PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Goodwood

Maninknow
10th Oct 2017, 10:29
Anyone heard why Phoenix have thrown the towel in at Goodwood. I bet Elite are happy.

Helichap
10th Oct 2017, 11:08
I've heard whispers that it's "Money problems"

I assume this would be good news for Elite in a training respect, they are however much bigger in the charter sector and Pheonix are small fry as a comparison.

This is the second company that has tried to move in on Elite's turf which has had to walk away with their tail between their legs, so I say well done Elite... you must be doing something right.

surely not
10th Oct 2017, 13:02
Maybe they have found Lee-on-Solent to be better for them business wise?

Helichap
10th Oct 2017, 13:43
yea perhaps, although if it was that good of a business location why would the previous company willingly move?

Gosport also has one of the highest unemployed rates in the UK, on the plus side though, least they will have no problem finding new staff ;)

From the rumours I don't think this was a strategic move, I think they had no say in the matter.

Best of luck to them, I hope it works out well for them.

Maninknow
10th Oct 2017, 14:04
Oh have they moved to Lee then, I didnt realise that, only heard this morning that they had left Goodwood. Guess they have their reasons ??

Glenn Curtis
10th Oct 2017, 14:09
Well Well. This all came about very suddenly and there is one heck of a lot I could say on this thread but hey why bother, simply enough to say that I am extremely happy to say Goodbye Phoenix.

helipaul
10th Oct 2017, 16:02
Wishing to thank everyone for their comments above but I would also wish to keep mine positive and accurate.
Phoenix has been at Goodwood for nearly eight years and during that time we have had amazing support from Goodwood, its staff and management. However further expandability at Goodwood would be difficult with the size of our premises and limited hanger availability and although Goodwood was our start base we have had to make a very difficult decision based on these criteria alone.
As Lee on Solent Airfield now offers this expandability with offices and hangers we made a logical decision that fits our business expansion plans over the next few years.
Again we would like to take this opportunity to thank Goodwood for all their support.