PDA

View Full Version : BMI Regional-3

Pages : [1] 2

CVTDog
31st Aug 2017, 15:24
Any idea why G-RJXC it came into CVT instead of BHX from Gothenburg this morning - then a short hop back to BHX ? Just had the heads up I am delayed from Graz tonight

EastMids
31st Aug 2017, 15:48
It didn't - Coventry doesn't have the facilities to handle IFR traffic or large commercial aircraft anymore. Just FlightRadar getting into a tizz again, which it is sometimes prone to do from time to time.

BAladdy
25th Sep 2017, 19:05
BM appear to have leased a CRJ200 for Backbone Aviation. The aircraft OY-RJC has been operating on behalf of BM from BRS since 20th September.

Chidken Sangwich
25th Sep 2017, 20:48
This Aircraft belongs to Global Reach Aviation, not Backbone.

Rumour_Jay
9th Oct 2017, 18:16
I can't find the article but I'm sure I read that bmi are stopping the BRE-TLS-BRE route..

BAladdy
9th Oct 2017, 18:43
Flights not available to book from 27OCT17

Chidken Sangwich
9th Oct 2017, 19:35
Aircraft re-deployed on MUC routes increasing the MUC base to 4 Aircraft.

Bristol_Traveller
17th Oct 2017, 09:01
From a quick look at flight schedules, it looks like BRS-BRU is transferring to be operated by BM, and codeshared to SN. Flight numbers are changing to BM200x and SN443x.

That's a bit of a blow, because then it officially removes the last Star Alliance member from BRS, and with it the ability to earn/spend FF miles.

It's possible I've misread it though.

Severn
17th Oct 2017, 09:14
Not all hope lost BT...

(Taken from ch-aviation)
bmi regional set to assume two Brussels Airlines' routes

With the onset of the Winter 2017/18 season, bmi regional (BM) will begin servicing two Belgium-UK/Germany routes that are currently operated for Brussels Airlines (SN) on a wet-lease basis.

ch-aviation analysis of schedule data shows that effective October 29, the UK regional carrier will start operating 6x weekly flights from Brussels National to each of Bristol Int'l and Nuremberg under its own flight codes and numbers and using its own ERJ-145s. Brussels Airlines will continue to codeshare on the services. Overall, bmi regional will operate up to four daily services between Brussels and Bristol in cooperation with its Belgian partner given three remaining ERJ-145 operated services will continue to operate under Brussels Airlines flight numbers as a wet-lease.

yeo valley
17th Oct 2017, 17:32
With the route being operated by bm and a SN code share,is this I wonder to do with brexit with the possibility of lower pax loads

TartinTon
17th Oct 2017, 20:13
yeo valley...care to expand on your thinking? Same aircraft..same operator..same routes and frequency...not sure what your point is?

yeo valley
18th Oct 2017, 08:38
the point is what changes are there going to be when brexit kicks in. If it is not good for some routes or airlines I'm wondering if SN is passing the uncertainly on to BMI if the route will not work. There is bound to be less pax on the brussels route from almost every UK airports. It would be nice if we could find out the pax numbers with connections to the EU.

Bristol_Traveller
19th Oct 2017, 10:17
I feel all the UK to BRU routes will suffer post Brexit. I'm aware that a reasonable about of traffic on those routes is people going to EU institutions on corporate fares. There's bound to be a question about whether that will be sustained in the future.

That said, properly marketed, BRU (and FRA and MUC) should be hubs to rival AMS. It just needs LH Group to market it well and with competitive fares. And work out what to do to encourage *A frequent fliers to use the route, even though BM isn't in *A.

virginblue
19th Oct 2017, 13:53
Well, the plan could very well be not to spread *A traffic across three or four hubs from the UK if P2P is weak, but focus on one of them, depending on the traffic patterns.

harriewillem
19th Oct 2017, 15:27
This will mean that BMI will take the commercial risk on the route from now, big change this.....

Bristol_Traveller
19th Oct 2017, 16:07
I think it's a pretty modest risk. BRS-BRU has operated for years, and survived the Sabena fiasco, so I assume it's basically profitable. Brexit is certainly a risk though.

virginblue: BRS-BRU was the only route operated by a Star Alliance airline, so after 29OCT there won't be any more *A traffic to BRS. SN and LH will continue to codeshare on the BRU/FRA/MUC routes, and issue tickets across them, but it will be outside the *A network.

dboy
19th Oct 2017, 16:20
Can somebody tell me what *A network means?

What about the ema-bru and sxb-bru, are those staying sn flights operated by BMI?

Cazza_fly
19th Oct 2017, 16:34
Star Alliance member airlines.

dboy
19th Oct 2017, 16:45
So that is it?

If it flies with Brussels flight numbers, wet leasing the aircraft on behalf SN, i dont see the catch, or even the difference with now.

canberra97
19th Oct 2017, 17:46
dboy

There are no wet leases involved it's just basically BMI taking over the route in it's entirety with an added SN flight number.

cornishsimon
19th Oct 2017, 18:08
Surely BMIr know the traffic numbers on the route and must have a good idea if they can make it work or not ?

harriewillem
19th Oct 2017, 20:06
If it was making money Why would SN let it go... fir BMI it might be The best way to controle damage this way..

A320.b744
20th Oct 2017, 01:39
Brussels Airlines are ending their lease contract with bmi Regional (they did the same with Flybe earlier this year). All thin routes are to be operated by Cityjet's SJ100, which has twice the capacity of an ERJ145. The only viable option was to scrap the route and codeshare with BM, unless they wanted to operate the route at a loss using the SJ100. SN have done the same with Nuremberg, which was also an SN destination operated by BM. It is also worth noting that both NCL and EMA are already operated by BM, with SN codesharing on the flights.

TartinTon
20th Oct 2017, 13:58
Not sure where you get your info from A320.B744 but you appear to be talking out of your backside. You will no doubt notice that next summer the route is still operating under an SN flight number with a BM codeshare..wonder why that would be?

A320.b744
20th Oct 2017, 14:25
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/60605-bmi-regional-set-to-assume-two-brussels-airlines-routes

bmi Regional assumes selected brussels airlines service in W17 :: Routesonline (http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/275289/bmi-regional-assumes-selected-brussels-airlines-service-in-w17/)

BRS and NUE will no longer be operated on behalf of SN, but will join EMA and NCL to be operated with an SN codeshare.

Chidken Sangwich
20th Oct 2017, 15:00
Brussels Airlines are ending their lease contract with bmi Regional (they did the same with Flybe earlier this year). All thin routes are to be operated by Cityjet's SJ100, which has twice the capacity of an ERJ145.

Winter 17/18 season
SN2639/40 HAJ - ERJ145
SN2633/34 HAJ - ERJ145
SN3195/36 TRN - ERJ145

Contract ended?

TartinTon
20th Oct 2017, 17:08
Exactly Chidken...A320...I think you've read the two articles and made your own conclusion. In this case 2+2=5. It's a one season arrangement that suits both sides.

RioNQY
21st Oct 2017, 15:10
I sometimes use BRS-BRU for work and always feel somewhat "mugged" given the prices on the route, even though work pays (in fact last time I carried on up to LHR and flew with BA for less than a quarter of the cost), so I've always imagined that they were raking it in on that route unless I was one of the only point to point passengers/muggins.

Bristol_Traveller
22nd Oct 2017, 23:08
"Operating Airline"

bmi is already the operating airline for EMA-BRU and NCL-BRU.

Currently the operating airline for BRS-BRU is SN Brussels, but they wetlease a bmi aircraft to operate it. From the 29OCT, bmi will become the operating airline for BRS-BRU.

bmi and SN already have a mutual codesharing agreement, ex-UK. That means the current BRS-BRU route has a bmi codeshare. As of 29OCT that will become an SN codeshare. It'll be the same aircraft and crew, but working for bmi, not SN.

As the "operating airline" (bmi) is not a member of Star Alliance, then Star Alliance benefits (like earning/redeeming miles, lounge access, through tagged bags, fast lane security, additional bags for status customers) will end.

Another side effect of bmi becoming operating airline for BRS-BRU, is that although the SN-BM codeshare arrangement will continue, the SN-LH codeshare arrangement will end, so unless BM re-instate that codeshare with LH directly, it will no longer be possible to book BRS-BRU as part of a LH itinerary. (The BRS-FRA/MUC flights will continue to be BM operated with LH codeshares).

For me, as a Star Alliance Frequent Flier, and a Lufthansa flyer, the change of operating airline from SN Brussels to bmi is going to be quite a negative change for BRS.

BAladdy
28th Oct 2017, 23:59
BM flights from BHX to NUE are no longer available to book from 04DEC17. Does anyone know if BM are planning to replace NUE with a new destination?.

Xavi22
29th Oct 2017, 09:58
Loadfactor wasn't that good, average of 19 PAX per flight.

Bristol_Traveller
31st Oct 2017, 20:20
BHX-NUE seemed to be targeted at the automotive industry - probably JLR and their suppliers. It seemed like one of those long shot routes that could have been super profitable even on 20pax per day. When it started to appear on bmi's 'super offers', I felt it was a sign that it wasn't working out.

As long as bmi are smart to make them low commitment routes and get out of them before they go horribly red, it's probably as a reasonable strategy to give them a go. You're certainly not going to win going up against EZY/FR in a price war for bucket-n-spade or mainstream commuter traffic.

Bristol_Traveller
21st Nov 2017, 07:16
It seems that the mysterious transfer of operating airline of BRS-BRU from SN to BM on 29OCT becomes even more mysterious. It's switching back to being SN operated, using BM aircraft, from 25MAR18.

So, what on earth gives here? It seems a tremendous upheaval to switch operating airline for the W17 timetable, only to switch it back at S18. Bear in mind, same aircraft, same crew, same timetable.

The only possible reason I can find is that it looks like (some) aircraft are working BRS-BRU-EMA-BRU-BRS - and I've worked that out because today's EMA-BRU is delayed with the knock-on that BRU-BRS is delayed.

But as someone who booked a BRS-BRU-BRS flight using the LH codeshare (which fell off when it got swapped to BM, and caused me massive headaches trying to get it reticketed - and now I can't get lounge access at BRU as a Star Gold, because the operating airline is BM), it's a tremendous disruption.

Bristol_Traveller
21st Nov 2017, 07:27
Addition to last post.

It seems the last couple of days, instead of working BRS-BRU-BRS, the BRS aircraft has been working BRS-BRU-EMA-BRU-BRS, both morning and evening. The BRU-EMA-BRU-BRS sectors have been delayed by around 2 - 2.5 hours. This seems to suggest that BM are an aircraft down, and just managing to sneak everyone in under the 3 hours time limit.

Harry Wayfarers
21st Nov 2017, 09:04
I had the misfortune to experience working for BMI Regional in their 'Business Air' days and operating on a shoestring schedule is the one thing that I remember them for.

caaardiff
21st Nov 2017, 19:04
Commercial reasons to do with the lease agreement.

it's a tremendous disruption.

I don't think not being able to put your feet up in a lounge can be classed as "tremendous disruption", more a minor inconvenience. Re-ticketing shouldn't have been a huge issue for LH to sort either.

TartinTon
21st Nov 2017, 20:49
Harry Wayfarers..a long, long time ago and many owners ago....different company and owners now...I worked for BA many years ago when they actually gave a monkeys about their staff! Unfortunately I also witnessed the start of the demise under Ayling. How things have changed.....

Harry Wayfarers
22nd Nov 2017, 02:14
A tin pot outfit in ABZ is hardly a 'BA' and a while back reading on the web some same managers are still in situ up there thus the village shop mentality shall remain, that's the only airline they've ever worked for, they don't know how do do it any differently.

Bristol_Traveller
22nd Nov 2017, 21:22
Re-ticketing shouldn't have been a huge issue for LH to sort either.

You'd think so, wouldn't you. But no, it was a major undertaking involving UA, SN, LH and BM. If you use BM as part of a complex intercontinental itin, it's not simple.

On the subject of lounge access, the lounge staff at BRU were fairly weary of explaining to Star Gold members why they could no longer access the lounge, despite nothing apparently changing to the flight except the flight number changing. Maybe some communication to passengers (or even BMs own call centre staff) would have helped that.

Then there's the problem of Star Alliance redemptions (or earning) suddenly disappearing. And the LH codeshare numbers falling off the route, so it couldn't be rebooked on tickets valid only for LH but not SN or BM.

I think if you feel that switching the operating airline has a trivial effect, you probably are under estimating it.

Fly757X
10th Dec 2017, 17:44
BM flights from BHX to NUE are no longer available to book from 04DEC17. Does anyone know if BM are planning to replace NUE with a new destination?.

Possibly would look at BHX-LDY-BHX. This would make economic sense considering multiple positioning flights happen a month between the Mainland and Northern Ireland. Ryanair previously operated the route with great success but felt they needed to pivot the growth elsewhere. There is also plenty of local demand here in Londonderry and it is well known within the local community.

Bristol_Traveller
19th Dec 2017, 19:47
Being reported that TopBonus (the frequent flier plan that was closely associated, previously spun off from, the now-defunct Air Berlin) has signed up bmi as a new airline partner.

Flights need to be booked via a special URL (https://www.flybmi.com/topbonus) to earn 2,000 miles per flight.

More interesting that the URL is flybmi.com, not bmiregional.com.

I wonder how much LH Group and Miles & More will care.

BAladdy
20th Dec 2017, 19:58
The timetable on BM’s website is showing the following 2 x weekly service operating from 28JAN. Flights showing as operating through S18. However flights not yet available to book on website.

BM1857 BRS 13:40 GOT 16:50 ER4 14

BM1856 GOT 11:40 BRS 15:00 ER4 5
BM1856 GOT 14:40 BRS 16:00 ER4 2

I thought that maybe BM are planning for the aircraft to operate to BHX as there is over 18hrs from arriving and departing GOT.

BM1441 BHX 06:20 GOT 09:20 ER4 45
BM1443 BHX 12:25 GOT 15:25 ER4 237
BM1443 BHX 13:15 GOT 16:15 ER4 1

BM1442 GOT 09:50 BHX 10:55 ER4 45
BM1444 GOT 15:55 BHX 17:00 ER4 237
BM1444 GOT 16:45 BHX 17:50 ER4 1

However this doesn’t seem to be the case as it doesn’t fit with the BHX-GOT timetable.

TartinTon
20th Dec 2017, 23:01
Looks like another of their corporate shuttle flights

Bristol_Traveller
21st Dec 2017, 07:43
BM1856 on a Friday seems to take 2 hours longer to get back to BRS?

If that's true, maybe it's going via somewhere? Maybe BHX is about to change to being a via?

Bristol_Traveller
21st Dec 2017, 22:35
Now confirmed on the bmi website

https://www.flybmi.com/press-release/bmi-launches-new-route-bristol-gothenburg

(definitely moving away from the bmiregional.com domain then...)

Bristol_Traveller
22nd Dec 2017, 14:37
Statement on BRS website

"After landing at Bristol Airport at 11.36 this morning an Embraer 145 inbound from Frankfurt (flight number BM1822) left the runway while taxiing. Passengers were disembarked and returned to the terminal by coach. None of the 25 people on board were hurt."

jon01
22nd Dec 2017, 14:44
E145 G-CKAG incident at BRS

This looks a bit more serious than the statement above

Runway still blocked and could be closed all day

Met vis at the time was 300m

southside bobby
22nd Dec 2017, 15:29
Quite agree jon01..
On the busiest day of the year virtually zero comment over on the BRS thread apart from a non local posting a press article.
In other reporting,comments include awaiting clearance of debris from the R/W after CAA accident investigation work.

MerchantVenturer
22nd Dec 2017, 16:23
I suppose the posts on here could equally have been posted to the BRS thread. In any case for an airport that handles over 8 mppa BRS is generally a relatively quiet board.

I was about to post on the BRS board but it's only a summary of the flights affected.

Bristol_Traveller
22nd Dec 2017, 19:43
Having seen some stills of footage from ITV WestCountry Tonight, it looks like the aircraft has fully departed the taxiway and is on the grass adjoining the point where the taxiway joins the western end of 27.

The hull in question, G-CKAG, is relatively new to the BM fleet, having joined from Hop! in July this year.

BAladdy
22nd Jan 2018, 11:47
BM are dropping the ABZ-NWI sevice from 11FEB18.

ara01jbb
22nd Jan 2018, 14:27
That's a very long-standing route, but its demise is completely understandable. Much less transfer traffic between the helicopter ports of ABZ and NWI (and many offshore staff are now sent by train instead). Maybe T3 will be able to consolidate things a bit.

BAladdy
22nd Jan 2018, 16:45
Looks as if the current Nordica lease is coming to a end 23MAR18.

Nordica’s CPH-GRQ and CPH-ORB currently operated by a BM ER4 are now showing as being operated by CR7 from 25MAR18. I Have checked Nordica’s schedule and no other routes are showing as being operated by a ER4.

Facts R Us
22nd Jan 2018, 19:14
Not sure where you’ve been checking, but the lease is with LOT.

BAladdy
22nd Jan 2018, 19:32
Further details about Nordica’s Partnership with LOT can be found here

https://www.nordica.ee/en/about-the-company/ettevoete-en-us/

Facts R Us
22nd Jan 2018, 20:00
Indeed, and the ORB-CPH flights are still on LOT’s website showing BM as operating.

scodaman
25th Feb 2018, 20:05
What with all the recent flight cancellations?

LDY - STN cancelled tomorrow AM.

inOban
25th Feb 2018, 20:18
I suspect that in view of the weather forecast a lot of business meetings have been postponed.

stewyb
25th Feb 2018, 20:24
Not sure it's solely weather related as MUC-SOU has been cancelled on numerous occasions in recent weeks

daz211
25th Feb 2018, 20:44
Weather not due to hit until Tuesday

BAladdy
26th Feb 2018, 04:46
The following BM and SN and LO flights normally operated by BM have been cancelled so far today.

BM1234/BM1233 - BRU-EMA-BRU
BM1501/BM1502 - LDY-STN-LDY
BM1741/BM1742 - MUC-BGY-MUC
BM1747/BM1748 - MUC-BGY-MUC
BM1771/BM1772 - MUC-LUZ-MUC
BM1801/BM1802 - BRS-ABZ-BRS
BM1911/BM1912 - KSD-JKG-FRA-JKG-KSD

SN2633/SN2634 - BRU-HAJ-BRU
SN3195/SN3196 - BRU-TRN-BRU

LO8821/LO8822 - ORB-CPH-ORB
LO8841/LO8842 - CPH-GRQ-CPH

MerchantVenturer
26th Feb 2018, 11:26
bmi regional cancelled five rotations at BRS yesterday (Sunday).

BM1825/BM1826 BRS-FRA-BRS
BM1863/BM1864 BRS-DUS-BRS
BM1847/BM1848 BRS-MUC-BRS
BM2007/BM2008 BRS-BRU-BRS
BM1837/BM1838 BRS-HAM-BRS

Four other rotations operated yesterday:

BM1845/BM1846 BRS-MUC-BRS
BM1885/BM1886 BRS-CDG-BRS
BM1807/BM1808 ABZ-BRS-ABZ
BM1827/BM1828 BRS-FRA-BRS

Today only BM1801/BM1802 BRS-ABZ-BRS has been cancelled as mentioned by BALaddy in #61. The other 14 BRS rotations seem to be operating today.

stewyb
26th Feb 2018, 11:54
I was told they are having crewing issues but would you honestly trust flying with this lot at present!!

buzz_hornet
26th Feb 2018, 12:40
The LDY one is a strange one. Its not as if they are not well rested. They arrive back at CoDA at 930pm, driven to the hotel 5mins away. Report for the 645am dep arr back at 1030 circa and then back to the hotel. Not forgetting its a PSO service

Atlantic Explorer
26th Feb 2018, 21:06
Buzz, you’ve clearly no idea about FTL scheduling. It’s a min 12 hour rest for based crew, so the late crew can’t do the early rotation without a significant delay to the service to keep them in legal hours to operate. I believe bmi have a 1 hour report time prior to departure as well.

Harry Wayfarers
27th Feb 2018, 02:14
The LDY one is a strange one. Its not as if they are not well rested. They arrive back at CoDA at 930pm, driven to the hotel 5mins away. Report for the 645am dep arr back at 1030 circa and then back to the hotel. Not forgetting its a PSO service

So they arrive back at 2130, excuse me for suggesting that there are 24 hours in a day, then pax etc. need to be unloaded, post flight duties performed, that would put the crew off duty at 2200, plus 12 hours minimum rest period at home, next earliest report 1000 hours for an 1100 departure.

Depending how the FTL's are written the operator may be able to get away with an 11 hour rest period by putting the crew in a hotel, in that scenario next earliest report 0900 hours.

0645 departure, 0545 report, my butt, Atlantic Explorer is right!

canberra97
27th Feb 2018, 08:15
It is only a single crew aswell. Morning flights occasionally go late too as if they slept in which I can understand.

Which you can understand!

How would feel if your very early morning flight that you managed to get to the airport for was delayed or cancelled just because the ''crew overslept'' would you be understanding then, I don't think so do you.

I can just hear the announcement now ''BMI are sorry to announce the delayed departure of the London Stansted flight due to the crew oversleeping we at BMI hope that you understand and it hasn't inconvenienced you in anyway'' just as one person speaks aloud ''yes I understand fully''.

buzz_hornet
27th Feb 2018, 09:04
Buzz, you’ve clearly no idea about FTL scheduling. It’s a min 12 hour rest for based crew, so the late crew can’t do the early rotation without a significant delay to the service to keep them in legal hours to operate. I believe bmi have a 1 hour report time prior to departure as well.

no i dont, however a previous contributor explained that they can have a min 8 hr rest period, however i will bow down to those with experience

so if thats the case of a 12hr turnaround why have they scheduled a flight less then 12hrs after the previous?

Atlantic Explorer
27th Feb 2018, 09:28
Because a second crew will operate the early flights. I’ve no idea in this case why the early was cancelled, could be anything from crew sickness to crew being on days off with no replacement possible.

A schedule such as this will require 2 crews, one on earlies and one on lates.

Cyrano
27th Feb 2018, 09:29
In general this would either require a second crew or (times permitting) a split duty. I don't know which is the case here.

buzz_hornet
27th Feb 2018, 09:32
when i spoke with someone around this they mentioned the split duty as there was a long enough period between am and pm routes. like i say i can only go by what i was told and as has been pointed out by other posters ever so kindly i've no idea :rolleyes:

Harry Wayfarers
27th Feb 2018, 10:49
All a split duty does, if achievable, is increasse the subseqent rest period ... I don't know the schedule but lets say they commence duty ay 1600, operate an evening rotation, take a split duty remaining on FDP until off duty the next morning at 1100, that's a 19 hour dury period requiring a 19 hour subsequent rest period and in my day they could only work 90 hours in a fortnight ... Would you like to borrow my calculator?

buzz_hornet
27th Feb 2018, 10:59
That's fine, take it easy. They have been operating on this method for close to a year.

Based on what has previously been mentioned.

Report 0545 (based on the mention of a 1hr report time)
Dep LDY 0645
Arr STN 0805

Dep Stn 0840
Arr LDY 0955

Back to the hotel

Report 1635
Dep LDY 1735
Arr STN 1845

Dep STN1925
Arr LDY 2045

Harry Wayfarers
27th Feb 2018, 11:05
If they do that day after day then they are operating illegally which I very much doubt!

Fly757X
27th Feb 2018, 16:44
canberra97

I stand corrected :)

BAladdy
27th Feb 2018, 20:38
BM are dropping the ABZ-NWI sevice from 11FEB18.

Just noticed that BE’s website that there flights to NWI are showing as being operated by BMI Regional on behalf of Eastern Airways. It appears they have being doing this since they dropped the route and they are showing as operating the route through until the end of the S18 schedule.

mathers_wales_uk
27th Feb 2018, 22:34
Maybe slightly different for airlines however based on my calculation and using the times above

On duty 05:45 - Off Duty 21:30
Split start 10:30 - Split end 15:35

05:45 report time (Maximum Flight Duty Period for 4 sectors is 9 hours)
14:45 will be the latest the crew will be able to come off duty.
Split of 05:05 and a split credit of 02:32 (Maximum Allowable will now be 11:32)
The actual length of the duty day indicated above is well over this.

As another obstacle the minimum request required from one duty to the next is either 12 hours or the total length of the preceding duty (whichever is greater).

Harry Wayfarers
27th Feb 2018, 23:37
And blocks to blocks it wouldn't be 12 hours to allow a rest period, if at home base it would be 13.5 hours or if crew in a hotel 12.5 hours

Harry Wayfarers
28th Feb 2018, 00:24
buzz_hornet

That's 8 hours horizontal rest a.k.a. sleep, a minimum rest period of 11 or 12 hours is intended as travelling to/from, a meal or two, bathroom necessaries and 8 hours in bed.

Either that or 8 hours bottle to throttle :)

Flightrider
28th Feb 2018, 05:56
Quoting eight hours bottle to throttle in this day and age is misleading and irresponsible. Crew members' fitness to fly is determined by their blood alcohol limit and you could easily be well above the limit even if your last alcohol intake was more than eight hours before. The sooner that old mantra is erased from anyone's memory, the safer their future career in aviation will be. Thread drift in the extreme, but an important one.

Harry Wayfarers
28th Feb 2018, 06:10
Well slap my wrist ... I previously worked with an Ex BA Captain, lovely guy, who joked if it was 8 hours or 8 feet from the aircraft!

No sense of humour some people.

buzz_hornet
28th Feb 2018, 10:04
Thats the facts as presented and how its been operated for the last year.

The only thing left out was the saturday service arrives back in LDY at 11am circa and then nothing leaves til 13.55 on the sunday with a double rotation.

Harry Wayfarers
28th Feb 2018, 10:31
Thats the facts as presented and how its been operated for the last year.

The only thing left out was the saturday service arrives back in LDY at 11am circa and then nothing leaves til 13.55 on the sunday with a double rotation.

No it hasn't, I know BMI Regional and they are NOT a bunch of total cowboys, that operation is a two or three crew operation, an early crew, a late crew, and they both need to average two days off each week ... Unless they are changing crew in STN whereas two crews each day operate STN-LDY-STN, both on split duties in a hotel in LDY.

rog747
28th Feb 2018, 11:49
reading that BMI regional still has crewing issues causing flights to be canx seems like a stuck record

in summer 2016 both my ex BRS charter flights to VRN and Corsica (weekends - fewer of the schedules operating) both suffered hefty delays due no crews - in fact told of delays the day before but this is a very costly business and pax can claim the EU compo for no crewing

TartinTon
28th Feb 2018, 18:14
buzz_hornet...the flight has been operated for the past year with TWO crews and will continue to be so for all the reasons outlined by others above.

buzz_hornet
28th Feb 2018, 18:44
buzz_hornet...the flight has been operated for the past year with TWO crews and will continue to be so for all the reasons outlined by others above.

Cheers for clearing up the crew issues.

buzz_hornet
28th Feb 2018, 18:45
No it hasn't, I know BMI Regional and they are NOT a bunch of total cowboys, that operation is a two or three crew operation, an early crew, a late crew, and they both need to average two days off each week ... Unless they are changing crew in STN whereas two crews each day operate STN-LDY-STN, both on split duties in a hotel in LDY.

Cleared up now so that's settled

The Nutts Mutts
5th Mar 2018, 20:34
I've just been trying to book flights from SOU to MUC for May on BMI Regional's website, but nothing is bookable after the 24th March. Does anyone know if this route is stopping?

Fly757X
6th Mar 2018, 21:56
I've just been trying to book flights from SOU to MUC for May on BMI Regional's website, but nothing is bookable after the 24th March. Does anyone know if this route is stopping?

Yes, it is unfortunately stopping

scodaman
6th Mar 2018, 23:15
Yesterday 6th March evening LDY-STN-LDY rotation cancelled again for no apparent reason.

BAladdy
7th Mar 2018, 01:33
Yesterday 6th March evening LDY-STN-LDY rotation cancelled again for no apparent reason.

Flights have been operated by a Eastern Airways S2000 (G-CIEC) since Monday. The S2000 is showing as operating BM’s LDY flights through until Sunday...

BAladdy
7th Mar 2018, 06:20
I've just been trying to book flights from SOU to MUC for May on BMI Regional's website, but nothing is bookable after the 24th March. Does anyone know if this route is stopping?Looks like this isn’t the only change BM are making to it’s S18 schedule. Here are a few more changes that I have noticed.

Birmingham to Gothenburg - No longer available to book. Last service operated 1st March

Birmingham to Graz - No longer available to book for travel after 23rd March

Bristol to Gothenburg - From 5th March to 20th March, 1 of the 2 weekly direct frequencies began operating via BHX. Currently it is not possible to book flights for the BHX-GOT and GOT-BHX sectors. Flights for Travel after 20th March are no longer available to book

Bristol to Milan (MXP) - Showing as operating 2 x weekly (Sat/Sun) for S18. I believe flights operated 4 or 5 x weekly during S17.

scodaman
7th Mar 2018, 08:11
Flights have been operated by a Eastern Airways S2000 (G-CIEC) since Monday. The S2000 is showing as operating BM’s LDY flights through until Sunday...

Flybmi doing nothing for it's reputation. Posts on Twitter last night from the STN-LDY passengers saying that when it was cancelled they where not informed it was cancelled and there where approx 40 odd passengers standing in the check in queue in STN for the flight and no-one showed up to the desk and that Flybmi where out of contact.

I've flown STN-LDY with Flybmi before and they do not have permanent staff there, they appear to outsource it to one of the Servisair type companies who have staff with generic uniforms, the only branding is a portable Flybmi banner which they roll up beside the desk.

When I flew with them last summer the check in desk opened about 1hr 15 mins before the flight, many passengers had luggage due to the holiday season and it was then a mad dash through Stansted security to get to the gate on time.

Fine if hand luggage only and you don't need to check in but if you are marketing a product and boasting about a suitcase baggage allowance then at least get the gates open on time to allow plenty of time to get through security.

MerchantVenturer
7th Mar 2018, 13:02
Looks like this isn’t the only change BM are making to it’s S18 schedule. Here are a few more changes that I have noticed.

Birmingham to Gothenburg - No longer available to book. Last service operated 1st March

Birmingham to Graz - No longer available to book for travel after 23rd March

Bristol to Gothenburg - From 5th March to 20th March, 1 of the 2 weekly direct frequencies began operating via BHX. Currently it is not possible to book flights for the BHX-GOT and GOT-BHX sectors. Flights for Travel after 20th March are no longer available to book

Bristol to Milan (MXP) - Showing as operating 2 x weekly (Sat/Sun) for S18. I believe flights operated 4 or 5 x weekly during S17.

