PDA

View Full Version : Wanted CRP-5

AirScream
20th Jan 2001, 01:28
Anyone finished with their CRP-5? Good cash waiting.

What are the differences over the CRP-1 then?

NIMBUS
20th Jan 2001, 03:02
Is that the same as an E6-B....?

QNH1013
20th Jan 2001, 06:36
Yup, I have a CRP 5 and hardly used too, mail me ASAP at;

[email protected]

The man formerly known as
20th Jan 2001, 19:52
I know the differences and it really annoyed me when I found out.

I can't remember which one is which but lets call them the big one and the little one.

The big one is bigger, more expensive and it has a Mach calculation window in it, thats it. It allows you to clacualte Mach numbers given certain conditions.

When I did the CPL exams I did not use this feature and if you know the sum you can work the figure out anyway (38ish * sqrt absolute temp). So having it did me no good.

That said the big one is nicer to use and I wish I had just bought this one. That said I can't remeber the last time I put a wind vector on my VFR plan. It makes very little difference unlessit is blowing a hooley in which case you probably don't go anyway.

A little triv. Do you know what CRP means - Computer Robert Pooley, after the guy who writes Pooleys guide

Luke SkyToddler
21st Jan 2001, 10:02
There's some slightly different calibration on the CRP5 isn't there? Something to do with compressibility ... anyway I remember when I was doing the ATPL flight planning I was trying to use an E6B and kept coming up with an answer that was a few knots out. But when I got hold of a CRP5 it seemed to solve the problem. God knows why one costs more than the other though, they're just little round plastic things, must cost all of about 5 p to make the bastards!!

thecoltster
22nd Jan 2001, 02:27
Hi there,

Anyone else got a Crap5 they've finished with? I need one now and would rather pay another or ex wannabe cash than some flight shop or school, £71.50 is the best I've sen it for, that's rape if you ask me, so if there are any going please do get in touch ASAP.
Regards

THE COLT

AirScream
22nd Jan 2001, 02:59
Hey Colt!

You just hijacked my thread!! :rolleyes:

Off to Squawk 7500 :)

Only joking,

I too refuse to pay the going rate and am hopeful of developments here.

[This message has been edited by AirScream (edited 22 January 2001).]

AYLGR
22nd Jan 2001, 20:48
Got one here, bought for my ATPL's and been in the cupboard ever since. Complete with manual and case. £25 inc P&P UK. Email me at [email protected]

Bob

alvinsmate
22nd Jan 2001, 22:56
I have one for sale, just short of the little green manual.
email me on [email protected]
Open to offers.

HomerSimpson
23rd Jan 2001, 02:08
Open to offers are
2 x CRP-5
2 x ARC-1

If anyone wants to drop me an email with a price I would be more than happy to drop it in the post ASAP.

Regards,

Homer

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts