PDA

View Full Version : Delay in Training Progress

batmax
9th Nov 2017, 13:32
Hi,
I am currently doing my ground studies, but after our first flight phase (VFR) we will have 2 months of delay. The reasons is: we have to wait for another course. Is such a delay bad for the interviews or an disadvantage for applications ? I think the most important things are the exams and the final Training Report. So if you're able to settle the delay and be able to know everything after the break and have good results the airlines won't care about the delay. But I am not sure...

I am litte bit nervous.

The flight school is one of the 3 best in Europe beside CTC and Oxford. So she has a really high reputation etc.

Kind regards

And by the way: It is Abinitio.

gfunc
9th Nov 2017, 15:11
From the first flight in my logbook to my CPL test there is about twenty years. I think you'll be fine.

planesandthings
9th Nov 2017, 23:33
I wouldn't worry. L3/CTC have had multiple delays in their scheduling putting quite a few of their students back.
They're even now keeping whitetail cadets in the UK for elementary training because the backlog is so bad! As long as you can explain why if needed (unlikely) then you'll be fine. I just hope it isn't costing you too much in living.

Does make me think why some schools choose such illogical places to train, why travel 11,000 miles to learn in such a volatile climate...:ugh: