PDA

View Full Version : Crmminal Record

av8tordude
27th Oct 2017, 23:41
Question...I have an arrest record (1-charge) but I was NOT convicted 28 years ago (charge dropped by prosecution). I pulled my record and the case shows up but no retrieval information is available (records destroyed). I never spent any time in jail/prison. I see a lot of Asian airlines say "no criminal record", however I'm would like to know would this case disqualify me based on my record of arrest but cleared of this charge prevent me from being hired?

I have applied to one Asian airline and I'm waiting for a positive response.

Thanks for your feedback

rolloutflare
28th Oct 2017, 02:22
Sorry mate I think you have a slim chance on this one. (To get hired that is.)
Most carriers in Asian countries will ditch you in a split second, as they don't look good having anything record in your background check and an arrest record is a very serious matter in the eye of any Asian bloke.
Wish you all the best still.

squarecrow
28th Oct 2017, 09:43
Hi av8tordudude,
Please check your Private messages,,

Jpacheco1981
18th Nov 2017, 04:09
I had a dui 7 Year
Is dismissed from my criminal record
Would that be a problem to get a job in China ?

YFloyd
22nd Nov 2017, 08:21
These criminal record issues really depend on the jurisdiction in which the criminal record was incurred.

Many western common law criminal justice systems retain the rehabilitation principal of a 'spent record'. That is for specified classes of offenses the record will be deleted after a specific period of time. It really depends on the offense and what , if any, penalty was received for the conviction. It can vary from state/province to state/province. Even Singapore has this principal.

It really depends on the jurisdiction and the applicable law.

An arrest record from 28 years ago should not come up on a criminal record - especially as you state that the case was not prosecuted. Based on what you wrote, this should not be any impediment.

A DUI from 7 years ago is more likely, but you said it has been "dismissed" from your record.

What you need is a criminal check from your relevant law enforcement agency based on your current residential address (certified and translated for China context). Most operators usually accept a local/state criminal check. Some insist on National ones and depending on your country some criminal checks are only issued at a National level.

Obviously, residential addresses change though life for most pilots............