PDA

View Full Version : Suparna Airlines

MD80767 Driver
28th Oct 2017, 19:51
Suparna, ex. Yangtze River.....anyone there who can tell a bit about life in the company (744)

zoom33
30th Oct 2017, 07:39
are you going with pilotmovers or smileaviation ?
the bad point is living cost in Shangaï, very expensive, I checked and it is around 3500€ for a 3 bedrooms apt

MD80767 Driver
30th Oct 2017, 12:31
Hey Zoom....thanks. Holy cr.. Well, I am doing Sim check in Amsterdam in Nov. Lets see how it goes. Through Smile Aviation

joe falchetto 64
30th Oct 2017, 15:15
Hey Zoom....thanks. Holy cr.. Well, I am doing Sim check in Amsterdam in Nov. Lets see how it goes. Through Smile Aviation

I have completed my first contract in Shanghai (A 320): now I have moved to another airline in a "second tier" city. Better contract, better quality of life, much less pollution, more fun, much cheaper: on a average monthly basis , I save around usd 3000,00 (single, no family with me, commuting) compared to Shanghai.

MD80767 Driver
2nd Nov 2017, 15:11
Can anyone say something, about working for Suparna?

zoom33
3rd Nov 2017, 07:39

And private school around 25-30k per year. But salary is very good.

HURZ
13th Nov 2017, 22:52
Hi Fellow aviators!
I did compare Smile, Pilotmovers and Longreachchina... They all offer a job with Suparna but on very different conditions. Difference is in the allowances and Pilotmovers even offering only 65% of basic during training....Which is just a joke..... except Smile, they offer full allowances.... Is this all a big set up? Please advise about your experience! Thanks

flightleader
14th Nov 2017, 08:19
The agency that I am communicating with offers:

Residence/8 days off/11 days off(best in my opinion)

-11days off,60hrs,20days leave.....around USD20,500, not including overtime $250/hr when above 720 block time/year.

During ground training 65% basic,line training 70%.

B737 or B744

PM me for more details.

UB6IB9
15th Nov 2017, 13:37
Anyone actually working for Suparna on the 37 or 47? Any chance I would be able to have a quick chat via PM or other means?

Take care

MD80767 Driver
16th Nov 2017, 06:28
Hurz....Im going for it with Smile Aviation. Their deal is also, 65% of full Basic salary during training + full allowances. I dont think you can blame any of the brokers for that. Still...its much better than what my current company pays for a full time Capt on line

MD80767 Driver
16th Nov 2017, 06:30
UB6IB9

Hear Hear.....There must be someone here, who works for them...

Anyways, Im going for a Sim check with Suparna on monday (20 Nov) If u are not there, I'll PM u with details

UB6IB9
16th Nov 2017, 10:33
Thanks guys. No sim check booked yet but hopefully soon.

Good luck to those going for the eval.

Cheers

Flap3
18th Nov 2017, 03:28
For the contracts, all the agencies have the same contract, the contract is for ALL the pilots, not for only one agency. then you cannot see different salaries with different agencies.

BattSwitch
25th Nov 2017, 12:47
Contacted a couple of agencies about the contract and all look the same: 65% of basic during TR and 70% basic during LT, apparently the rest gets paid 100% i.e. housing allowance, travel allowance etc.

Went to a roadshow last week and got told Suparna is planning on doing reverse roster (BRU, AMS etc) if there are enough people interested in this, on the 747. I dont really see this happening (not in the beginning anyway), any of you got the same info?

Wondering if you will be cruise cpt on 74 initially. Can't get a clear answer on this from the agencies.

Also one recruiter told me average trip on 747 is around 9 days. If you have the 11 days off deal this means you wont be spending a lot of nights in Shanghai, so maybe hotels will suffice instead of renting something expensive or getting a "crashpad" with multiple expats.

UB6IB9
26th Nov 2017, 21:09
Can anyone comment on what the rosters look like for resident 737/747?

Cheers

samca
7th Dec 2017, 07:44
Hi Guys,

I’ve been offered a FO position on B737 with Suparna. Could you please to share some info about working conditions for a FO

Possibility of upgrade
Possibility of flying 787
Salary and quiality of life in Shanghai...

