PDA

View Full Version : Wizzair-2

Pages : [1] 2 3

pabely
24th Sep 2017, 17:09
WizzAir Stops Most of its Flights from Bulgaria to the UK - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency (http://www.novinite.com/articles/183512/WizzAir+Stops+Most+of+its+Flights+from+Bulgaria+to+the+UK)

1sky
24th Sep 2017, 20:56
Surprising they would drop 3 UK routes in one go.

On Tuesday and Saturday, Sofia-Luton is also down to 1 daily (3 daily on the other days).

TBSC
24th Sep 2017, 22:56
Routes suspended from Nov: OTP/WAW-GLA, SOF-BHX/DSA, WAW/SOF-BRS, CLJ-BTS, KTW/WAW-BVA, KTW-MST, GDN-CRL, SZY-TRF.

pabely
25th Sep 2017, 11:59
Yet RYR are expanding in Bulgaria, OK not in Sofia, perhaps it is just the UK market which has gone soft.
Ryanair launches Bourgas base in S18 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274917/ryanair-launches-bourgas-base-in-s18/)

TimmyW
25th Sep 2017, 13:32
I think this is probably just the beginning.
I know next summers schedule from DSA is nowhere near as busy as it usually is. I think Wizz will start to withdraw from the regional airports and focus on Luton from the UK.

wowzz
25th Sep 2017, 13:45
Just wondering who will be doing the work of all the immigrants that will no longer be flying into Doncaster. Certainly not the fat unemployed Brits drinking cheap lager all day, who would no more go picking vegetables than give up smoking.

mwm991
25th Sep 2017, 14:35
Routes suspended from Nov: OTP/WAW-GLA, SOF-BHX/DSA, WAW/SOF-BRS, CLJ-BTS, KTW/WAW-BVA, KTW-MST, GDN-CRL, SZY-TRF.

No need t'worry, t'factories will be back now!

Nothing to see here.

LTNman
25th Sep 2017, 15:35
Just wondering who will be doing the work of all the immigrants that will no longer be flying into Doncaster. Certainly not the fat unemployed Brits drinking cheap lager all day, who would no more go picking vegetables than give up smoking.

Luton is two and a half hours away from Luton so it is not the end of the world and even closer if they are traveling to the south of Doncaster.

I wonder if darren1, Rupert369 and harbour cotter would like to comment on your views of the British. I bet they will say not a word. :E

SWBKCB
25th Sep 2017, 15:47
Ignoring the trolling, access to labour is the single biggest Brexit concern of UK agriculture. Starting to bite due to the current level of the pound. Bound to impact Wizz and others.

VickersVicount
25th Sep 2017, 16:15
Suspect in time all the Eastern European Ryanair routes will start to be cut back too, they are not immune.

kcockayne
25th Sep 2017, 17:54
Luton is two and a half hours away from Luton so it is not the end of the world and even closer if they are traveling to the south of Doncaster.

I wonder if darren1, Rupert369 and harbour cotter would like to comment on your views of the British. I bet they will say not a word. :E

Seems like you can't get away from Luton !

darren1
25th Sep 2017, 18:45

Alas the British work shy are too well looked after by the taxpayer.

27th Sep 2017, 19:24
Yet RYR are expanding in Bulgaria, OK not in Sofia, perhaps it is just the UK market which has gone soft.
Ryanair launches Bourgas base in S18 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274917/ryanair-launches-bourgas-base-in-s18/)

Well... they were. But now 5 routes from Sofia are on the list of cancellations. It's starting to look like something is wrong there.

Suspect in time all the Eastern European Ryanair routes will start to be cut back too, they are not immune.

Prescient!

Buster the Bear
27th Sep 2017, 20:18
Why would Wizzair want to purchase Monarch?

Crew? UK H.Q. & A.O.C. post Brexit? Gatwick Slots? Diversify?

toledoashley
27th Sep 2017, 20:26
I think its reasonable to say 'Why would Wizz want part of Monarch?' UK AOC, slots at Luton

nigel osborne
27th Sep 2017, 20:41
Yup sounds about right.

LTNman
30th Sep 2017, 20:40
As reported on the Monarch thread a new company has been set up called Wizzair Uk ltd.

Buster the Bear
1st Oct 2017, 12:07
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10982241

Seljuk22
6th Oct 2017, 12:04
Kutaisi base will get a 2nd A320 next summer
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/10/06/wizz-air-doubles-capacity-in-georgia#/

Callum Paterson
6th Oct 2017, 12:22
Does anyone know what the motivation is behind the new UK company?

A precautionary move in the face of Brexit so they can continue to operate from the UK to countries all over central and eastern Europe, rather than just Hungary?

Or could they be looking to expand from the UK to destinations outside their core market?

Any knowledge or simply educated theories welcome, thanks.

pabely
6th Oct 2017, 12:56
I do not know but it would be sound business sense to think both of these.

Callum Paterson
16th Oct 2017, 12:27
WIZZ AIR ANNOUNCES AN EXTENSIVE LOW-FARE NETWORK FROM ATHENS

ATHENS BECOMES WIZZ’S 144 DESTINATION WITH 8 NEW ROUTES TO START IN 2018

Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, announced today the start of its operations from Athens International Airport with the launch of 8 new routes in 2018, to Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, Lithuania, Republic of Moldova and Poland.

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/10/16/wizz-air-announces-an-extensive-low-fare-network-from-athens#/

alm1
16th Oct 2017, 15:19
A few days after Ryanair anounced their ATH expansion. There will be lots of overcapacity on overlaping routes.

CabinCrewe
16th Oct 2017, 16:46
Wizzair UK is an interesting concept for brexit no deal. Obviously convinced the market is there to stay...

Buster the Bear
16th Oct 2017, 16:51
Wizzair will have both a European and UK AOC soon.

Callum Paterson
16th Oct 2017, 19:06
And with a UK AOC am I correct in saying Wizz can apply for traffic rights between the UK and Russia?

Luton to Moscow?

ajamieson
17th Oct 2017, 07:02
I suppose they could, but why would anyone want to do it? Been tried.

Boeing737-8
17th Oct 2017, 15:27
2 words

World Cup

17th Oct 2017, 20:57
The world cup doesn't last long enough to make it sensible for any airline to get involved in Russian bureaucracy; it's hard enough to run international buses there!

Callum Paterson
17th Oct 2017, 21:15
Wizz Air already flies to and from Russia. So, clearly they know what is involved with "Russian bureaucracy" which, by the way, isn't as scary as Sky News and the like would have you believe.

Boeing737-8
17th Oct 2017, 21:30
Wizz could easily run a scheduled service to Russia for 3 months from LTN. This would certainly be a gold mine.

SWBKCB
18th Oct 2017, 07:12
Wouldn't Wizz need to be granted traffic rights to Russia from the UK? Aren't there nominated airports?

southside bobby
18th Oct 2017, 07:23
Yes & yes some posters jus don`t ged it....

Callum Paterson
18th Oct 2017, 07:40
Rather than being needlessly rude and arrogant, why don't you explain what "some people just don't get" so we can all get it?

southside bobby
18th Oct 2017, 07:54
Callum Paterson..
Ok..calm down....Just on this board refer to post #27..more as the reality is post #29 & as it really really is post #32...

compton3bravo
18th Oct 2017, 08:00
I would suggest Wizz have got better fish to fry than Luton-Moscow.

Callum Paterson
18th Oct 2017, 12:48
I can only presume Southside Bobby, that you know absolutely everything about absolutely everything.

compton3bravo
18th Oct 2017, 12:56
The airline has officially applied for its UK AOC. If granted it will base several UK registered aircraft at Luton from March 2018 employing over 100 staff. Full details on the Wizzair website.

LGS6753
18th Oct 2017, 13:29
I wonder if these will be additional, or if they will be used to replace outbased aircraft. The present morning influx into Luton of up to 15 aircraft from Eastern Europe is convenient for Wizz as it takes advantage of the time difference between UK time and CET.
I wonder too if a UK base and AOC will herald a change in strategy to link UK with non-Central European destinations.

southside bobby
18th Oct 2017, 14:56
Cullum Paterson..
I just stated in my first that some don`t seem to get it with all the issues that would surround even requesting the authority to fly UK-Moscow or Russia as you state. You realise do you that only two Russian Cities are to any degree "open" to normal western visitors.
I then gave you details of 3 other posters with a view which would help to answer your first question to me which you chose to ignore but then launch a yet further personal comment...
Just answer the views & statements matey, being the way you are doesn't further the cause.
To give you a chance to educate would you perhaps care to illuminate the forum the precepts behind your statement "Russian bureaucracy which by the way,isn`t as scary as Sky News & the like would have you believe".

southside bobby
18th Oct 2017, 15:20
Wizz state Wizz Air UK replaces the Wizz Air Hungary base at LTN & the plan is to make ops "Brexit ready".

TimmyW
18th Oct 2017, 15:22
I wonder what effect (if any) this will have on operations from other UK airports.

toledoashley
19th Oct 2017, 14:42
An interesting article from Romania - where they believe Wizz is about to start London to the US and Canada. INSIDER / Wizz Air vrea sa zboare din Londra in Statele Unite si Canada ? Aeronews (http://aeronews.ro/insider-wizz-air-vrea-sa-zboare-din-londra-in-statele-unite-si-canada/)

davidjohnson6
30th Oct 2017, 03:09
Wizz rumoured to be thinking about moving airport in Kiev, from Zhulyiany to Boryspil
https://www.obozrevatel.com/finance/economy/wizz-air-uhodit-v-aeroportu-kiev-prokommentirovali-situatsiyu.htm
(Use Google Translate if you need this in english)

rafael21
2nd Nov 2017, 19:01
I read today in a Polish Web that Wizz is interested to fly from BUD to Tehran - Iran, it depends of governments agreement

Buster the Bear
6th Nov 2017, 12:35
https://uk.webfg.com/news/news-and-announcements/wizz-air-flies-higher-as-traffic-load-factor-rise-in-october--2954673.html

compton3bravo
6th Nov 2017, 13:23
Good figures for October, augurs well for AGM on Wednesday.

toledoashley
15th Nov 2017, 07:14
Its certainly a bold order... I wonder where they will all be deployed?

WIZZ AIR ANNOUNCES ORDER FOR 146 AIRBUS A320neo FAMILY AIRCRAFT
Provides fleet renewal and expansion to capitalize on growth opportunity and drive unit costs even lower
DUBAI, 15 November 2017: Wizz Air Holdings Plc ("Wizz Air" or "the Company"), the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, announced today that, following a competitive selection process, it has signed a memorandum of understanding with Airbus S.A.S. ("Airbus") relating to the purchase of a further 146 Airbus A320neo family aircraft (72 A320neo and 74 A321neo). While deliveries will start in 2022, the bulk of the aircraft will be delivered in 2025 and 2026, following on from the delivery of the 110 Airbus A321neo aircraft ordered by Wizz Air in 2015. Under the memorandum of understanding Wizz Air has the right to substitute a number of the A320neo aircraft with the Airbus A321neo and vice versa, depending on its future requirements.
At current list prices, these additional aircraft are worth in excess of US$17.2 billion although discounts will be granted by Airbus. Completion of the order remains subject to approval by Wizz Air shareholders.
"Once again, Airbus has delivered the best overall mix of aircraft, cost efficiency, support and price. We are convinced that the Airbus A320neo and A321neo will be game-changer aircraft for Wizz Air, as we continue to grow at an industry-leading rate and expand our market reach across and beyond Europe," said József Váradi, Wizz Air's chief executive officer. "The next-step technology aircraft will enable us to continue to lower our operating costs as we drive towards our goal of Wizz Air being the lowest fare and lowest unit cost airline in Europe. Wizz Air will continue to stimulate demand for air travel in CEE and beyond by offering the lowest fares to our customers, while still delivering a great customer experience on-board one of the youngest fleets in Europe".
This new order, if approved by Wizz Air's shareholders, would bring Wizz Air's outstanding orders with Airbus to 282 aircraft, including also 8 Airbus A320ceo and 18 Airbus A321ceo aircraft, deliveries of which will continue to early 2019, and 110 Airbus A321neo aircraft, deliveries of which are planned to start in 2019 and continue through to the end of 2024.

danielson81
20th Nov 2017, 09:58
New routes announced from Spring 2018 from Luton:

Destination
Days
Starts

Larnaca, Cyprus

Frequency: Daily
Starts: 30 May 2018

Tirana, Albania

Frequency: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Starts: 31 May 2018

Bratislava, Slovakia

Frequency: Daily
Starts: 20 June 2018

Tallinn, Estonia

Frequency: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
Starts: 17 September 2018

Lviv, Ukraine

Frequency: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Starts: 18 September 2018

Larnaca is interesting, are Wizz expaning to more traditional British holiday destinations? Majorca next?

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/11/20/wizz-air-announces-major-expansion-at-london-luton#/

southside bobby
20th Nov 2017, 10:14
WZZ in further press coverage state no transatlantic planning/ambition,will concentrate on "Eastern" Europe & will also not be moving into the Western Med market.
So therefore the answer is no to the question regarding traditional British holiday destinations inc Majorca.

gilesdavies
20th Nov 2017, 11:54
Interesting article by TTG...

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/wizz-air-expands-at-luton-but-rules-out-us-flights-12383

Couple of quotes:

Asked if he would follow Danish carrier Primera in launching into the budget transatlantic market, he said there were “no plans at the moment”, and said offering flights to destinations like Spain would be “a very silly thing to do”.

By the time we get to the start of these services, Wizz Air UK will be up and flying,” he said. “It will allow us to offer destinations from Luton without having to fly them in a ‘W’ pattern from abroad.”

“Our business is very much eastern Europe, there is only one-tenth the number of seats on sale there compared with Western Europe,”

Jones hinted, however, that the carrier did not have its sights on Gatwick despite Monarch’s demise leaving space there. “We have one route there, it’s not a focus for us.”

Suppose this could be posted in the Luton forum too, but posting it here as more Wizzair orientated...

TimmyW
20th Nov 2017, 12:07
Flights to DSA from Eastern Europe are heavily reduced for next summer. DSA is currently their 2nd most served UK airport. I wonder if they'll be targeting anywhere else?

20th Nov 2017, 20:00
Tallinn, Estonia
[/LIST]
Frequency: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
Starts: 17 September 2018

With this TLL will have a not very good service to four major London airports, but a good service to none :-(

LGS6753
21st Nov 2017, 07:27
I notice that Wizz's press release yesterday refers to 186 seat A320s. When did they increase the capacity from 180?

Plane.Silly
21st Nov 2017, 10:20
Don't know when, but they'll just be copying easyjet, they managed to squeeze that extra row in. Imagine the leg room now :(

EK77WNCL
21st Nov 2017, 11:58
The leg room is actually fine, possibly better than the 156 seat A319's/180 seat A320's with EZY's old seats. Providing they're slimline like EZY's, 186 will be perfectly comfortable.

I had one of EZY's new 186 seaters in May, Tenerife - Newcastle, perfectly comfortable for 4 hours

TBSC
21st Nov 2017, 13:00
The only 320 delivered this year (amongst the 321s) is flying for a while now with 186 seats. Btw the distance between the seat rows is the same as the extra row is accomodated with relocating the two aft toilets.

Buster the Bear
27th Nov 2017, 14:23
Wizz Air to open base in Kharkiv in 2018, to increase number of flights from Lviv (http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/465022.html)

TimmyW
27th Nov 2017, 14:29
More UK routes axed today. Lublin I believe from DSA and LPL.

Seljuk22
27th Nov 2017, 16:36
Re-allocate capacity from UK to expand in Poland, Romania or new routes to Southern Europe

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/11/27/wizz-air-announced-expanding-sibiu-s-network#/

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/11/27/wizz-air-announces-further-expansion-in-ukraine

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/11/27/wizz-air-optimizes-its-polish-network-and-announces-10-new-routes

Navpi
27th Nov 2017, 16:46
There is also another route axed from Liverpool.

Shift to S EAST.

TBSC
27th Nov 2017, 18:01
@Buster

HRK will not be a base but a destination.

TGM base will not resume (the aircraft is flying from CLJ for a while already due to TGM runway closure) but the aircraft will be moved to SBZ (#2).
LUZ base will be closed in June 2018 (however the station will continue to be served with W-pattern flights), the based aircraft will be redeployed to be #7 in KTW.

alm1
27th Nov 2017, 18:58
@TBSC - do you know is Wizz really going to operate flights during New Year midnight or is this schedulling error on new routes that will be fixed? NUE-SOF, LTN-VAR, LTN-KIV have flights that take off in year 2017 and land in 2018 which is very unusual for an LCC. All of these are new routes.

TBSC
27th Nov 2017, 19:02
@alm1 LTN-VAR, NUE-SOF, LTN-KIV, LTN-DEB are to be operated on the evening of 31DEC.

alm1
27th Nov 2017, 19:39
TangoAlphad - Wizz usally send emails exactly two moths before departure. But there is precedent with Ryanair mass cancelations now and the result was clarification that passengers are entitled to be reaccomodated on another airline.

@alm1 LTN-VAR, NUE-SOF, LTN-KIV, LTN-DEB are to be operated on the evening of 31DEC.

Thanks. LTN-DEB looks even more convenient :)

Then I have another question. New VNO-ATH is schedulled as 5th aircraft in Vilnius which was not announced and there are no other rotations for it. Are we going to get it and even more new routes? :)

alm1
27th Nov 2017, 19:54
UK CAA made Ryanair to send this email to affected passengers. So you can demand comparable things from Wizz Air:

We refer to our recent email regarding your Ryanair flight booking, and we write to remind you that you are entitled to choose between a full refund of the cost of your ticket, or re-routing as well as a refund of certain expenses (as detailed below).

If you wish to avail of re-routing, you can transfer online (free of charge) to the next alternative Ryanair flight to the same destination airport (subject to seat availability) – click here. If you require other rerouting options, such as departing / arriving from another airport served by Ryanair or (if a suitable Ryanair flight is unavailable) an alternative airline, train, bus or car hire, please contact reservations, click to chat with one of our advisors (subject to opening hours) or go to the airport ticket desk. If you avail of re-routing via an alternative airport, you will be entitled to a refund of the reasonable cost of transferring to that airport. Also, if you avail of rerouting and, as a result, incur expenses in respect of accommodation, meals or refreshments, you will be entitled to a refund of such reasonable expenses.

If you were notified of a flight cancellation more than 14 days in advance of the scheduled departure date, you are not entitled to EU261 compensation (as opposed to expenses as detailed above).

We again sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. If, following our previous email, you have already made a choice of a refund but now wish to change your decision, please contact our Customer Service team and we will assist you to alter your preference. For example, if you chose a refund and re-booked an alternative comparable transport option (flight, train, bus, car hire, etc.) yourself, we will refund the difference in cost, to be assessed on a case by case basis.

inOban
27th Nov 2017, 21:58
I can't believe that in this day and age they think they can get away with what is essentially a credit note.

DublinPole
28th Nov 2017, 00:17
UK CAA made Ryanair to send this email to affected passengers. So you can demand comparable things from Wizz Air:

And this is the point that Ryanair made whilst that whole situation was going on when they started speaking about British Airways and other airlines and looking forward to the CAA taking enforcement action.

The CAA's response to Ryanair was was essentially a paltry: 'we wrote to a number of other airlines and asked if they were complying with EU261 regulations.' because yeah, I can just see them all queuing up to admit to it.

I won't hold my breath of the CAA getting involved with this.

DublinPole
28th Nov 2017, 00:20
Oh and Wizz air have been telling people in my group no refunds. A refund to their Wizz account is only option to spend on their network.

You should write to the Department for Transport in the UK and tell them to sort their regulator out and make them start applying their rules rigidly and calling all the airlines out who are doing such practices no matter who they are.

As predicted, they went after Ryanair but have done Eff all about the fact the practice is endemic in the industry whilst claiming to be on the passengers side.

29th Nov 2017, 15:16
I'm sure the CAA will get their pitchforks out this time too. They have to find out where they're stored and dust them off, and wait for complaints, ...

Buster the Bear
5th Dec 2017, 15:10
Wizz November passenger volumes up 22% | interactive investor (http://www.iii.co.uk/stockmarketwire/465728/wizz-november-passenger-volumes-22)

pee
12th Dec 2017, 16:50
There are a few countries, where Wizz has almost monopoly in the low-cost sector, among them Georgia. Apparently strengthening its position there with just announced new route from Riga to Kutaisi, this new service will operate two weekly flights from 25 March 2018.

Also in the news... Wizz reinforces its position in Turku (Western Finland). From end of March there will be as much as 11 weekly flights on the route TKU - Gdansk. In spite of great popularity of this route, none of the low cost carriers links any of the Finnish airports with Warsaw, what amazes me a bit.

alm1
12th Dec 2017, 17:15
This flight comes in expense of Riga-Liverpool, which was sold till yesterday with the same departure times. That's another discontinued route between UK regions and Eastern Europe.

TimmyW
13th Dec 2017, 07:46
I think it is clear the only focus for Wizz in the UK will be at Luton

ajamieson
13th Dec 2017, 11:24
Oh and Wizz air have been telling people in my group no refunds. A refund to their Wizz account is only option to spend on their network.
And if you do insist on a cash refund, Wizzair charges a fee of 60 Euros PER PASSENGER PER SECTOR.

1sky
20th Dec 2017, 07:33
Luton-Athens, Bari and Reykjavik.

LGS6753
20th Dec 2017, 11:57
7 aircraft to be Luton-based, including 2 A321.

Seljuk22
20th Dec 2017, 16:45
+ LCA increased to 10 weekly
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/12/20/wizz-air-announces-three-new-routes-from-london-luton#/

Refuellerman
20th Dec 2017, 19:59
I got cash back in the end. Informed the lady on the phone I worked for an airline and was very familiar with the rules and the options of going via the CAA.. worked a treat.
Well you are the big man aren't you

TimmyW
22nd Dec 2017, 10:01
Wizz have cut their winter schedule back further at DSA. Poznan and Gdnask now only twice weekly as opposed to the original 4.

anonym123
25th Dec 2017, 16:40
Because Wizzair plans to fly from London Luton to America and Canada.
They are also thinking about buying 350 in the future.

toledoashley
26th Dec 2017, 07:45
The only place I have seen about the Wizzair Luton to America rumour was in a Romanian news article. Since then Joszef Varadi has shot that rumour down - confirming that it wasn't within their plans for the moment.

canberra97
26th Dec 2017, 07:59
Where are getting all these ideas from, who is telling you, what are you reading, please supply a source or at least a link or are they just wishful thinking plane spotters dreams!

WIZZ officially announced a few months ago that they had no plans to fly North America after 'rumours' on the internet suggested that they were intending on doing so. WIZZ also at the same time that they would continue to expand in Europe especially in the east and opening up new markets in Europe hence the new UK AOC and the establishment of Luton as a base with upto seven aircraft to be based at the airport in 2018.

With Icelandair, Norwegian, WOW and from next year PRIMERA entering the transatlantic low cost market WIZZ would be entering a cut throat market with no real benefit considering that they could use the same aircraft for upto three rotations from LTN.

I am also under the impression that the A321's that WIZZ have on order will not be able to make it non stop from Luton to the eastern seaboard of United States without making a fuel stop en route at Kevjavik making any such uncompetitive.

There has been no such suggestion regarding WIZZ ordering wide bodies let alone brand new and expensive A350!

LGS6753
26th Dec 2017, 08:11
Because Wizzair plans to fly from London Luton to America and Canada.

I can't help thinking someone is confusing Wizz with WOW....

1sky
26th Dec 2017, 08:25
WIZZ officially announced a few months ago that they had no plans to fly North America after 'rumours' on the internet suggested that they were intending on doing so.

In fairness, what Wizz Air said was:
asked if he would follow Danish carrier Primera in launching into the budget transatlantic market, he said there were “no plans at the moment”, and said offering flights to destinations like Spain would be “a very silly thing to do”.
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/wizz-air-expands-at-luton-but-rules-out-us-flights-12383

If you read PR statements carefully, there is a difference between “no plans” and “no plans at the moment”. The latter keeps the door open for something to happen in the future (unlike the statement in the same press release that operating UK-Spain would be “a very silly thing”).

While I have my doubts Wizz Air are seriously considering North America anytime soon, they would have the benefit of a potential LTN hub (with an inbound wave of almost 20 flights every morning as feed). That’s a huge asset that Primera, Norwegian and the other new entrants are lacking. I remember when everyone dismissed the notion of Ryanair ever doing connecting flights.

The Wizz A321NEOs should have the range.

canberra97
26th Dec 2017, 08:33
He is either confused or deluded.
WOW have announced Stansted for 2018 with connections to the North America but have no intention of flying from Luton as well, you may be correct with the confusion regard WIZZ or WOW but I honestly don't think that is the case here but even WOW are not going to be ordering any A350 anytime soon and have made no such intention on doing so.

The poster clearly states Luton to North America but I am getting the impression it's 'that he would like' WIZZ to fly from Luton to North America and has either dismissed the official statement from WIZZ stating otherwise or hasn't read it, but the A350 order is a bit of wishful thinking I would suggest.

Buster the Bear
26th Dec 2017, 11:19
Think of the markets that Wizzair currently serve, then try finding direct connections to the USA and Canada from some of those countries.

1sky
26th Dec 2017, 11:40
There’s actually are a lot of Central and Eastern European immigrants in the US/Canada. There’s almost nothing direct (except Poland) and one stop options tend to be expensive, especially if seeking a reasonable journey time of 11-14 hours rather than 16-22 hours. You are looking at a price premium of 20-30% compared to Western European markets such as Italy, Austria, etc.

toledoashley
26th Dec 2017, 13:23
What also helps that theory are the defined waves they currently have at LTN. All those flights arriving between 7:30-9am would be perfect for an 11am departure, 6/7am arrival from the states.

26th Dec 2017, 15:52
If I was Wizz and I did decide I wanted to do transatlantic, I think I'd be tempted to do it from Budapest?

Callum Paterson
26th Dec 2017, 16:14
What's the obsession with transatlantic? Not every airline has to fly long haul, you know.

The CEO has already rubbished the rumours and TBH, you'd have to be daft to believe them to begin with.

compton3bravo
26th Dec 2017, 16:24
I would suggest Dubai to be more to there liking as they already fly there.

26th Dec 2017, 16:29
They fly there from places that need Wizz to fly people there, however I wouldn't say anywhere in Western Europe is such a place.

Callum Paterson
27th Dec 2017, 19:44
Western Europe is saturated with too many airlines. We're now seeing airlines going under on an almost monthly basis and other airlines such as Norwegian are struggling to find profitable routes to fly.

The same does not apply to Eastern Europe. There is huge growth potential and Wizz Air are leading the growth in this part of the world.

Wizz Air will continue to focus on Eastern and Central Europe. And rightly so.

All in my opinion, of course.

1sky
27th Dec 2017, 20:33
Yet Wizz Air is cutting quite a few UK-Central/Eastern Europe routes (Brexit effect) and launching routes within Western Europe.

With 280 planes on order, they can also be a player in Western Europe especially when the main competitors have rising costs and are fighting union issues (probably still a few years away for Wizz Air). Looking at the cost base, there is no comparison between a Wizz Air A321 (or soon to be delivered NEO) and an Easyjet A319 or Ryanair B737-800.

There are only so many aircraft one can place in Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Georgia, etc. so I imagine the traditional Western European markets will be a part of the company's wider growth equation.

davidjohnson6
27th Dec 2017, 20:51
Communism may have ended 28 years ago but incomes and disposable income is still much higher in western Europe. It will take many more years before there is approximate income parity between Birmingham and Bucharest

DC3 Dave
27th Dec 2017, 21:34
What you say is a fact, but the size of of the middle class in eastern Europe has trippled in a little over 10 years. In western Europe the middle classes are shrinking with many falling into relative poverty.

1sky
27th Dec 2017, 21:55
Actually the shrinking middle class in Western Europe is mostly due to an increase in the numbers of upper middle class rather than anything else.

KelvinD
29th Dec 2017, 15:04
Just heard on the BBC that Wizzair has done a deal with Airbus to buy 140 new aircraft and that they are to expand their Luton operation.

gilesdavies
29th Dec 2017, 21:20
I can't see the BBC news article you mention, unless you are reading an article from a few weeks ago?

All today's announcement is, is confirmation of an order that was already announced at the Dubai Air Show in November, and is part of an order for 430 A320/321neo's, and 146 of those aircraft are allocated to Wizz...

The order has come from investment company Indigo Partners, who are a major shareholder in Wizz Air and also hold major shares in airlines in the USA, Mexico and Chile, which are all managed independently. Indigo are funding the aircraft order and by buy ordering in bulk for all three airlines they have negotiated a huge discount from Airbus.
(The allocation according to Wikipedia is, 146 aircraft will go to Wizz, 134 to Frontier, 80 to Volaris and 70 to JetSmart.)

Today's announcement is just the signing of the paper work and firm commitment, and going by what I am reading Airbus have pressed for the confirmation of the order by the end of the year. I think this is due to Airbus not having the most successful of years with regards to orders compared to arch rival Boeing and want this big order to bolster their order book and steal headlines from Boeing.

With regards to Luton expansion this was announced about a week before Christmas and Wizz have purchased all of Monarch's slots, which will increase their base from three to seven aircraft. New routes announced included Bari, Athens, Reykjavik, Lviv and increases in frequencies to other routes including Tel Aviv and Larnaca.

sinbad73
29th Dec 2017, 21:54
That's because the O.P. HEARD the report on BBC Radio, like I did. The report mentioned the aircraft order, the new routes from LTN and I'm pretty sure they mentioned a new route from CVT to GDN?

1sky
29th Dec 2017, 22:36
Wizz Air now have some 280 aircraft on order. That is more than Ryanair.

1sky
30th Dec 2017, 13:26
Has anyone heard anything about Wizz Air recruiting pilots for a Dublin base?

pabely
30th Dec 2017, 13:42
Are not Indigo Partners big shareholders in WZZ & RYR, I'm sure they would not like a fight of such reducing profits!

toledoashley
30th Dec 2017, 18:01
I don't believe Indigo are 'big' investors in Ryanair, no.

1sky
30th Dec 2017, 19:41
They are indirectly linked through David Bonderman (and his part in both Indigo and Ryanair), but that is getting weaker as time passes (and the shareholding decreases).

Whatever link there is never prevented a Wizz / Ryanair battle in the past, and probably won't in the future either.

Seljuk22
31st Dec 2017, 08:25
Wizz finished the year with a fleet of 64 A320 (63 last year) and 24 A321 (11 last year).
In total 88 aircraft vs 74 last year. Next year they will have more than 100 aircraft in their fleet.
More than 28 million passenger (+20%) flew with W6 this year.

PPRuNeUser0176
31st Dec 2017, 16:22
Are not Indigo Partners big shareholders in WZZ & RYR, I'm sure they would not like a fight of such reducing profits!

Yet happy to see it in other European cities!

Wizz have posted an add on their Linked In Account.

pabely
2nd Jan 2018, 11:01
Perhaps to pick up any unhappy RYR crews who might want to switch to driving the Airbus or EI crews?

LGS6753
2nd Jan 2018, 12:12
WizzAir shares being tipped in the 'Telegraph':

Bradley Gerrard: Wizz Air

Airlines made the headlines for all the wrong reasons in 2017 with several failures and Ryanair’s pilot rostering travails leading to a swathe of winter flight cancellations. But an airline could still help lift your portfolio. Wizz Air’s shares almost doubled in 2017 in spite of – and because of – the chaos around it, and there are signs upward momentum remains. The low-cost carrier rapidly expanded its presence at Luton airport to become the second biggest airline there, acquiring take-off and landing slots left vacant by the collapsed Monarch Airlines. It made the airport its first UK base and will move from just one plane there to seven by the summer.

Wizz is also more exposed to faster growing economies in Eastern and Central Europe, regions that don’t have a large contingent of legacy airlines to stifle its growth ambitions. Analysts at Royal Bank of Canada say valuation metrics suggest the shares are close to the level Ryanair traded at in 2004/2005 when the Irish carrier was a similar size and was “about to embark on four years of 20pc per year expansion”. Wizz’s management has also been proactive in regards to Brexit, applying for a UK operating licence that could provide some protection in the event of a disastrous EU divorce.

The company has also placed an order for 146 Airbus A320 Neos (taking it to a total of 282 outstanding orders) thanks to its €1bn free cash pile. Owning more planes should over time reduce lease costs. Wizz upped its full-year profit guidance in November and there is potential for the carrier to surprise on the upside again in future years.

CabinCrewe
2nd Jan 2018, 13:38
So not even fortress LTN immune to Wizz UK cuts
London Luton – Brno
London Luton – Szczecin
Gone.

pabely
2nd Jan 2018, 15:38
Happened before for some other under-performing routes, at 3 per week they were hardly strategic. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/276464/wizz-air-london-luton-network-changes-from-jan-2018/

Can't see anything replacing them either.

TBSC
9th Jan 2018, 09:31
Wizz Air announced a base and 17 routes from Vienna, Austria - Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1383179)

pabely
24th Jan 2018, 10:19
Closure of one base whilst VIE opens https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/63561-wizz-air-to-close-prague-base-in-late-2q18

southside bobby
24th Jan 2018, 10:51
First Wizz UK A320 & to be allocated G-WUKA airborne on test flight at the manufacturers yesterday.

pabely
24th Jan 2018, 12:23
G-WUKB & C reserved, not surprisingly. C should be a 321

pabely
31st Jan 2018, 20:18
Winter update http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/296791/wizz-air-winter-carryings-up-24-to-71m

Buster the Bear
11th Feb 2018, 19:55
Globes English - Wizz Air becomes Israel's most popular foreign airline (http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-wizz-air-becomes-israels-most-popular-foreign-airline-1001223256)

Seljuk22
18th Feb 2018, 11:14
Kosice base will be closed in May and flights to Cologne, Tel Aviv and Doncaster will be ceased. Just LTN route to reamain.
https://spectator.sme.sk/c/20756556/wizz-air-is-shutting-down-its-base-in-kosice.html

CCFAIRPORT
21st Feb 2018, 08:49
NEW ROUTE FROM SZCZECIN

Begins 14 May 2018

2pw

Stockholm-Skavsta

VNO base A/C will operate this route

VNO-NYO
NYO-SZZ
SZZ-NYO
NYO-VNO

Seljuk22
23rd Feb 2018, 17:03
Cluj base to be expanded by winter to 7 based aircraft
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/02/22/wizz-air-announces-further-expansion-in-cluj#/

LGS6753
2nd Mar 2018, 07:32
First UK-registered A320 (G-WUKA) currently en route from Budapest to Luton.

Seljuk22
2nd Mar 2018, 16:17
Further expansion of Vienna base with 5 based aircraft starting summer 2019
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/03/02/wizz-air-announces-major-expansion-of-vienna-operations#/

Buster the Bear
2nd Mar 2018, 20:08
Fascinating route network from Vienna, gradually spreading their wings to western European destinations.

LGS6753
3rd Mar 2018, 08:05
They do seem to be moving west, although Vienna is only a few miles from Bratislava.

eu01
4th Mar 2018, 05:03
Only Soviet occupation after WWII had broken strong ties between Hungary and Austria (remember Austro-Hungarian Empire?) and the division between East and West historically didn't exist there. For Wizz Air, a Hungarian airline, the choice of Vienna has been very natural, I guess, and even relatively high charges there didn't prevent it from happening.

Seljuk22
4th Mar 2018, 11:10
Wizz Air will have more than 100 aircraft in their fleet next summer

Budapest 12 (13 starting of May)
Bucharest 10
London 8
Warsaw 8
Sofia 7
Cluj 6 (7 middle of November)
Katowice 6 (7 middle of June)
Gdansk 6
Skopje 4
Vilnius 4
Kiev 3
Belgrade 2
Wroclaw 2
Craiova 2
Poznan 2
Riga 2
Timisoara 2
Tuzla 2
Iasi 1 (2 starting of July)
Kutaisi 1 (2 middle of May)
Sibiu 1 (2 middle of June)
Chisinau 1
Debrecen 1
Varna 1

base closures:
Kosice 1 (middle of May)
Lublin 1 (middle of June)
Prague 1 (middle of June)
Targu Mures 1 (middle of June)

new base:
Vienna 1 (middle of June), 3 (middle/end of Novemebr), 4 (end of February), 5 (summer 2019)

sososo
5th Mar 2018, 14:26
That's a very nice statistic, however SOF is with 7 a/c ISO 8. where did you get that info

Seljuk22
5th Mar 2018, 16:56
That's a very nice statistic, however SOF is with 7 a/c ISO 8. where did you get that info Press release was back in June 2017. Not really mentioned but I thought 22 additional weekly flights justify an additional aircraft?
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2017/06/15/wizz-air-expands-sofia-network-two-new-routes-and-22-additional-weekly-flights#/

sososo
6th Mar 2018, 07:02
Oh yes it justifies. However the 7th aircraft mentioned till IATA W17/18 is a virtual based at SOF with crew only. The a/c flies rotation from LTN and just one to/ from SOF. Starting this summer the 7th will be stationed at SOF with full rotation from/to SOF base. So they are 7 at SOF.

Seljuk22
13th Mar 2018, 18:18
Wizz will receive 21 additional aircraft in the coming 17 weeks until July. The fleet size will grow from current 89 to 110 and 70 new routes to be launched.
Billigflieger Wizz Air startet Expansion - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/wizz-air-expansion/44025)

LGS6753
13th Mar 2018, 21:17
2 Wizzair UK aircraft now at Luton. The first has done a few LTN-BHX-LTN ops.

EK77WNCL
13th Mar 2018, 21:30
I'd be interested to see how far Wizz UK will go. They're used to operating thinner routes, I'd be interested to see if they can plug any gaps that the likes of EZY and FR have left... Although I presume they will stay very much Luton centric

CCFAIRPORT
16th Apr 2018, 11:01
2 NEW ROUTES FROM VIENNA

Eindhoven 2pw (begins july 2nd 2018)
Malaga 3pw (begins july 3Rd 2018)

pabely
22nd Apr 2018, 00:25
They are so common you don't notice but 4th based at LTN now Wizz Air expands Luton fleet | Buying Business Travel (http://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/2128712-wizz-air-expands-luton-fleet)

Buster the Bear
22nd Apr 2018, 18:58
I see that Wizzair will configure their A321Neo with 239 seats!

29Alpha
22nd Apr 2018, 20:28
I see that Wizzair will configure their A321Neo with 239 seats!

Ooh, thomas cook 321's are tight with 220y, breathe in lol

toledoashley
23rd Apr 2018, 06:07
Don't forget this will be based on the version with 2 overwing exits which have a maximum of 240. The current config with no overwing is a maximum of 220.

TBSC
23rd Apr 2018, 09:23
The current (A321ceo) seating is Y230.

Buster the Bear
23rd Apr 2018, 15:00
Wizzair have reportedly bid to take on some of Alitalia, Reuters.

Nakata77
24th Apr 2018, 14:50
Bournemouth needs service to Katowice and Warsaw please

yeo valley
25th Apr 2018, 06:19
Bournemouth needs service to Katowice and Warsaw please

No new services starting from the UK due to brexit.. No one knows what will happen when brexit is here. There is mutterings about a lot of Polish routes dropped or rotations cut.This is right across the board with the big 3 lcc.

LGS6753
25th Apr 2018, 07:53
No new services starting from the UK due to brexit..

...except all those new routes started from Luton this year - Tirana, Bari, Reykjavik, etc etc.

CCFAIRPORT
28th Apr 2018, 13:13
3 NEW ROUTES FROM KIEV ZHULYANY

Berlin (daily) opens july 1st
Frankfurt (daily) opens july 1st
Vienna (daily) Opens october 28th

LGS6753
3rd May 2018, 10:40
From Travel Mole:

Wizz Air granted UK licence (http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?c=setreg&region=2&m_id=s~T_mdT_Y!&w_id=34554&news_id=2032160)

CCFAIRPORT
14th May 2018, 10:03
2nd AIRCRAFT IN DEBRECEN AND 7 NEW ROUTES

BARCELONA
BASEL
DONCASTER
DORTMUND
LARNACA
MALTA-LUQA
PALMA DE MALLORCA

They will increase frequencies on TEL AVIV and BEAUVAIS routes

TBSC
15th May 2018, 06:24
Budapest flyover

compton3bravo
15th May 2018, 06:55
Can't do this in the UK old boy, to dangerous, elf and safety and all that, what a load of bo!!!cks.

AirportPlanner1
15th May 2018, 07:42
Can't do this in the UK old boy, to dangerous, elf and safety and all that, what a load of bo!!!cks.

Your post is a load of bo!!!cks. Sounds like a comment on an ill-informed Daily Mail story.

I suppose this not being done in London is definitely health and safety gone mad rather than Budapest having completely different topography and the Danube being about 50% wider than the Thames and not flanked by tall buildings either side?

You might manage it up the Clyde or Tyne, but I’m not convinced you’ve ever tried organising such an event? Apologies in advance if you have and were knocked back by the H&S police.

SWBKCB
15th May 2018, 08:45
You might manage it up the Clyde or Tyne, but I’m not convinced you’ve ever tried organising such an event? Apologies in advance if you have and were knocked back by the H&S police.

Fly the Tyne (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fly-the-tyne-2018-registration-21448618395)

:ok:

ajamieson
15th May 2018, 14:13
For a truly exhilarating Wizzair experience, try ever departing Luton on time ... or perhaps standing in a cramped gate staircase for 40m with no explanation.

gilesdavies
15th May 2018, 15:35
For a truly exhilarating Wizzair experience, try ever departing Luton on time ... or perhaps standing in a cramped gate staircase for 40m with no explanation.

Or fly from Athens, where they take you out on the bus to the Apron where the aircraft is parked, only to find out the arriving passengers have not finished disembarking the aircraft, and you are locked in the bus when it is 30 celcius with the sun beating down on you by the aircraft for 30-40 mins while the arriving passengers leave the plane and then the cabin crew spend 20-ish mins doing their preparation before they allow you on-board!

LTNman
17th May 2018, 05:02
As has been said many times no one is forced to fly the likes of Wizz or Ryanair but we do because the unaffordable has become affordable or they fly to a more convenient airport.

I stood on a metal staircase for 20 minutes waiting to board, not great but I put up with it as the alternative was not to travel at all.

toledoashley
17th May 2018, 08:36
You can't blame Wizz for wanting quick turns... I've had many similar experiences with EZY, especially at Spanish airports where I have been left waiting for ages on a bus. I'm going to Riga with them in a couple of months - so will be interesting to see what they are like.

Plane.Silly
17th May 2018, 11:12
Obviously trying to compete with Ryanair's 25 min turnarounds. Now THEY are uncomfortable, practically being forced to run to your seat

compton3bravo
17th May 2018, 11:47
Let us not forget the Wizz A321s have 230 seats compared to Ryanair B737s with 189 providing of course there are no empty seats.

Plane.Silly
17th May 2018, 13:49
Let us not forget the Wizz A321s have 230 seats compared to Ryanair B737s with 189 providing of course there are no empty seats.

So thats roughly 20% extra passengers, 20% of 25m = 5m = 30m turnarounds for an A321.

Getting there, slowly, but surely. Why not try follow in the likes of the 'Leisure Loco's'. LS for example with their 235 seat B752's, allow between 50-60 mins for a turnaround. It provides much more breathing room for the pax and probably doesn't cost them 'that much more' to wait around

But as always it's a race to the bottom and I agree with Tango, it's only a matter of time before something serious happens

ajamieson
17th May 2018, 17:50
At LTN it seems intense pressure is put on the poor handling agents at Swissport who often have to greet or dispatch several aircraft in a matter of minutes. In the evenings you will see groups of forlorn pax stuck at the bottom of the gates having been "boarded" in the system but not actually boarded on the aircraft. I understand why, but it's grimmer than Ryanair at STN and that's saying something. Wizzair offers the only evening ex-London departures to many destinations (and the only ex-London departures full stop to others) so it knows it can get away with this.

I notice it has also reintroduced the 1-hour-delay gamble on its website, where if you pay an extra £10 or so you get £100 back if you're an hour late. It takes a genius to make ancillary revenue out of delays! It goes without saying that Wizzair is more likely to make money from this than its customers; last year I flew 11 W6 sectors; only 2 were on time, and the *average* delay on the other 9 was 25 minutes. Welcome to Luton, where you can consistently run late and make even more money!

TBSC
17th May 2018, 18:31
If what I saw last night becomes a standard of boarding they will end up in an injured pax etc..
30 million pax carried in the last 12 months. Any news about thousands of injuries?
There is zero place for the in European airlines .
Again, 30 million pax carried. Your decision came a tad late.

TBSC
17th May 2018, 18:35
At LTN it seems intense pressure is put on the poor handling agents at Swissport who often have to greet or dispatch several aircraft in a matter of minutes.
Wizz is not handled by Swissport in LTN for a while now.

TBSC
17th May 2018, 18:44
Scheduled turnaround is min 30 mins for the 320 and 35 mins for the 321.
Obviously your opinion whether Wizz have place in Europe is perfectly valid based on observations on a single leg.

TBSC
17th May 2018, 19:15
Merely pointing out the things which are factually incorrect. I did not defend the crew you mentioned.

Shamrock350
17th May 2018, 22:06
I must be lucky, out of 32 flights with them last year none of them were late or in any way eventful.

The boarding process is a painful experience I'll admit, this is especially true at Luton with the stairway holding area which becomes seriously uncomfortable after 20 minutes of waiting either in the boiling heat or freezing cold. It's not uncommon for them to call for boarding while the inbound aircraft is still over half an hour away. In most cases half the passengers are processed before the holding pen/stairway becomes full and those with priority boarding are pushed up against the fire exit and windows. Other airlines are guilty of this process but Wizz appear the worst offenders.

The actual physical boarding of the aircraft always seems very orderly, there's always enough room in the overhead lockers, passengers take their seats quickly and there's very little seat swapping or lingering in the aisle, it's usually a far better experience than Ryanair or other low cost carriers of similar calibre. I've never had a problem with crew or their professionalism either, most of my flights are operated by Lithuanian or Polish based crews so are well established with Wizz and have plenty of experience at this point but I'd hazard a guess that Wizz UK or staff at newer bases are inexperienced, rushed and potentially trained with a "learn on the job" attitude thrusted upon them.

All flights on time, crew are usually well groomed and professional but not exactly friendly, flight crew informative and aircraft are spotless and comfortable. Experience on the ground varies from average to horrendous depending on the handler, Luton and Budapest being horrendous and Vilnius being average.

racedo
17th May 2018, 22:54
Flown with them a lot, no real issues.

Only airline I have been mega delayed and got an EU261 payment for..................... which used for more flights with them.

Plane.Silly
18th May 2018, 06:53
I notice it has also reintroduced the 1-hour-delay gamble on its website, where if you pay an extra £10 or so you get £100 back if you're an hour late. It takes a genius to make ancillary revenue out of delays! It goes without saying that Wizzair is more likely to make money from this than its customers; last year I flew 11 W6 sectors; only 2 were on time, and the *average* delay on the other 9 was 25 minutes. Welcome to Luton, where you can consistently run late and make even more money!

As daft as it sounds, it's a genius idea. Now just need to wait for other airlines to introduce it and we'll all be rich :)
(just a shame it's WIZZ credit, not cash :( )

eu01
18th May 2018, 10:04
Making conclusions about the delays (waiting etc.) can be somewhat one-sided if observed in big airports only. Recently have flown with them several times from a smallish airport to an even smaller one, all flights ahead of schedule, no disappointments.

Seljuk22
24th May 2018, 17:32
Full year results
http://cdn.static.wizzair.com/static/downloads/IPO/2018/3/RNS_F18_FINAL.pdf
http://cdn.static.wizzair.com/static/downloads/IPO/2018/2/FY18_Presentation_FINAL_UK.pdf

Seljuk22
4th Jun 2018, 17:44
Next milestone: Wizz Air received its 100th aircraft
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/06/04/wizz-air-fleet-reaches-100-aircraft

TBSC
18th Jun 2018, 10:07
New routes from Luton: Tromso, Verona, Grenoble an Eilat (starting OCT/DEC).

EI-BUD
18th Jun 2018, 10:45
Tromso is a brave and outside the box development, there doesn't seem to be a good track record of non Scandinavian airlines companies on routes to Norway and Sweden...

agent.oen
28th Jun 2018, 08:13
Wizz Air pilots,

I'm looking for a responsible and honest contact to PM me to help me out with some questions I have regarding the company. I'm an FO with 5500hrs total time and B737 rated (not RYR pilot). If there is a good Samaritan out there, please PM me.
Thanks

pabely
28th Jun 2018, 10:39
Tromso is a brave and outside the box development, there doesn't seem to be a good track record of non Scandinavian airlines companies on routes to Norway and Sweden...

You must mean excluding Stockholm surely! Ryanair and Easyjet exist on the route from London?

compton3bravo
3rd Jul 2018, 07:25
More impressive figures from Wizz. A total of 3,029,121 passengers travelled in June up 21.8 per cent on the corresponding month last year with the load factor 93.3 per cent up one per cent. The rolling 12 month figure is 31,055,268 up 23.2 per cent with the load factor 91.6 per cent up one per cent also.

AirportPlanner1
3rd Jul 2018, 10:42
You must mean excluding Stockholm surely! Ryanair and Easyjet exist on the route from London?

And Oslo area, where Ryanair have had a good operation for the last 20+ years

RND20
5th Jul 2018, 13:33
Birmingham - Cluj starting December 16th 2018

compton3bravo
31st Jul 2018, 20:08
A ninth aircraft is to join Wizz Air UK this winter. A new daily service Lisbon is to start at the end of October with a three times weekly service Kharkov in Ukraine subject to the necessary approval. Increased frequencies to Tirana, Pristina and Satu Mare will make a total of 14 extra weekly flights

CCFAIRPORT
6th Aug 2018, 11:27
11 NEW ROUTES

Prishtina to Basel
Prishtina to Memmingen.
Prishtina to Dortmund
Tirana to Dortmund
Warsaw to Vienna
Budapest to Doncaster
Craiova to Charleroi
Lviv to Vilnius
Kharkiv to Bratislava
Kharkhiv to Wroclaw
Kharkiv to Gdansk

alm1
6th Aug 2018, 11:43
And for all these new routes there are canceled routes or reduced freequences to accomodate them.

compton3bravo
7th Aug 2018, 07:07
If you didn't know alm1 that is the nature of a low cost carriers business. If routes are not performing as they expect drop or reduce frequencies and try somewhere else.

alm1
7th Aug 2018, 16:09
There is fine distinction when routes are discontinued and when they are on sale and then get canceled when lots of people have already bought tickets. Wizz always does later. And they do not send notification immediately, they wait till 2 moths till departure.

If I didn't look at my account, I would think I still have Christmas flights from Vilnius to Rome. But that route got canceled with many others to make room for flights from Vilnius to Marrakesh and to move one aircraft elsewhere. My account showed that I have flights to London instead with the suggestion to accept this little change. Oh, and the new route from Vilnius to Marrakesh is now canceled too before even starting after people bought tickets (obviously too little of them), so now is Vilnius to Lviv on sale. And many other routes get time changed when they make these changes.

They also just remove frequencies mid week outside of peak season (like in September, October) on non performing routes with just several weeks notice keeping aircraft on ground to save costs, passengers with tickets be damned.

They to this all the time. And they still manage to get away with simple refunds as Ryanair already has been forced to add clauses about rebooking on other airlines to their policy and notifies customers about such possibility.

pee
7th Aug 2018, 17:14
Unfortunately this is a typical attitude for many LCCs, I think Wizz used to be a bit more reliable in that regard, but it doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Lithuania will get a new connection, though. Flights between Kaunas and Turku will start in November, twice weekly.

alm1
7th Aug 2018, 18:09
Lithuania will get a new connection, though. Flights between Kaunas and Turku will start in November, twice weekly.

This will be operated by Gdansk based plane. So as result of this development, those who have already booked to fly this winter between Gdansk and Kristiansand on Mondays and Fridays will have to choose between Wednesdays and Sundays. Or more likely this will be changed a few more times by then.

alm1
7th Aug 2018, 18:25
The problem I have with Wizz Air that they do not assign any value to passengers plans. They must have been planing a new route for weeks if not months, but up to yesterday they were selling old schedule, only today just before announcement they have reshuffled other flights to accommodate a new one.

