PDA

View Full Version : EU commission approves Alitalia recapitalization plan

Strain Guage
16th Jul 2002, 19:06
Kind of funny ain't it? Sabena goes down for the count, and the Belgian government can't lift a finger to help. No! No! Not in this European Community! And now, here comes Ol' Berlusconni (and Family) and his government is given the green light to infuse XXX billion Euros into a company that for the last twenty years has been flying the way Italians drive. How's that for fair competion to the other boys playing by the rules?

I say let the dead wood fall and make room for new growth--that's what Europe needs!

Gotta wonder about those guys in Brussels!

Any takers?

MarkD
16th Jul 2002, 19:49
I agree with you that in field where government competes in the same market on the same terms, you cannot both regulate and operate even handedly. The problem is the airlines are losing money on SH but the locos won't operate LH. Perhaps it's time to revert to BOAC type structures for flag carriers and leave their SH divisions fight it out with the locos with protection for the LH unit and no cross-subsidisation [e.g. BA charging regional legs of LH flights £1 of revenue to promote LHR]

erjdriver
16th Jul 2002, 20:27
So AZ has been loosing money...well, since I remember. The service it provides it's lousy. And here comes more money to blow.
And guess who's paying for it?

PEACE

maxalt
16th Jul 2002, 23:31
Got a link to this story?

GEENY
17th Jul 2002, 06:17
Yes,but AZ promissed to start saving money.One of the ways is to code-share with Volare.The VLE pilot contract (in italian) is published on the sites found in the Notices.It all hinges on the fact that FTL allow VLE to use their pilots beyond all acceptable limits.Check the topic JAR/FTL in the Questions (the AZ pilots finally smelling the coffee).
Can't wait for the showdown.