PDA

View Full Version : Baymac Loss of Income protection

BritishGuy
21st Oct 2017, 11:35
I currently have Baymac Loss of Income plan. They say they pay you about 80% of your total income while off sick (long term) after 30 days off work (I have the 30 day deductible, though 60/90/180 day plans are available at lower premiums).

I am curious though, has anyone used Baymac to make a claim for Loss of Income and how did it work out? Smooth? Pain in the grass?

Only reason I ask is that my renewal is coming up and some people have mentioned APP and one/two more providers of loss of income....... just wanted to check to see if anyone here has anything good/bad/ugly to say about loss of income providers.

my salami
21st Oct 2017, 11:51
I have APPN. Proven track of service should the undue happen..
I friend of mine had his medical suspended for almost 6 months and was paid as per contract.
Being a no profit organization, they also give you back
( trough policy discount) any excess money.

BritishGuy
21st Oct 2017, 15:46
Yeah I've heard APPN have come through for a few folks - good to hear. Am tempted to shift my business over to them, but just want to make sure the shift is justified. Hence trying to track down one or two folks who have a policy via Baymac who have been paid without hassle when needed.

tormentodel8
15th Jul 2020, 17:29
For those pilots who have contracted this plan, please read carefully (dont waiste your money)., what the guy form Baymac in Dubai answered to me:Thank you for your response & we hope this email finds you well.

The disability policy that we offer through Clements Worldwide is a 12 months policy and is not continuous, there is a start & end date. Hence the validity, benefits, conditions & limits all apply each year. Hence, if you are grounded for an illness/injury this year, that is going to be a pre-existing condition in the next policy, as each policy as a 30 months Pre-existing conditions clause.

We hope this provides additional clarity on the subject.

We wish you and your family all the very best.

Best regards,

Gavin Perera

Baymac Member Services

KingFarouk
18th Jul 2020, 13:12
Aircrew Protection International ( API) ( formerly LIPS) are now selling their wares under Airline Pilots International. (API )arranged through BAYMAC.
Has anyone tried to call Airline Pilots International recently..... numbers offline.

Sue Ridgepipe
19th Jul 2020, 09:29
I made a claim a couple of years ago through the Baymac policy. I had 90 days deductible, and I was advised not to wait until the 90 days were up to make the claim, but to start the paperwork ASAP (I knew I was going to be off for at least 6 months). This turned out to be the best advice I received, as it was more than 4 months and a mountain of paperwork before I actually received any money. They did pay up in the end, but be careful of what tormentodel8 posted above, I've heard of people being caught out by this.

AirlinePilotsInt
21st Jul 2020, 02:04
Hi King Farouk,

Du inadvertently cancelled our SIM card. You can still send a whatsapp or make a whatsapp call.

KingFarouk
21st Jul 2020, 15:46
I would advise you obtain written confirmation just where the “underwritten by LLOYDS OF. LONDON ‘ claim on the policy document fits in:.perhaps you would do well to contact Lloyd’s Insurance London and verify whether they are involved and whether they would assist you in any claim
Should any dispute arise in the case of your claim being challenged /denied /delayed the master policy on the Airline Pilots International Website states any such dispute would fall under British Virgin Island Jurisdiction. A challenge to any recently unemployed pilot should a case through the court system in the BVI be required.

Any pilot considering whether to renew their policy would first need a written confirmation whether their cover would continue uninterrupted should they be made redundant .

KingFarouk
21st Jul 2020, 17:34
Yeah I've heard APPN have come through for a few folks - good to hear. Am tempted to shift my business over to them, but just want to make sure the shift is justified. Hence trying to track down one or two folks who have a policy via Baymac who have been paid without hassle when needed.

Just heard a expat Captain who put in a claim for surgery and it took her four years of hassle before BAYMAC paid up and settled her bill. Baymac rejected her claim saying she volunteered to have the surgery but actually she had been forced to have an operation due to the condition interfering with the validity of her Class 1.

KingFarouk
26th Jul 2020, 02:39
Hi King Farouk,

Du inadvertently cancelled our SIM card. You can still send a whatsapp or make a whatsapp call.
WhatsApp voice calls are blocked in the UAE. Need a direct line to contact Airline Pilots International.

You need to inform pilots currently being billed under the Airline Pilots International BAYMAC arranged Scheme ( many being former Aircrew Protection International members ), that if they have been made redundant they are NOT insured, and they WILL HAVE THEIR POLICY CANCELLED.