CCFAIRPORT
9th Aug 2018, 09:43
Budapest to Eilat
Sofia to Eilat

Both 2 weekly starting NOV 2018

CCFAIRPORT
30th Aug 2018, 09:02
5 new routes

Kiev-Zhulyani to
Billund
Bremen
riga

Lviv to
Copenhagen
Hahn

All starts March 2019 excluding Hahn in DEC 18

Seljuk22
30th Aug 2018, 17:16
4th aircraft will be based at Kiev and Bremen is a new destination in the network
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/08/30/wizz-air-announces-further-expansion-in-ukraine#/

TBSC
18th Sep 2018, 18:03
Poznan base will be closed at the end of the winter season. By then Wizz will have 4 polish bases (WAW/KTW/GDN/WRO with 8/7/7/2 aircraft).

CCFAIRPORT
19th Sep 2018, 08:26
3 new Routes

Gdansk - Bremen
Gdansk - Kutaisi
Gdansk - Oslo G.

All begins April 2019

eu01
10th Oct 2018, 16:16
Dear Wizz Air customer,
Please be aware of important changes to our cabin baggage allowancethat may affect your Wizz Air flight. These changes, which we believe will increase your choice and flexibility, go into effect as of 1 November.

Carry-on items
First, some things are not changing: As always, you can still take onboard for free a carry-on bag, like a lady’s handbag, laptop bag or small backpack (sized 40x30x20cm) which can fit under the seat.

Main cabin baggage allowance changes

Only WIZZ Priority customers can have a trolley bag (of max. size 55x40x23cm) which they can also bring onboard.
For checked bags, we are introducing a new 10kg bag size in addition to our 20 and 32kg options.

These changes affect all Wizz Air flights from 1 November 2018.
From 1st November? What a coincidence! Wizz and FR like two siblings, apparently.

TBSC
21st Nov 2018, 11:08
Krakow base from April with flights to OSL, CTA, BRI, BLL, TKU, LTN, IEV, DSA, NCE, LCA, KUT, HRK.

CCFAIRPORT
22nd Nov 2018, 11:28
Budapest - London Gatwick (daily)
Budapest - Oslo G. (4pw)

Opens MARCH and APRIL 2019

davidjohnson6
25th Nov 2018, 19:36
With Russia-Ukraine tensions now rising again, anyone have thoughts as to whether Wizz will keep Kharkiv open or decide it should be dropped ?

Seljuk22
26th Nov 2018, 17:08
Last week these were the news (and 5 days later could be all changed)
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2018/11/21/wizz-air-gears-up-for-expansion-in-ukraine#/

CCFAIRPORT
27th Nov 2018, 12:10
NEW ROUTES

Bucharest to Castellon
Bucharest to Memmingen / Munich West

Opens April 2019

alm1
27th Nov 2018, 20:23
Memmingen airport will be closed for 3 weeks for runway works in September. Wizz Air do not want to know anything about it - still sells flighs, even adds new ones with availability during those weeks. Ryanair had cut sales on the first day airport announcement was made.
Still interesting whether Wizz will suspend flights too or move to MUC or Friedrichshafen. But we will have to wait at least 6 moths till they decide.

CCFAIRPORT
12th Dec 2018, 09:52
6 NEW ROUTES FROM VARNA

Berlin SXF
Cologne / Bonn
Copenhagen
Hamburg
Liverpool
Paris BVA

Opens July 2019

CCFAIRPORT
20th Dec 2018, 09:01
Katowice - Fuerteventura

1pw

Begins 25/04/2019

eu01
20th Dec 2018, 12:56
Some other announcements went unnoticed, let's mention them now.
Routes from Luton to Bergen, Thessaloniki, Turku and Porto will begin in July. Flights LTN to Catania and Oslo will start in September.
Thanks to WizzAir Turku is set to overpass Tampere and Lappeenranta in the low cost apt sector in Finland

Buster the Bear
20th Dec 2018, 19:55
Cluj-Gatwick as well.

compton3bravo
3rd Jan 2019, 07:23
A total of 2,660,104 passengers flew with the airline December up 18.3% on December 2017. The load factor was 88.8% up 1.3%. Rolling 12 month figure is 33,814,122 with load factor of 92.4%.

Seljuk22
3rd Jan 2019, 17:05
Current fleet size now 106 aircraft, +18 compared to 2017.

Buster the Bear
3rd Jan 2019, 21:17
Current fleet size now 106 aircraft, +18 compared to 2017.

Does that include Wizz UK?

pabely
4th Jan 2019, 09:44
Does that include Wizz UK?
Yes, I believe so.

CCFAIRPORT
8th Jan 2019, 09:35
Bucharest - Santander

2pw opens 23/04/2019

CCFAIRPORT
14th Jan 2019, 09:25
New routes from Skopje

Karlsruhe / Baden
Bremen
Larnaca
Turku

New routes from Ohrid

Malmö
Milan /MXP
Memmingen
Dortmund

CCFAIRPORT
16th Jan 2019, 09:11
Memmingen / Munich West to Tirana

2pw (We/Su)

Begins 1st Sept.

alm1
16th Jan 2019, 09:33
Memmingen / Munich West to Tirana

2pw (We/Su)

Begins 1st Sept.

Still adding more flights during weeks when Memmingen airport will be closed.

Buster the Bear
16th Jan 2019, 19:42
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-economy/2620551-wizz-air-stops-selling-tickets-for-kharkivlondon-flights-due-to-low-demand.html

alm1
17th Jan 2019, 07:46
https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-economy/2620551-wizz-air-stops-selling-tickets-for-kharkivlondon-flights-due-to-low-demand.html

Yes, Wizz are canceling lots of routes. They recently stopped selling VNO-WAW, GDN, AGA, FCO, NYO, GOT, BRI. Last four were removed from sales last week.

racedo
17th Jan 2019, 17:18
Yes, Wizz are canceling lots of routes. They recently stopped selling VNO-WAW, GDN, AGA, FCO, NYO, GOT, BRI. Last four were removed from sales last week.

Ukrainians in UK are not like the Poles post 2004 looking to go back and forth visiting family. They have little or no desire to be going back, espeecially those with teenage sons because of concerns they may be rounded up for conscription.

There are now 2 million plus Ukrainians in Poland.

Seljuk22
17th Jan 2019, 17:47
3rd A320 for Timisoara and 4 new routes starting September
https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/about-us/news/2019/01/17/wizz-air-expands-in-timisoara#/

Seljuk22
17th Jan 2019, 17:55
Yes, Wizz are canceling lots of routes. They recently stopped selling VNO-WAW, GDN, AGA, FCO, NYO, GOT, BRI. Last four were removed from sales last week. Does this mean there are no longer 4 aircraft based at VNO?

alm1
17th Jan 2019, 20:29
Does this mean there are no longer 4 aircraft based at VNO?

It was supposed to go back to 4 for summer season but this was changed last week. Now they have nice full schedule for 3 aircraft and some bogus flights (8 extra rotations for additional 2 aircraft) from old schedule that their inept scheduling department forgot to remove after schedule change.

compton3bravo
18th Jan 2019, 08:30
All low cost carriers cancel routes alm1 just the name of the game. I don't think you can single out Wizz but by what you have written before you seem to have a grudge against Wizz me thinks.

alm1
18th Jan 2019, 11:09
All low cost carriers cancel routes alm1 just the name of the game. I don't think you can single out Wizz but by what you have written before you seem to have a grudge against Wizz me thinks.

I might be to negative nowadays. I've flown them over 100 times since 2004 and had no big issues, even had their usefull PrivilegePass at one point.
Still I think Wizz Air stand out - they change schedulles a lot more frequently and have more errors in them than any other airline.

davidjohnson6
20th Jan 2019, 18:27

Is London-Kharkiv the only route out of Kharkiv doing badly ? One day before this route cut announcement, a senior Russian Govt official said Ukraine 'might lose its statehood' which is possible diplomatic speak for 'Russia might invade'. Wizz pulled out of Donetsk a few months before peace turned to war there... wouldn't be surprised if Wizz were getting nervous right now about continuing to fly to Kharkiv...

jdcg
21st Jan 2019, 08:05
Well anything could happen with this Russian Gov but also there doesn't seem much touristic draw to Kharkiv in contrast to Lviv and Kiev and I can't imagine it's that easy for Ukrainians to get easy access in the current climate

Mallorcaguy
21st Jan 2019, 13:40
As someone who has relatives in various parts of Ukraine I might see things a bit differently, when Wizz first announced routes from Kharkiv we were surprised as Kharkov isn't really a tourist destination like Lviv or Kyiv, granted it is a gorgeous city but not one I would visit more than once. From what I have been able to find out from family and friends in Kharkiv the London route is very hit and miss, there have never been any full flights or even 3/4 full flights in either direction, however when I flew Luton to Lviv and return at the end of October / beginning of November both flights where full with no empty seats at all, when I commented to a member of cabin crew she said it was usually like that to Lviv or Kyiv, she said it was very rare if a flight was less than 1/2 full. As I have already said Kharkiv is not a tourist city it's a bit like Mykolayiv not many people have heard about it because it's not a tourist place.

flyboy400
25th Jan 2019, 08:36
hi guys, how long after the sim assessment did you get a reply from wizz if you were sucessful or not, when you interviewed for a pilot position?

