PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back - Really?

The Outlaw
29th Sep 2017, 06:01
So whilst reading through the weekly flight ops mail I saw a list of pilots who would be re-joining. Since I knew of two of them I asked them if it was true? Both said they had no idea where this came from and that they had no intention of rejoining let along ever stepping foot in Dubai again.

So the questions are:

1. Is this the standard stream of BS that this weekly will be known for? It certainly has given this reader cause for immediate deletion. I believe the Russians tried that tactic with a small paper called Pravda with similar results.

2. Is this a pathetic attempt at trying to retain pilots who are thinking about, or in the process of resigning to stay?

3. Is this another example of how desperate things have become in the "castle of bounciness" ?

4. Was this supposed to be an email that was going to be followed by another email asking to retract the first?

Either way...just another example of how bad things are.

pfvspnf
29th Sep 2017, 06:04
Truly shocking unless your friends are lying to you haha

kipper the dog
29th Sep 2017, 06:09
Shocking if true, sunk to new depths even for them. One of those names is re-joining though, or has at least applied to rejoin after leaving recently.

Talparc
29th Sep 2017, 08:48
Typical trick from the Costa dwellers, stupid as they are!
No surprise!

BobDole
29th Sep 2017, 09:23
One of them is legit... I know the guy and he's here unless they have cloned him :-)

TineeTim
29th Sep 2017, 10:29
I left in the not too distant past. I’m straight but I’d take up male prostitution before I’d work for those b*st*rds again. Come to think of it, I guess the end result would be similar. Each to their own, I guess!

Odins Raven
29th Sep 2017, 11:22
I left in the not too distant past. I’m straight but I’d take up male prostitution before I’d work for those b*st*rds again. Come to think of it, I guess the end result would be similar. Each to their own, I guess!

In prostitution you are usually rewarded for the amount of effort you put in 😉

If prostitutes worked to an EK roster they'd be in the top percentile of sex industry earners!

nolimitholdem
29th Sep 2017, 12:41
It's more likely whomever compiles the propaganda just picked some random names to fill some space.

It can be hard to tell the lazy incompetence from the intent to deceive sometimes.

4Screwaircrew
29th Sep 2017, 14:18
Interestingly we at Ryanair are told that you guys are all coming here to cure the shortage of crews that management tell us we don’t have��

jack schidt
29th Sep 2017, 23:04
What IS laughable is the simple fact that they feel it is worthy news to post "6" returning ex-EK Pilots as if the rest of us should be very cautious about any decision to resign.

If the company really cared about those joining then there would be the names of the new joiners each month. Sorry, this appears to be a "stunt" message to pilots who are considering leaving, its aim is clearly more than a compassionate welcome to "potential" re-joining Pilots.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.

Jack

777-200LR
30th Sep 2017, 02:28
It reminds me of the dodgy real estate agent that picks up his phone when he's showing you a house and says someone has just put an offer in!

guts
30th Sep 2017, 03:37
It reminds me of the dodgy real estate agent that picks up his phone when he's showing you a house and says someone has just put an offer in!
Sounds like the pitch at EPI, oops we didn't see that one..

SilverSeated
30th Sep 2017, 05:04
I like it,

It shows a warm embracing culture from the company, and allows as all to welcome back our old colleagues with a congratulatory smile.

Similarly the company should really be publishing a list of leavers each month so we can offer the same level of respect and wish our friends all the best in their future careers.

145qrh
30th Sep 2017, 06:35
I think it's great . Takes away some of the uncertainty of leaving .

If it all goes wrong , at least Emirates will take you back .

Not sure that's their intention tho.😉

fatbus
30th Sep 2017, 09:13
They will be very selective as to who they bring back ! All propaganda!

Wingman82
30th Sep 2017, 22:41
Where are they please in the sen.list and portal?

The Zohan
1st Oct 2017, 12:45
Discovery Airlines Fleet Newsletter - Caption Generator (http://www.captiongenerator.com/710932/Discovery-Airlines-Fleet-Newsletter)

tz

Jack330
1st Oct 2017, 13:15
Hahahahaha....

White Knight
1st Oct 2017, 13:27
Even better is the 'Hitler finds out Ryanair is cancelling flights' but I can't get the link to paste; it shows up in the Trending Videos section of that site.

Airbuspilot72
1st Oct 2017, 14:14
Even if the guys are joining it still shows desperation of EK. An airlines who never welcomed anyone back barring a few cases, has started publishing list in the ops update. ....really is it ops update ...or is it wash up ...

Airbuspilot72
1st Oct 2017, 14:21
Dear B737NG and B737EFIS Captains,

XiamenAir has increased its pay to $352,310 USD per year!

