PDA

View Full Version : One for the Oman Air boys...Indian restaurants in MCT

777boyo
27th Sep 2017, 03:39
Gentlemen,

Visiting MCT shortly, looking for a recommendation for an Indian restaurant. Preferably one not too far from the Hyatt, and which serves the customary beverage accompaniment!

Any advice appreciated,

Thanks,

7B

White Knight
27th Sep 2017, 03:47
Hopefully you don't mind an EK fellah replying but I remember the 'Mumtaz Mahal' doing excellent food.

Two caveats: I don't know how far it is from the Hyatt and I can't remember what the Omani laws are wrt hop beverages!

777boyo
27th Sep 2017, 05:01
WK
Thanks, looks like a great recommendation, just googled them and they seem to have a 'grape list', so good result!
And no, as a former EK fellah of nearly 20 years myself, I have no objection to you responding :)! Quite the opposite, cheers!
7B

Farrell
27th Sep 2017, 07:16
Mumtaz Mahal is a pretty good place with nice views if you are doing the tourist thing. It's a 15 minute drive from the Hyatt.

However, the best back street Indian restaurant in Muscat is Begum's in Al Khuwair, but there's no grog.

Any high end hotel in your area will have good Indian food as it is almost a staple here in Muscat.

As an alternative, I highly recommend Shiraz Iranian restaurant at the Crowne Plaza. Has it all, including a great view over the sea.

Mr Mac
27th Sep 2017, 11:42
777boyo
Seem to remember some good meals at the Chedi Hotel when I was based there.

Regards
Mr Mac

Farrell
27th Sep 2017, 13:03
There is also Indus at the Royal Opera House. I think they serve alcohol now.

Jack D
27th Sep 2017, 23:20
Can second the Mumtaz Mahal , nice view , outside temps now becoming bearable , good food sometimes very good , and hop infusions available . I was a visitor to Mct on several occasions , some of the local residents recommendations might be worth a punt ., but the MM is a solid bet

777boyo
29th Sep 2017, 04:13
Gentlemen,
Thanks for your replies, really helpful.
7B