PDA

View Full Version : Cargo times?

AF1
17th Jul 2002, 07:42
Hi,

Anyone know of a web source for a timetable for regular cargo flights in Europe operated by either Channex or Air Contractors (ie. DHL/Eurotrans)

Thanks in advance,:D

freightdoggy dog
17th Jul 2002, 19:19
why?

BRISTOLRE
18th Jul 2002, 08:24
I havent seen anything like what you request.

Only thing close to that is the OAG Freight guide, but you need a password and subscription to use on-line. Paper hard copy versions are available for this but dont cover EVERYTHING, say 90% only...

However, DHL publish a timetable/schedule to customers which are available directly on application or from any of thier GSAs.

Ask the operators directly and I'm sure theyll send you one.
If not a timetable they might send you a flying programme which I think are better than any Joe Public timetable....:o

Hogg
18th Jul 2002, 08:57
We have a basic schedule for all our operations that include the A300,B757, B727, L188, DC-8, MD11.

It changes alot depending on DHLs requirements on a particular sector(s). and the season.

Flight numbers, a/c type, routes,times change at very short notice.

What exactly are you looking for, which route?

CaptainCargo
18th Jul 2002, 09:46
As freightdoggydog said, why do you want this information?

AF1
18th Jul 2002, 14:55
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your replys. I would like the times simply because I would like the possibility to travel on some of those flights; some cargo companies allow us atco's "standby" travel on some of your flights. Its hard to make use of this without the actual current flight routes and times though. If anyone could contact me directly my email is [email protected]

Again, thanks for your help.

Hogg
18th Jul 2002, 18:11
Unfortunately since Sept 11th attacks, all jumpseats have been restricted to only crew members positioning for duty, and/or regulatory Iaa/Caa etc observing flights. Its now a strict rule enforced by operators and DHL security.
Hogg

AF1
18th Jul 2002, 18:43
Oh! That's a pity. Is that rule enforced by all operators our just your particular airline/company?

freightdoggy dog
19th Jul 2002, 00:53
As Hogg has posted AF1, post Sept 11 we very rarely see any pax on our cargo flights who do not have a valid reason to travel. That is sad, but a reflection on the mad times we have to operate in. Try the operators' ops departments and you will be given current restrictions. Hope I didn't come across as too intolerant? It just seemed a strange request , p.s dont drink the coffee!

AF1
19th Jul 2002, 12:26
Thanks for the info freightdoggy, I'll talk to the ops and see what I can find out. Why not the coffee?! Can't be any worse than the goop we have to drink in the airport :)

freightdoggy dog
19th Jul 2002, 13:36
You never read my original profile then AF1. Most loadies like to add a little extra to the coffee to see the shock of a crew members face at 3.00am! It was what I use to stir it with that made some sit up and cry!! P.S never trust a cart tart with eye-drops in her handbag. Good luck anyway. :D

AF1
19th Jul 2002, 21:28
Solid advice fdd, thanks for the heads up. Things looking up, might see you on one of those flights in the future; thankfully the world hasn't gone completely mad and there seems to be a chance of a lift :) Cheers.