PDA

View Full Version : Airlines going bust.

Old Pilot
2nd Oct 2017, 10:37
With the incredibly sad demise of Monarch, after so many years, I'm looking to do a piece about the personal stories of people who have suffered having an airline go bust underneath them. It will be a short collection of stories, told on the Airline Pilot Guy podcast, a no profit, free to all show.

Funny, sad, memorable, poignant, I would be very grateful if any of you would share your experiences with me, particularly from back in less recent times. If you were stuck overseas with bulldozers parked around your aircraft, how did you get home? Did you ever get your last pay packet? Was your outfit genuinely beaten by a competitor or did something underhand happen? What was it like trying to fight your way back into employment?

I'm not trying to make a buck out of an airline's demise but, told the right way, there may be some heart lifting tales to come out of other bankruptcies.

Many thanks,

Capt Nick
Co Host Airline Pilot Guy podcast

Harry Wayfarers
2nd Oct 2017, 11:03
It will be a short collection of stories, told on the Airline Pilot Guy podcast

Well that is simply an ignorance that an airline folding only affects pilots, pilots actually make up a minority percentage of an average airline workforce thus suggest you may go back to the drawing board to return with a less humiliating post!

HZ123
3rd Oct 2017, 07:37
Good comment 'Harry' like many I have been reading the various posts associated with Monarch. There are a number of threads indicating airlines that are recruiting and open to approaches from former Monarch crews, mainly Tech crew! It sadly seems to come across that unless you are from that community those staff behind the scenes seem not to matter!

Lookleft
3rd Oct 2017, 07:51
Those behind the scenes do matter but I don't think that asking for pilot recollections on a pilot BB is an unreasonable request.

Rosevidney1
3rd Oct 2017, 18:57
A perfectly reasonable request on PPRune, I agree. :ok:

megan
4th Oct 2017, 13:47
you may go back to the drawing board to return with a less humiliating postAn Airline Pilot Guy podcast, what might airline pilots be interested in? How the CEO fared following bankrupcy? Or the cleaners? Any other airline employees subject to the vagaries of seniority, currency, type rating? Please let us know Harry what question the OP should have asked.

Thumbs up Old Pilot.