I might have misread your post so to clarify, are you saying BRS-GOT will cease after 20 March? Currently the route is available for booking on the bmir website through the coming summer.

BAladdy
8th Mar 2018, 04:46
When I typed the post this morning BM’s site was not showing any flights after that date. I see they are back on sale now.

The Nutts Mutts
8th Mar 2018, 11:52
Hi all,
Just wondering what you BMI folk think of the statement from the airline which is being reported in the press today that they've 'suspended the BMI SOU-MUC route temporarily (duration not stated) due to recruitment and training issues'?
Do you believe this is genuine, as there have been loads of delays and cancellations on the route in the last few months, or is this simply the airline PR department version of "It's not you, it's me..."?
I've never heard this reason being given for a route being dropped in the past so just curious.

inOban
8th Mar 2018, 12:00
It's not a million miles away from Ryanair's winter cutbacks, surely?

buzz_hornet
8th Mar 2018, 13:33
Hi all,
Just wondering what you BMI folk think of the statement from the airline which is being reported in the press today that they've 'suspended the BMI SOU-MUC route temporarily (duration not stated) due to recruitment and training issues'?
Do you believe this is genuine, as there have been loads of delays and cancellations on the route in the last few months, or is this simply the airline PR department version of "It's not you, it's me..."?
I've never heard this reason being given for a route being dropped in the past so just curious.

I imagine that falls into why LDY-STN is being covered by Eastern as they redeploy staff, cant imagine it helps having XE grounded

Fly757X
8th Mar 2018, 17:41
I imagine that falls into why LDY-STN is being covered by Eastern as they redeploy staff, cant imagine it helps having XE grounded

XE is grounded itself too? How come? I know its been moved on to Stand 1 and Eglinton but I assumed that was just to get it out of the way until the SB20 goes back to EZE.

buzz_hornet
8th Mar 2018, 18:30
XE is grounded itself too? How come? I know its been moved on to Stand 1 and Eglinton but I assumed that was just to get it out of the way until the SB20 goes back to EZE.

Saturday was the last XE service. Each flight since has been eastern

Fly757X
9th Mar 2018, 17:19
Saturday was the last XE service. Each flight since has been eastern

No I know but it seemed odd having it based in LDY without a reason this week so I was looking for a feasible reason. It positioned out today to CWL so clearly nothing wrong with it.

Rivet Joint
9th Mar 2018, 17:40

I am really surprised more has not been made of this. I know wet leasing is becoming a big part of these smaller airline's operations now, but if I am not mistaken, BMI are owned by the same company Logan are? Haven't Logan and Eastern just had a very public spat? Seems a bit daft Logan's parent now paying Eastern money to use one of their planes after they tried to put them out of business.

BAladdy
9th Mar 2018, 17:43
No I know but it seemed odd having it based in LDY without a reason this week so I was looking for a feasible reason. It positioned out today to CWL so clearly nothing wrong with it.
G-RJXE - Has operated today:

BM9453 LDY-CWL, was on the ground 1hr 45mins then operated BM8934 CWL-LBA. It departed LBA about 20 mins ago to LDY after less than a hour on the ground.

BAladdy
9th Mar 2018, 18:04
BM are increasing frequency on there BRS-CDG route from 11 to 14 x weekly from mid May BM plan to op 3 flights will operate on a Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 2 flights will operate on Tuesday and Friday and 1 flight will operate on a Sunday

https://www.incentivetravel.co.uk/news/airportairline/43715-bmi-expands-its-bristol-paris-service

Fly757X
9th Mar 2018, 19:59

BM9453 LDY-CWL, was on the ground 1hr 45mins then operated BM8934 CWL-LBA. It departed LBA about 20 mins ago to LDY after less than a hour on the ground.

Cheers, it flew over my house earlier. I take it is the crewing issues at the moment. Please forgive my ignorance but can you explain properly what is going on. I haven't really read up on it but I hear it is training issues etc?

buzz_hornet
9th Mar 2018, 20:44

Lba is used for parts etc I think. Hopefully back in service next week although got used to eastern livery now

BrizzleKicks
9th Mar 2018, 21:08
Lba is used for parts etc I think. Hopefully back in service next week although got used to eastern livery now

CWL-LBA-CWL would have been a footie flight for one of the prem teams.

BAladdy
10th Mar 2018, 19:27
G-RJXE - operated today’s LDY-STN-LDY rotation and according to BM’s website the two rotations tomorrow that where showing as being operated by S2000 have now changed to a ER4.

Earlier today D-AGRA a CRJ200 arrived in LDY this morning using the the flight number BM9366. I am guessing that it is possible we will see tomorrow’s flights operated by this aircraft. Does anyone know for sure what is the problem with this route... Guessinh irs crewing?.

If it is surely it makes sense to lease a aircraft for a longer period until they sort it out. Rather than having a different aircraft every couple of days?.

D-AGRA is registered to ProAir Aviation. This aircraft operated for BM back in September for a couple days ex BRS

El Bunto
11th Mar 2018, 08:01

From reliable sources G-RJXE was indeed grounded with technical issues.

Fly757X
11th Mar 2018, 09:54
From reliable sources G-RJXE was indeed grounded with technical issues.

Many Thanks :)

Bristol_Traveller
12th Mar 2018, 17:13
BRS-FRA-BRS has not gone well today. The mid-morning flight (STD 11:50) didn't get off until 15:17, because the operating aircraft (G-RJXH) operated in from GRZ via BHX.

As a result the remaining flights of the day (BM1826, 1827, 1828) are also showing long delays.

Looking back over the last couple of days of schedules, I can see cancellations and delays of the same flights.

It still feels like there is insufficient slack in the flying schedule to handle predictable levels of technical failure or crew unavailability.

(Waiting to board and earwiging the radio, it seems it's not clear if the crew for the flight is in hours or not, which seems like something the operations team should just know?)

Bristol_Traveller
12th Mar 2018, 20:38
Follow-up.

18:00 departure scheduled for 20:00, somehow avoiding the returning aircraft getting caught in the FRA 23:00 curfew??
18:15 departure moved to 18:35 (because turning an inbound MUC aircraft around). Departure boards go quickly from "Go To Gate" to "Gate Closing", so panicing pax running to the gate
19:05 Ground handler is advising the gate agent that departure will be 19:30, and to be ready for boarding
19:10 Departure boards in the terminal change to "Cancelled", which the gate agent didn't know about.

Really not a strong performance.

Bristol_Traveller
13th Mar 2018, 05:52
And this morning the first BRS-MUC is the loser in the 'which flight will get delayed or canxed'

Boards showing a departure time of 06:30, a Gate Open time of 07:30, and the bmi website a departure time of 08:15.

buzz_hornet
13th Mar 2018, 07:33
If it's any consolation the leased in D-agra has struggled to leave on time week to date on the ldy-stn

Harry Wayfarers
13th Mar 2018, 07:49
I had the displeasure of working, for a short period, for this shower when they were known as Business Air back in the 1990's.

Talk about a village shop mentality, ABZ had a closure time of 2150L, absolute maximum extension time of 2230L, this shower had their passenger flights scheduled to arrive back in significantly after 2100 to have the seats removed in a timed X amount of few minutes to go off on their night Royal Mail flights, I mean it was 'skin of your teeth stuff' and a similar scenario once ABZ would re-open the next morning.

One day I was Ops Controller, or whatever the position was called, when the boss asked if we had any delays, I mean it was going like clockwork and I subsequently received a rollocking for not reporting a 3 minute delay when only a 2 minute delay was accepted as being on schedule.

And alas this is the way they shall always do it because it's the only way they know, last time I researched perhaps a couple of years back I recognised the management names still in situ, they've only ever worked in their village shop and not in a supermarket, it's the only way they know, fine tuning any scheduling and then kicking-off at the slightest hiccup, there was no hope for them then and it sounds like things haven't changed.

Bristol_Traveller
16th Mar 2018, 09:51
And this morning the first BRS-ABZ is the loser in the 'which flight will get delayed or canxed' lottery.

devon_guy
17th Mar 2018, 17:22
What happened to yesterday's brs-fra?

yeo valley
17th Mar 2018, 19:27
What happened to yesterday's brs-fra?

It was cancelled early in the day. I don't know the reason.
They been having crew issues as well as tech aircraft.
Take youre pick which was the FRA cancelled rotation.

Bristol_Traveller
6th Apr 2018, 05:21
This morning it's the turn of the first BRS-BRU flight to get cancelled. Anyone using that as a convenient connection via BRU must be pretty fed up. G-RJXI is on the Eastern apron, but no sign of life around it.

BRS-MUC should be boarding by now, but it's on boards as 'Please wait'. (Subsequently operated on-time by XI, which is the Brussels Airlines branded aircraft)

As well as XI, XL, XB (operating BRS-FRA) and XE are on the Eastern apron, so it seems like there are enough aircraft here.

marko1
6th Apr 2018, 08:18
This morning it's the turn of the first BRS-BRU flight to get cancelled. Anyone using that as a convenient connection via BRU must be pretty fed up. G-RJXI is on the Eastern apron, but no sign of life around it.

BRS-MUC should be boarding by now, but it's on boards as 'Please wait'. (Subsequently operated on-time by XI, which is the Brussels Airlines branded aircraft)

As well as XI, XL, XB (operating BRS-FRA) and XE are on the Eastern apron, so it seems like there are enough aircraft here.

Was this today ? According to the airport website and flight radar all bmi flights departed and indeed the Brussels is now on its descent back to Bristol

BAladdy
6th Apr 2018, 13:13
BM have cancelled today’s ABZ-BRS flight.

Today’s ABZ-OSL flight operated by G-RJXG departed just over 2 hours late arriving 1hr 40 mins late in OSL. According to ABZ’s website return flight is currently showing arriving 3 hours late at 17:30. This aircraft was meant to operate the cancelled BRS service.

A delay now likely on the BM2007 departure to BRU from BRS, as this aircraft was meant to operate this flight

stewyb
6th Apr 2018, 13:15
BM have cancelled today’s ABZ-BRS flight.

