PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Goods Awareness

mikewil
27th Sep 2017, 12:30
Does anyone know the requirements for when a current dangerous goods awareness certificate is required for a flight crew licence holder?

Does someone require one to exercise the privileges of an instructor rating (and other airwork) or is it only required for charter?

YPJT
28th Sep 2017, 01:28
Pretty sure its only for charter

Frontal Lobotomy
28th Sep 2017, 10:38
I have also been a little confused on this. CASR 92.095 seems to indicate that you don't need it for:
Private Ops
Ag Ops
SAR Ops
Balloon Ops
Scenic and Joy Flights Ops (Which are charter)
Flight training Ops

Any clarification on the Joy Flights would be appreciated.

josephfeatherweight
28th Sep 2017, 11:55
Dangerous Goods are very dangerous...

Duck Pilot
29th Sep 2017, 04:39
If in doubt just do an online course, they are pretty cheap? Should only take a couple of hours then it's done and dusted for 2 years.

Aussie Bob
29th Sep 2017, 09:22
If in doubt just do an online course, they are pretty cheap? Should only take a couple of hours then it's done and dusted for 2 years. Until it becomes 2 x 2 x 2 x 2, I did these things for an interminably long time with the same stuff and the same answers from the same questions. I got over it totally and now only instruct. So in answer to Mikes question, as far as I know you don't need it to instruct and CASA never mention it when they audit me. Mine expired over 3 years ago.

smiling monkey
30th Sep 2017, 04:22
Does anyone know the requirements for when a current dangerous goods awareness certificate is required for a flight crew licence holder?

Does someone require one to exercise the privileges of an instructor rating (and other airwork) or is it only required for charter?

Unless your student is dangerous, I guess you don't need one to instruct. ;) (that's a joke by the way, in case the joke police read this).