PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic MPL 2018

FlyVeryHigh-
13th Nov 2017, 14:34
Hello! Does anyone know if this is due to make a return this year (for 2018)?

stupotk
13th Nov 2017, 15:58
When I saw the thread title I got all excited!

Sadly not - I spoke to L3 a couple of days ago who told me VS haven’t made any contact to launch the programme this year.

I haven’t spoken to VS directly though so I guess there is a chance they could launch it with another training school...

FlyVeryHigh-
13th Nov 2017, 16:49
Ah, apologies haha. I feared it might have that effect on someone!

Cheers for the info! Fingers crossed it reopens at some point.

stupotk
13th Nov 2017, 20:13
No worries!

I hope so too - one of the best programmes out there!

EZY_FR
13th Nov 2017, 22:17
From what I understand, the scheme won’t be running again anytime soon. This was from speaking to L3 at PCL in London.

Chris the Robot
13th Nov 2017, 23:02
I can't remember which bank Virgin Atlantic used for this programme but it wouldn't surprise me, if like BBVA, they stopped offering "pilot mortgages". Perhaps the decision by BA to market a self-funded programme and Virgin to not seemingly not run theirs is to do with the lack of any banks wanting to provide a pilot training product. That would leave the airlines between the choice of a fully funded programme, like Aer Lingus, or a self-funded one, like BA's latest offering, without the option of an FPP/FFP-style funding option.

Pure speculation but that's my angle on it, of course I may indeed be proven wrong. There's also the ex-Monarch folk and of course the Ryanair exodus provide a supply of qualifieds.

31Pilot
14th Nov 2017, 18:48
One of my neighbours had contacted Virgin Atlantic (for her son), this was in September/October, about the scheme. She was told it usually opens in November but she was given the impression it wasn't opening this year.