PDA

View Full Version : Taxi on Carrier Deck

Muddassir
7th Oct 2017, 11:32
While watching few carrier ops youtube movies, I noticed that even for a small turn, full nose wheel deflection is made. Anyone can throw some light?

Pontius Navigator
7th Oct 2017, 17:30
I thought at first it was a Uber cab on a catapult

India Four Two
7th Oct 2017, 17:43
PN, Citroën had already thought of this!

3zzdzZxgbsE

fleigle
7th Oct 2017, 17:57
Muddassir,
Possibly the bad effects of NOT applying full turn;
1) no reverse
2) falling off the side
3) very small spaces
f

Mogwi
7th Oct 2017, 18:08
While watching few carrier ops youtube movies, I noticed that even for a small turn, full nose wheel deflection is made. Anyone can throw some light?

Use what you need in a confined space.

MPN11
7th Oct 2017, 18:27
Well found, I 42 :)

condor17
7th Oct 2017, 18:43
Nice I42 . Didn't Top Gear do something similar a few years back ..without the sub ?
Memory fading , but seem to remember my school's copy of Navy news [ RN ] , had a photo of a London black cab being carried on HMS Eagle . 'Twas the Captain's chariot when showing the flag at foreign ports of call . All back in the '60s .

rgds condor .

air pig
8th Oct 2017, 12:48
British do it with a little more style in a true tradition of losing a friend. Go to the one minute point.

JcyBJWzLcu8

Crromwellman
8th Oct 2017, 15:59
British do it with a little more style in a true tradition of losing a friend. Go to the one minute point.

JcyBJWzLcu8

Seem to remember that this was Honington's Mess piano that had been "acquired" by 809 NAS for their last commission on Ark Royal. The full clip showed the Doc declaring it deceased, followed by the burial at sea. There were some rumours that the film was shown to the Hoinington BOI into the loss of the Mess piano.

orca
16th Oct 2017, 17:28
The main practical point is that you are being positively marshalled (ie you obey - no matter what) and only at full deflection do you and the marshaller know what you’re getting/ going to get. Small corrections are available but will be directed using a hand signal first.

Willard Whyte
17th Oct 2017, 17:16
Nice I42 . Didn't Top Gear do something similar a few years back ..without the sub ?

A nitrous boosted Jag to 'kill off' Black Stig.

VOQPkwE1JZ8