PDA

View Full Version : Wijet

S Midgeon
26th Oct 2017, 13:38
What is going on at Blackbushe? From what I gather from an F/O that's just started with us there is a mass exodus going on at Wijet or is it still Blink. Apparently most of the Post holders and senior management team have left or are leaving and from what he says the company is in a spiral dive under a new CEO

CL300
26th Oct 2017, 14:32
One should listen carefully.... It is a very oriented and speculative post here...ho my ! This is pprune !

slightlyrestrained
4th Feb 2018, 18:05
"Air Taxi Service Provider Wijet Commits to Upgrading Business Jet Fleet with HondaJet"

"PARIS— Jan. 29, 2018 — Honda Aircraft Company and Wijet, a provider of air taxi service currently operating 15 business jets throughout Europe, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) today for multiple HondaJets to upgrade the Wijet fleet.

Wijet is based in Paris, France and is the European leader in the Very Light Jet sector, offering travel to about 1,200 airports throughout Europe and North Africa. The Wijet mission is to provide its customers with the most modern and advanced aircraft that meet the company’s expectations of high performance, efficiency and reliability.

“I am delighted that Wijet has chosen the HondaJet to provide their customers with the exceptional experience of the most advanced light jet on the market,” said Honda Aircraft President and CEO Michimasa Fujino. “I am confident the HondaJet will meet and exceed their expectations with the quietest, most spacious and most comfortable cabin in its class, combined with unrivaled speed, efficiency, and amenities like a fully-private lavatory and WiFi connectivity.”

“There is no comparison to the HondaJet, in its category,” said Patrick Hersent, CEO of Wijet. “For our customers we offer the best-of-the-best in terms of products and experience while providing our partners with a safe and superior product at an affordable rate. The HondaJet does all of these things.”

The HondaJet is currently sold in North America, Middle and South America, Europe, South East Asia, and China.

For more information, visit hondajet.com

About HondaJet
The HondaJet is the fastest, highest-flying, quietest, and most fuel-efficient jet in its class. The HondaJet incorporates many technological innovations in aviation design, including the unique Over-The-Wing Engine Mount (OTWEM) configuration that dramatically improves performance and fuel efficiency by reducing aerodynamic drag. The OTWEM design also reduces cabin noise, minimizes ground-detected noise, and allows for the roomiest cabin in its class, the largest baggage capacity, and a fully serviceable private aft lavatory. The HondaJet is equipped with the most sophisticated glass flight deck available in any light business jet, a Honda-customized Garmin® G3000. The HondaJet is Honda's first commercial aircraft and lives up to the company’s reputation for superior performance, efficiency, quality and value.

About Honda Aircraft Company
Honda Aircraft Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Founded in 2006, Honda Aircraft’s world headquarters is located in North Carolina, the birthplace of aviation. The challenging spirit upon which Mr. Soichiro Honda founded Honda Motor Co., Ltd. is alive today as Honda Aircraft fulfills one of Honda’s longstanding dreams to advance human mobility skyward.

About Wijet
WiJet is one of the fastest-growing on-demand airlines in Europe and the first air taxi airline in France. It will enable you to travel all around Europe and North Africa (to over 1,200 different airports), conveniently and safely. Beyond being the highest insured private jet operator in Europe, we follow a unique business model worldwide: “One price, one aircraft type, one service.” Clear, efficient, competitive, Wijet is the new generation of private aviation."

slightlyrestrained
5th Feb 2018, 13:32
And the link to the press release has now been removed and taken offline. Interesting.

Romaro
8th Feb 2018, 09:43
SINGAPORE, Feb. 8, 2018 - Honda Aircraft Company and Wijet, a provider of air taxi service currently operating 15 business jets throughout Europe, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) today for multiple HondaJets to upgrade the Wijet fleet.

Honda Aircraft made the announcement during the Singapore Airshow being held at Changi Exhibition Centre, where the HondaJet is making its first-ever appearance.

Wijet is the first French air taxi company and offers travel to about 1,200 airports throughout Europe and North Africa. Wijet's mission is to provide their customers with the most modern and advanced aircraft with high performance, efficiency and reliability.
The MoU follows Honda Aircraft's recent announcements of being the most-delivered jet in its category for the first half of 2017 and several speed records in its class. Wijet is expected to take delivery of its first HondaJet during the first quarter of 2018 with more to follow.

"I am delighted that Wijet has chosen the HondaJet to provide their customers with the exceptional experience of the most advanced light jet on the market," said Honda Aircraft President and CEO Michimasa Fujino. "I am confident the HondaJet will meet and exceed their expectations with its quietest, most spacious and most comfortable cabin in its class combined with unrivaled speed, efficiency, and amenities like a fully-private lavatory and WiFi connectivity."

"There is no comparison to the HondaJet, in its category," said Patrick Hersent, CEO of Wijet. "For our customers we offer the best-of-the-best in terms of products and experience while providing our partners with a safe and superior product at an affordable rate. The HondaJet does all of these things."

Cambridge172
8th Feb 2018, 09:46
Won't be able to land at Blackbushe :ugh:

Winniebago
8th Feb 2018, 09:50
'The deal is estimated to be worth up to US$80 million (S$105.6 million), a milestone for the relative newcomer to the business jet market.

Wijet said the 16 five-passenger HA-420 will replace its current fleet of 15 Cessna aircraft over the next 18 months.'

Avioactive
8th Feb 2018, 10:27
Won't be able to land at Blackbushe :ugh:

Umm, B-Bushe LDA is 3,474 ft, H-Jet needs about 4,660 ft dry, 5,360 ft wet to land

Son of a Beech
8th Feb 2018, 11:29
Umm, B-Bushe LDA is 3,474 ft, H-Jet needs about 4,660 ft dry, 5,360 ft wet to land

Of course is it’s Wijet and not Blink anymore so maybe there won’t be a Blackbushe base anymore.

S Midgeon
8th Feb 2018, 17:47
Met up with a long time buddy who still flies for WiJet. Have to say the Cafe at BBS serves up a brilliant breakfast. Anyway he says that he cant quite work out how they will pay for all these new Jets when they are having trouble paying salaries, fuel Bills, airways bills etc. He was stopped at Farnborough recently by a TAG vehicle being driven in front of his aircraft whilst taxiing. They had put their fuel on account which had been put on stop. He told me its getting embarrassing.Yes you are right the runway wont work for the new aircraft but the buzz is they are planning to move. That doesnt surprise him either because they havent paid for fuel/landings etc at Blackbushe for months ...watch this space

Son of a Beech
9th Feb 2018, 05:56
Not to mention how they are going to find 80 pilots that are willing to self sponsor a new hondajet rating.

