PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2016 and the lack of colour options.

cattletruck
29th Sep 2017, 14:55
I spend a lot of time behind MS-Outlook and find a straw coloured background (like in PPrune) is gentler on my eyes. However, in their lack of wisdom, and I suspect it's more to do with marketing than usability research, Microsoft now don't allow you to choose your own background colours for the folder navigation, mail lists and calendar preview. You can change the mail message background but that then makes the whole layout look weird.

Apparently, many MS-Outlook 2016 users are already complaining to Microsoft about this, and their KB only refers to the 3 colour schemes that are built-in to MS-Outlook.

This is really poorly thought out by Microsoft.

NWSRG
29th Sep 2017, 15:18
Absolutely agree...it's not a fashion thing for users...everybody has their own preference for colours that they find visually comfortable. I've stuck with the "colorful" option, but I would much prefer to have a palette to choose from. I suspect it will come in time!

BEagle
30th Sep 2017, 05:17
My main laptop uses Outlook 2007, with a pale blue background scheme. Much like the very much missed Outlook Express which I used to have before Micro$oft killed it off.

But the back up laptop uses Office 365 with Outlook 2016. Much inferior, with 'white', 'dirty white' and 'a bit grey' as the only colours available. Perhaps because that makes it easier on kiddies' iToys and tablets?

I find Outlook 2016 a real backward step. Absurdly complicated if you have more than one e-mail account and that horrid white background. I do hope that the 'blue' background is reintroduced - M$ won't admit it, but they've had hundreds of complaints.

Tech Guy
12th Oct 2017, 11:36
I am keeping with the 2010 version of office. Everything since has been garish and harsh.

ExSp33db1rd
13th Oct 2017, 03:50
RIP Outlook Express, it wasn't broke, so why did they fix it ?

I know, I know, some just - out - of - college - whizkid needed to prove himself, and M/soft needs to keep selling.

Bah ! Humbug !