PDA

View Full Version : Caught out in a nightclub?

Vin Diesel
17th Jul 2002, 15:51
I have just gotten a copy of my prescription off my less than helpful optician.

R: -050/-050/90
L: -050/-050/90

Now, I know that I am shortsighted, but does this standard of eyesight make you exempt from gaining a Class one? I have searched and read recent eyesight queries and used the information I obtained from them to ask my optician some questions but he did not want to know. I know that I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

I am shortsighted and doing a PPL at the moment, My eyesight is perfect when i wear my glasses, only I don't wear them out to nightclubs and this has led to some near misses! I don't think the class two will be a problem for the eyesight, but for the class one I am not so sure. Is my eyesight likely to deteriorate much over the next ten/twenty years that could result in loss of class one and therefore loss of licence.

I would be very appreciative of any out there who could shed some light on my queries, before I commit to a substantial outlay of hard earned cash.

Grazias.

foghorn
20th Jul 2002, 20:48
I'm guessign that you've missed out some decimal points here and your eyesight is

-0.50/-0.50/90
-0.50/-0.50/90

If so you're well within the JAA Class One refractive error limits. I'm much worse than that and I still got a class one under the old more stringent standards.

Vin Diesel
23rd Jul 2002, 07:59
Many thanks Foghorn, just did the class two and he said I should have no problems getting a class one, although I don't have the strongest pair of lungs in the world.