PDA

View Full Version : Brussels Airlines T&C

Charliec
3rd Oct 2017, 16:51
Hello everybody,

It looks like Brussels Airlines starts recruiting A320 F/O for 2018.

Would anybody from the company have solid and recent information about the T&C overthere ? Type of contract ? Salary (before and after tax) ? Roster ? Benefit ? Staff Travel ?

It would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

A320Operator
3rd Oct 2017, 18:22
Hi,

They usually start with a contract of limited duration (6 months up to 2 years). To get a permanent contract you have to speak at least 2 of the national languages (FR+NL usually or DE) + English of course.

Starting salary is about 4400€ before tax (approx 2300€ after tax as the taxes are very high in Belgium) under a Belgian contract. You get approx. 9€/block hour and 75€/nightstop. All-inclusive you can expect around 3000€-3500€ after tax/month. Bonded for 2 years if not rated on A320.

Roster is usually 7/3 or 5/2, you can get more off days during the winter season. Unfortunately the rostering system is terrible (start your week with an early flight, then get some late flights and finish with an early is common there). Crews are nice (with some exceptions as in every company) and training is excellent. Hotels are also nice and you can expect some long nightstops (up to 3 nights during the week end which is very nice if you want to visit cities in Europe). Time to command is a big question mark...some guys are sitting for +12 years in the right hand seat waiting for upgrade.
90% of the longhaul destinations are in Africa, some people really like others don't.

You can expect staff travel after 6 months in the company.

A lot of people (including me) left in the last few months. Some captains even left Brussels Airlines to start again as First Officer in other airlines due to poor terms and conditions and a very uncertain future (integration into Eurowings).

So I think it a good company to start a career

Good luck with the assessment !

Charliec
4th Oct 2017, 12:37
Thanks a lot for your answer

suncruiser650
4th Oct 2017, 19:31
Thanks a lot!

Does this mean, if you have a 5/2 roster, you might never have a 'normal' weekend? I understand that a normal weekend is not common in aviation. But never a weekend seems a little odd to me.

Appreciate your reply:).

wonderbusdriver
30th Dec 2017, 11:07
What is the current top pay for CPs A330/A340?

A320Operator
12th Jan 2018, 15:04
Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.

5/2 or 7/3 are common but there's a soft rule in the company about week-ends...so everybody gets at least 16 complete week-ends (friday evening to monday morning) at home.

Top pay for A330 is about 5500€ after tax + 1000/1500€ (non taxable) of per-diems.
About the same salary for the A340 operations out of DUS but with only 4% pension contribution and german tax system. Of what I have heard they (DUS A340 pilots) earn about 500€ less per month if you look at the entire package.

Hope it helps.

IMHO, there are better opportunities to grab out there.
And not so far from BRU / DUS...especially if you are an experienced pilot but SN is and remains a very company to start with, especially if you want to be based in Belgium.

latecoere240
26th Feb 2018, 17:01
Hi Guys,

some of you were on contract via an agency (like Ressource group) for Brussels airlines. I got an offer as follow for a 6 month contract on A320 :

Basic salary 5050 euros before social contribution and taxes.
Overtime 1/80th of basic salary .... but they don't notify from which figures you are in overtime..
i didn't see any per diem / no €€€ per block/hour
Accommodation included

What do you think about this offer ? is it pretty low about terms and conditions?

Thanks for the advice.

A320Operator
26th Feb 2018, 22:08
Hi Latecoere,

Being a contractor at Brussels Airlines is not funny...Starting with the conditions / salary package : you could earn way more at Easyjet or Vueling. Furthermore, don't expect any respect from the cabin crew / the belgian pilots as you will be seen as "stealing" their job, nor will they speak english with you (not a problem if you speak french / flemish or both). Even your company badge will have a "green band" on it stating that you are a contractor.

Only go there if you can't find anything else...but FYI a lot of (if not all) the non belgian contractors left during the last few months...and don,'t expect a contract in the winter (company agreement between management and unions).

Hope it helps

latecoere240
1st Mar 2018, 07:05
Thanks, for the info... it seems to be an appalling atmosphere... Well, if we got a stamp on our head with no respect, no thanks... there are other opportunities around and will stay away from their mess.

Icelanta
1st Mar 2018, 07:48
Contractors are thrown out in October and might get a call back in February...
Even Belgian Contractors.

riegercar
16th Oct 2018, 13:53
I've a friend working for BrusselsAirlines FO320.

Actual conditions are : Roster 6/3 or 5/3, salary as mentioned above, 42Days off a year, plenty of destinations and night stops, good cockpit environment, TR320 is fully paid by the company.

The weaknesses are the rostering making your social life very difficult, barely 1 weekend off a month and no way to get something your asked. Starting your week with a very early flight and finishing with a very late landing. They really don't care about your biorhythm you can get early than late than early again. It's better to speak Dutch if you want to be integrated in the team on outstation.

Luibar
29th Apr 2019, 11:54
It seems they are offering 18 months contracts with improved conditions for both Captain and FO. Any update regarding this new conditions?

GreenBook
1st May 2019, 10:04
Conditions are still similar to what is said above, though contractors are not hated that much I think.

Smooth Airperator
1st May 2019, 10:48
I was offered a contractor FO role back in 2015 with a take home approaching €4k. What happened in that time???

GreenBook
2nd May 2019, 07:12
I was offered a contractor FO role back in 2015 with a take home approaching €4k. What happened in that time???

Not very much happened

KoningR
27th Aug 2022, 18:42
Brussels started recruiting FOs again, but nothing is mention in the application about type of contract, if you have to fund the TR yourself, payscale, or anything else. Does somebody know more?

riegercar
28th Aug 2022, 02:16
Brussels started recruiting FOs again, but nothing is mention in the application about type of contract, if you have to fund the TR yourself, payscale, or anything else. Does somebody know more?

Type rating is paid by the company with a training bound of 3y. They used to give a unlimited contract, either full time or seasonal 100% summer 60% winter

SkyHawk6E
30th Aug 2022, 13:57
anyone applied for Brussels Airlines lately?
cadet NTR here

OseJose
6th Sep 2022, 07:24
Hey Guys ! Does anyone have some info about the interviews with brussels ? And if they ask the DLR this year ?

AndrewLincoln
9th Nov 2022, 13:59
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a better status than "Received" on https://candidate.cvwarehouse.com/ for their BA application? :confused: