PDA

View Full Version : US Army Fort Rucker.....Center of Excellence!

SASless
11th Oct 2017, 00:52
Does the "Onion" have a military version?

https://www.army.mil/article/194614/

Brig. Gen. Dave Francis, commander, U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, agreed that training proficiency and the "human dimension" of warfare will take on an increasingly important role as Soldiers will be called upon to execute dispersed, semi-independent, cross-domain operations with multiple mission sets.

I think.....maybe....somehow....perhaps....I know what the problem might be!

PEI_3721
11th Oct 2017, 05:38
“You should never express yourself more clearly than you can think”. Niels Bohr

11th Oct 2017, 09:06
So they have just realised that if you teach someone a skill and then don't let them practise it regularly, the skill level will fall off markedly - no sh*t sherlock:{

Wander00
11th Oct 2017, 09:30
PEI 3721 Thanks for that - Niels Bohr one of my heroes

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
11th Oct 2017, 09:56
Does the "Onion" have a military version?
Yep

https://www.duffelblog.com/

11th Oct 2017, 10:47
Perhaps that is where the Donald gets all his military advice;)

SASless
11th Oct 2017, 12:23
I subscribe to Duffle as their Satire is so spot on at times!

The Army is complaining war fighting gets in the way of training....really? Who would have guessed that?

They are worried that "other duties" get in the way of performing their job...like mandatory sensitivity training, suicide prevention classes, dealing with the Transgendered classes, Pre-Weekend Briefings, etc......what an amazing revelation....but no slacking off on all that ancillary bull****.

The Army had Contract Maintenance clear back into the 1960's....how else can big business make yet more money off the military and hire retired military engineers and keep troop strength within Statutory Limits.

teeteringhead
11th Oct 2017, 12:48
One visited Rucker once; was told by our excellent CWO host it was in UCLA.

To me that meant University of California in Los Angeles - I was confused.

"Nope," he drawled, "Ugly Corner of Lower Alabama"

And did I imagine a nearby statue to an insect (boll weevil??) which decimated the traditional cotton crop, thereby leading to cotton's replacement by the (much more lucrative) peanut crop.

Seems surreal but ..................

SASless
11th Oct 2017, 13:29
The British Army and American Army share some common threads......especially when it comes to Aviation.:ouch:

You should have been there when the Base was "Wet" but the surrounding Counties were "Dry".

We had to smuggle Whisky and Beer off base....and the empties back onto the Base for disposal.

Except for Pensacola and Panama City being a short drive away....Fort Rucker was....and is....a miserable place.

ethicalconundrum
13th Oct 2017, 05:20
Ah Muther-Rucker. And escape from Rucker was - Ft Wolters, Mineral Wells TX. That was a step,,,, up?

A good time was had by all.

not

SASless
13th Oct 2017, 15:38
I opted for Hunter AAF/Fort Stewart when leaving Fort Wolters after Primary Flight Training. Savannah sure beat Daleville for a good time!

Little did I know how much time I would spend at Camp Swampy during my time in the Army or National Guard.

Stewart was the penance one paid for the good life at Hunter AAF.....but why did they have to charge Time and a Half rather than just straight rates?:rolleyes: