PDA

View Full Version : Thomson airways-2

Matt5
28th Aug 2017, 14:19
Hi guys, wondering if any of you can shed some light on a seating query I have.

Last month we booked up with Thomson for a week in Tenerife from Birmingham in Sep 2018. There are 3 of us going and when we booked we upgraded to seats with extra space (exit seats), upon seat allocation I noticed the flight was booked for a 738.

We've recently had the 'progchange' email, and our booked flights are now cancelled, so after a phone call we've been moved onto the same holiday but a flight a few days earlier, this time a 752, which is absolutely fine, I actually prefer them.

However, upon selecting our new seats, we've noticed that we cannot group all 3 of us together as there are no 3 exit row seats together on their 752 seat plan. I find this odd as we flew on a TUI 752 last year and row 12/13 on the right hand side was 3 exit row seats grouped together, I remember thinking to myself if we flew on one again, I'd grab them. Also Seat guru lists the same plan as I'd remembered.

Seat Guru 752 layout:

TUI 752 online seat plan layout:

There are other differences too, for example the TUI plan shows row 1 as 2 seats alone on the right of the plane, and the plan skips row 9 out entirely.

All this is of no bother to me however, and I'd be happy to break the group of 3 of us up with an aisle, but as we've been moved onto a different flight we've been pipped by other people booking 4 of the remaining seats, meaning with only 8 available to start with, our group cannot be seated together.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light as to the deal with row 12 on the TUI plan, and why 12A is not listed as a seat with extra leg room as it surely must be?

Are there two different cabin layouts on the TUI 752? I distinctly remember being on one just last year and 12A was I'm sure a 'free leg room' exit row seat.

Edit to add: Sorry guys, I was hoping I'd be able to add screenshots of the seat layouts, but I can't as I've not got 10 posts :rolleyes:

pamann
28th Aug 2017, 18:41
To answer some of your Q's I'm no expert so please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Rows 8/10/11 are extra space seats, row 9 was removed a few years ago to accommodate this. 3x3 layout (ABC/DEF).

Row 12 ABC I believe the door bustle restricts legroom space and that's why TUI don't sell 12 A as extra space.

Rows 32 3x3 (ABC/DEF) are all extra space. As should be 2DEF at the front.

Hope this helps.

brian_dromey
28th Aug 2017, 20:02
There are definitely extra legroom seats to the front on the 757. I dot recall exactly which rows, but they are non-exit rows with much more room, about 25'' if memory serves me correctly.

CabinCrewe
28th Aug 2017, 20:54
If I got 25" id be wanting my money back and some DVT stockings...

caaardiff
29th Aug 2017, 17:10
To answer some of your Q's I'm no expert so please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Rows 8/10/11 are extra space seats, row 9 was removed a few years ago to accommodate this. 3x3 layout (ABC/DEF).
Row 12 ABC I believe the door bustle restricts legroom space and that's why TUI don't sell 12 A as extra space.
Rows 32 3x3 (ABC/DEF) are all extra space. As should be 2DEF at the front.

Correct with the exception of 2DEF.
On all of TUI's 757's 2DEF has a bulk head wall in front of it, so although no seats in front, there's also nowhere to put your feet as you would if there were seats in front. Leg room is slightly better but not massively, so these seats aren't sold as extra space.
On some 757's 1BC still exists but are never used, which means 2A has more space as no seat in front.
On some 1BC doesn't exist and 2ABC is an exit row with loads of space.
On some 2ABC has a bulkhead wall in front of it, similar to how 2DEF is setup.

12DE are also great seats for a couple. 12F doesn't exist on any of the 757's

MKY661
25th Sep 2017, 14:27
Rebrand to TUI Airlines UK is happening this Sunday I believe? According to Jethro anyway.

HS-125
26th Sep 2017, 18:10
I see G-OOBD flew direct from Luton to Orlando Sanford today (!) - I guess this is another round the world charter?

sparkysam
28th Sep 2017, 00:06
Could anyone tell me why no CUN flights from MAN bookable between 15/04/18 and 28/04/18 thank you in anticipation

dmouse88
11th Oct 2017, 13:20
Have we any info on TUI UK a/c on Scandinavian flights this winter, and what are the cruise flights.

bjones4
15th Oct 2017, 13:46
Rebrand to TUI Airlines UK is happening this Sunday I believe? According to Jethro anyway.
Certainly has, information on G-INFO updated overnight, now showing the AOC belonging to 'TUI AIRWAYS Ltd TRADING AS: TUI'