PDA

View Full Version : Gatbash '01, what are you doing now?

Funkie
16th Jul 2002, 20:17
Hi all,

After reading Gazeem’s post, and congratulations to him on achieving his CPL, it’s prompted me remind myself of the Gatbash 2001, and ask those who attended the seminars, What they are doing now?

Given the advice from Scroggs, WWW, Redsnail, CrashDive, Harmah, PPRuNe Towers and not forgetting Capt. PPRuNe, how many have successfully or not, moved into the wonderful world of aviation?

Perhaps WWW, CrashDive and Reddo would like to provide and brief and concise review of the sloppy aviation chart that they perfectly produced for us ‘a bit less in the know’. Guys and gal are we climbing up that slope yet?

As for me, the only bloke there who wanted to join the RAF, I completed the selection process at the end of April ’02, and was offered a commission as an Engineering Officer just last week, (my eyesight let me down for pilot) but yet to decide if I’m going to accept. If not, I’ll complete my PPL, (if my instructor will teach me….), buy my Duc and look forward to starting my training in a few years, probably at Jerez.

Here’s hoping for a good response, and I’ll see you at the next one…….

Fra:D

redsnail
16th Jul 2002, 20:35
Fra, I had nothing to do with that wobbly chart except I have seen the cycles before. I was there mainly to give advice re ATPL theory and bush flying.
On another note, back then I had got the 14 exams out the way. Now I have the ATPL too. Happy.:D

Blindside
17th Jul 2002, 18:22
I went to the US the week after the seminar and completed a three week intensive PPL course. A great laugh and a fantastic experience.

When I got back I purchased a share in a Piper, which I've flown a bit and I signed up for the first module of the Bristol distance learning course.

Sept 11 made me change my plans, and to be honest I've done almost diddly squat regarding learning the folders of information that stare at me from their shelf in my study.

As there is no chance of being employed as a pilot for the immediate future, I see little point in getting any more ratings or further investing in training that would involve expensive renewals. When I see signs of an improvement I'll get back on the horse and study for the exams.

Work and family are the priorities at the moment.

Best regards