PDA

View Full Version : Medical restriction SOLI

Mikjep
23rd Oct 2017, 18:55
A few months back i was in a very unlucky situation where i took a sip from the wrong drink during a night out and it turned out that someone had dissolved amphetamine in said drink. As i discovered something was wrong the morning after i called the hospital and they picked me up and they could tell from test samples that i had indeed been drugged. I scheduled a meeting with my AME and explained the situation to him and he could tell from my medical record that it was indeed unintentional. Even though it was completely unintentional the Aviation Authorities in my country still gave me a restriction on my medical that meant i had to do a drug test every month for the first 6 months, then every 3 months until 2 years had passed. The problem is i have to transfer my medical license to the UK but i have no idea how the CAA will react to this or if they will just keep the same restriction. Has anyone been or know someone who has been in a likewise situation?
Excuse my English as it is not my first language! :ugh:

Radgirl
24th Oct 2017, 02:34
I fail to see how a doctor can tell it was unintentional from your medical notes!

I presume you told the police :cool:. What did they conclude?

Flyin'Dutch'
29th Oct 2017, 17:50
The UK CAA will assess your case on its merits and nobody can predict what they are going to require.

Homsap
30th Oct 2017, 08:57
Radgirl..... When this indivdual went to hospital if it is anything like the UK the doctor would state something like. 'Patient claimed inadvertant ingestion of a drug, smptoms, treatment etc' or in the case of a friend 'Patient fell approximately thirty feet while rock climbing, etc.

These notes are retained by the hospital and sent either by mail or electronically to the GP.

I'm not sure what the UK CAA approach will be, but despite what you say, there is still going to a question mark over you, despite what you say. I understand the UK law courts regonise the hair strand test, which I think gives a record of substance over three months, possibly varies depenging on how long your hair is. You might want to rearch this, and volunteer hair strand test as an alerternative. The CAA probably would not know much hair strand tests.

Finally, I do wonder how blood test works, if it's a monthly routine test, and you take cocaine on the first of the month, would it really show in your blood at the end of the month?

Radgirl
30th Oct 2017, 15:40
That was exactly my point Homsap; the doctor only receives the information given. He does not make a judgement. I think the problem for OP is that a restriction has been applied. Had this occurred in the UK the CAA may not have imposed one, but that is not the same as saying they will remove it.