Today’s ABZ-OSL flight operated by G-RJXG departed just over 2 hours late arriving 1hr 40 mins late in OSL. According to ABZ’s website return flight is currently showing arriving 3 hours late at 17:30. This aircraft was meant to operate the cancelled BRS service.

A delay now likely on the BM2007 departure to BRU from BRS, as this aircraft was meant to operate this flight

An absolute mess and don't know how they continue to operate!!

buzz_hornet
9th Apr 2018, 15:02
Please note that due industrial action at Munich planned for tomorrow, all flights operating to/from Munich on Tuesday 10th April are now cancelled as listed below –

BM1841/1842 BRS-MUC-BRS – 30/36
BM1845/1846 BRS-MUC-BRS – 35/38
BM1752/1753 NRK-MUC-NRK – 23/22
BM1754/1757 NRK-MUC-NRK – 14/18
BM1721/1722 MUC-SCN-MUC – 6/16
BM1727/1728 MUC-SCN-MUC – 15/7
BM1711/1712 MUC-RLG-MUC – 27/31
BM1737/1738 MUC-BRQ-MUC – 30/32
BM1733/1734 MUC-BRQ-MUC – 28/13
BM1747/1748 MUC-BGY-MUC – 26/35
BM1741/1742 MUC-BGY-MUC – 14/43
BM1771/1772 MUC-LUZ-MUC – 14/24
BM1715/1625/1626/1716 MUC-RLG-STR-RLG-MUC – 26/14/22/30

sinbad73
9th Apr 2018, 15:58
Are the figures at the end of the lines the loads?

downwind24
15th Apr 2018, 19:45
Are the figures at the end of the lines the loads?

Looks like they are

Skipness One Echo
18th Apr 2018, 11:48
Can some kind soul advise when "Kittywake" was dropped in favour of "Midland"? Looking for the changeover date.
It was long after the BD->BM swap on 28-Oct-2012 I think?

BAladdy
20th Apr 2018, 04:09
Info below is taken from a daily news email sent by aviator.aero on 17th April.

Skyworld Aviation (UK) is managing the lease return of an ERJ145 EP from BMI Regional (UK). Skyworld has provided lease management services to its owner, Largus (Sweden), for the length of the term. This aircraft will be marketed by Skyworld for onward lease when it returns in May 2018.

Does anyone know what aircraft this is?. Also are BM planning to replace the aircraft with another aircraft?.

SealinkBF
20th Apr 2018, 16:54
Flew from Stansted to Stroke City on Tuesday.
In flight service was extremely good - I even tweeted bmi to say that they had great staff.
One of those crew members who takes the time to chat to every customer (with the loading it was possible!). Flight was reasonably quiet in both directions, and inbound no luggage could be carried due to a faulty fire extinguisher in the hold. In fact I think I posted this on the Derry thread... :D

Bristol_Traveller
22nd Apr 2018, 18:01
Today's Bristol cancellations - DUS and the evening FRA flight.

At what point do the EU261 payments start to exceed revenues?

I have a 261 claim from mid-March which has had zero response so far. I check in on it every couple of weeks. Come mid-May if it's had no response, it's off to PACT.

Xavi22
22nd Apr 2018, 18:40
Unfortunately the German domestic route Munich - Saarbrücken - Munich is also not doing that well, only 25% loadfactor in February. As far as I know the Codesharing with Lufthansa starts in May, so maybe the loadfactor will increase once they can use several more destinations from Munich.

Fly757X
22nd Apr 2018, 21:16
Info below is taken from a daily news email sent by aviator.aero on 17th April.

Does anyone know what aircraft this is?. Also are BM planning to replace the aircraft with another aircraft?.

Looks like G-RJXD but I could be wrong. It went to Lisbon from Bristol on the 17th as BMR9721 and is yet to return. I know that they used to do a lot of ERJ maintenance at Lisbon but I'm not sure if it has carried on since Portugália got rid of their last ERJs. Either way it is either planned maintenance or getting de-branded, only time will tell.

buzz_hornet
6th May 2018, 21:06
Tonight's evening LDY service not going again. Is XA next on the crock list

Fly757X
7th May 2018, 07:48
Tonight's evening LDY service not going again. Is XA next on the crock list

XA has kicked the bucket, G-RJXF is operating this morning.

BAladdy
11th May 2018, 17:51
It has been reported that BM are looking to add either E190 or CRJ900 aircraft to there fleet.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/66910-uks-bmi-regional-eyes-larger-regional-jets-to-boost-fleet

mullac30
11th May 2018, 19:49
Is there any plans to permanently transfer an ERJ145 over to Loganair for the Inverness base since they have trained their own crews on the aircraft? It would be great to see an ERJ in LM livery.

Fly757X
12th May 2018, 16:58
Is there any plans to permanently transfer an ERJ145 over to Loganair for the Inverness base since they have trained their own crews on the aircraft? It would be great to see an ERJ in LM livery.

I never heard they trained ERJ145 crews. Would be great to see! I would love to see either EMBJ/N in a nice livery but that's just my childish dream!

dboy
12th May 2018, 17:49
It has been reported that BM are looking to add either E190 or CRJ900 aircraft to there fleet.

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/66910-uks-bmi-regional-eyes-larger-regional-jets-to-boost-fleet

They claim that every single year......but it never happens. i guess this is just some propaganda talk.

stewyb
12th May 2018, 17:53
They claim that every single year......but it never happens. i guess this is just some propaganda talk.

Absolutely right, they have claimed this for years now yet no fleet expansion. This is an airline in decline with regards to route network and customer service levels!

buzz_hornet
25th Jun 2018, 20:20
1507/8 canx tonight. Hours maybe as morning rotation didn't arrive til teatime?

bananamanuk
26th Jun 2018, 05:39
I never heard they trained ERJ145 crews. Would be great to see! I would love to see either EMBJ/N in a nice livery but that's just my childish dream!

Hi, there is an article in The Scotsman newspaper re. Transfer of Erj's from BMI to Loganair so latter can start longer European routes.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/loganair-to-launch-new-european-routes-1-4759063/amp

Fly757X
26th Jun 2018, 19:41
Hi, there is an article in The Scotsman newspaper re. Transfer of Erj's from BMI to Loganair so latter can start longer European routes.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/loganair-to-launch-new-european-routes-1-4759063/amp

Cheers mate. Surely this will pave the way for more ERJs for the BMR fleet. I know that last summer there was a real shortage of aircraft and CKAF/G seem to have decreased these issues now. Alternatively could these be the first signs of these "Fantasy" E-Jets on the horizon. Either way unless they cut routes or take back some aircraft from the Brussels contract and/or move the INV based ERJ to GLA there will need to be extra airframes brought in.

EK77WNCL
26th Jun 2018, 22:04
In the absence of anything ERJ-135/145 sized currently being available, I'd quite like to see BM go for the MRJ 70/90. The E-2 just seems too big for BM, the MRJ is the smallest available!

If only the Dornier 528/728 had been built!

PDXCWL45
27th Jun 2018, 06:10
In the absence of anything ERJ-135/145 sized currently being available, I'd quite like to see BM go for the MRJ 70/90. The E-2 just seems too big for BM, the MRJ is the smallest available!

The E170 id probably a good fit for BMI.

Fly757X
27th Jun 2018, 16:49

The CEO has been quotted saying Second-hand E190/5s or potentially even CRJ900s but I feel the latter is highly unlikely.

Severn
11th Jul 2018, 11:08
From ch-aviation​

bmi regional rebrands as flybmi
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/stock/1909.jpg
bmi regional Embraer 135 © Tis Meyer / PlanePics.org (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/68886-bmi-regional-rebrands-as-flybmi)

bmi regional (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/BDR) has rebranded as flybmi (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/BM), adjusting the name to the website domain used, the carrier has said in a statement.

The website and booking engine have also been updated and simplified. The carrier's new logo continues to reference the legacy of the bmi brand and has not been designed anew.

The new booking engine has been developed by Germanys' 2e Systems.

bmi regional itself was rebranded from British Midland Commuter (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/BMC) in 2001. The carrier was a subsidiary of bmi british midland (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/BD) prior to the acquisition of the airline by British Airways (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/BA) in 2012. Subsequently, BA did not retain ownership of bmi regional and sold it to Sector Aviation Holdings. Nowadays, flybmi is owned by Airline Investments Limited which also controls Loganair (https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/airline/LOG).

devon_guy
11th Jul 2018, 13:22
It's been flybmi for a while now.

rog747
11th Jul 2018, 14:53
does BMI still fly the weekend charter IT flights to verona and corsica from BRS for inghams and corsican places?

yeo valley
11th Jul 2018, 15:06
does BMI still fly the weekend charter IT flights to verona and corsica from BRS for inghams and corsican places?

Yes the do still do these flights.

fanrailuk
11th Jul 2018, 15:16

No they do not operate these mentioned charters anymore.

They do, however, offer a Saturday service to Sardinia (Olbia) on behalf of Neilson Active Holidays.

Bristol_Traveller
6th Aug 2018, 12:05
bmi is one of the UK's least punctual airlines, tying with Thomas Cook for average delay length of 21 minutes. WizzAir was the worst overall (flying to UK airports), with an average of 23 minutes delay.

https://news.sky.com/story/wizz-air-revealed-as-most-delayed-airline-at-uk-airports-11462905

I'd be interested to see what bmi's cancellation performance is. Given the frequency that I experience, I have a feeling it's pretty bad.

4 years ago, bmi was the UK's most punctual airline.

https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/about-us/news-and-media/news-and-media-centre/2014/03/bmi-regional

Flightrider
6th Aug 2018, 12:39
I'll be honest - any journalistic report which has Ryanair listed as a UK airline and Eastern Airways listed as an international airline serving the UK ought to be treated with caution.

TartinTon
6th Aug 2018, 20:06
Given that the average was 15 minutes it would seem that there's not many of them that are any good if 23 mins is the worst!

jethro15
7th Aug 2018, 21:25
According to Jethros G-RJXR will be the first ERJ145 to transfer to Loganair. It recently positioned from Aberdeen to Norwich.

I've since been that this info is actually incorrect

Fly757X
7th Aug 2018, 22:24
I've since been that this info is actually incorrect

Cheers, will delete the post right away. On another note. Thanks for all you do to maintain your site.

BAladdy
8th Aug 2018, 16:40
Can anyone confirm if G-RJXR is in NWI for maintainence?. Or is the aircraft destined for a new operator. If so who?