Below are some details about Xiamen Air:
XiamenAir (formerly Xiamen Airlines) was the first airline operated as a modern enterprise in China. Established on July 25, 1984 and based in Xiamen, Fujian Province it operates scheduled passenger flights out of Xiamen Gaoqi International Airport and, to a lesser extent, Fuzhou Changle International Airport and Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport. The airline is owned by China Southern Airlines (55%), Xiamen Construction and Development Group (34%), and Fujian Investment & Development Group (11%).

XiamenAir was honored with the title of "The Best Airline in Mainland China" for six consecutive quarters in the "Airlines Service Survey" made by CARNOC.com.

XiamenAir currently has 157 aircraft comprised of 143 B737NG, 4 B757 and 10 B787 aircraft. The company has 45 B737 and 2 B787 aircraft on order.

The city of Xiamen is known for its mild climate, Hokkien culture and colonial architecture, as well as its very low pollution. In 2006, Xiamen was ranked as China's "second most suitable city for living", as well as China's "most romantic leisure city" in 2011.

The compensation (net amount received by pilot after taxes are paid in China by the airline) ranges up to $29,360 USD per month ($352,310 USD per year) for B737NG Captains at XiamenAir. This is actual take home pay!

XiamenAir offers the following work schedules:
- 42 days of annual leave
- 22 days ON, 8 days OFF or 44 days ON, 16 days OFF
- 19 days ON, 11 days OFF or 38 days ON, 22 days OFF
- 17 days ON, 13 days OFF or 34 days ON, 26 days OFF
- 30 days ON, 30 days OFF or 2 months ON, 2 months OFF

If you have at least 500 hours PIC in the B737NG or B737EFIS, 5,000 hours total time, 2,000 hours PIC time in multi-engine commercial jets and are under the age of 55 (may be waived by the airline), please provide the following contact information:

Given Names: _____________
Surnames: _____________
Email Address: _____________
Phone Number: _____________
(include country code)

Current Aircraft Type (B737NG or B737EFIS): ________
PIC Hours on Current Aircraft: ____

Contact us at [email protected] to schedule your interview

Please feel free to pass this email to other B737NG or B737EFIS Captains

Sincerely,

Jack D
1st Oct 2017, 19:55
Nice salary .. if legit ? For relatively inexperienced captains . Check out this agency thoroughly should you be tempted ...

Jack330
1st Oct 2017, 22:16
Nobody is coming back here ! Clowns

RK Blue sky
2nd Oct 2017, 01:33
I would really question the 6 who supposedly came back. There is a severe pilot shortage worldwide so why would you come to EK in the first place but after spending time here and know how the company treats us why would you come back for more beatings?
What did the 6 do at their previous employers to want to leave there? Something is not adding up both with Emirates and with the six.
Everyone I know is wanting to get out of here. Why come back, you know how bad it is here and since you left it has gotten significantly worse. You 6 left for very good personal reasons. Those reasons if they involved Emirates and Dubai are more magnified for the worse. Did you not learn anything?

Airbuspilot72
2nd Oct 2017, 02:21
Nice salary .. if legit ? For relatively inexperienced captains . Check out this agency thoroughly should you be tempted ...

Ha ha ha ...like you checked EK before joining

fatbus
2nd Oct 2017, 03:02
No ! What he is saying is research the agency and research the fine print WrT the money.

LHR Rain
3rd Oct 2017, 11:56
No RK Emirates pilots rarely learn anything.
Why would one come back here?

Praise Jebus
3rd Oct 2017, 14:08
You 6 left for very good personal reasons. Those reasons if they involved Emirates and Dubai are more magnified for the worse.

Very personal reasons of which you would have no knowledge if they have magnified or not. I have no idea if anyone on or not on that list is returning but if so I bet it is again for very personal reasons. Don't pretend to know what they are. To their credit they have done more than you RK or me....they left

RK Blue sky
3rd Oct 2017, 16:06
I tried to convey that Dubai and Emirates have gotten worse since those 6 have returned. Dubai is more expensive, more crowded and more polluted even in the last 18 months if they were gone that long.
Emirates continues to degrade our profession and our quality of life almost on a daily basis and it doesn't seem to be getting better. After all pilots have said for 10 yrs it is one thing after another and always for the worse.
Yes those 6 did resign to their credit but they did something far worse and mind numbing. They returned knowing all they know. There is quite a difference between a low time Tubo Prop Boy Wonder not knowing anything and a pilot that has lived here and has worked for EK.
Like I said everyone I know has their exit strategy in place. There are greener pastures and we as pilots are in the drivers seat for the first time in decades.

Jack D
3rd Oct 2017, 19:43
Seemed to have touched a nerve with ab pilot ... so I did a very small amount of research into vor holdings recruitment agency . Quite an eye opener , I suggest he has a vested interest ? . Not much research needed for EK , pros & cons , just read the posts here , 15 or so years ago it was more than tolerable , as was Dubai ,now not so much ! Btw back to the main thread ; not all those "returners" have any real interest whatsoever in coming back and they wont . It's just politics ... disregard .