PDA

View Full Version : Dublin-3

Pages : [1] 2 3

waterford87
7th Sep 2017, 18:44
Expect multiple announcements regarding new routes and expanded frequencies for Dublin to Canada next week.

EI-A330-300
7th Sep 2017, 19:45
Almost 3.1 million up 7%.

Europe 1.6 million up 7%
UK 922,000 flat (or down 0.3% to be exact)
Transatlantic 409,000 up 21%
Middle East and Africa 95,000 up 15%
Domestic 10,000 down 1%

Year to date just over 20 million up 6%

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-20m-passengers-so-far-this-year

In other news Cobalt Aero have announced this week LCA will operate year round twice weekly.

waterford87
8th Sep 2017, 21:05
Big announcements to come next week from for Dublin and Shannon multiple new routes and frequency increases.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Sep 2017, 11:23
All sounds rather exciting, any idea which day?

EI-BUD
10th Sep 2017, 20:26
Anything to do with the new low cost airline that I recall Westjet were launching? Or is Rouge going to displace the lost capacity that is transferring to Air Canada mainline? Air Transat may be one to watch...they have been in the market a long time...

AerRyan
10th Sep 2017, 21:11
Will be Rouge announcing tomorrow if Shannon's anything to go by.

EI-A330-300
10th Sep 2017, 21:48
Whoever it is, announcements to take place tomorrow.

EI-A330-300
12th Sep 2017, 15:06
No AC news yet but United extrnd ORD season to run from April to October.

owenc
12th Sep 2017, 20:19
Yeah no good, they need to upgrade the flight to a 767-300. A 757-200 is too small for a flight of that length.

ia350
12th Sep 2017, 20:28
Stop complaining at least we have the service 😉

owenc
12th Sep 2017, 21:13
It's fine, i'll use the American Boeing 788.

Jamie2k9
13th Sep 2017, 11:25
New x4 weekly 737 MAX 8 route to YUL with AC while YVR increases from 3 to 5 weekly.

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/2017-09-13-Air-Canada-Deepens-Embrace-of-the-Emerald-Isle-with-Expanded-Non-Stop-Services-to-Ireland-from-Toronto-and-Montreal

owenc
13th Sep 2017, 11:59
So this will have AVOD since is is Air Canada Mainline?

Una Due Tfc
13th Sep 2017, 14:03
So is that a reduction on YYZ? 11x weekly Rouge B763 to daily mainline A333?

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Sep 2017, 18:48
Part of YYZ capacity was to enable YVR operate. BAck to daily and TBH I think if they were to increase it they would need B787 or B767s free to do it. Overall 16 weekly flights (+2) and around 400 seats (subject to MAX final config).

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Sep 2017, 11:04
Beijing is awaiting final Chinease Government approval according to chief executive of Avolon which Hainan Group purchased.

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2017, 13:50
Ryanair will cancel 22 flights per week everyweek over the winter schedule...

1sky
28th Sep 2017, 14:13
Do we know which flights those are?

AerRyan
28th Sep 2017, 15:16
Ryanair haven't announced any cancellations from Dublin, I'd be interested to know what they are.

Cian
28th Sep 2017, 15:31
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/ryanair-reveals-hundreds-of-flights-from-dublin-to-be-cancelled-1.3236895

Some flights on BHX, BVA, "Barcelona" (probably BCN, but could be the others) OTP, MAD, MOD and KRK.

Warsaw and Modlin were listed as two seperate places, hence we can't be sure about Barcelona=BCN.

No routes cancelled in full. BHX is an interesting one as they hugely ramped up frequencies there in a push-back against EI and Stobart and may be suffering overcapacity.

AerRyan
28th Sep 2017, 17:32
Only reading this now.

Pilot crisis really rampant in ryanair.

DublinPole
28th Sep 2017, 18:01
Very poor journalism there.

It was obvious to most that the capacity cuts would be a mixture of route suspensions and frequency cuts, the fact that the Irish Times seemed to think t would only be the former is either them not reading properly or just to drag t out for another headline.

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2017, 18:05
Well there is such much PR spin from FR you would forgive any mistake.....

EI-A330-300
28th Sep 2017, 18:53
Icelandair might be about to announce DUB ops soon.

EI-A330-300
2nd Oct 2017, 12:35
Dublin Airport welcomes today’s announcement from Icelandair that it will launch a new six-times weekly, year-round service to Reykjavik from May 2018.

Icelandair will operate its new Dublin to Reykjavik service with a Boeing 757-200 aircraft. Flights will operate Sunday to Friday departing Keflavik Airport at 07.30 arriving in Dublin Airport at 09.15 with the return flight departing Dublin Airport at 11.50 arriving in Keflavik at 13.15.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/icelandair-to-operate-new-dublin-reykjavik-service

Alteagod
2nd Oct 2017, 18:13
Not the best news in the worldfor the BHD route I would say but honestly how many Iceland rotations can Ireland sustain

A320.b744
2nd Oct 2017, 18:55
The Belfast market has lost easyJet's summer flights to KEF, so currently there is scope for BHD's Icelandair flights to do quite well in the long run.

The main question is whether Icelandair or WOW air will win in the fight for Dublin, and whether Aer Lingus will try to enter the market. Icelandair and WOW air are mainly trying to cater for transfer passengers, so there is some scope for quite a lot of weekly rotations.

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Oct 2017, 13:01
4 weekly PHL on EI website.

EISNN
3rd Oct 2017, 13:15
Good to see further expansion of EI. More jobs created and more choices for the public. It’s website is saying it’s a B757 operation but on the same dates IAD, BDL ex DUB and JFK and BOS ex SNN are also listed as B757 operations. Have ASL/EI gotten their hands on another B757 or will one of the existing routes be upgauged to an A330? Any opinions or insight?

PPRuNeUser0176
3rd Oct 2017, 13:18
Just an error, beleive IAD will see B752 (T,Th,Sat) and upgraded to A330 (Su,M,W,F) to make way.

owenc
3rd Oct 2017, 13:28
I wish they would bring back the dayflight to JFK year round.

This PHL route is already operated by American Airlines.

ia350
3rd Oct 2017, 18:10
Just back from L.A. with Aer Lingus flight over was practically full with just two spare seats but today maybe 70 per cent full .

Noxegon
3rd Oct 2017, 18:59
I wish they would bring back the dayflight to JFK year round.

This. I'm flying via LHR to avoid the overnight.

EI-A330-300
3rd Oct 2017, 22:52
I can't figure out if it's a deliberate leak by EI or accidental. Happens a lot......

It should do well.

The capacity to Iceland is just getting ridiculous at this stage, 17 weekly I read elsewhere. With them serving places like MAN, GLA and BHX for years they really missed a trick not coming to DUB much sooner.

EI-A330-300
4th Oct 2017, 12:11
Aer Lingus announced an additional 96,000 short haul seasts next sunmer and will make further route announcements in due course. They also said 8 not 7 321LR will be delivered in 2019-2020.

brian_dromey
4th Oct 2017, 12:31
An additional 96k seats amounts to around one additional daily flight over the whole summer period - hardly that exciting. It seems that short haul is a real struggle for EI at the moment.

Good news for the additional A321LR though. The A321LR will be an excellent fit for EI.

alserire
4th Oct 2017, 14:23
Is it not plane numbers that's limiting growth?

Most every EI flight I've been on for the last few years has been jammed full. And that's about fifteen return flights in the last two years.

brian_dromey
4th Oct 2017, 16:07
Is it not plane numbers that's limiting growth?

Thats my point. IAG have hundreds of A320s on order. Not a single additional A320 has joined the EI fleet in that time, EI seem to struggle to deliver the kind of returns IAG demand to justify additional short haul investment. Which is a shame, but with FR in the back yard, not that surprising.

Just a spotter
5th Oct 2017, 08:16
It would appear that all may not be sweetness and light around Collinstown;

From The Irish Times 5th October 2017;

Relations between Aer Lingus and Dublin Airport have “soured immensely” in the last year, according to the airline’s chief operating officer, Mike Rutter.https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-and-dublin-airport-relations-have-soured-immensely-1.3243989

From the same newspaper's Cantillon business commentary section;

Airlines and airports regularly fall out over infrastructure. Nevertheless, this looks like more than the usual spat, as four years ago the airport said it supported the airline’s plans to use Dublin as a transatlantic gateway.https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/peace-may-break-out-between-aer-lingus-and-daa-1.3244611

Shamrock350
5th Oct 2017, 10:06
The current short haul network from Aer Lingus appears very strong, we see good loads and decent mix of high frequency business routes and peak demand lead leisure destinations which must keep yield up for much of the year but where they do struggle is in finding new markets.

We've seen modest growth in short haul in the shape of one or two new routes each summer accompanied by frequency increased but those new routes come at a cost of other routes. Long gone are the days when Aer Lingus announced 5 or more short haul routes every summer!

The airline is growing overall so I think it's time they looked at the short haul fleet again, the A320 is too big for new routes and the A319 is costly to operate which is why they ditched them after a few years so a smaller jet is needed, the CSeries is fantastic, the EJet is tried and tested, even the Sukhoi seems a contender these days with a dirt cheap list price.

Unfortunately for Aer Lingus, the other IAG carriers don't need a smaller jet so IAG would need a lot of convincing to purchase a sub fleet for Aer Lingus when there's little to no business case across other parts of the group.

MCDU2
5th Oct 2017, 10:36
Not a single additional A320 has joined the EI fleet in that timeTo date growth has been achieved through working existing airframes harder and finding efficiencies in the schedule. IAG undertook a review over a year ago and the result was a lot of very early starts and late finishes which has netted additional rotations on the existing short haul fleet. Hence they haven't needed any additional airframes for the past summer.

I read somewhere that BA are looking to improve yields by fitting an additional row of seats to their shorthaul aircraft and refitting rather than replacing airframes. Looks like capital is being invested in long haul across the group rather than in shorthaul unless a definitive business case exists.

Would have thought its a common sense approach within the group. Won't leep the spotters happy though looking for new registrations.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Oct 2017, 17:25
It would appear that all may not be sweetness and light around Collinstown;

From The Irish Times 5th October 2017;

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-and-dublin-airport-relations-have-soured-immensely-1.3243989

From the same newspaper's Cantillon business commentary section;

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/peace-may-break-out-between-aer-lingus-and-daa-1.3244611

All grandstanding from EI. Yes there are some issues but I really don't think DY getting T2 access helped things at all.

To date growth has been achieved through working existing airframes harder and finding efficiencies in the schedule. IAG undertook a review over a year ago and the result was a lot of very early starts and late finishes which has netted additional rotations on the existing short haul fleet. Hence they haven't needed any additional airframes for the past summer.

I read somewhere that BA are looking to improve yields by fitting an additional row of seats to their shorthaul aircraft and refitting rather than replacing airframes. Looks like capital is being invested in long haul across the group rather than in shorthaul unless a definitive business case exists.

Would have thought its a common sense approach within the group. Won't leep the spotters happy though looking for new registrations.

EI still have a lot of work to get SH loads north or 85% year round and even 90% during peak summer. They don't need more seats at the minute.

ia350
8th Oct 2017, 18:00
Was driving around the back of the airport today where the hangers are and noticed two Monarch a321s , could aer lingus have bought them on the cheap ? What's the reason for them there ?

AerRyan
8th Oct 2017, 18:01
Returned to lessors. Liquidators would not be selling off the monarch owned aircraft so fast!

akerosid
10th Oct 2017, 10:03
These would not be suitable for EI; those it has on order are A321NeoLR aircraft - different engines and longer range. The Monarch ones are also IAE V2500 powered, whereas the EI ones are CFM 56 powered, so they'd be unsuitable for the short haul fleet either.

Plenty of CFM56 powered aircraft out there, if they want them, but I believe that the plan is to operate DUB-European hub-DUB sectors (e.g. LHR, AMS, BRU, CDG) svces with the new A320s from next year/2019 and that will maximise utilisation and connectivity.

brian_dromey
10th Oct 2017, 19:11
A mix of IAE and CFM hasn't held Vueling back, nor BA who operate mixed CFM (A318) and IAE fleets. Off the top of my head AA and LH both operate mixed IAE/CFM fleets. Given the size of the IAG A320 fleet and the in-house facilities for maintenance I don't think an IAE engined aircraft would be overlooked, if it were really required.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Oct 2017, 17:10
Over 2.7 million in September up 6%.

Europe 1.5 m up 8%
UK 813,000 down 1%
Transatlantic 377,000 up 19%
Middle East and North Africa 76,000 up 15%
Domestic 7,700 down 2%

Year to date over 22.7 million up 6%

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/new-september-record-set-with-2.7-million-passengers

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Oct 2017, 13:19
Suggested elsewhere HU have applied for twice weekly Shenzhen service from June.

Clearly not impressed by Cathy Pacific starting!

alserire
28th Oct 2017, 18:05
Any info on the new security procedures for the US. Are they in place in Dublin? Slowing things up? Read elsewhere that US legacies are not affected. Is that true?

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Oct 2017, 18:38
They have been in place at DUB for a couple of months now so most will see no difference. Can't say about US based carriers and the rules but suspect they will pay more attention to particular carriers.

alserire
28th Oct 2017, 19:00
Haven't been to the US since July. Are they interviewing everyone? Is it the check in people doing it? Getting everyone to turn on laptops? Doesn't seem to be delaying flights.

racedo
28th Oct 2017, 19:53
Aware of least 2 businesses that now prevent execs taking work laptops / tablets onto US bound planes when travelling on business.

IT Dept in US sets them up when get their with new ones which wiped when they leave.

These US owned Multi Nationals as well and viewing travelling with laptops etc as big risk. Comments of well people work on the plane met by they travelling so let them have down time.

Jamie2k9
28th Oct 2017, 20:05
They had enhanced measures introduced in July which did cause some disruption for a few weeks.

With TSA checks the level of security at DUB has always been a bit more stricter that others. I believe it's the US staff who question passengers not airlines here. After all, it's what they are there for....

alserire
28th Oct 2017, 22:00
That's what I would have thought. Preclearance would take care of most things. And now you say it they did seem a bit more intense in July than when I had traveled in April. Wasn't asked to produce the lap top or iPad though.

