PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Flight Training: Middle East, Europe, US/Canada or Australia/New Zealand?

mughalb
23rd Oct 2017, 18:23
Hello folks,

This being my first post on this famously classic forum, I've been to PPRuNe forums for quite my life (When searching about aviation and the first forum that pops up is PPRuNe).

This time, I decided to join it and ask a fairly common but specific question to all the aviation folks here.

I am in my final year doing a bachelor's degree and next year (2018), I intend to start my flying training, Hoping to fulfill my life long dream of becoming a professional airline pilot.

Now, I know there is no definite way to get into aviation, Some people go through Military, Others through PPL/IR/CPL/ME/CFI/ATPL route and then there are some who go through MPL or Cadet pilot routes. I am now in this mysterious stage of a aspiring pilot's life where I need to decide between the two (Keeping out the military one), And then further sub-decision between the two.

Being a Pakistani National and having lived in Middle East (Qatar) all my life, I need to make a choice between the following options:

1. Flying training in US/Canada or Australia/New Zealand or Good old Europe?

2. Which school offers the best hour building and training facility while keeping in mind the costs?

3. Which country gives me freedom to get a local pilot charter/ferry or instructor job without me not being a Permanent resident ?

4. Which country has the best airline job opportunities after hour building ?

Also your views about Air Arabia MPL Program, Any other good international cadet program to suggest (apart from Qatar Airways MPL from L3 Academy)?

Please share specific schools with their pros and cons.
Also if possible, do share your aviation career stories, so that I can benefit from them.

Sorry for the long post folks. Got a bit excited there! :rolleyes:

Thanks a ton!

ersa
24th Oct 2017, 09:32
3. Which country gives me freedom to get a local pilot charter/ferry or instructor job without me not being a Permanent resident ?

A : NONE...Unless you have work rights ...forget it