Channex258
8th Aug 2018, 17:14
It’s been handed back to Lessor, and taken up by a French ACMI operator

BAladdy
8th Aug 2018, 18:56
Does anyone know if BM plan to return any of the other aircraft in there fleet to there lessor in there near future?

Fly757X
8th Aug 2018, 20:12
It’s been handed back to Lessor, and taken up by a French ACMI operator

That's a pity, with another two to go to Loganair the BMI ERJs will be harder to catch. (With any luck it will be G-EMBJ and EMBN that go to Loganair.

Buster the Bear
8th Aug 2018, 23:52
According to Jethro, G-RJXR to be operated for easyJet Europe.

Xavi22
9th Aug 2018, 07:39
ERJ for easyJet Europe? Sounds strange, doesn't it?

Does flybmi reduce their fleet in 2019 or will they get new planes?

Fly757X
9th Aug 2018, 08:16

They've been saying for years they're looking at up-gauging 25% of their fleet to E-190s or CRJ900s

BAladdy
9th Aug 2018, 10:24
I think even EZY will find it hard trying to operate a ER4 profitably with a low cost business model. It will be interesting to see what routes it will be used on if it is indeed destined to EZY.
I doubt they would, be reducing there fleet the hardly enough aircraft to cover the operation as it is.... When it comes to getting bigger aircraft... who knows... they seem to talk about it a lot, however no real action so far.

sparkie320
9th Aug 2018, 18:56
G-RJXR emerged at Norwich today wearing this livery with a rumor of being sold to France and looks like the livery of Regourd Aviation which already have a couple of 135s

https://www.flickr.com/photos/88573897@N03/43046249985/

Thanks

Mark

CabinCrewe
9th Aug 2018, 19:49
oh, wasnt that being pitched as the first for Loganair.... another bumsteer?

Fly757X
9th Aug 2018, 21:17
That is Aero4M/Regourd's livery. They operated for BMI Regional from LDY for 2 months last year whilst there was a lack of aircraft. Quite a nice livery if I'm honest, just a shame it is leaving.

BAladdy
9th Aug 2018, 23:00
oh, wasnt that being pitched as the first for Loganair.... another bumsteer?
Don’t think we will see any ER4’s transferred to Loganair before the New Year. Noticed a couple of weeks ago that Loganair have updated there S19 schedule to show which of there current destinations from GLA are to be operated by a ER4 from 31MAR19 (details below). Based on the current schedule it appears LM wil, be adding 2 ER4’s on the same day.
The aircraft seem to be in addition to the ER4 operated by BM for LM as they are still showing as being operated by a ER4.

BEB - ER4 will op the single rotation on a Saturday and Sunday
LDY - ER4 will op 6 out of the 8 weekly flights scheduled.
SYY - ER4 will op 22 out of the 25 weekly flights scheduled

Does anyone know which ER4’s are going to be transferred to LM?. Also whether BM are going to continue to operate a aircraft for LM from INV during S19

virginblue
10th Aug 2018, 21:54
Wasn't the idea to expand to European destinations with the ER4s? Instead they are using them to shortish routes to BEB and SYY where a turboprop will do the job given the route length and the lack of competition. Or have the Saabs become so expensive as hangar queens that a generally more expensive 50 seater jet turns out to be cheaper?

Fly757X
11th Aug 2018, 09:16
Don’t think we will see any ER4’s transferred to Loganair before the New Year. Noticed a couple of weeks ago that Loganair have updated there S19 schedule to show which of there current destinations from GLA are to be operated by a ER4 from 31MAR19 (details below). Based on the current schedule it appears LM wil, be adding 2 ER4’s on the same day.
The aircraft seem to be in addition to the ER4 operated by BM for LM as they are still showing as being operated by a ER4.

Does anyone know which ER4’s are going to be transferred to LM?. Also whether BM are going to continue to operate a aircraft for LM from INV during S19

The INV routes are still to be operated by BM during S19 from what I've heard.

12th Aug 2018, 18:05
Still room around that schedule for one or two European destinations which I’d guess are CPH and BRU and hopefully going forward they can expand from there but ofcourse this depends on bmi expanding their fleet.

buzz_hornet
29th Aug 2018, 16:03
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/558x308/40279536_309138676545691_7211168206432501760_n_1dd925f77e8e3 88bd43592295923320699237674.png
anyone advise on an international surcharge on a domestic service?

scodaman
4th Sep 2018, 20:04
It's all going Pete Tong

https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/0429279-flybmi-faces-pilot-strike-threat

TartinTon
5th Sep 2018, 18:20
It's all going Pete Tong

https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/0429279-flybmi-faces-pilot-strike-threat

Hardly world-shattering news....airline in discussions with pilots over pay and conditions while union organises strike vote as a lever....*yawn*

sinbad73
6th Sep 2018, 11:15
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.gmforum.com-vbulletin/558x308/40279536_309138676545691_7211168206432501760_n_1dd925f77e8e3 88bd43592295923320699237674.png
anyone advise on an international surcharge on a domestic service?

which route/dates?

buzz_hornet
6th Sep 2018, 22:35
which route/dates?

Ldy-stn
19oct

virginblue
7th Sep 2018, 13:02
As rumours are going round about a UK airline looking at acquiring the ashes ( = the AOC) of VLM, how have flybmi's plans to safeguard its operations on the continent against Brexit advanced?

Ldy-stn
19oct

I am tempted to say - they mixed up the Brexit date ....:8

scodaman
8th Sep 2018, 08:21
Interview with Fabrice Binet, Sales & BD Director, FlyBMI

AviaDev Insight Europe: Episode 11: Fabrice Binet, Sales & BD Director, FlyBMI (http://aviadevinsighteurope.libsyn.com/episode-11-fabrice-binet-sales-bd-director-flybmi)

scodaman
13th Sep 2018, 20:17
flybmi wins prestigious industry awardThu 13 Sep 2018
flybmi has been named as ‘The Star Business Airline of the year” in the prestigious Travel Bulletin Star Awards for 2018. Voted for by travel agents, the award is in recognition of the airline’s premium quality, service and support of their travel agency partners.

https://www.flybmi.com/en/press/flybmi-wins-prestigious-industry-award

sparkie320
17th Sep 2018, 17:52
G-RJXH EMB145 has arrived at Norwich from Bristol, gone into Air Livery for repaint
is this another French departure like last one was from Norwich

TartinTon
17th Sep 2018, 19:42
Nope...just a repaint

mullac30
17th Sep 2018, 19:52
No chances of it emerging in LM Tartan?

TartinTon
17th Sep 2018, 20:00
Let's hope not!

TCX69
17th Sep 2018, 22:13
Nope...just a repaint.

Wonder why they’re repainting the aircraft already in the full livery instead of the aircraft that have been all white for years!?

SWBKCB
18th Sep 2018, 07:20
The all white ones are leased, not owned

sparkie320
22nd Sep 2018, 22:47
No chances of it emerging in LM Tartan?
afraid not
emerged today pure white no titles departed back to Bristol
https://www.flickr.com/photos/88573897@N03/43037248260/

Mark

Fly757X
23rd Sep 2018, 09:40
afraid not
emerged today pure white no titles departed back to Bristol
https://www.flickr.com/photos/88573897@N03/43037248260/

Mark

Potentially earmarked for LM? Stickers applied/painted close to S19?

MKY661
24th Sep 2018, 12:06
Jethro's site says that G-RJXF and G-RJXJ are the ones going to Loganair.

Fly757X
24th Sep 2018, 16:05
Jethro's site says that G-RJXF and G-RJXJ are the ones going to Loganair.

Strange considering RJXJ is a 135, I thought they were getting 2 145s? Wonder what the deal is with RJXH then. Considering RJXH was just whitewashed I would’ve assumed it and RJXI were for LM considering XI was the next acquired after XH and it is already in a white scheme of some description. Clearly that assumption made an ass out of me.

mullac30
24th Sep 2018, 16:34
The ERJ135 is to become G-SAJB when delivered in October, whilst the ERJ145 will become G-SAJC in November, all according to Jethro's. I imagine they did not pick the all-white ones since the LM examples will be repainted in full Tartan rather than vinyls like the S2000s.

I'm guessing the BA style acronym of the reg is perhaps G- Scotland's Airline Jet X ?

Fly757X
24th Sep 2018, 16:52
The ERJ135 is to become G-SAJB when delivered in October, whilst the ERJ145 will become G-SAJC in November, all according to Jethro's. I imagine they did not pick the all-white ones since the LM examples will be repainted in full Tartan rather than vinyls like the S2000s.

I'm guessing the BA style acronym of the reg is perhaps G- Scotland's Airline Jet X ?

I would’ve said RJXH would’ve been good to get fully painted as it was prior. I just want to know why it is white.

Jersey32D
24th Sep 2018, 17:21
I would’ve said RJXH would’ve been good to get fully painted as it was prior. I just want to know why it is white.

According to GINFO the aircraft is chartered, so perhaps it's being prepared for handback?

Fly757X
24th Sep 2018, 17:51
According to GINFO the aircraft is chartered, so perhaps it's being prepared for handback?

Thanks for that, I thought all the RJXA-RJXI frames were owned. Cheers :D

scodaman
24th Sep 2018, 20:28
Moving the deckchairs around a bit

https://www.flybmi.com/en/press/new-md-and-chief-operations-officer-for-flybmi-as-airline-announces-long-term-succession-plan

BAladdy
2nd Oct 2018, 18:23
According to Jethro BM’s ER3 G-RJXJ is to be transferred to Loganair sometime this month.

I noticed the aircraft flew from BRS to EMA this afternoon. Does anyone know if this is for maintainence or is the aircraft being prepared to be transferred to Loganair.

scodaman
2nd Oct 2018, 19:46
Flybmi gains access to Turkey with new codeshare
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/312776/flybmi-gains-access-to-turkey-with-new-codeshare

Fly757X
2nd Oct 2018, 19:49
Flybmi gains access to Turkey with new codeshare
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/312776/flybmi-gains-access-to-turkey-with-new-codeshare

Noticed that a few days ago on their website. Good development for them

Bristol_Traveller
7th Oct 2018, 20:27
The TK codeshares are curious. BRS-DUS and BRS-HAM are showng now, but as once-per-day rotations, the connections into the once-per-day TK flight to IST are either bad (hours stopover) or terrible (overnight stopover)

When I last looked, the annouced BRS-CDG codeshares weren't showing. As BRS-CDG is 3x daily, that migth make more sense for connections but until they're in and bookable, it's conjecture.

As somone who books BRS-FRA/MUC on the LH codeshares quite often, the inventory management needs to be carefully overseen, and married segment availabilty brought in. Sometimes entirely legit inventory changes when considered as a point-to-point airline (e.g. passengers flying just BRS-FRA) have a dramatic effect when attached as the first/last segment of a long interncontinental itin.

BAladdy
24th Oct 2018, 01:45
https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/feature/2329327-interview-jonathan-hinkles-loganair

http://m.atwonline.com/airframes/scotland-s-loganair-increase-jet-fleet

Looks like another ER3 and another ER4 are destined to follow G-RJXF and G-RJXJ to LM

Fly757X
24th Oct 2018, 07:45
https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/feature/2329327-interview-jonathan-hinkles-loganair

Scotland?s Loganair to increase jet fleet | Airframes content from ATWOnline (http://m.atwonline.com/airframes/scotland-s-loganair-increase-jet-fleet)

Looks like another ER3 and another ER4 are destined to follow G-RJXF and G-RJXJ to LM

I wonder is this a sign that these “bigger jets” are coming soon enough...

BAladdy
25th Oct 2018, 06:59
BM announced yesterday that they are increasing capacity on there flights from NCL by replacing the ER3 currently based there with a ER4 from 28OCT.

https://www.flybmi.com/en/press/flybmi-increases-capacity-from-newcastle-international-to-belgium-and-norway

BAladdy
2nd Nov 2018, 17:38
Just booked flight from BRS to BRU in early November. When I first started looking a couple of weeks ago the flights were showing as being operated on a BM ER4. Now they are showing as being operated by a RJ85. Are BM adding RJ85’s to the fleet or is a new operator, possibly Cityjet taking over the route?.

BM currently operate flights from BRU to HAJ, NTE and SXB on behalf of SN. I have checked and all flights to these destinations are now showing as being operated by a RJ85, as is the BM BRU to NUE. Does BM’s lease agreement end at the end of the W18 schedule?.

Fly757X
2nd Nov 2018, 18:10
Just booked flight from BRS to BRU in early November. When I first started looking a couple of weeks ago the flights were showing as being operated on a BM ER4. Now they are showing as being operated by a RJ85. Are BM adding RJ85’s to the fleet or is a new operator, possibly Cityjet taking over the route?.

BM currently operate flights from BRU to HAJ, NTE and SXB on behalf of SN. I have checked and all flights to these destinations are now showing as being operated by a RJ85, as is the BM BRU to NUE. Does BM’s lease agreement end at the end of the W18 schedule?.

Brussels have told CityJet that they are wanting to give back the SSJ100s soon as they are just riddled with issues meaning that they will need to find a replacement within their fleet (reported widely as a CRJ900 but that will be impossible at this stage due to the SAS lease contract.) Its also a BRU based airframe that operates BRS-BRU at the moment so this could be a wider consolidation operators being carried out by Brussels.

Bristol_Traveller
3rd Nov 2018, 02:54
I just had a quick search on various dates to the end of the year, and BRS-BRU is showing the BM-marketed and operated flights using the ER145s.
It was a year ago (29OCT17) when BRS-BRU surprisingly switched to being a BM marketed and operated route with an SN Codeshare (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600014-bmi-regional-3-a.html#post9927670)

As part of that discussion, it was suggested it was a temporary change, so maybe that arrangement might be ending, and SN are going to work it directly. That might also explain how BM are finding ER145s to put elsewhere. (NCL-BRU going 3x daily with an ER145 for example). On the other hand it could just be a glitch where someone forgot to update the flight data after a year. The reference to 85s suggests it might be.

I'm hoping that that SN will be back as BRS sole Star Alliance airline at some point (or that BM rejoins, however unlikely). At the time of the last change I was disappointed that BRS had fallen off the Star network, not least because there were no miles redemption options.

BAladdy
3rd Nov 2018, 03:05
I just had a quick search on various dates to the end of the year, and BRS-BRU is showing the BM-marketed and operated flights using the ER145s.
It was a year ago (29OCT17) when BRS-BRU surprisingly switched to being a BM marketed and operated route with an SN Codeshare (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600014-bmi-regional-3-a.html#post9927670)

As part of that discussion, it was suggested it was a temporary change, so maybe that arrangement might be ending, and SN are going to work it directly. That might also explain how BM are finding ER145s to put elsewhere. (NCL-BRU going 3x daily with an ER145 for example). On the other hand it could just be a glitch where someone forgot to update the flight data after a year. The reference to 85s suggests it might be.

I'm hoping that that SN will be back as BRS sole Star Alliance airline at some point (or that BM rejoins, however unlikely). At the time of the last change I was disappointed that BRS had fallen off the Star network, not least because there were no miles redemption options.
The RJ85 is showing on SN’s website as operating, not BM’s

Bristol_Traveller
3rd Nov 2018, 03:24
If I go out to 31MAR19, I can see it reverting to SN operated with the RJ85, but I'm still not sure if that's intended or just a placeholder (end of the current agreement with BM?). The switch to BM happened with very short notice.

The flight details are showing an RJ85, but not an operating airline. I would expect it to show someone like Cityjet, unless SN are bringing RJ85s back into their fleet?

Fly757X
3rd Nov 2018, 09:45
If I go out to 31MAR19, I can see it reverting to SN operated with the RJ85, but I'm still not sure if that's intended or just a placeholder (end of the current agreement with BM?). The switch to BM happened with very short notice.

The flight details are showing an RJ85, but not an operating airline. I would expect it to show someone like Cityjet, unless SN are bringing RJ85s back into their fleet?

There seems to be a lack of certainty about when Cityjet will swap out the SSJ100s for other types. All that's been said is "Soon".

sixchannel
3rd Nov 2018, 10:21
There seems to be a lack of certainty about when Cityjet will swap out the SSJ100s for other types. All that's been said is "Soon".
According to the Interweb, versions of SSJ100s for airfields like LCY etc with steep approach and short runways will begin Certification in 2018 and be available in 2019 so maybe they're fed up waiting.

MerchantVenturer
3rd Nov 2018, 10:57
According to a poster on another aviation website who is usually well informed about BRS matters, a CityJetRJ85 will take over BRS-BRU for Brussels Airlines from 1 April next year. It will operate a similar schedule to the current one and the aircraft will overnight at BRS each night except Saturdays.

Rumour_Jay
3rd Nov 2018, 17:10
According to a poster on another aviation website who is usually well informed about BRS matters, a CityJetRJ85 will take over BRS-BRU for Brussels Airlines from 1 April next year. It will operate a similar schedule to the current one and the aircraft will overnight at BRS each night except Saturdays.

I wonder why this would be? BM/SN on BM metal have been operating this route for a long time now...

virginblue
3rd Nov 2018, 17:39
I wonder why this would be? BM/SN on BM metal have been operating this route for a long time now...

A successful operation resulting in the need for a larger aircraft that BM cannot provide?

BAladdy
3rd Nov 2018, 18:11
Has the BRS-MXP been dropped all together as it is not available to book next summer?.

fanrailuk
4th Nov 2018, 01:17
BRS > MXP has ceased.

Why isn't EZY on this route?!

sixchannel
4th Nov 2018, 08:30
BRS > MXP has ceased.

Why isn't EZY on this route?!
Maybe not enough passenger numbers?

Bristol_Traveller
4th Nov 2018, 10:07
The BRU situation is odd, for a number of reasons.

Is Brussels bringing an RJ85 back into fleet, or using a different operator under a wetlease arrangement? If that's the case, why isn't there a wetlease operator showing on those flights? Or is the RJ85 just a placeholder for 'some other aircraft'.

Why did SN transfer *operation* of the route to BM? It's a BM route these days, codesharing back to SN. Why take it back again? Or have BM given it back?

I can maybe understand a a capacity issue driving the change, but the load factors to BRU aren't dangerously overcrowded. And surely an RJ85 is less efficient on a seat cost per kilometre basis than an Emby?

It looks like change is coming, and I'll be glad if SN come back to operating (for all the Star Alliance reasons), but I'm not sure it means an RJ85 is coming to the route. I could be wrong.

Also in the mix - SN and EW (Eurowings) are meant to be '''aligning" on European flight operations, with a strong inference from LH that they'll continue their policy of moving intra-European (non-hub) flying to Eurowings or similar low-cost operation. It's not clear yet if they see BRU as a hub on a par with FRA/MUC/ZRH/VIE.

dboy
4th Nov 2018, 11:35
Well as an outsider i can only assume that bmi lost their contract with SN. And somehow it makes sense. With the Brexit coming up, would you as SN, continue with a UK company that might not be able anymore to do domestic flights in the continent?? I would rather choose for a european company who is allowed to do so instead of giving me problems.

Somehow very strange because the brs-bru was a bmi route. Perhaps they had to drop that under pressure because SN wanting doing these flights again with bigger aircraft. Bmi would be unable to compete with that.

Rumour_Jay
4th Nov 2018, 17:03
Well as an outsider i can only assume that bmi lost their contract with SN. And somehow it makes sense. With the Brexit coming up, would you as SN, continue with a UK company that might not be able anymore to do domestic flights in the continent?? I would rather choose for a european company who is allowed to do so instead of giving me problems.

Somehow very strange because the brs-bru was a bmi route. Perhaps they had to drop that under pressure because SN wanting doing these flights again with bigger aircraft. Bmi would be unable to compete with that.

I'd be very surprised if bmi loses the SN contract.

Fly757X
4th Nov 2018, 18:04
BMR6KZ/BM1507 Returned to LDY with crew reporting a fuel smell and smoke in the cabin.

Cheers to SpeedbirdATC who brought this up elsewhere. :)

Cyrano
5th Nov 2018, 09:39
The BRU situation is odd, for a number of reasons.

Is Brussels bringing an RJ85 back into fleet, or using a different operator under a wetlease arrangement? If that's the case, why isn't there a wetlease operator showing on those flights? Or is the RJ85 just a placeholder for 'some other aircraft'.

I'm looking at the BRS-BRU SN schedule for Summer 2019 on ch-aviation and it is clearly listing aircraft type RJ85 and operator WX.

dboy
5th Nov 2018, 11:46
So bmi must have lost the SN contracts.