McDoo
9th Feb 2018, 06:13
It's a well known trick in the airline industry. If you are going bust, try to dispel the rumours by going out and ordering a fleet of fancy new aircraft. I doubt a single penny has been paid to HJC yet but it sure looks good eh?...

Romaro
9th Feb 2018, 11:37
Not to mention how they are going to find 80 pilots that are willing to self sponsor a new hondajet rating.

Yup, sending all those pilots to Greensboro for an extended stay is going to cost someone a few bob, in flights, subsistence, hotels etc. although the manufacturer tends to chuck in some courses with the purchase - thing is, in the wider world, your Mustang rating is a lot more useful than a HondaJet rating.

Son of a Beech
9th Feb 2018, 11:41
Just because Wijet gets the ratings for free doesn’t mean they won’t charge the pilots. Income is income, no matter where it comes from.

Winniebago
9th Feb 2018, 14:10
Can't imagine an entirely French-owned business with a French board of directors is going to retain a UK AOC and UK base, especially with the ambiguity surrounding Brexit, access, cabotage, VAT, customs, ownership structures, pilot employment/residency/rights etc. etc. London might be a key market, but every other consideration points towards bailing out of UK to continental EU. That said, French employment law, unions etc. are a nightmare.

HeliHenri
9th Feb 2018, 20:37
the first unit due to be delivered next month.
4 pilots already qualified.
2 pilots should be sent to Greensboro each month.

Abbeville
10th Feb 2018, 10:17
Once the last 'stang goes that's the end of the 'bushe for WiJet.

As an aside which jets can operate legally out of there?

Son of a Beech
10th Feb 2018, 10:46
PC-24 of course

pax britanica
10th Feb 2018, 12:18
I thought Blink owned Blackbushe having taken it over from BCA .

With no Blink /Wijet movements its going to be a struggle to keep EGLK going and i can see anice big Yateley new town housing development which would be a shame

Abbeville
10th Feb 2018, 14:21
Granted it's Wikipedia but it says this about PC24 perf:

>>Pilatus has claimed that the PC-24 possesses performance attributes which are unmatched by any jet aircraft on the market. It possesses a takeoff distance of 820 m (2,690 ft) and a landing distance of 770 m (2,526 ft). The PC-24 is intended to be capable of operations from unpaved runways and grass strips<<

Son of a Beech
10th Feb 2018, 18:22
Granted it's Wikipedia but it says this about PC24 perf:

>>Pilatus has claimed that the PC-24 possesses performance attributes which are unmatched by any jet aircraft on the market. It possesses a takeoff distance of 820 m (2,690 ft) and a landing distance of 770 m (2,526 ft). The PC-24 is intended to be capable of operations from unpaved runways and grass strips<<

This is copied from the Pilatus webside

https://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/en/fly/pc-24

Wycombe
10th Feb 2018, 22:16
The Ogden family and fellow investors bought the airfield in 2015, and have a vision for development as detailed here https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/a-vision-of-blackbushe

Whether this now all changes now that they no longer have an interest in Blink (as was), and Wijet order new jets (if they actually have), we will have to wait and see.

Not forgetting there are other businesses based on the field, including Aerobility, who are a high-profile aviation charity and have recently been expanding their facilities.

I can't speak with authority re. Public Transport Ops (I'm just a former puddle-jumper pilot who used to fly from the field), but I've seen biz-jet types up to Da900 and 7X.
There's a fairly regular Da2000 currently.

Jetairfly come with PC12's (as do others) on an occasional basis, as do Netjets with some of their smaller types (I've seen Excels and 125's).

fairflyer
12th Feb 2018, 07:02
Once the last 'stang goes that's the end of the 'bushe for WiJet.

No jets can go into B'Bushe on a commercial basis aside, bizarrely, from the Latitude and the Lineage which have incredible landing performance, privately people take a punt of course. But factor the landing distance required for a dry or a wet runway for public transport ops and every other jet type can't make it in for charters.

Of course there's some history there with Lears and Premier IA coming off the runway.

CL300
12th Feb 2018, 15:50
with no wind EASA a Mustang ( nearly a Jet ) hahaha can land with the 60% factorisation at 7839 Lbs with no wind and max landing 8000Lbs with 10 kt headwind

Wycombe
14th Feb 2018, 10:12
Of course there's some history there with Lears and Premier IA coming off the runway

Don't remember a Lear having an off, but yes a Premier did and of course the "Bin-Laden" Phenom.

winkwink
14th Feb 2018, 14:56
Don't remember a Lear having an off, but yes a Premier did and of course the "Bin-Laden" Phenom.
I landed and took off in a Lear 60 there in 2006. Well, I didn't, the fella in the left seat did. Lear 60s are as partial to runway as bears are to honey, and we managed to flat spot a tyre.

The sensibly fuelled Falcon 2000 which goes in and out, on which I freelanced a few times had no such problems.

Wycombe
8th Mar 2018, 20:03
Hondajet in evidence at The 'Bushe today - new owners trying it for size?

glider12000
9th Mar 2018, 08:43
Looks like a private owner..

Wycombe
9th Mar 2018, 22:17
....apparently the new smaller relative of the above-mentioned Falcon (replacing a Mustang, ironically)

MarcoT
6th Jun 2018, 14:50
Cessna have issued the order for the 4 original "Blink" liveried mustangs to be returned to the UK today and de-registered. Apparently Wijet haven't been paying the finance / programs on them.

Daifly
6th Jun 2018, 16:26
One way of clearing the decks before the Honda Jets arrive I guess...

hawkesmikey
25th Jun 2018, 20:58
Well staff not paid again! Hondajet will only arrive on a foreign AOC, and only if the wind is below 20kts crosswind

CL300
29th Jun 2018, 14:07
Bankrupcy.... This is the end.. last flights will be tomorrow, AOC will be suspended, salaries not paid...

G650capitan
30th Jun 2018, 06:44
Bankrupcy.... This is the end.. last flights will be tomorrow, AOC will be suspended, salaries not paid...

Updated: Patrick Hersent, the Group CEO of Wijet, has exclusively confirmed to Private Jet Card Comparisons that the UK side of the business will enter receivership on Monday. He said he resigned two weeks ago and officially leaves the business tomorrow, Saturday and staff were notified of the company plans today. He said the French side of the business will continue, however, he is not sure of the final plan. The UK side, which represented the former Blink, held the group’s Air Operator’s Certificate, issued by the UK authorities so even if the French side tries to continue it would have to negotiate both airplane leases and find an operator with an AOC, he says. Hersent said he is not aware of what’s owed to consumers or vendors. He said the decision was made by the Supervisory Board however, he declined to comment further.

G650capitan
30th Jun 2018, 06:51

Wijet, an SGH Capital investment and co-founded Mr. Alexandre Azoulay has filed for bankruptcy for the second time in 7 months. Wijet was in pre-bankruptcy in September 2017- December 2018. One of the other Co-founders has been writing a series of episodes highlighting possible irregularities with his former Co-founder. Three separate sources have told Private Jet Card Comparisons that European on-demand private jet charter and jet card membership operator Wijet has informed its staff, including pilots, it is planning to wind down operations over the weekend, and it is understood the company may be placed into receivership as early as Monday. A Wijet employee reached via telephone in Paris said the company is still operating flights and requested questions be directed via email, which have yet to be answered. Private Jet Card Comparisons has not been able to view any of the internal to staff emails.

CL300
30th Jun 2018, 10:17
There was only two emails, a load of informations from them.. All planes are flown to OXF by the end of the week-end

EatMyShorts!
30th Jun 2018, 20:46
Sad ****! Hope that all employees will find decent jobs elsewhere.

G650capitan
1st Jul 2018, 03:54
Sad ****! Hope that all employees will find decent jobs elsewhere.
This is not surprising, Wijet filed for bankruptcy protection in France in late 2017 and Forbes seems to have missed this in their article. The co-founders are both accusing each other of mis-management and self enrichment, financial excess / abuse. This is documented through 14 episodes by one of the co-founders basically accusing the other of self enrichment.

The real loss is to the investors who had reportedly invested over 30m into this fiasco under false promises. The Honda Jet deal was nothing more than a public relations stunt in hopes that it would attract more investors as Wijet had no cash at the time of signing that contract. It’s seems the remaining Co-founder ran out of excuses to sell to the employees and investors and decided to pull the plug on the UK and claiming Brexit.

Laughable at best, as This company was in bankruptcy before Brexit was announced. PWC verified this in their report to the French courts in 2017 concerning why Wijet was in pre-bankruptcy. At the time Wijet was acquiring Blink, Wijet was effectively insolvent but managed to raise money promising investors a value of 45m and an IPO within 12 months at a 120/share.

I am sure the past CEO and the most recent CEO have a lot of information to share with the vendors, employees and third parties who will not get paid. It would be interesting to get feed back from the investors and Honda jet at this moment in time. Brexit? Who would use such excuse to cover up this bankruptcy?

Fokkerwokker
1st Jul 2018, 05:40
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2018/06/30/wijet-is-closing-its-u-k-operations-changing-its-business-model/amp/

MarcoT
1st Jul 2018, 12:07
In addition to the above post, I’ve heard so many horror stories from the staff who worked there. Apparently:

After the acquisition of Blink, UK staff were told to prioritise booking from the French office, despite these being priced wholly inappropriately and on most occasions losing the company money.

The sales in France could only say “yes” to customers with no understanding of what the costs were. They were also paid a bonus on every sale. Flights in the middle of the night: sure, cheap price. Elaborate catering: here, free of charge. Your flight has a slot delay? Here, have a 100% refund and a discount off your next flight. You don’t like your British pilot? Ok we will fly another pilot in for you.

The Blink model was thrown out, and most of the senior management left, Chief Pilot, followed by Ops Manager, Sales Manager, HR Manager, Finance Manager.

The Wijet project was simply a means to attract funding to the CEO’s investment firm. When the new UK CEO was asked by one of the pilots, why the HondaJet, he replied “because of the dazzle dazzle”

Sadly Cynical
1st Jul 2018, 12:18
This fiasco was inevitable due to the actions of the WiJet managers and investors. Although Blink was yet to turn a profit at the time of acquisition by WiJet, it was self sustaining, run by a competent CEO who had costs under control, and with the AOC in the hands of Nominated Persons who knew what they were doing. Enter Wijet. Their claim to fame was that €18 M had been invested in the previous 3 years with nothing to show for it, additionally it was quite clear their spending was out of control. They also seemed to revel in annoying the Brokers, so that revenue stream was limited. Enter the current CEO. I’ll be careful here to avoid moderation, but I have never met anyone less suited to be a CEO and Accountable Manager. The result was therefore just a matter of time.

WiJet took a well run company in Blink and destroyed it. Shame on them all. Good luck to all my former colleagues.

Brizeguy
1st Jul 2018, 14:21
I’m told French crews and support staff were paid today and UK staff not, if that’s not a good example of why we need Brexit then I don’t know what is.
WijetScum!
I’m sure Honda would distance themselves from any such operation if the things we hear are true.

Jet Card Comparisons
1st Jul 2018, 16:29
Hi everyone,

I'm Doug Gollan - I'm owner and editor of Private Jet Card Comparisons and a contributor to Forbes.com - and my stories have been referenced in this thread, so I hope it is OK to post - I would appreciate anyone who can email me information about Wijet's prior financial problems as I have not been able to find anything. Also, any information about what's happening - feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Doug

His dudeness
1st Jul 2018, 18:03
I’m told French crews and support staff were paid today and UK staff not, if that’s not a good example of why we need Brexit then I don’t know what is.
WijetScum!
I’m sure Honda would distance themselves from any such operation if the things we hear are true.

Yeah exactly.

I´ll tell my ceo, "we" (not WI-JET) still employ thousands of Brits and French, he´ll be delighted not to have to pay them Brits anymore....he´ll love Brexit !

AviatorInEurope
1st Jul 2018, 21:25
The following information has been sent to the shareholders of WiJet SA (Luxembourg based holding company) on Friday 29th June:

Dear Shareholders,

We wish to inform you of several decisions to accelerate a restructuring operation that has been implemented since June 2017.

The traditional model of ''charter" poses clear economic challenges, with increased competition on the entry level, a streng cyclicality of the revenues, and a aging of our fleet which makes more and more expensive our operations. Since its inception, Wijet has not been able to generate a positive net margin. The acquisition of Blink UK - which should have achieved a minimum size - will not have been accretive, on the contrary. lndeed, as of April 2017, the English company expressed a significant cash need whereas it should have been contributory. This acquisition is the cause of Wijet's ills and the reason for the dismissal of his former leader.

lt is therefore a question of rethinking the Wijet model for its future.

Today, June 29, 2018, we pivot the model towards an operation subcontracted to a European business aviation operator. The vertical integration in air transport is no longer seem relevant in the current market phase.

We adopt a model closer to Wheelsup or Surfair in the United States, which has proven effective since 2015. Wijet will become "Wijet, operated by". Our planes will always be painted with our colors and the service will be in the continuity of Wijet.

This structuring reduces fixed costs in the cyclical phase and will allow us to focus on sales and marketing, which have always been our strengths. All air operations and maintenance management will be removed from the perimeter. The current drivers still employees of the French part will be trained on the Honda H420 during the summer. Our partner operator will provide training and monitoring of these pilots.

We will give up the Air Carrier Certificate from Blink Uk (the only one in the group) in the coming days - an AOC that was going to pose a funds problem given EASA's stance on Brexit as early as March 2019. Rather that to apply to a new AOC in the European Union and reproduce a model that is not proven on entry-level so far, we choose to mutate Wijet. At the same time, we are closing down the group's English operations, a focus of persistent lass. A fundamental decision that will improve the financial profile of the group and optimize the financing of our new fleet. The integration of English will never have been possible.

As you also know, we signed an agreement with Honda for a fleet replacement in February 2018. We received two financing offers - one of which is included in our projections in terms of down payment and monthly payments. A first down payment was made in May 2018. Our goal is to finalize an agreement during the summer. The Honda Jet will be operated by our partner, driven by our crews and funded by our leaser.

Keeping C510 Mustangs in flight is too costly, generating an operational lass of 200 to 350K per month. An unacceptable performance profile. A change of fleet is therefore a priority in parallel with the exit of the air operations.

The contract with Honda is located, like the Wijet brand and our agreements with Air France, in the parent company, Wijet Holding SA, of which you are all shareholders.

In parallel with this transaction, we will proceed with a recapitalization, with already existing shareholder interests. The terms will once again be open to all shareholders.

The transition - now protocolized - to the partner operator will be done during the summer of 2018, with a full transfer objective in mid-late August. In the meantime, as it has been since April 2018, and in the face of the gradual decline in our capacity on our old aircraft, we will charter from our partner companies to ensure continuity of service to our customers.

On a subsidiary note. We note that the former leader of the group is prospering to disseminate confidential information and unfortunately mistaken about the company, its past and present. As you know, the latter destroyed his email before his dismissal, depriving him of any credibility. An unworthy and immature behavior in the face of personal failure, but that we will let you judge by your personal and financial interests.

Today, we have to move forward.

A restructuring is always langer than desired and we evaluate it at 18-24 months, of which already a full year. We are determined to relaunch Wiiet on its new model. Other agreements are being negotiated and we will get back to you soon.

We would like to thank our Senior Advisor, Bruno Matheu, whose authority is undeniable, and the French advisors who have been working with us for several weeks.

We thank you for your patience and support!

Jean Francois Hochenauer

Member of the Executive Board, Wijet SA

Cambridge172
2nd Jul 2018, 11:59
G-FBBK, KB, KC,KE, KF, KG were titled to Blink. LK titled to ExAlt Aircraft Holdings, NK titled to Regan Intl. Inc., KK titled to Sain Honore Fly Sarl, KH titled to Jetinvest Sasu. F-GRET was Wijet/Azouley as is F-HBIR. FFFC - unknown.

KC, BK, KB, LK were reposessed by Textron a couple of weeks ago.

stormfury
3rd Jul 2018, 00:29
https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2018-07-02/blink-stops-flying-relinquishes-uk-aoc

Low life
3rd Jul 2018, 08:22
I feel sad, for the brief time i was with the company, the people in the office and the flight staff were amongst the finest people I have worked with.
In my thirty+ years in the business I have been fortunate to work with some of the most talented people in the industry, the CEO and the COO will not appear amongst that list, both were vastly out of their depth, blindly arrogant and appeared inexperienced within the Business jet world
The reason the company failed is the CEO and COO were not good enough

JollyRoger1830
3rd Jul 2018, 09:54
In this industry, everyone will most likely loose there jobs at some point, unless your lucky! However for a company to knowingly continue operations before closing one unit with unpaid staff is a little unfair, especially when they continue with there French Operations as planned, paying staff as they go. If you can afford a downpayment on a new fleet, im sure you can scrape some cash together to see your former colleagues right as they look for new work.

Dear Shareholders,
We wish to inform you of several decisions to accelerate a restructuring operation that has been
implemented since June 2017.
The traditional model of ''charter" poses clear economic challenges, with increased competition on
the entry level, a strong cyclicality of the revenues, and a aging of our fleet which makes more and
more expensive our operations. Since its inception, Wijet has not been able to generate a positive
net margin. The acquisition of Blink UK - which should have achieved a minimum size - will not have
been accretive, on the contrary. lndeed, as of April 2017, the English company expressed a significant
cash need whereas it should have been contributory. This acquisition is the cause of Wijet's ills and
the reason for the dismissal of his former leader.
lt is therefore a question of rethinking the Wijet model for its future.
Today, June 29, 2018, we pivot the model towards an operation subcontracted to a European
business aviation operator. The vertical integration in air transport is no longer seem relevant in the
current market phase.
We adopt a model closer to Wheelsup or Surfair in the United States, which has proven effective
since 2015. Wijet will become "Wijet, operated by". Our planes will always be painted with our colors
and the service will be in the continuity of Wijet.
This structuring reduces fixed costs in the cyclical phase and will allow us to focus on sales and
marketing, which have always been our strengths. All air operations and maintenance management
will be removed from the perimeter. The current drivers still employees of the French part will be
trained on the Honda H420 during the summer. Our partner operator will provide training and
monitoring of these pilots.
We will give up the Air Carrier Certificate from Blink UK (the only one in the group) in the coming
days - an AOC that was going to pose a funds problem given EASA's stance on Brexit as early as
March 2019. Rather that to apply to a new AOC in the European Union and reproduce a model that is
not proven on entry-level so far, we choose to mutate Wijet. At the same time, we are closing down
the group's English operations, a focus of persistent loss. A fundamental decision that will improve
the financial profile of the group and optimize the financing of our new fleet. The integration of
English will never have been possible.
As you also know, we signed an agreement with Honda for a fleet replacement in February 2018. We
received two financing offers - one of which is included in our projections in terms of down payment
and monthly payments. A first down payment was made in May 2018. Our goal is to finalize an
agreement during the summer. The Honda Jet will be operated by our partner, driven by our crews
and funded by our lessor.
Keeping C510 Mustangs in flight is too costly, generating an operational loss of 200 to 350K per
month. An unacceptable performance profile. A change of fleet is therefore a priority in parallel with
the exit of the air operations.
The contract with Honda is located, like the Wijet brand and our agreements with Air France, in the
parent company, Wijet Holding SA, of which you are all shareholders.
In parallel with this transaction, we will proceed with a recapitalization, with already existing
shareholder interests. The terms will once again be open to all shareholders.
The transition - now protocolized - to the partner operator will be done during the summer of 2018,
with a full transfer objective in mid-late August. In the meantime, as it has been since April 2018, and

in the face of the gradual decline in our capacity on our old aircraft, we will charter from our partner
companies to ensure continuity of service to our customers.
On a subsidiary note. We note that the former leader of the group is prospering to disseminate
confidential information and unfortunately mistaken about the company, its past and present. As
you know, the latter destroyed his email before his dismissal, depriving him of any credibility. An
unworthy and immature behaviour in the face of personal failure, but that we will let you judge by
your personal and financial interests.
Today, we have to move forward.
A restructuring is always longer than desired, and we evaluate it at 18-24 months, of which already a
full year. We are determined to relaunch Wijet on its new model. Other agreements are being
negotiated and we will get back to you soon.
We would like to thank our Senior Advisor, Bruno Matheu, whose authority is undeniable, and the
French advisors who have been working with us for several weeks.
We thank you for your patience and support!
Jean Francois Hochenauer
Member of the Executive Board, Wijet SA

Summed up, dont trust Wijet in any form, they will be back and no doubt continue in there unethical ways. There new business model... Sell jet cards, using airplanes they dont own with a partner company flying them... Guess who will and wont be getting paid...

Falconer777
3rd Jul 2018, 10:56
Wijet might want to update their website..
Link to UK AOC still on there.....

​​​​​

OlegTrottsky
3rd Jul 2018, 11:34
The website is a joke and has been since it's launch. The comment that sales and marketing is their strength is laughable (unless fluent BS falls in to that category). The mentioned adviser's authority is definitely deniable and as for the name that signs off the email, he's been largely silent for 18 months so given his job title, COO, that would point at least one finger at him as a reason for failure. Unfortunately the ego's of the executive board will never allow them to admit their own part in this, especially while their own wallets feel pretty heavy,

MarcoT
3rd Jul 2018, 16:57
There has been so many lies and deceit from the Wijet management team. They claim in their release that Blink Ltd never reached profitability. Companies House shows in 2014 a £64k profit.

The whole Blink approach revolved around managing expectations. This was a VLJ. No cabin attendant, no VIP catering, and the only way to operate profitably at a price point that was competitive was to fly multiple clients on multiple trips on the same day.

Wijet preferred the “Yes” approach. A few (real) examples:
1. Customer: I want fancy hot catering.
Wijet: Of course, complimentary. Oh wait, we don’t have a microwave or hot box.

2: C: I want only French crew.
W: OK, we will fly a new aircraft and crew in for you, no extra charge

3: C: I had a slot delay on my flight, I’m not happy (probably due to French ATC strike)
W: Here, have a full refund and a discount off your next flight.

From the moment Wijet took control, French customers were prioritised over all other clients at considerable expense. The sales team had no idea what they were doing and were paid a bonus for every flight regardless on whether it made money.

Revenue was taken by the French Business, and never transferred to the UK company, where all the costs were. At the same time, Ops were forced to switch to Openjet (another company owned by SGH capital) and were the UK company was charged for using it, despite it not working. Ops ended up duplicating in both systems.

The founder of Wijet took massive commissions on every round of fundraising he brought. He forcibly took control by issuing a “loan” to the business in 2017 with a clause it must be repaid on demand or he got 50% of the shares. Not surprisingly he recalled the loan a week after it was issued and some suppliers had been paid.

pax britanica
3rd Jul 2018, 17:47
Living near Blackbushe i regularly saw the Blink Mustangs in and out and it looked like they were getting busy enough to survive. Very sorry for all the UK based staff but its got nothing to do with brexit , the Uk opted out of EU employment legislation that would have prevented this , so the fact they lose out is due to anti not pro EU people. It is that sort of often deliberate mis information about the Eu that conned many into voting leave

Romaro
4th Jul 2018, 11:01
Looks like Azoulay owns directly F-GRET and F-HBIR, wherever they are. The rest of the fleet seems to be in the UK right now except G-FBKH which must have been nicked by a disgruntled pilot or in hiding...likewise G-FFFC and G-FBKG missing.

OlegTrottsky
4th Jul 2018, 14:04
G-FFFC was only managed. F-HIBR left in October last year. F-GRET never flew commercially under the Blink AOC and is unlikely to be able to be flown anywhere from it's Oxford home..... G-FBKG is in Oxford I believe, and has been since March.

SWBKCB
4th Jul 2018, 16:20
Wijet shuts down UK operation and plots expansion in mainland Europe (https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/wijet-shuts-down-uk-operation-and-plots-expansion-in-449942/)

"There was too much uncertainty around operating in Europe with a UK AOC," says Azoulay. "EASA [the European Aviation Safety Agency] recently noted that the UK may be not be accepted as a member if it were to implement Brexit, setting a deadline of March 2019. Given that 90% of our business is in mainland Europe, it's a risk we cannot afford to take," he says.Wijet is moving its fleet to a new, and as yet undisclosed registry, and has partnered with an established charter company on the continent to operate the aircraft on its behalf. "We’re no longer interested in having our own AOC as it gives us no competitive advantage," says Azoulay.

The company is now adopting what calls a "modular approach" to business, where it will "buy in" services, such as maintenance and operations. "With competition in the charter market increasing, we have to adjust, and stick with what we are good add – sales, marketing and customer service," says Azoulay

MarcoT
4th Jul 2018, 16:41
Rumour is IXAIR are taking the HondaJet aircraft.

I heard they went bankrupt a few years back too.

Brizeguy
4th Jul 2018, 22:11
BKG at GAMA Oxford has been waiting for a Part Cessna couldn’t supply.
BKH crew refused to fly it to Oxford due to the difficult situation regarding wages and impending administration.
GRET is a “Christmas Tree”! Will need lots of money to get it flying again, not cost effective to return to service.
I heard San Marino registry for Hondajet. French pilots will be sat at home with nothing to do for months before it folds IMHO

OlegTrottsky
5th Jul 2018, 08:40
More ignoring the truth received this morning:

"HELLO EUROPE !

With Brexit coming, Wijet is coming back to its roots.

Chers Clients,

Beaucoup d'entre vous nous ont choisi depuis 2010 pour la qualité du service Wijet. Nous vous remercions pour votre confiance dans le ciel !

Nous annonçons aujourd'hui le recentrage de Wijet sur son savoir faire français en rapatriant nos opérations et notre flotte depuis le Royaume-Uni vers l'Europe continentale. Brexit oblige, car dès mars 2019, les opérateurs britanniques pourraient ne pas pouvoir opérer au sein de l'Union Européenne.