Cheers

S.

Dr. Eldon Tyrrel
13th Dec 2017, 18:57
Suparna, ex. Yangtze River.....anyone there who can tell a bit about life in the company (744)

Hi guys,

Just got in touch with an agency and condictions are pretty much the same posted here.

The simulator should be on jan/feb for 747 NTR.

Anyone got any news about the company? If they decide to have reverse roster it would be great.

Cheers

dustyskies
14th Dec 2017, 16:03
My agency told me Suparna is also looking into reverse rostering options from ORD and ANC. Anyone got more news on this??

You rock
17th Dec 2017, 14:01
Hi buddy

Did you find out if they are upgrading first officers and do you start on 787

Hi Guys,

I’ve been offered a FO position on B737 with Suparna. Could you please to share some info about working conditions for a FO

Possibility of upgrade
Possibility of flying 787
Salary and quiality of life in Shanghai...

Cheers

S.

CancelIFR
19th Dec 2017, 11:33
any info regarding the sim is appreciated, feel free to PM if you wish.

Smilewithme
25th Dec 2017, 06:47
Suparna will do screening in AMS, Jan 27-29, anyone will join?

dustyskies
25th Dec 2017, 17:53
Anyone dealing with Longreach?? Or can pass on any information on how they are?

Thanks

Smilewithme
29th Dec 2017, 06:31
Hi guys,

Just got in touch with an agency and condictions are pretty much the same posted here.

The simulator should be on jan/feb for 747 NTR.

Anyone got any news about the company? If they decide to have reverse roster it would be great.

Cheers

Hi, for B747, to start your roster from reverse scheduling point and finish your roster in reverse scheduling point is allowed to request which can save the traveling days. BTW, the simulator is confirmed to be checked on B737 for TR and NTR from Jan 27-29 in AMS.

VAMY
30th Dec 2017, 17:25
For those thinking of joining Suparna.

Bear in mind that they're part of the Hainin Group, as are a lot of other Chinese airlines.

There are lots of articles breaking news in the financial internet media that the group is running into financial trouble & that questions are being asked at very high levels about who the true owners are.

Sounds more than a bit suspect to me.

Also, so the rumours say, some of the subsidiary airlines that the group owns are not paying their bills. This includes the pilot salaries at BCA to name but one.

If they are in financial trouble, which the financial media strongly indicates they are, then for sure turbulent waters are ahead.

Suparna hasn't even properly been started yet. It's a planned "new airline". They're still setting up and they're part of the Hainin Group. If the group are in financial trouble, which they seem to be because they're "disposing of assets", then for sure their big order for shiny new B787's will be in great jeopardy and thus the whole idea of the new airline.

I would council that "you read before you leap". At the moment, other Chinese carriers not in the Hainin Group are a much safer bet.

China Southern immediately comes to mind.

Dr. Eldon Tyrrel
3rd Jan 2018, 18:56
Hi, for B747, to start your roster from reverse scheduling point and finish your roster in reverse scheduling point is allowed to request which can save the traveling days. BTW, the simulator is confirmed to be checked on B737 for TR and NTR from Jan 27-29 in AMS.

Hi Smilewithme,

Thanks for tour reply.

They are yet to confirm the sim dates in CAE South America for me, also on B737, must probably in Feb 2-3.

Dr. Eldon Tyrrel
3rd Jan 2018, 19:03
For those thinking of joining Suparna.

Bear in mind that they're part of the Hainin Group, as are a lot of other Chinese airlines.

There are lots of articles breaking news in the financial internet media that the group is running into financial trouble & that questions are being asked at very high levels about who the true owners are.

Sounds more than a bit suspect to me.

Also, so the rumours say, some of the subsidiary airlines that the group owns are not paying their bills. This includes the pilot salaries at BCA to name but one.

If they are in financial trouble, which the financial media strongly indicates they are, then for sure turbulent waters are ahead.

