PDA

View Full Version : A Letter to Lufthansa??

liquidhockey
16th Jul 2002, 20:26
Hi
I am going to write to a person at Lufthansa whos name i have been given. The reason i am writing to this person is to request a ride in the jumpseat on a Lufthansa flight to help me gain more knowledge of what pilots do during a flight. I want to post a copy of the letter on here and would like someone to have a read and tell me if you think it is all in order or if there is somthing which i should add.
I need to hear from someone ASAP if possible because i am handing the letter to him tommorrow morning.

Here it is and thanks in advance
Dave

Dear Mr -----

My name is -------- ---------and I work for Globeground at Manchester Airport as a Baggage Handler.

I am writing to you to request permission to join one of your flight deck crews for a flight from Manchester to any destination, which you see fit and then returning to Manchester at some point the same day/night.

The reason for my request is that in the future I hope to become an airline pilot myself and will be starting my PPL (Private Pilots License) in a couple of months towards achieving this goal. A flight in the jump-seat would enable me to view first hand the operations of an aircraft before, during and after a flight and would give me a greater insight into the job, which I hope to be doing in the not too distant future.

Thankyou for your time

I hope to hear from you soon

Yours sincerely

----- -------

gorky
17th Jul 2002, 08:37
here the answer:

Dear Sir,
buy a flight ticket and ask the captain his authorization to enter into the cockpit.

Lufthansa

no sponsor
17th Jul 2002, 09:40
I presume Luftansa do not permit jump-seat rides any longer, which is why this chap is dispatching a letter.

I can't see it working though, not in the current climate. Your best bet is to go on a flight, and ask the captain to allow you in the cockpit to look around after the flight has landed, where you could ask questions. Unfortunately, this may result in the captain saying no as well.

fonawah
17th Jul 2002, 09:41
Any particular reason it has to be Lufthansa??

Elvis21
17th Jul 2002, 15:45
you are very unlikely to get a jump seat ride with any airline no matter how good your letter is.

Most airlines will only let very close family of the pilots in the cockpit.

Best of luck though!!:(