PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines circus

kimono1950
6th Oct 2017, 09:46
It is official, there are no more foreign FOs in VNA.:hmm:

The only ones left are the P2F.:mad:

The next step are the foreign Cpts.:rolleyes:

I heard, by 2020, no more foreigners in VNA, in all fleets .:=

Just for the people thinking joining this flying circus, think about twice !:ugh:

Sunliner81
7th Oct 2017, 08:10
Why do you appear so disappointed? Do you know what the meaning of an expat is? If you think the dream will last forever then you are seriously disillusioned. It's their airline and when they have enough locals you will not be needed. Stop crying and get a job back home in a non-contract airline if you want stability. You call VNA a circus but you seem to want to a ride on the merry-go round.

kimono1950
7th Oct 2017, 16:49
Why do you appear so disappointed? Do you know what the meaning of an expat is? If you think the dream will last forever then you are seriously disillusioned. It's their airline and when they have enough locals you will not be needed. Stop crying and get a job back home in a non-contract airline if you want stability. You call VNA a circus but you seem to want to a ride on the merry-go round.

I am off , already. I do not give a **** about this so called airlines . I am just warning the few idiots who think coming to this circus.:rolleyes:

wingdeagle
8th Oct 2017, 02:26
Sunliner, thumbs up to your post !!! Kimono, what if some people ARE looking for a temporary one or two year gig ? Are you warning them, too ? I would kindly suggest to post informative stuff, which can really be helpful to our fellow pilots. Instead you keep insulting the Vietnamese any way you can (plenty of posts to prove it). You are out ? Good for you and congrats. My only issue with VN was the declining standards which turned into a safety liability. You want to warn ? Standards / safety is a topic. But having the Vietnamese fill their flight deck with locals ? Their airline and their right !

kimono1950
8th Oct 2017, 18:48
I rest my case.:p

ia1166
10th Oct 2017, 10:39
Ok, thanks for the heads up.

I will resign tomorrow, as i am not in control of my life and as a senior airline pilot, i cannot assess the situation, make a considered risk assesment and decide on an appropriate course of action.

I should take your advice, a random person on the internet, resign without any consideration for my family and future, and just leave.

EagleA25
20th Oct 2017, 15:14
Ok, thanks for the heads up.

I will resign tomorrow, as i am not in control of my life and as a senior airline pilot, i cannot assess the situation, make a considered risk assesment and decide on an appropriate course of action.

I should take your advice, a random person on the internet, resign without any consideration for my family and future, and just leave.

Haven't you already...?
I kinda agree with Kimono; lately there are a few factors contributing to the sense of instability in VNA... and disturbing ones aswell...

BAe 146-100
21st Oct 2017, 09:27
There is foreigner pilots in almost every asian country and that will not stop, even in countries which take much greater measures then Vietnam to protect their locals (Malaysia, Indonesia) still have quite a lot of foreigners working there, so while this may be the goal of VNA by 2020, in practice it won't happen.

Jimmy The Big Greek
22nd Oct 2017, 08:53
I am one off the F.O that got laid off from the A321 fleet.

I worked 2 years at VNA and I had the best time of my life.
I never had any issues with the Vietnamese. As long as you stayed clear of trouble (No level 3 or problems with rostering). I was always respected by the management. Just doing my job and enjoying my luxury life I had.

I understand that the vietnamese wants to get rid of the expats. The expats are rude, arrogant and always complaining. Never grateful for what they where given.

I was getting 8000$ salary and living the dream. Now I am a captain in a bull**** eastern european country making half of the salary I made as F.O in VNA and being treated like garbage by the management.

I miss Vietnam :{

iggy
22nd Oct 2017, 17:12
Come back to VJ, Jimmy...

Jimmy The Big Greek
22nd Oct 2017, 18:35
Iggy, I don't have yet the PIC hours, but yes, thats my plan.

Swanrider
6th May 2018, 06:00
I see they're now after alot of crew, to meet their 2020 plans of 170 aircraft.
Is it the same management that booted out the expats at short notice last year or has it had a turn around?

EagleA25
6th May 2018, 13:27
I see they're now after alot of crew, to meet their 2020 plans of 170 aircraft.
Is it the same management that booted out the expats at short notice last year or has it had a turn around?
What do you mean by “after a lot of crews”?

Chocks Away
7th May 2018, 04:23
He means recruiting... VN are advertising far & wide to attract new crew.
I think many would be "gun-shy" of VNA, considering the treatment of the B777 crews last year, which is discussed at length here in a few other threads.

Happy Landings:ok: