PDA

View Full Version : Air Navigation Solutions Assessment Day

Matt09
25th Sep 2017, 12:02
Hi All,

I couldn't find anything covering this using search.

Does anyone know what the day involves?

Is it similar to the NATS online tests?

Thanks in advance

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Sep 2017, 16:47
You should have been fully briefed on what you need to do. Take a Dalton Computer and a sharp B pencil just in case. Good luck.

brianj
26th Sep 2017, 10:07
No ATCO should be allowed anything sharp surely?

Matt09
29th Sep 2017, 06:13
You should have been fully briefed on what you need to do. Take a Dalton Computer and a sharp B pencil just in case. Good luck.
All we were told is we’ll be given more details in October.

HP6
7th Oct 2017, 13:48
13 November, for Day 1. But there is no mention of a Dalton Computer,.....yet !!
Brushing up on psycho metric tests, seems the main thing to do, then hope the general knowledge questions are sensible.

Kcross123
9th Oct 2017, 16:51
13 November, for Day 1. But there is no mention of a Dalton Computer,.....yet !!
Brushing up on psycho metric tests, seems the main thing to do, then hope the general knowledge questions are sensible.
Hi, I also have my assessment on the 13th. how are you preparing for stage 1? what websites/resources are you using?

Many thanks

mich_65
8th Nov 2017, 13:04
hi guys,

i'm gonna attend the assessment on the 14th. i'm not preparing too much, just practicing some verbal reasoning etc and getting some knowledge about the company, ATC at LGW and general info about LGW.

I've asked them if the tests are gonna include the FEAST and DART test because I'm not allowed to repeat them and they said it's different tests so I'm quite curious what it's gonna be.

good luck to everyone :-)

Turnerc346
12th Nov 2017, 18:47
Evening!

Would anyone be able to shed a bit more light on the ANS process such as training, training location, any rumour on a salary? I've applied for the Trainee Edinburgh controller and not info out there.

However I guess some of you are much like my self and cant find much!

Thanks

Chris

Glamdring
13th Nov 2017, 08:11
Training is carried out in Frankfurt, beyond that I can't tell you anything else.

Turnerc346
13th Nov 2017, 15:31
Wow! Frankfurt! Didn't see that coming haha!

Turnerc346
16th Nov 2017, 16:58

Hey!

How'd your testing go? Feel free to PM me if you want to keep it off the forums!

chevvron
30th Nov 2017, 09:18
Wow! Frankfurt! Didn't see that coming haha!

Wassup? In my limited experience, the food in Germany is bloody nice.

LEGAL TENDER
30th Nov 2017, 09:44
Closing date is tomorrow so whatever you decide to do, do it quick! :)

LaserEyes
4th Dec 2017, 21:50
I got an e-mail today inviting me to the assessments for Edinburgh in January. Did anyone else?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any further info they can share about ANS, terms and conditions, salary expectations etc.

LEGAL TENDER
5th Dec 2017, 10:54
The information is not publicly available, but the figures and T&Cs are very similar to what the UK largest ANSP offers at units of similar size!

SINGAPURCANAC
5th Dec 2017, 11:30
The information is not publicly available,
And what is the point of forum????

resemble me on some Toyota forum ,run by local Toyota distributor, on every question or problem answer was : consult your dealer .....
:}:ugh::ugh::yuk::yuk::mad:

LEGAL TENDER
5th Dec 2017, 13:07
go on then, tell us your employer, salary, pension, shift pattern, hours, holiday entitlement and benefits.

What's the point of a forum otherwise? :)

SINGAPURCANAC
5th Dec 2017, 17:23
Nobody asked since my provider is not open for foreign qualyfied Atcos.
But more or less,
4 times average salary - twr/app
Pension is unkown ( we don't believe that there will be any for our generation)- pension plus health insurance cca 45% on net salary
Working hours in the line with others in Europe (cca 144hr/mt)
Holiday depends on years of experience but min 25-30 working days plus 15 days recreational leave
Shift patern- as you agree with colleagues (sched mandatory published up to 20th for next month- no changes without atcos approval)
8% for sup, 10-15 %ojti/assesor/examiners

And I think that for any CRCO ANSP the same is applicable .
So, it is your turn, :)

LEGAL TENDER
5th Dec 2017, 22:27
Boring. ��������

chevvron
22nd Dec 2017, 22:58
if the figures and T&Cs are very similar to what the UK largest ANSP offers at units of similar size why choose ANS over NATS ???

Do ANS have their own College of Air Traffic Services in the UK?

SilentHandover
23rd Dec 2017, 09:01
Chevvron, no. The ab initio trainees are going to the DFS college in Langen.

Packer27L
23rd Dec 2017, 10:04
if the figures and T&Cs are very similar to what the UK largest ANSP offers at units of similar size why choose ANS over NATS ??
Do ANS have their own College of Air Traffic Services in the UK?
Does NATS?

Glamdring
23rd Dec 2017, 10:18
Does NATS?

Yes, it does.

chevvron
23rd Dec 2017, 13:25
Chevvron, no. The ab initio trainees are going to the DFS college in Langen.

Do they get paid (like NATS trainees do) whilst at this college?

LEGAL TENDER
23rd Dec 2017, 15:20
Do they get paid (like NATS trainees do) whilst at this college?

Yes they do.

AyrTC
23rd Dec 2017, 18:33
Maybe you want to work at EGPH 🤔 or EGKK 😎

mich_65
23rd Dec 2017, 19:14
So what are the differences ?
why should i work for ANS and not NATS ?

I think it depends on your personal preferences and expectations in terms of employer and workplace.
ANS is way smaller then NATS currently only having the contract for edi and lgw tower - everyone in the company knows each other. It is a lot easier to make innovative changes because you don’t have to go through all the management people for example.
With NATS you have the advantage of having more bases - which you can’t choose anyways though.

So it depends on what you expect and want...

I personally think they’re both very good companies and with both you get paid during training. So if you’re lucky enough to get a position offered in ATC it doesnt really matter with who? The chances to get in are small enough.. ;-)

BARRY_SCOTT
23rd Dec 2017, 20:21
mich_65, what was the assessment like and were you successful?

mich_65
24th Dec 2017, 15:16
mich_65, what was the assessment like and were you successful?

Im guessing you mean the ANS one?
It was great but tense.
I expected it to be a smaller amount of people invited than it was (expected 30-50 and it was over 100) which put more pressure on us. The other candidates and everyone from ANS was very nice and made us feel welcome. After a quick introduction we had the first tests which was ten smaller tests with I think one break in between.
They weren’t hard but what made it hard was the amount of tasks in the small amount of time given. Most important thing is to stay focussed I guess and to move on if you can’t solve something instantly.
We had to come back in the afternoon and they read out the applicants numbers that had passed (if anyone wonders we were 23 in total that passed, nevertheless they had 32 slots for the next stage but not enough people passed). We then had another introduction to the second stage and had time to study the materials for the simulator. It is not allowed to take the material home you have to learn it by heart (rules, headings, flight levels etc) - which I don’t think was too hard because it wasn’t a big amount of information.
I was allocated the simulator and interview two days after instead of the next day so I had another day to relax.
I had the interview first and then the simulator. The interview was not a standard interview and fairly relaxed (compared to other interviews I had myself including for an ATCO trainee position) they just want to get to know you and understand why you want to become a controller.
The simulator consists of four different tests, which all are similar but different to the eurocontrol ones.

I had a bad feeling after because I thought I wasn’t very good and although they were going to tell us the next day it felt like an eternity.
Apparently got the wrong impression of myself as I got good news the day after :-)

Before I applied to AustroControl and Nats - passed the eurocontrol tests but not the interview in Austria and Nats wasn’t happy with my English results.
Comparing the 3 companies and interview and assessment processes I was the most impressed with ANS as they’re very helpful beforehand if you need any information and try to make everything as smooth as possible. Also preferred that all the assessment stages were completed within a week and feedback was given right after rather then with the other two where I had one assessment every month.
Nevertheless the NATS assessment process was very professional as well and everyone was very welcoming too.

Hope this helps..

BARRY_SCOTT
24th Dec 2017, 16:44
Thanks for your input. I've never applied to NATS or elsewhere so I'm quite looking forward to the experience.

mich_65
28th Dec 2017, 19:55
Good luck :-)

LaserEyes
3rd Jan 2018, 15:49
mich_65, thanks for the insight, very helpful! Congratulations to you on getting through! I'm sure you must have been delighted to get the good news. Do you know how many in total were offered jobs from your initial group of 100+?

I've got my assessment in Edinburgh in just less than 2 weeks. I have previously passed the FEAST so have been doing similar brain training exercises to make sure my mind is sharp. I'll also do some homework on the company and Edinburgh Airport.

I was wondering about the dress code for the assessments as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. What were the majority of people wearing at your assessment day? Suits, or slightly less formal wear?

BARRY_SCOTT
3rd Jan 2018, 16:24
I can't link URL's, but in a DFS press release they stated six students on the first course.

Six students will take part in the first tower training course that begins on 3 July 2017. Following the institutional training in Langen, Germany, these students will take up their practical training at Edinburgh Airport next March. The DFS subsidiary, Air Navigation Solutions Ltd., will take over the provision of tower and approach control at this Scottish airport on 1 April 2018. Also in 2018, three more training courses with six students each will be held for tower controllers from Gatwick Airport. Air Navigation Solutions Ltd. has been the air traffic control provider there since spring 2016. Further courses are being planned for 2018 and beyond. As of 2019, DFS will offer any open positions on courses not required by Air Navigation Solutions Ltd. to interested parties.

LaserEyes
3rd Jan 2018, 21:55
Thanks BARRY_SCOTT- I do remember hearing or reading 3 or 6 somewhere but wasn't sure which figure was correct or where it came from. Thanks for that.

Nostaw22
4th Jan 2018, 18:52
Hi Mich,

thanks for the info. were there any maths problem solving questions or was it more like cognitive function tests? and also what was the dress code like ?

thanks in advance.

@laserEeyes - see you at the assessment day! good luck !

mich_65
5th Jan 2018, 15:44
mich_65, thanks for the insight, very helpful! Congratulations to you on getting through! I'm sure you must have been delighted to get the good news. Do you know how many in total were offered jobs from your initial group of 100+?

I've got my assessment in Edinburgh in just less than 2 weeks. I have previously passed the FEAST so have been doing similar brain training exercises to make sure my mind is sharp. I'll also do some homework on the company and Edinburgh Airport.

I was wondering about the dress code for the assessments as I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. What were the majority of people wearing at your assessment day? Suits, or slightly less formal wear?

Heya,

They took three in total. The course in Frankfurt is usually 6 (this time for April 3 from EDI and 3 from LGW). The first course was last year it was 6 people from EDI and the second one this January I think 6 from LGW I think.

If you passed the FEAST before just go relaxed you should be fine. I wouldn’t prepare too much it just stresses you out.

Most people were dressed casual smart or had suits on. Most guys had jeans and a white shirt with blazer on :-)

mich_65
5th Jan 2018, 15:51
Hi Mich,

thanks for the info. were there any maths problem solving questions or was it more like cognitive function tests? and also what was the dress code like ?

thanks in advance.

@laserEeyes - see you at the assessment day! good luck !

Hi,

It was (in my opinion) quite easy stuff but I’ve always been good with maths so can’t give an objective opinion.

We had to solve equations (it’s obviously more than you could possibly solve in the time given - as in all the other tasks too they want to see how you prioritise and how accurate and fast you are etc) also there was a test where you had to complete equations to get to the result. The third mathematical one was calculations with numbers connected to symbols.
I think those three were all the mathematical stuff that there was. All basic stuff... apart from some fractions I couldn’t remember the rules :D school is too long ago..

Dress code as I said in the other answer smart casual :-)

LaserEyes
5th Jan 2018, 17:26
Thanks Mich.
I'm guessing you'll be on the April course then? Hopefully if I play my cards right I'll see you there!
Thanks for the dress code info too. I didn't want to turn up in a suit to find I was the only one who did!

@Nostaw22 - Awesome, see you there! Thanks, good luck to you too!

@BARY_SCOTT, are you attending the assessment in Edinburgh later this month too?

BARRY_SCOTT
5th Jan 2018, 17:32
(this time for April 3 from EDI and 3 from LGW).
Thanks for the info Mich. Your training starts next week? I wish you all the best with it!
Do you know if any of the Edinburgh students are working towards an APS rating or is everyone doing an ADI rating?

If I understand correctly, three places for the April course have already been assigned from the previous Gatwick assessment. So just 3 spots? No pressure. :E

FWIW, I'm planning on going trousers, shirt and smart jumper. A suit seems a bit too much.
Best of luck Nostaw22 and LaserEyes.:)

@LaserEyes: Yes, I'll be there. My stage 1 is in the AM session.

mich_65
6th Jan 2018, 13:28
Yes I’ll be on the April course.

To maybe motivate yous a bit more I’ve heard that they try to find people already for next years course which is obviously still a year away but if you’re good enough and can’t get a spot this year I guess it’s reasonable to wait a year for your dream job :-)

mich_65
6th Jan 2018, 14:34
Do you know if any of the Edinburgh students are working towards an APS rating or is everyone doing an ADI rating?

Both as far as I know. Initial training in Frankfurt for EDI is 9 month lgw is 6.

LaserEyes
6th Jan 2018, 15:01
@BARRY_SCOTT - Excellent, see you there! I'm in the first group too.

@Nostaww22 - Are you in the first or second group?

@mich_65 - That is good to know, I did wonder whether EDI would also be APS but I figured it most likely would be since EDI do their own approach service. My e-mail from ANS said 6 months in Frankfurt though so it's interesting to hear it will be 9 months. (One of the previous e-mails did contain some dates relating to Gatwick Assessments so perhaps the reference to 6 months was just another slight mix up.)

Glamdring
20th Jan 2018, 11:34
Yep, EDI students are doing both ADI & APS.

Caz21
16th Jul 2018, 22:46
Does anyone know if ANS are planning on recruiting next year for 2020 courses for LGW by any chance?

LaserEyes
21st Jul 2018, 15:15
I did ask ANS at the start of the year if any further opportunities were planned or likely to happen in the future, but did not get a direct answer to that I'm afraid.

I see they are now accepting applications for a selection process later this year, but no mention of anything for 2020.

If you don't get a better answer you could e-mail them to ask: [email protected]

wpg83
1st Aug 2018, 19:36
Just wondered about previous applicants' experiences-did ANS send an email straight away after applying? Or did you have to wait until after the closing date to hear anything back from them?

Caz21
4th Aug 2018, 23:22
I’ve sent in my CV as well but haven’t heard anything yet. Hoping they’re waiting until application closing date before they get in touch.

Caspian1
16th Aug 2018, 09:19
Just wondered about previous applicants' experiences-did ANS send an email straight away after applying? Or did you have to wait until after the closing date to hear anything back from them?

I applied about a week ago and heard back today. Anyone else?

Caz21
16th Aug 2018, 10:42
I applied about a week ago and heard back today. Anyone else?

No haven't heard anything yet. Have they invited you to do aptitude tests? If I haven't heard anything by next week I'll email them, at least so they can confirm they even received the application! I hope there isn't an upper age limit. I'm 32.

wpg83
16th Aug 2018, 11:32
No haven't heard anything yet. Have they invited you to do aptitude tests? If I haven't heard anything by next week I'll email them, at least so they can confirm they even received the application! I hope there isn't an upper age limit. I'm 32.
I've not heard back anything yet either. I know exactly what you mean, be good to know they received the application!

Caspian1
17th Aug 2018, 08:30
I hope there isn't an upper age limit. I'm 32.

Haha - I'm 38!

Have they invited you to do aptitude tests?

Yes, 17-18th Sept at a hotel near Gatwick.

I'd email/call early next week if you've not heard anything by COB today (they asked me to confirm my attendance by COB today).

Caz21
21st Aug 2018, 20:12
Still haven’t heard anything from them. I emailed their HR team and they said they’d check but never got back to me. What about you wpg83? Must admit I’m disappointed, I have plenty of experience in the aviation sector. Must need to go on a CV writing course I guess!

wpg83
22nd Aug 2018, 07:08
Still haven’t heard anything from them. I emailed their HR team and they said they’d check but never got back to me. What about you wpg83? Must admit I’m disappointed, I have plenty of experience in the aviation sector. Must need to go on a CV writing course I guess!

I've not heard anything back either!

Lemonair
23rd Aug 2018, 07:43
I've not heard anything back either!
Me neither, although I didn't get round to submitting until the middle of last week. Am trying to keep the 17th/18th free just in case. Do we assume it's one set of dates for September?

ibaran01
26th Aug 2018, 11:57
Hi!

Do you know when the training in Frankfurt starts if you get selected after assessment week in September 2018?

Lemonair
28th Aug 2018, 13:53
I gave ANS a call this morning and got put through to HR. Apparently they’re going to reply to anyone outstanding this week, and she advised me to block out from the 17th - 20th September for a possible interview. I assume they’re doing 2x batches of 2 days

Caz21
28th Aug 2018, 21:01
I gave ANS a call this morning and got put through to HR. Apparently they’re going to reply to anyone outstanding this week, and she advised me to block out from the 17th - 20th September for a possible interview. I assume they’re doing 2x batches of 2 days

Well that’s good news, fingers crossed we’ll hear something soon!

sparkyt
30th Aug 2018, 21:32
32? Whipper snapper! I'm 40 something. I heard back today so will see some of you in a couple of weeks.

Princeofpersia
31st Aug 2018, 19:31
Hello guys, I have just applied for the trainee ATC at Edinburgh and I wanted to ask, how long did it took to get a reply back?

BTW, good luck to everyone applying here! :)

Caz21
3rd Sep 2018, 22:05

Did you hear anything last week? Nothing for me. I'm giving up expecting to hear from them!

Lemonair
4th Sep 2018, 13:45
Did you hear anything last week? Nothing for me. I'm giving up expecting to hear from them!

No I didn’t, rang again yesterday and reception said Rachel from HR was in a meeting and would get back to me same day but she didn’t. Not getting a good vibe in terms of professionalism and resource if I’m honest, it feels like they’ve been overwhelmed by organising it all. Especially as we’re within 2 weeks now and no info on any material we need to learn etc.!

I need to know fairly urgently as I’ve got a meeting clash in my current work with the big boss, I guess I’ll just have to rearrange it and then look daft if I’m in work after all. I’ve got NATS stage 3 in October so I guess I’ll put my energy into that for now.

Hope we hear something eventually!

Caz21
4th Sep 2018, 20:36
Yes I’ve felt the same, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been inundated with applications and haven’t been able to keep on top of them. Makes me wonder if they’ll do another set of interviews next month as well.....

Lemonair
5th Sep 2018, 05:25
Yes I’ve felt the same, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve been inundated with applications and haven’t been able to keep on top of them. Makes me wonder if they’ll do another set of interviews next month as well.....

Yeah that’s a good point. It will be interesting to hear what people’s experiences of ANS are when a few more courses start, whether this is in isolation or if resourcing has been underestimated elsewhere etc.

Princeofpersia
7th Sep 2018, 17:08
Tried to email airnavigationsolutions using this email address:

[email protected]

On wedensday 5th september but nobodys got back to me yet.

Has anybody else heard back yet from ANS?

Lemonair
7th Sep 2018, 20:29
Tried to email airnavigationsolutions using this email address:

recruitment@airnavigyes, ationsolutions.co.uk

On wedensday 5th september but nobodys got back to me yet.

Has anybody else heard back yet from ANS?

Yes but I had to be very persistent - I called them 5 times in a 2 week period and sent a couple of emails, and only the 5th call got me anywhere. On that 5th call the guy said if I hadn’t heard back already it was probably a no, then checked his list and said I was on it after all...

The deadline for us confirming the interview offer was today, but if you call them on Monday and explain no one ever got back to you then I’m sure they’ll make an exception. Use the number on their website, it’ll take you to the switchboard and you’ll get put through to HR. My advice would be don’t hang up until you have a straight answer there and then as they seem very overworked and want to hang up on you pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Princeofpersia
7th Sep 2018, 23:25
Yes but I had to be very persistent - I called them 5 times in a 2 week period and sent a couple of emails, and only the 5th call got me anywhere. On that 5th call the guy said if I hadn’t heard back already it was probably a no, then checked his list and said I was on it after all...

The deadline for us confirming the interview offer was today, but if you call them on Monday and explain no one ever got back to you then I’m sure they’ll make an exception. Use the number on their website, it’ll take you to the switchboard and you’ll get put through to HR. My advice would be don’t hang up until you have a straight answer there and then as they seem very overworked and want to hang up on you pretty quickly.

Good luck!

lol I dont even know if Ive got an interview for the Edinburgh position yet. The Ad mentioned "closing date for applicants is 21st October 2018" and i applied on 31st August (I think or wedensday 29th)

I just wanted to know If my applications received or not lol.

Bit fast paced for them to give you a Interview immediately without you knowing about it!

Princeofpersia
7th Sep 2018, 23:27

Good luck!

Are you applying for the Gatwick position?

Lemonair
8th Sep 2018, 06:31
Are you applying for the Gatwick position?

Oh my bad yes this is Gatwick. Yes it’s all been a bit disorganised :ugh:

Jah95
9th Sep 2018, 22:27
Hi,

It was (in my opinion) quite easy stuff but I’ve always been good with maths so can’t give an objective opinion.

We had to solve equations (it’s obviously more than you could possibly solve in the time given - as in all the other tasks too they want to see how you prioritise and how accurate and fast you are etc) also there was a test where you had to complete equations to get to the result. The third mathematical one was calculations with numbers connected to symbols.
I think those three were all the mathematical stuff that there was. All basic stuff... apart from some fractions I couldn’t remember the rules :D school is too long ago..

Dress code as I said in the other answer smart casual :-)

Hey,

Was this a paper pen thing where you was allowed to use calculators?

Jah95
9th Sep 2018, 22:33
Does anyone have any tips on the assessment and what to look out for please??

(ANS)

LaserEyes
14th Sep 2018, 21:41
Yes, all of the tests on the first day are pen and paper, with each set of tests described and instructions shown on an overhead projector with opportunity to ask questions if unsure, and a set of examples to work through before doing the actual test exercise. If I remember correctly there was no calculator allowed.

The one tip I would give is, particularly for the calculation one, they get progressively more difficult the further through the exercise you get. So don't get lulled into a false sense of security and think "This is easy, I've got plenty of time." Try to work as quickly and accurately as you can, and don't panic if you don't have time to finish them all - as mich_65 said, there are more generally more parts to the exercises than anyone could manage in the allotted time.

If you get through the morning stage and asked to stay for the afternoon stage, it is more of the same. If you are then asked to come back for the 2nd day of testing, the tests will all be computer based, followed by a panel interview.

Good luck!

Jah95
15th Sep 2018, 10:47
Thanks for the heads up mate.

Also does the FEAST test help a lot in the first stage of the assessment or not really?

OllieMeres
15th Sep 2018, 16:15
Hi All,

I am looking to apply for the trainee vacancy posted at Edinburgh Airport. Unfortunately however it said that the application window has now closed despite advertising until the 21st October 2018.

