PDA

View Full Version : Greek CAA! Help!

LightShade
3rd Nov 2017, 11:32
Hi dreamers,
I am in a rush to find some clear answers.
Hopefully some of you can refer from personal experience.
I am a UK ATPL student looking forward to sit ATPL exams in Greece.
Now, the deadline for subscribing is in 4 days time, I am struggling however to find out how to register for the exam.
I did send the documents reported in ypa website but I don’t understand whether they went through or not, i have been at the phone for 3 days with more than 20 different ppl ( no jokes I have an entire page of Greek caa phone numbers)
Is any of you able to refer they personal experience?
Which is the itinerary to get enrolled in the exam session?
Help! Please!

Alex Whittingham
4th Nov 2017, 22:07
Are you studying with Global or Egnatia? Can they not help you? They know the system.

tescoapp
5th Nov 2017, 12:58
From what I have heard you have difficulties with the Greek CAA if your Greek and speak the local lingo.....

LightShade
13th Nov 2017, 09:58
No I’m doing the license in a UK ATO, that’s the problem I think.
Greek CAA do not let me book exams session without passing through a Greek ATO, in order to provide me help, but then the schools they don’t help me unless I enroll with them.

flybyschool
18th Nov 2017, 11:45
I believe the ATO is the one that presents you to the exams... you cannot do it yourself
At least, that is how it works in Spain

Jolax
19th Nov 2017, 12:55
That is not what EASA says.
You can do your atpl exams any EASA country provided that you did the ground school in Easaland.

tescoapp
20th Nov 2017, 04:37
Yes but the school has to say you have ticked the boxes to sit the exams. ie you have done the required class room time and you have submitted the diary of home study if required.

Its to stop people putting themselves into the exams without a course completion cert.

LightShade
28th Nov 2017, 11:33
At the end, I went for a polish CAA.
The process is much more straight forward and they are available for any help.
EASA says you can take the exam in any EASA country even thought you did the groundschool in another country.
Personal feeling is that they wouldn’t bother with me as I don’t speak Greek and because I am not student of a Greek ATO.
Obviously Greeks ATO won’t help you either unless you are register with them for the groundschool.
Would be nice to hear somebody who actually menage to go through it.