PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair bases

A320novice
9th Oct 2017, 15:34
[posted on behalf of a friend, who is having trouble accessing pprune]

Hi,

I am looking for some information on Wizzair bases: SKP, CLJ, OTP. How is the roster in these bases, and what is life like in these cities? (I have never been to any of them). I have heard the salary depends on the base too.

Also, if anyone has been in one of these bases, and would be willing to exchange more info via PM, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance!:)

SoundLesS
9th Oct 2017, 19:41
Join one of our upcoming Pilot Open Days!

Are you a pilot looking for new challenges, fast career development and stable working environment? Join one of your next Open Days, learn more information about the career opportunities and employment conditions at Wizz Air and become the next WIZZ pilot!
11 October, Vienna
Venue:roomz Hotel Vienna, Paragonstraße 1, 1110, Vienna
Starting time: 15:00LT
Please apply here (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=746)
13 October, London-Luton
Venue: IBIS London Luton Airport, Spittlesea Rd, Luton LU2 9NZ
Starting time:9:00LT
Please apply here (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=753)

14 October, Manchester
Venue: Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport, Outwood Lane, Manchester M90 4HL
Starting time: 09:00LT
Please apply here (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=756)
17 October, Athens
Venue:AirOtel Alexandros, Timoleontos Vassou 8, Athens 115 21
Starting time: 15:00LT
Please apply here (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=747)
19 October, Barcelona
Venue:NH Hotel Sant Boi, Ctra. Sta. Creu de Calafell, 101 | 08830 Sant Boi de llobregat
Starting time:15:30LT
Please apply here (http://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=WIZZAIR&cws=1&rid=752)
Should you have further questions or have any difficulties with the registration, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We look forward to meeting you personally at one of our events soon!

SoundLesS
9th Oct 2017, 19:44
CLJ is a big base as well as OTP. I would avoid OTP since its a mess there honestly...CLJ seems to be nice, nice town and nice collegues. Dont know about the roster, but normally its 6-4 or 6-1-6-7 or random with 7 days OFF per month.

SKP has 4 aircrafts and is a very nice pearl in the southern europe, cheep and nice food and people, take care of the drivers, it can be crazy once in a while.

SoundLesS
9th Oct 2017, 19:46
Oh and the new is either FIXED 5/4 OR 14/7 for CLJ and OTP. A bit like Easyjet.

dirk85
9th Oct 2017, 21:28
I dont know Bucharest very much, but Skopje is probably one of the ugliest city in europe. Pollution is insane (check the statistics), and just not attractive at all.
Cheap is cheap, but honestly that's one of the last places I would like to live.
Cluj is probably the nicest city of the three, good vibe, full of young people, universities, bars, etc.

RexBanner
10th Oct 2017, 10:18
I second the above post’s comments. Skopje is an absolute dung hole. It’s positively third world in Europe. Even in the days of Yugoslavia, Macedonia was considered the “poor relation” and that speaks volumes of the place. If you’re in Wizz Air for a short time and fancy a bit of fun with the girls you can’t go wrong with Bucharest, wasn’t there for long enough to experience the rest of the city though. Not on your list but Vilnius was my base and, whilst I can’t say I liked it, if you find a nice place to stay in the old town (presuming you can afford that) then it’s actually not too bad for Eastern European standards. The old town is pretty but the further out you get starts turning more and more into a deprived ex communist ghetto.

SoundLesS
10th Oct 2017, 15:55
I guess you havent been there recently, Skopje has been reconstructed and renovated a lot in the last couple of years, the pollution is there but the city, especially downtown is very nice for the standards in the balkan...And among those 3 bases, its probably the base with the most happy crew and atmosphere. OTP might be good for chicks, but if you dont fancy to go to work every day, its a no go...CLJ is very nice for partying, very good clubs. If your into clubbing go to CLUJ.

dirk85
10th Oct 2017, 17:56
I was there recently and I stand by my previous statement, I wouldn't go there even for double wizzair salary.

drfaust
11th Oct 2017, 06:15
There is nothing worse than that Katowice base in the entire network.

Now that was an epicentre of misery.

dirk85
11th Oct 2017, 09:30
Well, now I think everybody will agree that in terms of misery the worst base is not Skopje, Kutaisi or Katowice, but by a long margin Luton :}

Dufo
11th Oct 2017, 15:56
There is nothing worse than that Katowice base in the entire network.

Now that was an epicentre of misery.

Hahaha couldn't agree more! Last year I fled the place after 5 days (not with Wizz though).
Crap what a depressive place..

Josvhkiekenbos
12th Oct 2017, 20:52
Hello,

Does anybody have some good tips regarding renting an apartment or studio in Warsaw?
Which part of town, websites,etc...
I recently have been offered a job as SFO with Wizzair. My base will be Warsaw. Planning to commute.
I am also having difficulties finding the right person/company to advise me on chosing the best contract option(wizzair/confair)
According to Wizzair social security in poland is 23% for the employé , the info I found is that it is only 13%.? ??

Thank you..

bkogdan
13th Dec 2017, 13:23
Hello,
any of you have any idea if you can choose your base at wizzair? For example I would go for the cadet pilot programme, but after I finish I would not like to move to another country for another 5 years or so.
Thanks

seventhreedriver
14th Dec 2017, 17:39
Hello,
any of you have any idea if you can choose your base at wizzair? For example I would go for the cadet pilot programme, but after I finish I would not like to move to another country for another 5 years or so.
Thanks

Then Bkogdan, this might not be your profession...