Notre ADN est français et global à la fois, dans la tradition et l'innovation. Nous avons ainsi lancé le renouvellement de notre flotte complète avec le Honda Jet H420, un avion ultra moderne qui nous permet d'élever encore notre niveau de service.

Nous avons toujours privilégié la sécurité au service de votre liberté de voyage, dans les meilleures conditions. Nos accords avec Air France La Première et American Express révèlent notre volonté de toujours tendre vers l'excellence. Plus récemment, Wijet a été partenaire de l'opération France 98 aux côtés des footballeurs français Champions du Monde !

Au cours de notre transition vers le Honda et notre nouvelle base en Europe continentale, nous continuons à servir tous nos clients, partout. Nous sommes aussi impatients de vous faire prochainement découvrir notre nouvelle flotte et nos nouveaux partenaires.

Notre service commercial est toujours là, pour vous, afin de vous servir en toutes circonstances.

Merci encore pour votre fidélité !

A très bientôt !

Dear Clients,

We are announcing today the rebalancing of our entire flight operations from the UK to Continental Europe. Wijet is coming back to its roots ;)

Brexit has made it too complicated for us to keep investing in the United Kingdom and be able to support operations in Continental Europe. In March 2019, the lack of a clear agreement between the UK and the EU Commission will make flying in the European Union more complicated for British operators.

Our DNA is French, combining a taste for tradition and innovation. For a fact, we are renewing our entire fleet with the HondaJet H420, an ultra modern aircraft with amazing technical performance that will allow Wijet to deliver the highest level of service in its category.

We always stay at the forefront of innovation: we were first to introduce a partnership with American Express to convert miles into flight hours, in 2014, we struck an exclusive alliance with Air France to carry First class passengers to and from Charles de Gaule. Most recently, Wijet was featured as a sponsor of France 98, the celebration of the French football team (check us out on instagram !).

As we transition to Honda and our new bases in Continental Europe, we continue to serve all our customers everywhere, everyday. We are also looking forward to sharing our new fleet experience with you.

We would like to thank you for your ongoing loyalty since our launch in 2010."

vikingarmike
6th Jul 2018, 15:21
It has been sad to learn of Wijet’s demise in the UK. It, of course, follows the collapse of a number of jet charter services in North America and Europe over the past few years, and such developments always risk eroding the credibility of the wider private aviation space. From Victor’s own standpoint, UK and European business in the lighter aircraft segment remains strong. This year we plan to place over 500 charters in the Mustang-size market. More generally, we saw 95% year-on-year revenue growth for Q1. Unfortunately, owing to a sustained drop in service levels and performance, we haven’t placed any bookings with Wijet this year

OlegTrottsky
6th Jul 2018, 20:29
Where was that published? The comment doesn't surprise me. The same could be said for the other big brokers. All were sending business elsewhere. Wijet were never good at the Maths. Obsessed with direct clients but didn't understand the market well enough. It is a very niche clientele that only need a VLJ, and fly often enough to fill a schedule. Brokers are the bread and butter. The direct clients are the Jam.

AviatorInEurope
7th Jul 2018, 20:25
Deloitte was generating an interesting document, including forecast till 2019, find attached

AviatorInEurope
7th Jul 2018, 20:31
Alexandre Azoulay´s company Cynergy was frequently invoicing OpenJet for his fund raising activities for WiJet. OpenJet was receiving all income from charter booking and supposedly paying WiJet, find a few attached

AviatorInEurope
7th Jul 2018, 20:44
more invoices issued by companies of Alexandre Azoulay to the companies around WiJet

AviatorInEurope
7th Jul 2018, 20:50
till recently Mr Alexandre Azoulay continues to build a Ponzi scheme, together with his companion Mr Hochenauer

Currently Mr Azoulay pushes heavily his latest Ponzi Scheme with an ICO called Fluid.Capital

MarcoT
8th Jul 2018, 06:37
What is amazing is the Deloitte report focuses so heavily on what they should charge per hour to their customers. They were so blinded to the fixed price per hour!

what they never realised is that with a fixed price per hour, customers will use them when they are the cheapest (normally on short flights) and won’t use them on longer flights, where other operators will recognise the cost of flying comes down. All of the cost is in the climb, the descent, and the landing fees. The cruise is the most cost efficient part of the flight.

One broker even told me, he bought a Wijet JetCard with Guaranteed Availability. Then, whenever the market was busy, and he couldn’t find a cheap aircraft, he’d book the trip on Wijet. He knew they were idiots, and took advantage. They must have lost a fortune on him.

CL300
8th Jul 2018, 07:58
The interesting part is the "camouflage" of debts from Blink. How on this planet, so called CEO's (would they be founders or not) could not have seen this coming ? Ho, they were so busy filling their own pockets with cash ( both sides of the channel).
These "papers" coming from AviatorInEurope, ( or should we agree on Corentin ?) are flowing out at an interesting time, Revenge Time that is.
All management from Wijet/Blink are responsible because they were irresponsible. Merging a one-eyed and a half-deaf doesn't build a winning racing horse but more a retired donkey. And this is what happened. They were not the only idiots falling in the trap, the Austrian operator is facing the same issues ( although he is using a better camouflage kit); that will surface one day or another.

Bottom line; the Mustang, and other VLJ ( Eclipse, Phenom 100) CANNOT make money as a stand alone, all fleet concept, they just cannot, period. And I wonder what kind of Ponzi/Fiscal/Fraud they are creating to convince investors in this doomed venture.

Brizeguy
8th Jul 2018, 08:10
I’m stunned the other investors let SGH Capital get away with it, from what I’m told they invested €1M at the beginning of the takeover and with a clause that it had to be repaid within 90 days, if not SGH takes a 51% share of the company and effectively halved all the others share. As they were running the company they simply ensured repayment was after the 90 days, 51% stake and cost zero! The stakeholders are some very wealthy people so why let them do it, surely not legal? Does anyone have a list of shareholders?

winkwink
10th Jul 2018, 20:25
WijetScum!

I've read some stupid posts on this site over the years but I award you the prize for narrow mindedness and stupidity. Congratulations.

Luibar
11th Jul 2018, 18:03
Bottom line; the Mustang, and other VLJ ( Eclipse, Phenom 100) CANNOT make money as a stand alone, all fleet concept, they just cannot, period.

Interesting. What about Globe Air? It seems they are profitable operating single fleet of VLJ.

Brizeguy
11th Jul 2018, 22:40
Wink Wink, let me know when and where for the prize giving, I look forward to meeting you! Brexit is gonna happen, live with it!
As for WiJet scum, they have no aircraft, about 10 pilots and a piss poor sales team busy with sub charters, best of luck with that 😂

CL300
12th Jul 2018, 04:21
Interesting. What about Globe Air? It seems they are profitable operating single fleet of VLJ.

It seems, but no. planes on ground, no money for the "paper" maintenance. GlobeAir does not make any target for months. (Although they will get a bit of extra flights this summer due to Wijet collapse), pilots are flying out as fast as they can. Bogus contract, Bogus operation with fake numbers. The CMM is leaving...
The only thing for GlobeAir is the "charism" of the CeO and the marketing of this ****ty op. I believe they will go bust in 12/18 months.

what next
12th Jul 2018, 10:33
Interesting. What about Globe Air?

I have never heard of Globe Air, but concerning this kind of question, Excel tends to be your friend. The Microsoft variant, not the one from Cessna. Get quotes (or collect internet wisdom) about things like leasing rates, insurances fees, hagarage/parking fees, fuel burn, hourly maintenance cost, engine programs, airway fees, landing/handling fees, catering (wasn't a free bottle of Champagne included in every Wijet flight?) etc. Next make an educated guess about how many pilots your operation requires per aircraft (remember that under European commercial regulations jets must be flown by 2 pilots at any time) to ensure 24/7 operation 365 days per year - or whatever you promise your clients - and think about what each pilot is going to cost you. Don't forget their training and the time spent on training instead of flying. Do the same thing for sales and dispatch and other office staff. Unless you own the office there will be rent to pay as well. Cleaning (also aircraft cleaning!). Don't forget to factor in some money for PR and general promotion (again, I have never heard of Globe Air so obviously they did not spend enough in that field!).
Put all those beautiful figures in your spreadsheet - including everything I have forgotten - allow for some days of downtime for each aircraft every year for whatever reason and the cost of chartering replacement aircraft (I meself have flown several subcharter sectors for Wijet which cost them a multiple of what the passengers paid for those flights!), and watch in amazement what you will have to charge your passengers to be profitable.

EatMyShorts!
12th Jul 2018, 15:25
Seriously, you never heard Globe Air on the radio? Okay, their callsign is "Dreamteam", they seem to be flying a lot, but whoever works there tries to leave ASAP again.

what next
12th Jul 2018, 17:35
Okay, their callsign is "Dreamteam", ....

I have heard the callsigns but I didn't know the company's name. Also I can't remember ever being parked next to one of their planes or meeting one of their pilots at Flight Safety (as opposed to Wijet and Blink for example).

CL300
12th Jul 2018, 19:22
I have heard the callsigns but I didn't know the company's name. Also I can't remember ever being parked next to one of their planes or meeting one of their pilots at Flight Safety (as opposed to Wijet and Blink for example).
They are easily recognized , they are coming in full uniform..

stormin norman
13th Jul 2018, 09:33
If my memory serves me right Blink was started with capital of £30m .
To eat through 3m a year takes some doing but my betting is that with blackbushe market gone the Ogdens will be in the land redevelopment
business before the year is out.

Romaro
16th Jul 2018, 11:59
Problem with Blackbushe in terms of major property development - aviation or non-aviation related, is that it has chunks of common land where every man and his dog (or goats) have a right to roam. The general public have a theoretical legal right to roam on registered Yateley Common unit 'CL24', but this right is in fact severely curtailed over practically all of it. If you look at the official website of access land maps you will find that the east-west runway of Blackbushe Airport, the fenced macadamed part of Blackbushe Sunday Market, and the whole of the common owned by the MOD is theoretically excluded. The only parts of Yateley Common CL24 where the public do have a right to roam under CROW are the whole of the Calthorpe part south of Blackbushe Airport and the whole of the 138 acres north of the runways, and possibly the Sunday Market zone (now no longer in operation) unless it is legally part of the airport runways/demise?

Anyway, bottom line is that there are a number oif planning issues and they would have built loads more hangars and other infrastructure etc. years ago were it not for the hassle involved on the planning front.

Wycombe
16th Jul 2018, 20:39
Request for de-registration of Common Land is currently (as of last week) with Planning Inspectorate - having been administratively held-up for months by Hants County Council.

Plans for development once this is approved are available to view at Blackbushe Vision (https://www.blackbusheairport.co.uk/vision/)

Aviation Spirit
18th Jul 2018, 10:53
https://corentindenoeud.com/episode-0-la-chute/

30th Jul 2018, 19:52
Meanwhile, in France,
https://www.tourmag.com/Un-champion-du-monde-98-devient-ambassadeur-de-Wijet_a94431.html
Dans le cadre de ce partenariat avec l'ancien joueur du PSG, la compagnie soutiendra les actions de la "Youri Djorkaeff Foundation". Cette association à but non-lucratif aide les enfants issus de milieux difficiles.
Wijet (http://www.wijet.com/) s'engage à reverser un pourcentage à la fondation sur chaque vol effectué à partir de janvier 2019
(A percentage of each flight will be donated to the "Youri Djorkaeff Foundation")
As they don't fly anymore, it won't cost them much...

Wijetactionaire
12th Aug 2018, 08:17
Another bad act by Wijet to its investors. The founder claimed he was restructuring and then quietly filed bankruptcy protection in France. Well done SGH Capital. 25m euro of investor capital lost

OlegTrottsky
23rd Aug 2018, 11:37
Interesting article on privatejetcardcomparisons.com (can't post links yet)

Just a broker now, that isn't taking bookings :rolleyes:

".......the remainder of the French’ subsidiaries debts (which are minimal compared to the UK’s)." Of course they're minimal in comparison. All of the airlines costs were buried in the UK while the UK's ability to generate revenue was removed long before the demise.

"UK restructuring has been completed efficiently." That's one way of putting it I guess. Another way would be that it finally ceased trading while insolvent and leaving behind a mountain of debt.

"Nothing to hide. Still, some media have understood what is going on and are waiting for our announcements. We should rather talk about our future plans instead which we plan to announce with selected media in the coming weeks." Did Trump write this???

24th Aug 2018, 20:09
Here is the link
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.com/?s=wijet
So we are expecting announcements.
What could hype more than the purchase of 16 Honda jets? (http://www.aerobuzz.fr/aviation-affaires/wijet-du-citation-mustang-au-hondajet/)
(Anouncemement dated 31st of May, just one month before going into receivership!)
Maybe they will be the first broker to take reservations for the moon?

Brizeguy
22nd Sep 2018, 18:46
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/binfield-group-enter-business-jet-consolidation-patrick-hersent/

😳

MarcoT
25th Sep 2018, 09:47
Reported it to Linkedin as misinformation! The man is delusional. Also his article is littered with typos. Who invests with someone who doesn't proof read?