Buster the Bear
25th Jan 2019, 18:33
Wizz applied for lots of Gatwick slots, but have only picked up those obtained from Wow.

BHX5DME
25th Jan 2019, 19:46
Wizz applied for 168 weekly slots from LGW

CabinCrewe
25th Jan 2019, 21:07
presumably to transfer lots of routes from LTN?

pabely
26th Jan 2019, 12:12
presumably to transfer lots of routes from LTN?
I doubt it, firstly Wizzair are No.1 at Luton with a large based crew now, second, giving up any slots at Luton, especially by based aircraft, will get taken straight away by someone else. With the shear number of new aircraft arriving, it makes good business sence to compliment existing London routes. They will know demand and only goes to prove their routes are strong.

BHX5DME
26th Jan 2019, 13:35
No - Gatwick was additional services, Luton would remain as now

racedo
26th Jan 2019, 13:46
No - Gatwick was additional services, Luton would remain as now

In light of Brexit it will be intersting to see what is announced.

Matt4
26th Jan 2019, 15:34
I wonder why Wizz hasn’t started any routes from NCL yet I think they could be quite successful

SWBKCB
26th Jan 2019, 15:36
I wonder why Wizz hasn’t started any routes from NCL yet I think they could be quite successful

What makes you think that?

Matt4
26th Jan 2019, 16:54
With Newcastle having quite a big polish community and with Ryanair ending their Warsaw Modlin route just thinking they could give it a go

AirportPlanner1
27th Jan 2019, 15:14
Everywhere has a relatively big Polish population...you need to look strategically. With Wizz having quite a hub down the road at DSA along Ryanair and Wizz also offering a few routes out of GLA/PIK where does Newcastle fit in?

sinbad73
27th Jan 2019, 15:37
Everywhere has a relatively big Polish population...you need to look strategically. With Wizz having quite a hub down the road at DSA along Ryanair and Wizz also offering a few routes out of GLA/PIK where does Newcastle fit in?

W6 left PIK for GLA long ago.

SWBKCB
27th Jan 2019, 17:03
Relatively speaking, the Polish community in Newcastle isn't that big.

Jet 2 operate to Krakow and Ryanair continue operate to Gdansk and Wroclaw - presumably that covers whats needed, hence RYR dropping Warsaw.

racedo
27th Jan 2019, 18:34
Relatively speaking, the Polish community in Newcastle isn't that big.

Jet 2 operate to Krakow and Ryanair continue operate to Gdansk and Wroclaw - presumably that covers whats needed, hence RYR dropping Warsaw.

Poles who came here in 2004-2008 have settled, had family / kids, therefore Weekend trips, holidays and Christmas are times they will go back a lot but rest of the year its work and school. The fact that less people have come from Poland since June 2016 also has an impact as the newcomers tend to go back a lot in the early years.

southside bobby
30th Jan 2019, 09:22
WizzAir reporting net profit down 88% in the 3rd quarter blame includes fuel prices & temporary softer forward bookings due the B subject

Maintains full year guidance.

CCFAIRPORT
1st Feb 2019, 19:49
6 new routes from Kutaisi

Bari
Basel
Brussels / CRL
Copenhagen
Eindhoven
Tallinn

All starts August 2019

racedo
2nd Feb 2019, 12:36
6 new routes from Kutaisi

Bari
Basel
Brussels / CRL
Copenhagen
Eindhoven
Tallinn
All starts August 2019
:D:ok:

Shared with some Irish football mates who will be in Tblisi in October, followed by Switzerland (venue not known yet). He went on this morning and added me to the list going, (may not attend) but they booked 8 seats and had change from £200 or as he put it a couple of rounds in Tblisi / a single beer in Switzerland.

As the route they were looking at involved a stop in Turkey and £150 a head he well pleased.

alm1
2nd Feb 2019, 20:48
:D:ok:

Shared with some Irish football mates who will be in Tblisi in October, followed by Switzerland (venue not known yet). He went on this morning and added me to the list going, (may not attend) but they booked 8 seats and had change from £200 or as he put it a couple of rounds in Tblisi / a single beer in Switzerland.

As the route they were looking at involved a stop in Turkey and £150 a head he well pleased.

Wizz for allows to book seats without specifying fellow passenger names. Who is going can be entered a few hours before flight. 10 eur per name per flight.

racedo
8th Feb 2019, 21:06
Interesting conversation with some Wizzair crew who happened to be at same airport I was at, they delayed and we all in coffee shop and knew some mutual friends.

They Katowice based and senior guy said Wizzair opened up base in Krakow because Ryanair requesting slots and planned to base 8 aircraft at Katowice.

mart901
9th Feb 2019, 05:08
Interesting conversation with some Wizzair crew who happened to be at same airport I was at, they delayed and we all in coffee shop and knew some mutual friends.

They Katowice based and senior guy said Wizzair opened up base in Krakow because Ryanair requesting slots and planned to base 8 aircraft at Katowice.

That's the way the world works. Retail stores and coffee shops open branches in locations and will in some cases trade them at a loss to protect them from the competition.
Its not really vastly different from selling seats at a huge loss to drive out competition.

​​​​​​

CCFAIRPORT
18th Feb 2019, 10:02
2 new routes from Castellon

Budapest (2pw) begins 16th june 2019
Katowice (2pw) begins 17th june 2019

CCFAIRPORT
20th Feb 2019, 13:41
GDANSK - BODO

2PW

BEGINS MAY 2019

mariofly12
20th Feb 2019, 20:18
2 new routes from Kiev-Zhulyany
Thessaloniki (2w) Mon, Fri from 20 MAY
Athens (2w) Tue,Sat from 21 MAY

Buster the Bear
23rd Feb 2019, 12:36
Wizz Air to expand in Poland: report - Radio Poland :: News from Poland (http://www.thenews.pl/1/12/Artykul/407863,Wizz-Air-to-expand-in-Poland-report)

alm1
23rd Feb 2019, 17:55
Wizz Air decided to move all fights from Memmingen to Friedrichshafen airport during 3 weeks in September when Memmingen airport will be closed for runway repairs.

mariofly12
23rd Feb 2019, 20:50
I read the article about Wizzair's expansion in Poland and i am hoping they'll grow to be no2 after LOT but where would Wizz move to if Chopin gets too crowded and restricted by capacity? What's the situation like with Modlin? If that closes where would Ryanair move to also? It's gonna be a long time before the new Warsaw airport is built and until that time these issues need to be addressed

eu01
24th Feb 2019, 06:58
They consider three airports there: WMI (Modlin), RDO (Radom) and LCJ (Lodz). Modlin is "politically incorrect" meaning that it is not controlled by the ruling party and therefore its development plans are on hold. Limiting WMI potential causes some operational problems and it became more or less saturated by Ryanair. Second option is Radom, apt not quite ready to become a full hub yet but favored by the government (politics again), situated over 100 km from Warsaw. While Radom is a smallish town with 200 thousand inhabitants, Lodz is much bigger with some 700,000 people in the proper city, still under-served in terms of amount of flights and destinations. Thus, despite the distance over 130km from Warsaw, Varadi seems to consider LCJ seriously, if not decisively preferring this option as yet.

TBSC
25th Feb 2019, 22:03
The first Wizz 321neo had her maiden flight today in Hamburg, to be delivered in March as HA-LVA (together with HA-LVB).
https://www.planespotters.net/photo/927389/d-ayam-wizz-air-airbus-a321-271nx

Falcon666
26th Feb 2019, 07:35
The first Wizz 321neo had her maiden flight today in Hamburg, to be delivered in March as HA-LVA (together with HA-LVB).
https://www.planespotters.net/photo/927389/d-ayam-wizz-air-airbus-a321-271nx
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/282757/wizz-air-plans-a321neo-budapest-service-from-march-2019/

This is the planned schedule.

davidjpowell
27th Feb 2019, 21:12
Booked my first Wizz flight tonight. Did not enjoy the experience at all. Hope the flights are better. I am at least flying from Doncaster, so not staring the Luton experience in the face also...

compton3bravo
28th Feb 2019, 07:44
Oh dear David you poor thing, it sounded like hell on earth. For God's sake get a life, you are only booking an air ticket!

Buster the Bear
6th Mar 2019, 17:15
https://blueswandaily.com/wizz-air-and-saint-petersburg-pulkovo-airport-discuss-possibility-of-london-service/