PDA

View Full Version : Trump executive order re N. Korea, Venezuela et al

ExXB
25th Sep 2017, 10:51
Latest advice from my usual source.

As was the case with the 29 June 2017 order, this new Executive Order has no impact on carrier operations as it does not revoke existing visas. Carriers will continue to be required to determine whether passengers from these countries have valid visas, just as they did before any of these restrictions were imposed by the Trump Administration.

I tried to find the original thread but ...

edi_local
25th Sep 2017, 15:17
I can't see this affecting too many North Koreans, so it seems to be utterly pointless to ban them. I'd imagine that any of them leaving won't be heading for the USA as with no diplomatic relations it'd be pretty hard to get a visa, even from a third country embassy. Also, any who have managed to get to the South automatically gain citizenship there and would thus be free to travel to the USA with very little restrictions anyway.

ExXB
25th Sep 2017, 16:02
Not sure how this ended up in SLF. This was intended for those inside the business. It is also a follow up to a long thread in R&Ns that seems to have expired.

I think the latest 'order' basically forbids the state department from issuing visas. Any valid visas remain in effect.