Low life
25th Sep 2018, 22:44
I have to say he cut a very lonely figure at Air Charter Expo

Romaro
26th Sep 2018, 06:40
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/binfield-group-enter-business-jet-consolidation-patrick-hersent/

��

Haha...you'd have to be out of your tiny mind to touch this with a bargepole. Aviation is high risk enough and then you get something like this 'we're going to buy some biz jets cos we think we know what we're doing, can you chip in and well give you a T-Shirt?' It's actually quite funny, there are muppets out there who actually fall for stuff like this.

CL300
27th Sep 2018, 05:52
Who I am sad for is Arnaud ( quoted in the linked "article") . None of them understands English, and for one of them does not speak above level 4. It seems again that this idea was drawn in a pub on a Friday around midnight.
If Hersent did not realise what he was commissioned for at Blink he is an idiot, If he knew, nobody shall give him any credits, because he is a darn good liar..

Brizeguy
28th Sep 2018, 12:52
Names removed from article. Blatant fraud?

OlegTrottsky
28th Sep 2018, 14:44
Apparently the current CEO was milling around the Monaco Yacht Show still talking "16 Honda Jets", deliveries maybe in a couple of months.....

EatMyShorts!
28th Sep 2018, 15:46
Names removed from article. Blatant fraud?Have a look in the comment section, one of the named "founders" has complained:

"Patrick. Why have you used my name in this document. I have never met you and you have not made contact with me How dare you use my name and reputation to raise money. If anyone is reading this do not trust this person. I am contacting LinkedIn . Please delete your post today or further action will be taken "

slamdunkthefunk
30th Sep 2018, 20:56
The crowdfunding seems to be going well then Patrick? 19 days left, zero support and zero money raised!

slamdunkthefunk
10th Oct 2018, 05:41
Recruitment has started on the Hondajet as posted on flightdeckfriend and LinkedIn ��

fairflyer
10th Oct 2018, 15:30
Recruitment has started on the Hondajet as posted on flightdeckfriend and LinkedIn ��

Well that's bizzare! A company that doesn't exist with no finance, no people and no aircraft, recruiting pilots for 16 invisable Hondajets

CL300
10th Oct 2018, 15:53
4 crew are rated, 2 on the verge of being, all french wijet France crews. Two captains went for a OPC/recurrent last month. but did not come back with a plane.....darn, they needed an FAA licence ?!?. What the F... Flying group is doing with this dog ?....

Aso
11th Oct 2018, 10:28
I find this the most ehh interesting:
However, there are far too many operators who by lack of finance

Now we are not an operator yet ourselves and we don't have money but please invest in us ehhh me :}

10th Dec 2018, 11:58
Their French website still invites to book a flight.
wijet.fr
And still shows a link to their Air Operator Certificate, which I thought was void.
http://www.wijet.fr/sites/default/files/18.%20Photocopies%20of%20AOC.PDF

CL300
11th Dec 2018, 08:02
They are acting as "brokers".. we do some flight for Wijet.. Not sure if the core french customers are aware to the fact that Wijet has no more AOC..( if it does matter to them..)

Wijetactionaire
28th Dec 2018, 19:42
They are acting as "brokers".. we do some flight for Wijet.. Not sure if the core french customers are aware to the fact that Wijet has no more AOC..( if it does matter to them..) Lawsuits filed by shareholders are withdrawn because of commissions paid out to their representatives. Wijet founder and owner of SGH threatened lawsuit over bonds issued by Middle Eastern Bank.

Wijetactionaire
28th Dec 2018, 19:50
Tried calling over last 4 weeks, the office keeps giving excuses that maybe in next month people can book a flight. The person stated Xavier Del Mol, the largest shareholder recently injected millions to save the company from liquidation. The person stated the operation will continue in 2019 and all French employees will be paid and all lawsuits settled with Swiss Bank and Blink owner totaling millions! Mr. Azoulay has stepped down and handed over his shares to help the company

Brizeguy
29th Dec 2018, 08:51
AA stepped down? Too busy counting his money I guess!

30th Dec 2018, 08:15
"http://flyblink.com" redirects to
"http://www.wijet.com"
At the bottom of the homepage a link called AOC redirects to http://www.wijet.com/sites/default/files/18.%20Photocopies%20of%20AOC.PDF,
which is a copy of the AOC number: GB 2349,
which is not on the list of valid AOC's issued by the CAA.
My conclusion is that they advertise under false pretenses which is probably a criminal offense.

Brizeguy
19th Mar 2019, 19:53
Seems the Hondajets are being delivered and flights can be booked for Thursday onwards. WiJet lives on, legal base is Luxembourg but still same WiJet key players, really looking forward to catching up with them at EBACE. I wonder who will give them fuel and which FBO’s will handle them?

horatio_b
19th Mar 2019, 21:57
Under "Legal Information", Wijet.com website still shows the company name as "Blink Ltd trading as Wijet" with the address given as Blackbushe Airport. I very much doubt you would get much response from Blackbushe these days. Blink Ltd went into Voluntary Liquidation on 5/1/19

OlegTrottsky
20th Mar 2019, 07:40
They did say at the time their strengths were sales and marketing. Not that that was evident during the merger. Surprising they can't even get a decent website up and running and seem to be relying on a bland mailshot and a few LinkedIn posts to "Launch"

Two 2016 aircraft currently on Avinode.

Cambridge172
20th Mar 2019, 09:18
They did say at the time their strengths were sales and marketing. Not that that was evident during the merger. Surprising they can't even get a decent website up and running and seem to be relying on a bland mailshot and a few LinkedIn posts to "Launch"

Two 2016 aircraft currently on Avinode.

Well, if they do have a couple of Hondajets on lease, they'll be fine, so long as you are using 6,000 ft-plus long runways

deing
20th Mar 2019, 11:36
The Hondajets are being operated under Flying Group Luxemburg AOC

Brizeguy
21st Mar 2019, 15:34
Rumour is the first charter will be in FAB this evening! Anyone there owed money by Wijet 🤔

Wijetowner
19th Feb 2020, 17:07
Le fondateur de Wijet, Alexandre Azoulay, est dénoncé pour mauvaise gestion des fonds de l'entreprise au profit de sa propre entreprise par l'investisseur principal Xavier De Marmol dans SGH, qui était un grand investisseur dans Wijet. L'annonce a été dévoilée en février 2020 à l'assemblée générale de SGH Holding par Xavier De Marmol.

18th Sep 2021, 09:23
Tax Disruption!

https://gothamcity.fr/2021/05/25/lentrepreneur-alexandre-azoulay-soupconne-de-disruption-fiscale/

According to that story Alexandre Azoulay, ex Wijet executive director and co-founder, had his Paris offices searched by the Revenue.