You need to inform pilots paying for cover under the Airline Pilots International BAYMAC arranged scheme that if they lose their Professional License whilst they are employed on a reduced salary, then any benefit if paid, will be a reduced amount based on their reduced salary averaged over the last three months before the clam was submitted.

Armed with this latest information any pilot currently paying the monthly fee can make an informed decision as to whether they should cancel their direct debit to Airline Pilots International. COST: $86 per month $ 1032,annually ($169 for airline pilots aged 60 + $2028 annually) ​Your credit / debit card is being charged by Clements Worldwide USA and automatically charged monthly from the date of the first payment. Dear Members,
As part of our ongoing effort to support and assist our pilots through these challenging times, we have been in dialogue with our Partners to obtain updates on issues related to pilots who have suffered from pay-cuts, leave of absence, redundancy, and furloughs.

Attached is guidance from Clements Worldwide on the impact of the above work status on your Loss of Income Cover as provided by the underwriters at Lloyds of London. Please read through them carefully as in some instances there may be little or no income to protect and therefore little or no benefit to be paid in the event of an illness or injury that prevents you from flying. In such cases, unless you anticipate returning to work or to full salary shortly, you may want to consider changing your benefit (if you are still employed) or cancelling your policy if you are not working. Please be guided by the information provided below by the underwriters and feel free to contact us or Clements Worldwide directly to discuss your options.

Click here to access the attachment:

We understand the underwriters will be providing us with additional guidelines as it relates to pilots who have contracted the COVID-19 and are once again fit to fly but have had their flying duties interrupted by their company or regulatory authority. As soon as we are in receipt of these guidelines we will be sending them out to you.

Baymac – Loss of Income Program
COVID-19 Guidance
Issued on July 22nd 2020
Applicable on Individual Loss of Income benefits – Temporary Total Disability and Permanent
Total Disability Benefits
We have provided guidance on how the policy will respond in the unfortunate event of reduced or unpaid leave as well as terminations.
Loss of Income policies provide coverage in the event of a disability due to accident and sickness leading to loss of income which is income received in your occupation as a pilot.
Please refer to your Loss of Income policy for full terms and conditions.
1. Unemployed pilots
a. If someone is unemployed given the current situation, then the policy does not trigger as there is no employment benefit to pay. It’s a loss of income policy and if you don’t have income you will not be able to continue the policy as one of the core requirement is to be Actively at work and to have an income earned from your occupation as a pilot.
b. If you have been made redundant or terminated, you should advise us by emailing us at [email protected] to have your policy terminated. terminated. If you are based in UAE and part of our UAE Loss of Income Program, please contact us at [email protected].
c. On reinstatement of flying duties with your current or new air operator you may apply to have a new policy issued.
d. If you are interested in our personal accident cover please contact us to discuss this as an alternative if cover is required during your period of unemployment using [email protected] or call
2. Employed but with reduced income
a. If you are still employed but have taken a pay cut, then you can continue to be covered as you are still employed. The (reduced) income would remain protected and will form the basis of calculation of your pre-disability income.
b. If you keep the same benefit and premiums but have a reduced salary, the claim will be payable based on average 3 months salary preceding the loss date. If the reduced salary is what applies for the 3 months average, then that’s what your benefit will be based on subject to other terms and conditions.
c. We can allow mid-term adjustment of benefits on pro-rata basis due to the reduced income. You may contact us if you would like to reduce your benefit amount in keeping with your reduced income.
July 22, 2020

3. Employed but on unpaid leave
a. If you are still employed but have taken unpaid leave, cancellation of the policy with pro- rata refund is allowed. As in this case there is no income to protect, no benefits will accrue in the event of an illness or injury. If you are interested in our personal accident cover please contact us to discuss this as an alternative if cover is required at [email protected] or call
b. If you have your renewal coming up, then no renewal will be offered if you are on unpaid leave.
c. New policy to be issued in the event you reapply for cover at a future date.
4. Definition of Actively at Work
a. means mentally and physically capable of carrying out their normal regular duties associated with the job for which he is employed at the usual place of occupation for the usual hours of work in the occupation declared (or provided) in the policy.
5. Definition of Pre-Disability Earnings
a. means the average monthly income any additional allowances and benefits and any other income usually received during normal work activities in the occupation of the Insured Person, during the last 3 months immediately preceding the start of Total Disability

END

Can anyone explain why API declared assets of 20,524,993 AED (5,592,641,00 USD) in this excerpt from their last published financial report in 2016 (48 months ago)
By mid 2018 the very same API was declaring near insolvency?