PDA

View Full Version : Where would you go for 109 maintenance in UK?

EESDL
30th Oct 2017, 01:24
Advice required from those who operate/pay for AW maintenance. Interested in the usual stuff:
Customer care/satisfaction
Personnel turnover
Punctuality
Parts sourcing
Etc etc

As a single aircraft operator punctuality/turnaround times very important factor.
Please feel free to PM me.

masonic-air
30th Oct 2017, 13:45
The trouble with question like this is that you'll find the majority of responses on here are normally geographical, predominately driven by the location of th nominated manager/pilot, with some/little regard for financial/commercial element of the operation(s). However, telling from your post, I get the distinct impression that its the 'quality of service' that is important. There's a number of maintenance organisations dotted around the UK, but in truth there are only really two key players for the 109; Castle Air and Sloane, both linked to the OEM. Castle has spread its wings of late and now has basis in Cornwall, Gloucester and London, whereas Sloane I believe are only on the outskirts of Northampton - I've dealt with both! The Castle arrangements works better from my personnel experiences; operate 7 days a week, (somebody is always available), good diagnostics, have a large spares stock (i'm told) and back-up aircraft (power/grand) that on most occasions is available to lease. Charter is another option - I've used this service to cover maintenance periods. The maintenance always goes to plan and I'm kept informed of events/components that require replacement - if they haven't got it, the AOG system kicks; none of the maintenance orgs keep everything! Not sure of staff turnover in the bowls of the business as I seemed to have dealt with the same people at both locations for years, therefore, I may have subliminally answered that question! Reputation - everybody is upping their game, which helps stabilize the VFM element.

horatio_b
30th Oct 2017, 14:04
UK Aviation Services at Blackpool maintain a number of A109s

wigglyamp
30th Oct 2017, 19:39
Gama Aviation at Fairoaks also maintain a number of 109s.

EESDL
1st Nov 2017, 07:40
Thanks Masonic - very useful

theloudone
1st Nov 2017, 08:10
Sloane`s get my vote

John R81
1st Nov 2017, 11:08
EGB Helicopters, Redhill - they look after several

Maninknow
1st Nov 2017, 11:50
Sloane for 109 maintenance.