Anyway, no harm or foul. Won't be heading Stateside again till next summer and God knows what they'll have dreamt up by then :}

racedo
28th Oct 2017, 22:59
Will be doing what the Aliens apparently do to all the humans they alledgedly pick up :E

cheesebag
30th Oct 2017, 15:43
I got the SSSS boarding pass to Newark last week but not so bad... extra scan and a few questions then on to the gate

alserire
30th Oct 2017, 16:40
Is that a random thing?

PPRuNeUser0176
2nd Nov 2017, 18:13
Anybody know when Air Canada Concierge service started at DUB?

Notice they brought in their B789 in place of A333 this week Had to wait for crew to come from London to operate the return leg.

EI-A330-300
3rd Nov 2017, 18:50
Sunday, when mainline returned.

owenc
4th Nov 2017, 22:05
When do the cheap Summer Business Class fares come out? I seem to remember some £800 to the USA last year.

CallBell
5th Nov 2017, 17:03
To where? Any particular month?

alserire
5th Nov 2017, 19:41
I got out to LA and back from SFO for €1,800 with EI in early July this year. It can help if you're flexible.

Early June next year out to BOS and back from JFK is currently €1850 return with EI.

owenc
5th Nov 2017, 20:18
To where? Any particular month?

California in July.

brian_dromey
5th Nov 2017, 21:52
Ethiopian to LA might be your best best for a bargain.

alserire
6th Nov 2017, 15:41
California in July.

I booked the DUB/LAX/SFO/DUB flight mentioned above in the week of Christmas last year so I don't know if that's when they start to load up promotional business fares. I noticed that an eight night stay made a huge difference in price compared to a seven night stay.

Hope you pick up something nice.

owenc
6th Nov 2017, 19:05
Hello, i'd be going for a few weeks so I would be staying past the eight day threshold. With regards to the cheap flights, I follow a site on Flyertalk which is called 'Premium Fare Deals', I haven't seen any popping up for Dublin but it does seem to happen on a yearly basis so I'm waiting.

I just commented because I had seen other members discussing this on previous years, so I was curious to find out if there was a sort of pattern.

Ideally, I want to get on the American Airlines 787 and connect via ORD. At the moment, that's £1660, I'd want that to be no more than £1200.

ia350
6th Nov 2017, 19:26
Passenger numbers at Dublin Airport reached almost 2.6 million in October, which was a 4% increase on the same month last year. The increase in passenger numbers made it the busiest October in Dublin Airport’s 77-year history.

So far this year, Dublin Airport has welcomed more than 25.3 million passengers, which is a 6% increase over the same period in 2016.

The number of passengers flying to and from continental Europe increased by 5%, as more than 1.3 million passengers travelled to and from continental European destinations in October.

Almost 841,000 passengers travelled to and from UK destinations last month, a 2% decrease when compared to October last year.

Transatlantic traffic to North America increased by 14%, with more than 333,000 passengers travelling on this route sector last month.

The number of passengers travelling to other international destinations in the Middle East and North Africa increased by 16%, with over 69,000 passengers flying to these routes in October.

Almost 8,000 passengers travelled on domestic routes last month, which was a 6% increase over the same month last year.

So far this year, the number of passengers using Dublin Airport as a hub to connect to other destinations has increased by 36%, with more than 1.3 million passengers connecting at the airport between January and October.

More than 1.4 million extra passengers have travelled through the airport between January and October.

Good growth again when coming back from L.A. I noticed a lot of Korean and Mexicans on board so it's certainly doing well as a hub.

Just a spotter
21st Nov 2017, 16:27
The legal challanges to the works for the northern runway have been dismissed by the High Court.

From The Irish Times, 21st Nov 2017

The High Court has thrown out three legal challenges against plans for a new €320 million runway at Dublin Airport.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/three-court-challenges-to-new-dublin-airport-runway-fail-1.3299585

PPRuNeUser0176
8th Dec 2017, 11:56
Over 2.1 million passengers in November up 7%.

Europe 992k +8%
UK 833k -- (less than 0.5% change +/-)
Transatlantic 238k +23%
Other int 64k +17%
Domestic 7k +3%

Year to date 27.4 million (27.9 in 2016). 2017 will likely end with just between 29.5-6 million.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-records-highest-ever-november-passenger-numbers

fjencl
15th Dec 2017, 15:26
Carlisle to London for under £100, reveals city airport | News & Star (http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/Carlisle-to-London-for-under-100-reveals-city-airport-6c0f40fa-b7b8-4508-93d2-90784d985b6c-ds)

PPRuNeUser0176
25th Dec 2017, 15:25
Notice they plan to extend auto docking and slot countdown to pier 4 after launching it on 3 back in January when EY moved. Will they add it to 1 as well?

Annual thing for the last 7 years and still waiting....

Skipness One Echo
9th Jan 2018, 15:25
Did Westjet move back to T1 last year? They had moved to T2 for 2015 I think?

Blakedean
9th Jan 2018, 20:54
Westjet were always in Terminal 1

EI-A330-300
10th Jan 2018, 22:59
Will they add it to 1 as well?

I think all will eventually get it, also final preparations to bring underground fuel system into operation at T2 and not sure but think eventually add them elsewhere.

Auto system at T2 will allow an extra wide body stand to be used which isn't allowed currently. New transfer facility has also started construction.

brian_dromey
11th Jan 2018, 14:34
That’s good, capacity is sorely lacking at certain times.

Where is the new transfer facility? Is this an EI facility or similar to the Floght Connections Centre at the Heathrow Terminals and for all airlines?

EI-A330-300
11th Jan 2018, 23:40
Not EI exclusive but it will be located on Pier 4 next to gate 409-411 area so all transfer passengers arriving on the pier and EIR will be rerouted and avoid the standard security screening which the current set up requires and allow quick connections.

EI_DVM
13th Jan 2018, 22:21
Large crane being erected at Dublin airport as the construction of the new Air Traffic Control Tower enters the next phase, the majority of it is coming pre-cast so should have a good idea of the height of it within the next 6-8 weeks, from what I understand it'll be the tallest building in the country at 23 stories or 87m/285' tall.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Jan 2018, 15:20
Appears to be a lot of talk about how bad QR loads are from a lot of UK airports, here are the states available to date since they started:

Qatar
June 55%
July 76%
August 77%
September 62%

Etihad restoring x2 daily also did pretty good (assumes larger A332 capacity):
May 66%
June 79%
July 88%
August 93%
September 78%

Emirates (assumes 1x364 and 1x428 B777)
May 62%
June 76%
July 90%
August 91%
September 78%

EK/EY appear to be 75+ year round (looking at last years data) apart from quieter period in ME. The QR fall off in September and if it continues could be a concern but they are mulling over extra capacity and with EK returning to 2x3 class it would probally be filled if EK don't add a seasonal 3rd daily as muted by them.

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Jan 2018, 22:39
Looks like 29,582,321 was the final 2017 figure up 6%. Takes it to 14 (+1) in Europe for anyone watching those stats.

PPRuNeUser0176
22nd Jan 2018, 15:47
Rumours that EI will add a 3rd A330 next summer with a new x4 weekly service to Denver + others getting extra freq. Might apparently hear next week.

brian_dromey
22nd Jan 2018, 16:04
Rumours that EI will add a 3rd A330 next summer with a new x4 weekly service to Denver + others getting extra freq. Might apparently hear next week.

