PDA

View Full Version : FAA Part 135 Age Limits ?

bafanguy
21st Oct 2017, 14:00
This issue may be like many things the kakistocracy “…is believed to have considered…”. Time will tell I suppose:

“The House Transportation and Infrastructure (T&I) Committee is believed to have considered a possible amendment to its comprehensive FAA reauthorization bill that would extend the age 65 limits on airline pilots to certain Part 91K/135 operations…”

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2017-10-19/congress-said-mull-age-65-extension-part-91k/135

Spooky 2
22nd Oct 2017, 12:04
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I would imagine that there are a lot of NJ pilots who would like to see the age 65 pilots get out of their way?

340drvr
22nd Oct 2017, 12:56
"As originally discussed, limit would apply to operations with 100,000 flights or more a year......."
What does that have to do with any (perceived) age-related ability issues??
Might not be a bad idea to apply that age limit to Congress as well.

bafanguy
22nd Oct 2017, 13:08
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but I would imagine that there are a lot of NJ pilots who would like to see the age 65 pilots get out of their way?

Spooky,

The bottom of a seniority list is ALWAYS glad to see anything that clears out the top end !

Spooky 2
22nd Oct 2017, 15:06
I think the problem (if you will), is that unlike the airlines NJ has done little hiring over the last four years so you don't see that train pulling out of the station as often. Maybe some NJ pilot could chime in and tell us how many years to the left seat? Under the impression that it's upwards of twelve or more.

For the record I think NJ is an exceptional organization with and excellent reputation, and would be an excellent place to work, minus the long upgrades.

flyboyike
22nd Oct 2017, 22:33
Spooky,

The bottom of a seniority list is ALWAYS glad to see anything that clears out the top end !

While the top keeps screaming "you will pry this here left seat from my cold, dead hands, you ungrateful whippersnappers!"

Or something like that.