Suparna hasn't even properly been started yet. It's a planned "new airline". They're still setting up and they're part of the Hainin Group. If the group are in financial trouble, which they seem to be because they're "disposing of assets", then for sure their big order for shiny new B787's will be in great jeopardy and thus the whole idea of the new airline.

I would council that "you read before you leap". At the moment, other Chinese carriers not in the Hainin Group are a much safer bet.

China Southern immediately comes to mind.

Hi VAMY,

Thanks for your heads up.
Well, I’ll do the whole process and see what happens.
I read news regarding HNA financial trouble, after they went on buying spree and some of its subsidiaries are not paying some lessors.
Let’s see what happens next.

bigbuzz744
4th Jan 2018, 15:25
No upgrades for FOs in CHINA. Almost Impossible I would say.

EagleA25
5th Jan 2018, 08:37
No upgrades for FOs in CHINA. Almost Impossible I would say.

I didn’t even know there were Expat FO’s in China...

747inwonderland
7th Jan 2018, 01:50
Whatever the contract you saw on the road show is just for reference only. You might not get your HL, you might not get your AL even they are written in black and white.

This is a mismanaged airlines. Schedules are extremely unstable. You can not plan your social life at all. Very often, you have to pay extra in order to change the tickets/ hotels that have been booked due to flight delay/ cancel....

The reasons of unstable schedule? From ATC flow control to AOG to wrong GD or W&B, cargo loading problem....all sorts of reasons you can imagine.

Reimbursement process is long and painful if you pay your expenses for the company in urgent situation.

The communication quality between expat pilots and the company is poor because of language barrier. Many misunderstandings occur and piss you off from time to time.

747inwonderland
7th Jan 2018, 01:56
Reverse rosters??? Never heard of it.
The pilot recruitment office may promise you something, the crew scheduler may do another.
They never cross talk.

HURZ
8th Jan 2018, 18:00
747inwonderland..... looks like you are flying there.... more and all infos
please.. they pay on time? how often are you delayed arriving at off days and many more questions.... Let us know! And also how about HNA fiancial trouble??
Thanks!

747inwonderland
12th Jan 2018, 11:48
747inwonderland..... looks like you are flying there.... more and all infos
please.. they pay on time? how often are you delayed arriving at off days and many more questions.... Let us know! And also how about HNA fiancial trouble??
Thanks!

pay is on time, so far.
delays~5 out 10 flights are delayed.
HNA financial trouble? follow up all media, they are all there, not a secret anymore.

dustyskies
14th Jan 2018, 17:13
Hi 747inwonderland,

Same here, more information is appreciated. PM me if you can. It would be nice to see a typical 747 roster.

Thx in advance.

dustyskies
16th Jan 2018, 08:16
Is it a 2,3 or 4 man crew on the Jumbo ? I’ve applied for DEC, is it anything like CSA (4 crew ops {2 captains}) and your the b1tch skip in non English speaking flight deck dieing of second hand smoke inhalation?

Is the type rating done in china ? Much yelling and abuse during the type end. from the locals?

From what I was told almost every flight on the 747 is 4 man crew.

zoom33
17th Jan 2018, 06:55
any info regarding the sim is appreciated, feel free to PM if you wish.

You can contact me about the sim
Cheers

747inwonderland
26th Jan 2018, 02:27
to those who are interested about suparna:
it is meaningless to show you a roster here, it may valid only for few hours to few days after published.
too many changes all the time.
i heard that there is a road show approaching in ams, but the sim checkers/interviewers are still stuck in pvg due to flight delay....:ugh:
if you are interested to join suparna, ask critical questions to them: 1. how's your roster, is it stable/reliable? can we arrange/ plan ahead? 2. great if it is, how about schedule changes and who will compensate my loss? 3. can everybody really enjoy all the HL, AL as promised in the contract? what will happen if not? 4. are the c&t you showing us here really the one being executed now? if not, why and when?....etc.

dustyskies
26th Jan 2018, 08:31
Hey 747inwonderland,

All good and valid points. Let me ask you one thing though. Are your days off (10 days consecutive) affected by those roster changes? If I am not mistaken they offer currently offer 10 days off, correct me if I am wrong.

Thx.

zoom33
27th Jan 2018, 08:17
11 days off (consecutive) and you can cumulate end of month / beginning next month.

747inwonderland
27th Jan 2018, 23:05
Hi 747inwonderland,

How are rosters on 747 compared to 787? Would like to pm you for more info if possible?

Thx

787 only 1 ac and it flies domestic....no international

747inwonderland
27th Jan 2018, 23:07
From what I was told almost every flight on the 747 is 4 man crew.

it will be a smoky cockpit if any one of your crew is a smoker.

747inwonderland
27th Jan 2018, 23:12
Hey 747inwonderland,

All good and valid points. Let me ask you one thing though. Are your days off (10 days consecutive) affected by those roster changes? If I am not mistaken they offer currently offer 10 days off, correct me if I am wrong.

Thx.

according to contract we are having now....9 days. you can add your al to hl if conditions permitted.
hard to say if you will be permitted or not, it all depends on operation conditions...i.e. your request might be rejected.

HURZ
28th Jan 2018, 16:47
747 in WL is, from what I heared from other sources, right with the unstable and unpredicable schedules.
Besides this, I think it’s a high risk involved considering the real big financial problems of HNA which even stopped trading on the Chinese stockmarked for 7 of it’s companies, including Hainan Airlines. I was really considering this company but for now I think it’s a big gamble and it doesn’t make sense to leave a secure job just for the money and going for an unpredictable future. Just my two cents....

747inwonderland
30th Jan 2018, 08:54
747 in WL is, from what I heared from other sources, right with the unstable and unpredicable schedules.
Besides this, I think it’s a high risk involved considering the real big financial problems of HNA which even stopped trading on the Chinese stockmarked for 7 of it’s companies, including Hainan Airlines. I was really considering this company but for now I think it’s a big gamble and it doesn’t make sense to leave a secure job just for the money and going for an unpredictable future. Just my two cents....

Yes, you are absolutely right. Do not come unless you desperately need a job. Even without the HNA financial crisis, Y8 is not a company that keeps its promises well.

747inwonderland
30th Jan 2018, 12:02
11 days off (consecutive) and you can cumulate end of month / beginning next month.

Only if Y8 can keep their promise.
But the truth is that Y8 still owes most 744 expats so many AL from previous years. No one knows how and when will Y8 pay back.

747inwonderland
3rd Feb 2018, 08:15
What about remuneration? Do you get what you are entitled, and on time?

yes, like i said before, remuneration is on time so far, but reimburstment is not.

Mike0103
10th Feb 2018, 11:45
Hello ,

Any of the guys working there willing to share a sample roster or how many days are actualy spent in PVG espacialy on the 11 day off contract?

columbia747
17th Feb 2018, 07:20
Suparna or \y8 interesting story
I was there some 9 years most promises even when written down are not kept
bases like ams bru ord forget it >will never happen
schedules usually published per week and then multiple changes per week cos AOG ATC slots etcetc>Crewhotels are on european two stars even one star
upgrades etc very seldom ,homeworks multi <The only good reason to be there is the money if you can stand the rest ,ideal for people close to retirement not for young people <Airline is hardly managed <Specially now that HNA gets in deep problems its not the ideal place >>>>>>

MD80767 Driver
17th Feb 2018, 12:43
Wow....this applicant is approaching minimums. When I started the approach, it was cavok. Now, it seems very foggy

747inwonderland
21st Feb 2018, 12:58
Definitely reconsidering after reading this too.

I was looking at joining as NTR DEC B747. The bond is quite large Y8 are asking too. If the 18K USD P/M is paid (full time option) on time in full and they don’t play any games whereby putting you on another fleet i.e Narrow-body, I really don’t care about the rest.

Any other war stories? PM me if you would rather.

Be careful!!! We have had few cases that people pay the bond in advance but Y8 didn't pay them back when all promised conditions were fulfilled. Some are still fighting for it, some just left with anger...