Denver? Potentially a brilliant choice, but very left field. BA apparently do well from DEN, so connections should be good.

Thinking of the destinations like Toronto, Hartford, Seattle Philadelphia Washington and even Miami, some of those destinations are quite “out there” for EI. Some of those destinations weren’t even “in the wildest dreams” category for crew stopovers!

Dallas and Houston are still outstanding I wonder if these don’t think these fit the current model. EI seems to be moving away from traditional diaspora markets to choose cities which are underserved to the EU, but have strong premium demand. It’s clever and avoids some of the competition from Norwegian.

I can’t wait to see where the A321LRs go. It’s going to be fascinating! I still think there’s hope for a small number of Asian destinations with the new runway, if A350s ever turn up.

EI-A330-300
22nd Jan 2018, 16:17
Interesting to see if anything comes of it. Denver has United and EI prefer to have feed at both ends where possible. Unless AA feed happens I bet they will eventually go for IAH over DFW.

Skipness One Echo
22nd Jan 2018, 16:23
What's the current state of play with the A350 order?

EI-A330-300
22nd Jan 2018, 16:27
Nobody knows, it does however appear to be off the table with extra A330 and A321LR. The original first few slots EI had have gone to other carriers (not IAG) and it was speculated IB may take lather ones. CEO didn't rule it out before Christmas or said they were expecting any.

owenc
22nd Jan 2018, 17:06
Hopef The 3rd A330 provides the day JFK.

Una Due Tfc
22nd Jan 2018, 17:18
DEN 4 x weekly, with ORD going to 17 x weekly apparently.

With QR looking to get rid of a lot of 330s over the coming years as 350s arrive, there could be massive EI expansion with 12 LRs arriving from next year.

brian_dromey
22nd Jan 2018, 17:26
Hopef The 3rd A330 provides the day JFK.

Its a 321LR route, I'd say - at least to begin with. The problem is that there are very few connections on either end. Its probably one of the weaker performers on the network - its not worth leasing in the Omni 767 to cover SNN, for example.

The daily flight will depart New York JFK airport at 12:00 pm and arrive into Dublin airport at 11:40 pm local time. The return flight departs Dublin at 7:50 am arriving into New York JFK at 10:20 am, on the same day.

IAG have a lot of flexibility with their orders, so there is every possibility that EI could get the A350 for some Asia routes, if there is the market and business case there. Cabin furnishings are, apparently, standardised across the IAG new-orders, so can be assigned to any of the IAG group at short notice. Look at LEVEL getting 332s bound for Iberia, for example. I wish that would mean espresso machines on BA and EI A350/330s, like IB have. Funny how those seem to stay in Madrid...

owenc
22nd Jan 2018, 18:02
As long as they keep the noon departure! The 9am departures to Heathrow don't allow a lie in.

ia350
22nd Jan 2018, 20:17
DEN 4 x weekly, with ORD going to 17 x weekly apparently.

With QR looking to get rid of a lot of 330s over the coming years as 350s arrive, there could be massive EI expansion with 12 LRs arriving from next year.

Denver Colorado ? Really hope so !

Una Due Tfc
22nd Jan 2018, 20:23
That’s the talk on other forums anyway. We’ll know for sure Thursday week apparently.

ia350
23rd Jan 2018, 07:45
Back to LA with EI soon and their prices are still very reasonable hopefully it continues.

PPRuNeUser0176
31st Jan 2018, 10:13
Croatia Airlines to start twice weekly Zagreb service between May an October.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/croatia-airlines-to-launch-new-dublin-to-zagreb-service

NorthernCounties
31st Jan 2018, 16:35
I heard from a member of Aer Lingus Cabin Crew that the Miami route was very quiet, is this what the actual passenger numbers are showing?

Jamie2k9
31st Jan 2018, 17:19
It's improving but needs to be better.

Sober Lark
1st Feb 2018, 18:41
Fares need to be cheaper. Still to your financial advantage to go East to go West especially if you are paying for more than 1 person, even if journey time and break of journey is slightly more inconvenient.

Blakedean
2nd Feb 2018, 11:52
Looks like Hainan have finally announced PEK at 2 weekly inbound via EDI & 2 weekly direct (via EDI on the outbound I presume ) from June. I’ve read differing comments on a few sites so don’t take my word for the start date & frequencies.

Brakefan2
2nd Feb 2018, 16:27
Flying out of DUB this week with SAS on a CPH rotation I couldn't help but notice 4 x320s and a 330 (FNG I think) sitting on the northerly apron. One of the 320s had engine covers on and looked mothballed. Are these aircraft just laid up for the winter or on rotation for maintenance? With talk of ASL doing FAO/AGP out of BHD for the summer I'm curious!

Blakedean
3rd Feb 2018, 00:13
Lack of demand in the winter season hence why EI will operate some BA LHR-DUB/HAM flights from later this month. Recently flew to ACE with a 1245 departure & that was the aircrafts first flight of the day.

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Feb 2018, 17:18
Almost 2m passengers in January up 6%

Europe 954,000 up 9%
UK 747,000 up 1%
Transatlantic 185,000 up 12%
Other Int 81,300 up 13%
Domestic 6,000 up 6%

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/record-january-at-dublin-airport-with-almost-2m-passengers

Una Due Tfc
7th Feb 2018, 07:30
Norwegian going double daily on SWF from April 26, extra flight departs at 08:30.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/norwegian-air-to-double-flights-on-dublin-new-york-route-1.3382606?mode=amp

Alteagod
7th Feb 2018, 17:06
Thats jolly good news. Day trip to the states

Jamie2k9
8th Feb 2018, 15:21
Schedule:

DUB-SWF
08.10-10.30
14.30-17.30

SWF-DUB
12.25-23.45
20.30-08.20

8th Feb 2018, 16:23
Is that the only daytime flight operating from New York to Dublin this year?

Noxegon
8th Feb 2018, 16:50
Yes, it is. Aer Lingus apparently feels they can do more with Newark (and no connections) than a flight that I used several times.

EI-A330-300
8th Feb 2018, 17:50
Well United their partners at EWR.....I do think this will put them under pressure to bring it back in future. With 4 aircraft due next year it could well happen.

NorthernCounties
8th Feb 2018, 18:39
Thats jolly good news. Day trip to the states

Awk it's great, by the time you land, pick up your hold luggage, clear security, get on a bus, drive to Manhatten, it'll be time to get the bus back!:ok:

EIFFS
9th Feb 2018, 11:06
Not so, first off you get US pre clearance at Dublin so when you land at Stewart it’s a domestic flight, just walk out collect your bags and your off...you then have a choice you can jump on the dedicated Norwegian coach ( run by stagecoach) shuttle into downtown NYC in around 60-90 minutes ( bus waits for your flight) or jump on the other dedicated Woodbury Common retail outlet bus to the 240 store retail outlet which takes around 30 minutes, shop until you drop and then back to the airport for your red eye flight home which takes around 5:30 most nights although the record is well below that, of course with the latter option you wouldn’t bother taking any luggage out bound would you?

Interesting idea, but I don’t think the flights are on sale yet? stand to be corrected.

