PDA

View Full Version : 80 Years of T.C.A/Air Canada

a330pilotcanada
22nd Oct 2017, 16:17
Good Afternoon All:

Just received this four minute video from a friend which shows pictures and video's of the 80 year history of the Nation's Flag carrier

https://vimeo.com/237832227

oleary
22nd Oct 2017, 18:30
Good Afternoon All:

Just received this four minute video from a friend which shows pictures and video's of the 80 year history of the Nation's Flag carrier

https://vimeo.com/237832227

Great memories, thank you.

twochai
23rd Oct 2017, 01:30
Great story.

Now, which one was the best looking aircraft of all? I'll start with the Vickers Mudguard - certainly my favorite!

GMC1500
23rd Oct 2017, 08:52
Certainly getting government support should remove someone from competing with other companies.

roybert
23rd Oct 2017, 13:37
Great story.

Now, which one was the best looking aircraft of all? I'll start with the Vickers Mudguard - certainly my favorite!
I was surprised that they included the Gimli Glider in the video.

twochai
24th Oct 2017, 01:39
I was surprised that they included the Gimli Glider in the video.

So was I, at first. But, upon reflection it told the story of an event that, although perhaps not something to celebrate, at least demonstrates that lessons were learned, thanks to the skills of the operating crew.

India Four Two
24th Oct 2017, 07:01
This video appears to have been privately produced, so the picture of the Gimli Glider is not surprising.

Jet Jockey A4
24th Oct 2017, 14:04
Certainly getting government support should remove someone from competing with other companies.

Stop with the sour grapes.

If it wasn't for government implication back in the early days of aviation in Canada, there would not be a TCA then or an Air Canada today.

The world as changed and so as Air Canada... They are now a private company and must make profits to survive and anyone working there including the pilots know this because the hiring conditions (pay and benefits) are certainly not what they used to be (back to reality).

neilb767
25th Oct 2017, 00:12
great post