747inwonderland
21st Feb 2018, 13:15
Latest news.....
Y8 is having difficulty to pay us overseas (accounts and USD out side of china). And after tax certificate issued by china is not promised.
Things remain unclear because long lunar new year holiday. Will check it out later....

columbia747
2nd Mar 2018, 15:22
SF airlines starts now 747 ops aswell a far better option than suparna always fighting for cash and loans<SF has own coolhouses and warehouses and is like the DHL of China and they have capital at least and dont need to fight for contracts at marginal prices

747inwonderland
18th Mar 2018, 01:41
For those who are dreaming of upgrading or flying 787:
Please forget about that.
The only one 787 that Suparna operating now, may return to HNA in May. HNA needs cash!
For expat. FO upgrade, only one so far in more than 10 years.
Come only when you have retired or finished your career somewhere.
Not a place for young pilots.

columbia747
19th Mar 2018, 12:12
i agree completely wonderland :D

extreme P
19th Mar 2018, 13:55
Anybody know if the bills got paid on the 16th?

danny_chi_1975
19th Mar 2018, 17:10
Anybody know if the bills got paid on the 16th?

HNA ground staff told me that HNA has paid full amount.

etops777
20th Mar 2018, 08:38
HNA ground staff told me that HNA has paid full amount.

According to the news report that HNA had paid a partial amounts and that they will make a plan to pay off in instalments. Crisis is not yet over.

danny_chi_1975
20th Mar 2018, 09:37
According to the news report that HNA had paid a partial amounts and that they will make a plan to pay off in instalments. Crisis is not yet over.

According to news, HNA paid full amount of fuel bill, but didnt pay the interest which fuel company request.
I assume etops777 you can read chinese, so here comes the link.

hk.finance.appledaily.com/finance/realtime/article/20180316/57954626

I am considering to apply HNA group so I am very interested if you could provide me the news you read? Thanks

vespaspecial
4th Apr 2018, 15:35
Hi gents,

I'm considering to join Suparna as DEC Type rated 747;
Anyone willing to share some info?
According to Longreach:

1. It is possible to spread the 20 days of leave every month, so basically 2 weeks on 2 weeks off roster.
2. There is also the option to start and finish the duty pattern on overseas bases (in my case either AMS or BRU).
3. During ground training and line training the Performance allowance and Monthly allowance are paid.

Can I rely on these info given by the agency?

Suparna does actually allow pilots to do so? Can you please give more details about it?

Really appreciated,
thanks guys.

747inwonderland
10th Apr 2018, 06:46
Hi gents,

I'm considering to join Suparna as DEC Type rated 747;
Anyone willing to share some info?
According to Longreach:

1. It is possible to spread the 20 days of leave every month, so basically 2 weeks on 2 weeks off roster.
2. There is also the option to start and finish the duty pattern on overseas bases (in my case either AMS or BRU).
3. During ground training and line training the Performance allowance and Monthly allowance are paid.

Can I rely on these info given by the agency?

Suparna does actually allow pilots to do so? Can you please give more details about it?

Really appreciated,
thanks guys.
very suspicious.........

vespaspecial
13th Apr 2018, 11:51
Thanks for the answer 747inwonderland.
What do you mean with "very suspicious.."?
I should not trust them?
It's an important call I have to make so I wanna be sure before to continue or to commit..

747inwonderland
21st Apr 2018, 07:50
Thanks for the answer 747inwonderland.
What do you mean with "very suspicious.."?
I should not trust them?
It's an important call I have to make so I wanna be sure before to continue or to commit..

Read previous msg.....

zoom33
22nd Apr 2018, 07:37
With changes in Hainan group we don't know about the new contract conditions, salary, rosters ... Apparently they stopped taking more 787 and 747 for this year. Wait and see.
Roster is published week after week expected but they respect the contract

BigEasy
25th Apr 2018, 14:12
747 in WL: thank you for the multiple heads up

LimaVictor
26th Apr 2018, 05:54
Anybody here applying to Suparna have you been asked to fill out a Safety record CAAC form that MUST be stamped and signed by your present company's FleetManager??
I am stuck in the middle of the process and cannot go to the sim check if I do not bring them that dammed form?? I explained them that I cannot do that before I am have a sure job offer with Suparna but they are not flexible at all!!
Any tips would be helpful , thanks.