Can think of nothing worse

Una Due Tfc
9th Feb 2018, 11:08
I think anyone bringing a suitcase or two back from a day trip to NY would certainly attract the attention of customs....

We’ve seen how thin their margins are ex DUB from that chart the released a month or so ago, something like €3 per passenger. If the can get more people to take more bags and spend more cash then it could work very nicely, especially eastbound.

https://i2.wp.com/jdasolutions.aero/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/1DY-.jpg?resize=300%2C278

Edit, they’re actually losing €4 per passenger ex DUB, but they’re new markets.

EI-A330-300
9th Feb 2018, 22:10
Would not take much notice of that data, speculation at best. Fares are much higher after introductory offers.

Copenhagen
10th Feb 2018, 11:20
The profit listed are for summer onwards for Ireland, and don’t include the dreaded winter death in yield and loads. Ireland isn’t as rosy as they are making out.

owenc
13th Feb 2018, 13:08
Anyone know why American Airlines suddenly removed the cheap £1400 Business Class Return Fares? There was still quite a few seats left!

Fares up to £1900 now.

sinbad73
13th Feb 2018, 13:11
Maybe there was a sales deadline on them. There often are with these type of promotional fares.

Rutan16
13th Feb 2018, 14:51
Not so, first off you get US pre clearance at Dublin so when you land at Stewart it’s a domestic flight, just walk out collect your bags and your off...you then have a choice you can jump on the dedicated Norwegian coach ( run by stagecoach) shuttle into downtown NYC in around 60-90 minutes ( bus waits for your flight) or jump on the other dedicated Woodbury Common retail outlet bus to the 240 store retail outlet which takes around 30 minutes, shop until you drop and then back to the airport for your red eye flight home which takes around 5:30 most nights although the record is well below that, of course with the latter option you wouldn’t bother taking any luggage out bound would you?

Interesting idea, but I don’t think the flights are on sale yet? stand to be corrected.

Can think of nothing worse

Shop till you drop and hopefully have your collar felt on landing by the nice ladies and gentlemen of the Eire customs for spending in excess of €430 !

They will know especially on a day trip !

owenc
13th Feb 2018, 15:15
Maybe there was a sales deadline on them. There often are with these type of promotional fares.

Perhaps just thought it odd that the fares were dropped so quickly.

The Virgin Atlantic fares were on sale for quite a while.

ia350
19th Feb 2018, 20:15
Can't post the link but the Canadian ambassador to Ireland said the are looking at new routes from Ireland to Canada .

AerRyan
19th Feb 2018, 20:16
Canadian Ambassador can says all he wants, means nothing unless the airlines wish to offer said routes.

akerosid
20th Feb 2018, 14:49
I'm sure he wouldn't have said it unless Westjet, Transat and AC were actually looking at new routes.

PPRuNeUser0176
25th Feb 2018, 15:42
I see the daa have announced plans to spend an extra €285 between 2019-2021 on minor infrastructure changes in additional to the €100 million p.a spend. Regulator will allow €267.5 to be recovered.

Plans include:
* T1 Immigration Halls Expanded
* T1/T2 Self Service Check In System Expanded
* South Apron Stands
* T2 Bus Lounge
* Docking System & Fixed Ground Power Units in T1
* Major Taxiway Changes to elevate current bottle neck, dual taxi extended, extra line up points and second Runway 10 line up points, improved pier 4 access, future runway and reduce taxi times.

FerrisBueller
26th Feb 2018, 13:43
They'll do well to get all that done for just €285! :E

Seljuk22
26th Feb 2018, 16:37
Ryanair winter schedule
Dublin:
– 7 new routes: Athens (2 wkly), Bari (2 wkly), Frankfurt (2 daily), Luxembourg (3 wkly), Marrakesh (2 wkly), Paphos (1 wkly) & Santander (2 wkly)
– More flights on 11 other routes: Barcelona (3 daily), Birmingham (6 daily), Budapest (2 daily), Cologne (2 daily), Faro (2 daily), Krakow (2 daily), Lanzarote (8 wkly), Madrid (3 daily), Malaga (9 wkly), Manchester (6 daily) & Venice (3 wkly)
– 76 routes in total
– 13.1m customers p.a. (+5%)
– 9,800* “on-site” jobs p.a.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-biggest-ever-irish-winter-2018-schedule/?market=ie

josechung
10th Mar 2018, 10:35
Is there any update in the proposed direct flight to LAS?

AerRyan
10th Mar 2018, 10:37
No proposed flights to LAS.

waterford87
12th Mar 2018, 20:05
Beijing nonstop From June will be announced on Thursday

EI321
12th Mar 2018, 23:43

I don't think it was ever a serious proposal. Seems to have been comments the CEO made in an interview that got taken out of context. Will hopefully be launched eventually though.

EI-A330-300
13th Mar 2018, 15:22
Over 1.8 million passengers in February up 3%, guess numbers would have been a little higher had weather been better.

Europe 890,000 +4%
UK 737,000 -2%
Transatlantic 152,00- +20%
Other international 61,000 +11%
Domestic 8,000 +18%

Year to date over 3.8 million +5%

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/record-february-at-dublin-airport

Navpi
13th Mar 2018, 16:17
Beijing nonstop From June will be announced on Thursday

Who with ?

DollarBill
14th Mar 2018, 09:18

Wasnt really a runner. It was a throwaway comment from the EI CEO which got taken a lot more seriously than it should have been by the Irish media.
LAS is on their list but it doesnt that the RoI potential as other routes, ie PHL, DEN, DFW.

PDXCWL45
14th Mar 2018, 09:36
Who with ?

Air China would be most likely.

LAX_LHR
14th Mar 2018, 09:39
Hainan Airlines for PEK. They hold the route authority.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2018, 08:13
HU official now 4 weekly (2 non stop) with A333 from 12 June.

vkid
15th Mar 2018, 10:05
HU official now 4 weekly (2 non stop) with A333 from 12 June.

Good news for Dublin and for a lot of people with business links to China.
Is having 2 of the flights direct and the other 2 through Edinburgh not a bit of an odd way of doing it though?

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2018, 15:41
Suggestion they have fifth freedom rights between DUB/EDI.

brian_dromey
15th Mar 2018, 17:41
Good news for Dublin and for a lot of people with business links to China.
Is having 2 of the flights direct and the other 2 through Edinburgh not a bit of an odd way of doing it though?

The flight routes PEK-EDI-DUB-PEK or PEK-DUB-EDI-PEK, on an alternate. So both DUB and EDI get a 4 weekly service, customers can select non-stop routings to both destinatons on both inbound and outbound. Its pretty clever scheduling, really.

Just a spotter
15th Mar 2018, 18:45
What's the work that's being carried out near the 28 threshold around E1/E2?

JAS

VickersVicount
15th Mar 2018, 22:41
The flight routes PEK-EDI-DUB-PEK or PEK-DUB-EDI-PEK, on an alternate. So both DUB and EDI get a 4 weekly service, customers can select non-stop routings to both destinatons on both inbound and outbound. Its pretty clever scheduling, really.
A bit surprised that, outwith the spotters, theres very little interest in this story and new schedule. i thought it was being sold as a major coup

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2018, 23:27
What's the work that's being carried out near the 28 threshold around E1/E2?

JAS

Upgrade works to lighting etc Both runways have been shortened between 21.15-04.30 so expect delays over the next few weeks.

A bit surprised that, outwith the spotters, theres very little interest in this story and new schedule. i thought it was being sold as a major coup

There is usually a launch event here in time.

Jamie2k9
27th Mar 2018, 10:26
TUI to add PFO ans DLM in 2019 with extra freq on 6 existing routes. Could indicate a second aircraft.

Noxegon
27th Mar 2018, 17:18
TUI to add PFO ans DLM in 2019 with extra freq on 6 existing routes. Could indicate a second aircraft.

Trying to compete with Ryanair? Good luck with that.

AerRyan
27th Mar 2018, 17:21
Trying to compete with Ryanair? Good luck with that.

Very easy to do when you're a renowened package holiday company. You do realise that they compete with Ryanair on many routes?

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Mar 2018, 18:16
TUI operate with loads of over 90% all season and have flown to DLM and LCA before. They see Ryanair as no threat and have actually grown capacity to some core Ryanair markets a lot this year.

Ryanair will be out of DLM as soon as any marketing runs out. Cyprus will probably last with FR, Irish tourism there is currently 91% below its peak and has only started grow since Cobalt started LCA (first direct flight in years). Its more likely than not FR would not of considered PFO if Cobalt wasn't here given they have been operating out of LCA and now PFO for quiet some time and not started DUB.

vrb03kt
27th Mar 2018, 19:32
I don’t think TUI are competing with Ryanair to be honest - if you want just a flight you will go with Ryanair, if you want a package holiday with everything taken care of you will be going with TUI. One is a scheduled airline, the other is a holiday company with an airline.

Curious to know where this was announced, can’t see anything about it?

EI-A330-300
27th Mar 2018, 20:13
I don’t think TUI are competing with Ryanair to be honest - if you want just a flight you will go with Ryanair, if you want a package holiday with everything taken care of you will be going with TUI. One is a scheduled airline, the other is a holiday company with an airline.

Curious to know where this was announced, can’t see anything about it?

There was a briefing by Irish branch of TUI today which is unusual timing in itself. Not sure if its the same in UK but in addition to TUI shops most of packages are sold via independent travel agency's. TUI never do the big route reveal like in the UK, so press will be low even when they go on sale.

EI-A330-300
28th Mar 2018, 21:50
Confrontation:

Dublin Airport welcomes the announcement from TUI Ireland that it will add two new destinations, Paphos in Cyprus and Dalaman in Turkey to its summer 2019 schedule.

The tour operator also announced that extra flights will be added to six of its existing destinations - Majorca, Ibiza, Crete, Zante, Rhodes and Bulgaria.

Got to be a second aircraft.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-tui-ireland's-new-destinations-for-summer-2019

GrahamK
29th Mar 2018, 05:21
Confrontation:

Got to be a second aircraft.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-welcomes-tui-ireland's-new-destinations-for-summer-2019

Extra flights could just mean.longer operating season or more overnight flying. The PR would normally make mention of any new based a/c

Alteagod
29th Mar 2018, 07:17
TUI holidays could just be buying capacity with another carrier

EI-A330-300
29th Mar 2018, 10:17
Extra flights could just mean.longer operating season or more overnight flying. The PR would normally make mention of any new based a/c

The briefing stated extra frequency to allow more 10-12 night breaks and not just the standard 7 day which is only possible on all the routes marked for extra flights except Palma.

The based aircraft only has around 4 hours without flying currently most nights.

They still contract out around 10 weekly flights ex DUB + ORK/SNN/NOC flying so a second aircraft would be well utilized to reduce this and operate the extra freq.

TUI holidays could just be buying capacity with another carrier

They already use Aer Lingus on some routes but no scheduled services operate to any destination except Dalaman/Paphas (Ryanair) and Majorca/Bulgaria.

AerRyan
29th Mar 2018, 12:56
Dalaman was flown with ASL until it was cut in 2016.

Just a spotter
30th Mar 2018, 07:52
The Irish Times is reporting that Aeroflot is to start a Moscow-Dublin service.

A source at the flagship Russian carrier said a decision had been taken in Moscow to proceed with a direct flight although the company has yet to decide when it will commence and its frequency.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/russian-state-airline-aeroflot-to-launch-new-moscow-dublin-route-1.3444792

JAS

davidjpowell
3rd Apr 2018, 18:18
I was lucky enough to use the new remote T2 gates last week. It seems an usual choice to put the bus link into place. They were announcing gates with the same notice as standard gates - quite a few people missing flights as it took so much longer to get there...

One of my other 'bus' bugbears is when Air Lingus Regional board the bus by row number - front number first, when actually at the ATR they want those people who are now trapped on the bus to actually board the plane first. It should not be brain science to board the bus in reverse order to the plane...

buzz_hornet
4th Apr 2018, 07:16
Any risk to Dublins EY routes given the EDI announcement?

MCDU2
4th Apr 2018, 09:25
I would say all the ME carriers will be struggling with capacity issues shortly. Currently there is EY, EK and Qatar. Soon to be links to HKG with Cathay and Hainan to Mainland China. Will be a buyers market soon enough. Bring it on.

Noxegon
4th Apr 2018, 17:03
I fly EK every eight weeks or so. Most of the time it's full or close to it.

I think I've had one flight with an empty seat next to me.

diple
4th Apr 2018, 20:15
I was lucky enough to use the new remote T2 gates last week. It seems an usual choice to put the bus link into place. They were announcing gates with the same notice as standard gates - quite a few people missing flights as it took so much longer to get there...

One of my other 'bus' bugbears is when Air Lingus Regional board the bus by row number - front number first, when actually at the ATR they want those people who are now trapped on the bus to actually board the plane first. It should not be brain science to board the bus in reverse order to the plane...
I think you mean unlucky.
I'll be flying Ryanair to avoid those remote gates as I'm on a route served by EI and FR.
Stuck for 15 minutes to deboard at remote stand for no obvious reason when gates at T2 proper are free and then the journey in to passport control taking a long time too.
EI will just have to put their foot down and refuse to inconvenience their Customers just to suit a lazy DAA.

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Apr 2018, 21:00
I think you mean unlucky.
I'll be flying Ryanair to avoid those remote gates as I'm on a route served by EI and FR.
Stuck for 15 minutes to deboard at remote stand for no obvious reason when gates at T2 proper are free and then the journey in to passport control taking a long time too.
EI will just have to put their foot down and refuse to inconvenience their Customers just to suit a lazy DAA.

It was Aer Lingus who wanted the busing gates ;)

Taking 15 minutes is down to handing by EI not the daa and personally its less than 10 minutes from leaving aircraft to clear immigration. The arrivals are bused into T2 stands in the evenings.

It would take them just as long to bring an bridge to the aircraft at T2!

The EIR bus boarding procedure is new to me.

diple
4th Apr 2018, 21:39
its less than 10 minutes from leaving aircraft to clear immigration.

It would take them just as long to bring an bridge to the aircraft at T2!
No can't agree with that. That was not my experience and I will(actually have) adjust my travel plans to avoid this in future. Flying out I asked a FA if what I experienced was normal.
I forgot to mention that even though the remote gates were used where there is no skybridge, the rear doors weren't opened to speed up de-boarding. All passengers on an A320 went out through the front door at a remote stand.
The arrivals are bused into T2 stands in the evenings.
...so I can't even hope for better service in the future as I fly in during the evenings/night.

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Apr 2018, 22:04
...so I can't even hope for better service in the future as I fly in during the evenings/night.

Its 4-5 flights out of around 25 which arrive there. Its not really bad if the handling delays were addressed by EI because I agree they have been slow the few late nights arrivals I have had.

diple
4th Apr 2018, 22:14
I get the feeling that my flight is one of those ones which will always be left out at the remote stand because it arrives later and they can't be bothered to use a skybridge for the convenience of passengers and then move the plane to a remote stand for the night once everyone has de-boarded.
I'm still not seeing the benefit to me of choosing EI in preference to FR any more. I feel this way but I'm back in the cheap seats. The frequent flyers up front on some of those late Aer Lingus flights will have no problem using a more expensive competitor on their routes just to avoid inconvenience. FR isn't the only competitor on my particular route.

PPRuNeUser0176
4th Apr 2018, 23:26
I get the feeling that my flight is one of those ones which will always be left out at the remote stand because it arrives later and they can't be bothered to use a skybridge for the convenience of passengers and then move the plane to a remote stand for the night once everyone has de-boarded.
I'm still not seeing the benefit to me of choosing EI in preference to FR any more. I feel this way but I'm back in the cheap seats. The frequent flyers up front on some of those late Aer Lingus flights will have no problem using a more expensive competitor on their routes just to avoid inconvenience. FR isn't the only competitor on my particular route.

There is no set assignment, if anything its heavily based on where x aircraft is departing the following morning but there are some departures which they wouldn't dare force to use the busing gates. You wouldn't have a Heathrow departure from there....

The good news is there will be a dedicated T2 busing terminal in the future towards that side of T2 so busing will be quicker and more frequent.

Sober Lark
5th Apr 2018, 08:12
Stuck for 15 minutes to deboard at remote stand for no obvious reason when gates at T2 proper .....EI will just have to put their foot down and refuse to inconvenience their Customers just to suit a lazy DAA

I have another 23 flights booked this year on the DUB-FRA route and I've moved away from EI to LH because of the messing around with the walk from T2 check in to a T1 departure gate or getting drenched boarding at the remote gates. (Welcome to Aer Lingus Cargo it says over the gates).

This poor airport infrastructure is really making life difficult for us passengers.

In passing, why do the air-bridges at T1 keep breaking down? (example - Tues am arrival from FRA left on aircraft 30 mins, then deplaned by steps from rear)

diple
5th Apr 2018, 08:45
23 flights on your own dime or your company's? I'd guess if you are moving to LH that it is a company paying the bill.

Jamie2k9
5th Apr 2018, 12:16
Second aircraft confirmed:

Monday
PMI 06.00-13.00, DLM 14.15-00.55
FAO 07.05-14.05, BOJ 17.55-03.10
Tuesday
PMI 05.45-13.20, ZTH 14.00-23.10
REU 06.30-12.05, PMI 13.30-20.20
Wednesday
RHO 07.00-17.25, PMI 18.55-01.40
IBZ 07.00-14.00, PFO 15.25-02.35
Thursday
ACE 06.00-15.20, HER 16.15-02.10
BOJ 06.00-15.15, LPA 16.50-02.35
Friday
ZTH 06.45-16.05, REU 17.35-23.40
CFU 07.40-15.20, TFS 17.20-02.50
Satueday
PMI 05.40-12.40, RHO 14.55-01.35
IBZ 06.00-13.00, KGS 14.20-00.20
Sunday
AGP 06.00-13.50, HER 15.10-01.20
PMI 07.05-14.05, ACE 15.15-00.35

PFO, DLM New, AGP and REU mix of TUI resuming and chartered out.

Sober Lark
5th Apr 2018, 12:27
23 flights on your own dime or your company's? I'd guess if you are moving to LH that it is a company paying the bill.

Own pocket but worth it. I’m fortunate to have found my soul mate and present circumstances mean we are in a LDR.

diple
5th Apr 2018, 12:30
Sweet. didn't expect that in a thread like this.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Apr 2018, 15:11
Almost 2.3 million in March +3%

Europe 1.1m +5%
UK 807,000 -5%
Transatlantic 258,000 +24%
M.E & Other 78,000 +30%
Domestic 7,600 +12%

First 3 months over 6 million +4% (248,500)

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/busiest-march-on-record-at-dublin-airport-despite-storm-emma

diple
10th Apr 2018, 15:36
7600/90days = 84.44 domestic passengers average per day. I can't see how much the PSO costs but it doesn't deliver a huge amount of people to the regional airports. It is with us for 4 more years anyhow.

I don't know how they are comiling this but I would have expected many more passengers going to M.E. and Other since it seems to be a rite of passage for the Irish to head to Australia in their twenties so maybe they are counted among the 1.1m and 807k heading to Europe and U.K.
They'll never get direct flights(remote a chance as it is) or more flexible flights to Australia if they don't have better stats becuase the airlines aren't going to share those stats amongst themselves.
Still great results despite the storm disruption where plenty of passengers wouldn't have bothered rebooking and stayed at home.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Apr 2018, 15:44
7600/90days = 84.44 domestic passengers average per day. I can't see how much the PSO costs but it doesn't deliver a huge amount of people to the regional airports. It is with us for 4 more years anyhow.

Loads are around 64% based on March figure however as Stobart didn't purchase a second ATR 42 replacement KIR was upgraded to 72 so loads have dropped to 52%.

I don't know how they are comiling this but I would have expected many more passengers going to M.E. and Other since it seems to be a rite of passage for the Irish to head to Australia in their twenties so maybe they are counted among the 1.1m and 807k heading to Europe and U.K.
They'll never get direct flights(remote a chance as it is) or more flexible flights to Australia if they don't have better stats becuase the airlines aren't going to share those stats amongst themselves.
Still great results despite the storm disruption where plenty of passengers wouldn't have bothered rebooking and stayed at home.

Stats are based on direct passengers, as for the stats the airport have the info but Australia flights are not going to happen.

FlyingV
11th Apr 2018, 10:00

That's 7600 in March which is 245 per day.

The number of passengers on domestic routes increased by 12%, as almost 7,600 passengers travelled this route sector last month

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Apr 2018, 14:02
ACDM (Airport Collaborative Decision Making) trails to start in a few days with full implementation by September/October.

The96er
14th Apr 2018, 15:49
ACDM (Airport Collaborative Decision Making) trails to start in a few days with full implementation by September/October.

Most people will not know what this entails, perhaps a description of what it is/does would be helpful.

MCDU2
14th Apr 2018, 16:14
Simples. Everyone is on board and you want to go early but you cant cos your handling agent has dumped the loadsheet in the cockpit and fled off to the next aircraft and they won't answer on the VHF frequency to bring forward your TOBT which in turn generates you a new TSAT which is "hopefully" closer to what the actual time is now when you want to go. OR you are running late and miss your TOBT and TSAT and again no one answers the VHF so you sit there and go out of hours.