TartinTon
5th Nov 2018, 18:20
I'm looking at the BRS-BRU SN schedule for Summer 2019 on ch-aviation and it is clearly listing aircraft type RJ85 and operator WX.

2 + 2 = 5....or maybe 6

PDXCWL45
5th Nov 2018, 18:42
2 + 2 = 5....or maybe 6

On Brussels Airlines website it comes in the summer as operated by Brussels Airlines and the equipment as AR8 this starts in April prior to April it clearly states that they are operated by BMI regional on ERJ 145. Also the flight numbers are different the BMI flight number start with a 4 and the Brussels with a 2. It's probable the AR8s are being wet leased from CityJet.

caaardiff
5th Nov 2018, 20:05
So bmi must have lost the SN contracts.

The only contract to be lost would be SN codesharing on BMI's flights. The "contract" or wet lease was ended last year when BM took on the route themselves and SN sold the flight as a codeshare. A number of benefits were then lost to customers as it was under BM's terms. This could well have resulted in a loss of demand on the route which SN want to recover. Also WX are using SSJ's for SN which SN really aren't happy with. It could be that the RJ's are returning to replace the SSJ and there's been a shuffle in where these aircraft are to be used.
If demand on the route did drop, it may be a mutual decision, given that BM have transferred some aircraft the Loganair.

22/04
6th Nov 2018, 08:42
RJs are returning in the short term - SSJs gone by March of course

Bristol_Traveller
6th Nov 2018, 12:18
That's a remarkable situation for SN to be in - to wind back fleet after such a big event of retiring the RJs.

I was on BRS-BRU evening flight recently and it was 45/48 pax, so almost fully loaded..

I guess if SN are going to go in the EW direction, that means consistently offering easyJet level fares, and that does mean having lower cost per passenger seat kilometer, and I guess more inventory. That could be the change driver.(although still not sure that the RJ is lower cost per seat than the Emby, but I could be wrong).

It does also give real-life data point to BM's consistent claims to be looking at larger aircraft but it never quite materialising. If they couldn't justify a larger aircraft in this situation, I'd be surprised if it is going to be driven by other routes.

Cyrano
6th Nov 2018, 14:50
That's a remarkable situation for SN to be in - to wind back fleet after such a big event of retiring the RJs.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think anyone is suggesting that SN is bringing back RJs into their own fleet, merely that they are wet-leasing CityJet RJs. Some of the press coverage I've seen talks about the SSJs being replaced by CRJs so it could well be that CityJet is providing the Avros for Summer 19 as an interim solution (since they have aircraft/crew available) until enough CRJs and crew are available.

BAladdy
6th Nov 2018, 14:58
BM’s ER3 G-RJXP doesn’t seem to have operated a flight for about 6 weeks now. Anyone know if the aircraft has been WFU?.

Fly757X
6th Nov 2018, 15:05
BM’s ER3 G-RJXP doesn’t seem to have operated a flight for about 6 weeks now. Anyone know if the aircraft has been WFU?.

Maintainence in Lisbon.

Rumour_Jay
6th Nov 2018, 16:32
The only contract to be lost would be SN codesharing on BMI's flights. The "contract" or wet lease was ended last year when BM took on the route themselves and SN sold the flight as a codeshare. A number of benefits were then lost to customers as it was under BM's terms. This could well have resulted in a loss of demand on the route which SN want to recover. Also WX are using SSJ's for SN which SN really aren't happy with. It could be that the RJ's are returning to replace the SSJ and there's been a shuffle in where these aircraft are to be used.
If demand on the route did drop, it may be a mutual decision, given that BM have transferred some aircraft the Loganair.

BM also fly wet lease SN on other routes though. Last I checked BRU-SXB, BRU-HAJ, BRU-TRN.

BAladdy
6th Nov 2018, 17:28
BM also fly wet lease SN on other routes though. Last I checked BRU-SXB, BRU-HAJ, BRU-TRN.
All those routes also now showing as operated by a RJ85 for S19.

22/04
6th Nov 2018, 18:56
RJs are returning in the short term - SSJs gone by March of course

Sorry for any confusion WX RJs returning operating for SN.

scodaman
6th Nov 2018, 20:19
BMI using a RJ85 G-JOTR from Jota for LDY-STN-LDY today.

Fly757X
6th Nov 2018, 20:42
BMI using a RJ85 G-JOTR from Jota for LDY-STN-LDY today.

How Ironic considering what was mention in this thread beforehand.

Morrihell
6th Nov 2018, 23:52
Maintainence in Lisbon.

Maintenance in Alverca....not Lisbon.

MH

Fly757X
7th Nov 2018, 00:01
Maintenance in Alverca....not Lisbon.

MH

Cheers 👍🏽 Never knew it was even an airfield, will read up on it now!

Bristol_Traveller
10th Nov 2018, 20:04
Just to put a little more oil on the SN RJ-85 discussion, GDS is now showing the SN operating flight as AR8, and the BM codeshare as operated by an A320.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1431x198/bm_sn_gds_ee4baaecca360925cc9d5813ca8f9e8c429e6381.png

So which do you believe?

Rutan16
11th Nov 2018, 13:28
Cheers 👍🏽 Never knew it was even an airfield, will read up on it now!

It’s about ten miles north of Lisbon Airport on the West Bank of the Tagus .You fly over it when landing from the North and it’s home for the Portuguese Hercules transports

There are several airfields around the periphery of Lisbon; Cascais, Sintra, Alenquer and Montijo in addition to Portela (Humberto Delgado) the main airport.
Landing at Lisbon from the south is one of my favourite approaches at any European capital

scodaman
15th Nov 2018, 20:00
The cancellations on the PSO tax payer funded route LDY-STN-LDY service are happening far too often and are bordering on farcical.

Tonight's LDY-STN-LDY service was cancelled again. The pricing on the route is very high as it stands when compared to Belfast and cancellations do nothing for the reputation of Flybmi

Fly757X
15th Nov 2018, 20:18
The cancellations on the PSO tax payer funded route LDY-STN-LDY service are happening far too often and are bordering on farcical.

Tonight's LDY-STN-LDY service was cancelled again. The pricing on the route is very high as it stands when compared to Belfast and cancellations do nothing for the reputation of Flybmi

A/C is tech, another frame will position in tomorrow morning with the early rotation also affected.

buzz_hornet
16th Nov 2018, 12:16
A/C is tech, another frame will position in tomorrow morning with the early rotation also affected.

no new frame, XG now running 3.5hrs late

cuthere
16th Nov 2018, 14:33
Five hours late now. They must be burning through their PSO money by blowing it all on compensation/hotels etc. The negative publicity in the NW isn’t helping them. The worst thing was a friend of mine was travelling on last night’s LDY-STN. All was apparently well up to half an hour before scheduled departure. Clearly they found a tech issue very last minute. Which is galling as the plane had been on the ground for the previous eight hours.

SWBKCB
17th Nov 2018, 08:12

Any data to back this up? I know FR24 isn't totally relaible, but a quick look shows about 4 days with significant disruption in the last three months

Sharklet_321
20th Nov 2018, 04:26
Is the Embraer-135 aircraft economical to run? It must surely have an astronomical cost per seat compared to ATR-72/Q400 given that it seems to weigh the same (MTOW) but has half the passenger capacity.

SWBKCB
20th Nov 2018, 06:37
Operating costs will be higher but capital costs will be significantly lower :ok:

nighthawk117
20th Nov 2018, 08:29
Operating costs will be higher but capital costs will be significantly lower :ok:

The ATR 72 will need two cabin crew members, vs 1 on the Embraer 135.
The Embraers are also quite a bit faster too, and start to become more cost effective the longer the flight is. LDY-STN probably isnt long enough to start seeing the benefits though, but as mentioned, the cost of ownership probably helps.

Xavi22
6th Dec 2018, 16:55
bmi stops RLG-STR (Rostock - Stuttgart) due to "brexit" from beginning of January. Shortly they already reduced from 7/7 to 3/7. It is also not sure if they will fly the MUC-RLG route.Flughafen Rostock-Laage hat Probleme wegen Brexit (http://www.ostsee-zeitung.de/Nachrichten/MV-aktuell/Flughafen-Rostock-Laage-hat-Probleme-wegen-Brexit)

TartinTon
6th Dec 2018, 20:23
bmi stops RLG-STR (Rostock - Stuttgart) due to "brexit" from beginning of January. Shortly they already reduced from 7/7 to 3/7. It is also not sure if they will fly the MUC-RLG route.Flughafen Rostock-Laage hat Probleme wegen Brexit (http://www.ostsee-zeitung.de/Nachrichten/MV-aktuell/Flughafen-Rostock-Laage-hat-Probleme-wegen-Brexit)

Hahaha! What a load of rubbish. I note they don't mention the 19% domestic VAT levied by the German government on every ticket or the fact that Stuttgart are due to jack up their charges from next April.....brexit my arse....if that's the case then I assume it's only a matter of time before bmi pull all their intra-european ops then? Utter garbage.

mullac30
6th Dec 2018, 21:06
Why hasn't another ERJ (G-RJXF - I think) transferred to Loganair yet? Wasn't it mean't to be transferred in November?

Fly757X
6th Dec 2018, 21:32
Why hasn't another ERJ (G-RJXF - I think) transferred to Loganair yet? Wasn't it mean't to be transferred in November?

I don’t think it’s needed until the 1st day of the summer schedules, so maybe they’ve just put it back a bit because it is surplus to requirements at this time.

Nakata77
7th Dec 2018, 05:38
Taking into account that Loganair and flybmi are in the same group, does it follow that we might see flybmi also taking on some ATR-42's?

Cyrano
7th Dec 2018, 06:06
Taking into account that Loganair and flybmi are in the same group, does it follow that we might see flybmi also taking on some ATR-42's?
What for? (not trying to be smart, just wondering: given bmi's longer average sector lengths than Loganair, what bmi sectors would the ATR42 be suited for? Even if there were one or two, wouldn't it make more sense to sublease Loganair aircraft rather than duplicating the support overhead?)

19th Dec 2018, 17:12
With the EU stating that no U.K. airline can do intra Europe if a no deal brexit goes ahead it must be an extremely worrying time for AIL and fly bmi for their Munich base.