PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a stupid an only an hypothetical question

Dont worry
12th Oct 2017, 11:18
This is as the title says just a hypothetical question most of us maybe have asked themself already.

Assuming you are a well experienced Captain on a 604 > 7500hrs, no other Type Ratings.

Your plan is to step ahead to something bigger and maybe better.

Types to be considered are G450/550/650, Global 5 and 6000 and for some reason you dont really like the Falcons the 7x.
What would be your position if you could choose an aircraft type and why?

Fact. You will definately not pay any dime for the Rating.

Thank you for your inputs and just to make sure i am not a dreamer.

FlyMD
12th Oct 2017, 13:21
They're all nice airyplanes, but the G450/550/650 is on its way out, and there will definitely be a full new type-rating course to be done to transition to G500/600...

Global pilots have taken in the highest freelance rates/salaries in that segment over the last few years (as compared to GLF and Falcons..), but that is not bound to stay so..

I would personally go for an 8X rating, which includes the 7X, and places you into easier reach of 900 Easy and 2000 Easy ratings... Then again there has just been some pretty bad news for Falcon Jet with a renewed delay to the 5X program...

After 26 years in the business, I have definitely stopped caring about the hardware, and only salary/free-time considerations apply, second only to not working with muppets...