PDA

View Full Version : Flying Suit Name tags

macfloppy
16th Oct 2017, 15:50
Second time posting this due daft replies . My first training squadron (fleet air arm tho academic - with RAF ) . We obtained embroidered name badges gold on black background with gold edging, to be sewn onto illlour flying suits as countless generations before. Simple q , for my sons first training squadron To he them made. Simple name badges, gold embroidery letters on black, gold edging . About 3 inches by one , saying Joe bloggs Royal Air Force or Joe smith Royal Navy , to be sewn on. Every training squadron gets them done . Just the address please, of the firm.

Mr. Vice
16th Oct 2017, 15:55
The simple and definitive answer is:

Terrane Ltd

terrane.co.uk

Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)1522 697000

I have no links to this company but can confirm they supply most badges to Sqns although there are other companies which offer good competition.

I hope I have not broken any forum rules by posting this, please delete if I have MODs.

Mr. Vice

WASALOADIE
16th Oct 2017, 16:00
Try Terrane Promotions

Terrane Ltd. - Official Supplier to the World's Armed Forces (http://www.terrane.co.uk/)

mail: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)1522 697000
Fax: +44 (0)1522 697154

Address:
Terrane Limited
Whisby Way Ind Est
Lincoln
England
LN6 3LQ

BossEyed
16th Oct 2017, 16:14
What was so daft about the replies in your the first thread (http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/600506-flying-suit-name-tags-insignia.html)? :confused:

You got 3 suppliers recommended, and some advice about what your son might experience. A pretty fine result, I'd have thought.

camelspyyder
16th Oct 2017, 16:27
Speaking as an instructor of some 25 years, the whole class will get standard badges ordered for them at the appropriate time.

I appreciate your sentiment, but Bloggs junior is most unlikely to do anything that marks him out from his peer group such as wearing a custom, or even slightly different, badge. Why not buy a gift later that marks a meaningful success like actually finishing the course?

16th Oct 2017, 17:29
Each course used to create its own badge in the good old days to show some camaraderie and then source their flying suit wings badges in time for graduation.

YellowTom
16th Oct 2017, 18:17
The best thing is for your son to park history and nostalgia until he reaches the front line.

If he does need any bespoke badges then he'll be given the name of some known companies to try.

heights good
17th Oct 2017, 07:17
Dont set your son up for ridicule and unwanted attention, as this is what custom name badges whilst in training will do. In any road he will be ordered to remove them and will not get to wear them beyond the 20 seconds it takes for an instructor to see them.

Have a think about why you are buying these, is it to satisfy your nostalgia? What does your son want?

HG

thunderbird7
17th Oct 2017, 11:44
I know Baz Heath had badges ordered for him and HE certainly never wore any of them.... ;)

Pontius Navigator
17th Oct 2017, 17:44
TB7, yes he did. I saw his flying suit ain Castle Coronet in the museum. I know he didn't pay his mess bill in various places.

Pontius Navigator
17th Oct 2017, 17:47
Mac, reading your post very carefully suggests two courses of action.

One is to buy him a name badge in exactly the same format as yours as a private family gift. The other is to buy his official one, from the same supplier as the rest of his course, is stump up the cash.