Has anyone experienced similar?

I'm a little disappointed and was really looking forward to the selection process.

Thanks,

Ollie

Longlivelex
17th Sep 2018, 17:24
Any tips from anyone who was in group 1, 2 and 3 at Gatwick today?

What to look out for or anything of the sort?

Thanks

LaserEyes
17th Sep 2018, 23:36
Thanks for the heads up mate.

Also does the FEAST test help a lot in the first stage of the assessment or not really?

Not a lot, to be honest. The exercises are different and I think there are more of them with ANS. If you've done the FEAST it will give you an idea of what to expect in terms of pace, and a little experience of psychometric testing. Obviously the main skills being assessed are essentially the same so if you did well at FEAST then I imagine you have the skills and ability to do well with the ANS assessments. And even if you didn't do very well at FEAST, hopefully the experience will have shown you what areas you think you may need to do better in.

One thing I did beforehand was practice playing different brain training apps on my phone, to sharpen and focus my brain and get used to learning and understanding new tasks and performing them quickly and accurately.

Princeofpersia
17th Oct 2018, 20:22
Hello there, any update on anyone getting a reply back from airnavigation solution ltd?

Didi101
1st Nov 2018, 07:05
hi

I’ve recently been invited an assessment day for ANS. I’m so excited. Any tips on how to prep? Any useful links ? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks ;)

Princeofpersia
1st Nov 2018, 13:57
hi

I’ve recently been invited an assessment day for ANS. I’m so excited. Any tips on how to prep? Any useful links ? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks ;)

congrats. Where is it for? Gatwick? And how much time have you got?

Didi101
2nd Nov 2018, 15:36
congrats. Where is it for? Gatwick? And how much time have you got?

Sorry forgot to mention it’s for the 20th of November for LGW station

ATCOWEN
9th Nov 2018, 13:53
Hey,

Can anyone give any advice on ways to prepare for stage 1? any good websites or apps etc?

Vexr
14th Nov 2018, 12:14
Anyone apply for ANS ATC Gatwick just before the closing date? I applied on the 7th November, with the closing date said to be the 8th or 9th depending on where in the ad you looked. I haven't heard anything back other than an automated acknowledgement. With the assessment centre said to be starting on the 19th (Monday), that's not leaving much time...

ATCOWEN
14th Nov 2018, 14:17
Anyone apply for ANS ATC Gatwick just before the closing date? I applied on the 7th November, with the closing date said to be the 8th or 9th depending on where in the ad you looked. I haven't heard anything back other than an automated acknowledgement. With the assessment centre said to be starting on the 19th (Monday), that's not leaving much time...
I think you would have heard back by now, but you could give them a ring? It's possible they reached there target number of applications and so don't need/can't take anymore and so closed it earlier (because I was told that was a possibility).

Vexr
14th Nov 2018, 15:27
I think you would have heard back by now, but you could give them a ring? It's possible they reached there target number of applications and so don't need/can't take anymore and so closed it earlier (because I was told that was a possibility).

I gave them a call and sadly didn't get selected this time, though sounds like I wasn't far off. Best of luck at the assessment centre.

Vexr
26th Nov 2018, 20:52
How'd folks find the ANS Gatwick assessment centre last week?

Alex Ungureanu
31st Aug 2019, 13:09
Did anyone applied for the Trainee ATC this year? Have you been called for the assessment day yet?

Giacofa
2nd Sep 2019, 08:09
Hi Alex,
yes I've applied about a month ago, already done my online tests and waiting for the feedback. I was told they would get back by Sept 16th, and that, if successful, assessment days would be around 7-10 October.

Alex Ungureanu
2nd Sep 2019, 13:27
Hi Alex,
yes I've applied about a month ago, already done my online tests and waiting for the feedback. I was told they would get back by Sept 16th, and that, if successful, assessment days would be around 7-10 October.

Nice! Well done! How was the online test?

I've just applied a few days ago...I just hope it not to late.

Giacofa
2nd Sep 2019, 14:57
Nice! Well done! How was the online test?

I've just applied a few days ago...I just hope it not to late.

Thank you. It was verbal, numerical and visual reasoning. Pretty standard I'd say, but for sure not easy. Don't expect to be able to solve all the problems :)
Good luck!

crewboy123
16th Sep 2019, 10:34
Hi All,

I applied back in May but have not heard back anything further since then...

Ive emailed them today to see if they are not going with my application. I just emailed the ‘admin@..’ address. Does anyone have any emails for the recruitment team?

Good luck all

JJDS
16th Sep 2019, 18:23
Hi all, I complete my online tests recently and received an email today informing me that I was successful and have been invited to attend the assessment day on 7th October. Has anyone else had the email? If so does anyone know what to expect on the day?

P.s if you applied online and didn't receive an email with the link to the test check your junk mail, thats where mine was hiding.

Majidgani12
16th Sep 2019, 18:37
I got an email today saying I was successful and will be going to the next stage. More info to follow soon I am told!

dtm95
16th Sep 2019, 19:57
Chalk another up for successful online tests. Same boat as everyone else now waiting for the next stage. Need to look at booking some time off work!

wml12
16th Sep 2019, 23:02
Another lucky one here, looking forward to it :) I've heard that there's not really anything you can do to prepare for the tests, but I'm doing things like sudoku just to keep my brain active, is there anything else that would be useful?

Giacofa
17th Sep 2019, 09:18
Congrats guys! I'm looking forward to meeting you all in Gatwick.
I personally have no idea of what to expect (my FEAST was toooo long ago..) but I think I'll be practicing exercises such as those found in the internet test.

dtm95
20th Sep 2019, 07:01
Email went out late last night with the details for the assessment. I have booked myself in this morning to a nice cheap B&B round the corner with free parking. Thought I'd get in there quick before prices have a chance to sky rocket!

JJDS
20th Sep 2019, 09:53
Email went out late last night with the details for the assessment. I have booked myself in this morning to a nice cheap B&B round the corner with free parking. Thought I'd get in there quick before prices have a chance to sky rocket!

Yes, read the email this morning. Sounds like quite a few people will be there. Good luck everyone :)

JJDS
20th Sep 2019, 14:16
Does anyone have any more info regarding the 6 months training in Germany should we be successful? Is on site accommodation provided, do you get much time to come home and visit family etc?

Thanks

Giacofa
4th Oct 2019, 09:47
Hey all,
The day is getting closer :D
If anyone would like to meet up for a drink Sunday night, I'll be staying in Horley. Just pm me to exchange numbers, in case.
Cheers and good luck to everyone!

Bn98
7th Oct 2019, 20:11
Went to the assessment at Gatwick today, unfortunately just had the bad news call! At least it saves the trip in to get the result tomorrow.

The tests didnt seem too difficult but I was aware that I may have been slow in some areas so timing is a big one!
​​​​​To make it even more frustrating I only just missed the mark! Theres always next time!...
​​​

dFixxx3r
10th Oct 2019, 15:15
Also failed the first round.
apparently there was 650 online applicants and there was 130 who passed the online test and were invited to the assesment.
Paper based. No way to prepare. Maybe remember how to multply and divide if you are bad with it.
Most important to be fast. Be fast like somebody is running after you.
The hardest task for me and the one I didn't expect is when you have a minute to memorise info on the paper and then answer the questions about it. Too similar data and not enough time..
But again, you can't prepare except being fresh and focused 110%

If you pass next and final round is simulator and interview in the same day..
If someone knows, please do tell how many people have succeeded

ManUtd1999
13th Oct 2019, 10:51
Any word if the current interview round is all for Gatwick or if there are positions at Edinburgh as well?

AppleUK
6th Nov 2019, 22:06
Hi all just a quick question. I notice applications are now open for 2021, with assessments in Autumn 2020. Does anybody know when exactly training starts in 2021? Thank you:)