Its a great system. Must have been designed by Germans.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Apr 2018, 17:32
Simples. Everyone is on board and you want to go early but you cant cos your handling agent has dumped the loadsheet in the cockpit and fled off to the next aircraft and they won't answer on the VHF frequency to bring forward your TOBT which in turn generates you a new TSAT which is "hopefully" closer to what the actual time is now when you want to go. OR you are running late and miss your TOBT and TSAT and again no one answers the VHF so you sit there and go out of hours.

Its a great system. Must have been designed by Germans.

Surly going out of house is down to Shamrock HQ and tight restoring, it happens far to often without such a system in place!
Canary islands, a mere 45 min delay to these and more often than not they get cancelled.

Anyway at DUB I suspect overall it will be positive.

Most people will not know what this entails, perhaps a description of what it is/does would be helpful.

Perhaps, basally a method to improve airfield efficiency and resource allocation. Better communication with all parties which in turn will lead to better resource usage and little things like DUB will no longer apply a standard taxi time but rather a customized one and it won't be a case of first come first served with departures, they will be sequenced in a way to minimize taxi time etc.

akerosid
16th Apr 2018, 11:41
Just a question on the statistics.

I'm assuming these measure all flights (arrivals and departures).

Does the ME "and other" number including Turkey (specifically) TK, or is TK included in the European numbers.

Is there any way one can mine deeper into the ME numbers, to determine what routes are doing better (or worse). Presumably once HU and CX start, they will cover them under a separate heading?

As things stand, there are 5 ME flights a day (QR 1 and EY/EK 2 each). With 10 flights a day, 30 flights a month, that's 300 flights a month, but that gives us 390 per flight - which is considerably in excess of QR's and EY's capacity.

The British CAA gives stats on individual routes; is there any equivalent Irish information?

16th Apr 2018, 12:19
Raw numbers for individual routes are published by the CSO, but they tend to lag by 3-4 months

Passenger Movement by Irish Airport, Direction, Foreign Airport and Month - StatBank - data and statistics (http://www.cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Statire/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?maintable=CTM01&PLanguage=0)

Cyrano
17th Apr 2018, 10:11
As things stand, there are 5 ME flights a day (QR 1 and EY/EK 2 each). With 10 flights a day, 30 flights a month, that's 300 flights a month, but that gives us 390 per flight - which is considerably in excess of QR's and EY's capacity.

Are you dividing by 200 rather than 300?

78,000 / 300 = 260 (and if TK is counted as Middle East, it comes down further)

akerosid
17th Apr 2018, 14:25
Ah yes, I think you might have spotted the reason I didn't pursue a career in accountancy!

Plane mad 134
18th Apr 2018, 16:16
Norwegian are expanding Dublin service for W18/19 by increasing frequencies on the:

Dublin - Newburgh from 6 to 14 weekly

Dublin - Providence from 3 to 7 weekly

Info was found on routes online news.

AerRyan
18th Apr 2018, 16:23
Well done, you found something that was reported on here ages ago.

Pizzacake
18th Apr 2018, 16:32

Well done, you’ve been charming. Rather than just breeze past someone repeating info, you felt it appropriate to try and be smart. Giving a significant impression that is distinctly the opposite.

29Alpha
18th Apr 2018, 16:36

Someone being helpful and you're out with the sarcasm ryan, u baby.......

AerRyan
18th Apr 2018, 17:16
Facebook or PPRuNe?

God posting quality has declined.

BFS watcher
21st Apr 2018, 12:53
Airlines at DUB being advised to tank fuel in as fuel not available due to failure at Dublin port

racedo
7th May 2018, 09:48
https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/iags-expanded-lowcost-level-could-target-dublin-routes-36879722.html"Aer Lingus sister airline Level may look to start a low-cost transatlantic service from Ireland, regardless of any tie-ups with Norwegian.IAG's Level has just been given board sign off to lift its fleet of five Airbus SE A330 jets to seven, IAG CEO Willie Walsh told the Irish Independent"

Think this is called a statement of intent designed to warn Norwegian.......

Have a feeling there will be a tie up with Norwegian and an Airline run by an Irish guy...................... doubt it will be Willie Walsh though.

PPRuNeUser0176
7th May 2018, 11:51
racedo, I would prehaps look closer to home for the message behind the comments from Walsh....

Charlie Roy
11th May 2018, 19:51
What's going on in DUB today? Most flights delayed, some cancellations...

AerRyan
11th May 2018, 19:53
What's going on in DUB today? Most flights delayed, some cancellations...

RWY 16 in use.

EI-A330-300
11th May 2018, 23:20
Well 16 does have its own issues, it was the multiple runway switches causing the delays. It typically takes 30-45 minutes to do a full switch.

mik3bravo
12th May 2018, 07:16
Big taxying queues on the bravo's to the ramps. Stuck in #8 in sequence. Held up at Echo 4 now for 10 mins after town down. Anyone know the issue?

Shamrock350
12th May 2018, 13:14
[QUOTE=racedo;10140126Have a feeling there will be a tie up with Norwegian and an Airline run by an Irish guy...................... doubt it will be Willie Walsh though.
[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling there could be a tie up between two airlines companies run by Irishmen to get Norwegian. In which case, Norwegian gets carved up and both Irish CEO's are happy!

racedo
12th May 2018, 18:16
I have a feeling there could be a tie up between two airlines companies run by Irishmen to get Norwegian. In which case, Norwegian gets carved up and both Irish CEO's are happy!

Don't see it in the slightest.
Could be wrong but doubt it.

PPRuNeUser0176
16th May 2018, 10:35
2.6 million in April up 5%
Europe up 6% with 1.4m
UK up 1% with 856k
Transatlantic up 13% 296k
Other international up 14% 79k
Domestic down 4% 8,300

Year to date up 4% (1.2m) to over 8.7m.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/dublin-airport-sets-new-april-record-with-2.6-million-passengers

PPRuNeUser0176
24th May 2018, 18:32
Lauda Motion to commence daily VIE from late October.

ia350
24th May 2018, 21:18
Very happy with this Aer lingus had this on there own, No flying to Bratislava now!! More competition and they'll lower there ridiculous fares .

MCDU2
25th May 2018, 18:07
Or AL will come off route after a bit of a price war and redeploy the aircraft to something more profitable then LM will increase fares. Its basic airline economics. Some routes just can't withstand multiple carriers and/or timings.

fjencl
29th May 2018, 15:48
It’s with sincere regret that we must advise you that the opening of Carlisle Lake District Airport has been delayed by unforeseen circumstances. A major project to launch air services from a new airport relies not only on the airport’s infrastructure being complete but also a full complement of essential operating staff being in place. Regrettably, changing circumstances around the airport’s staffing means that this cannot be completed in time to receive scheduled flights as planned on 4 June, despite every effort made by the airport and the Stobart Group.

Stobart Group will continue to work with all stakeholders, including the Civil Aviation Authority. All parties are confident that the revised 3 September commencement date is both practical and achievable.

In the meantime, we are offering customers booked on flights the following options:
Rebook onto an alternative flight for travel from 03 September. Retrieve your booking via the Manage My Booking functionality on loganair.co.uk and select alternative flights.
A refund back to your payment card. A refund will automatically be processed if we don’t hear from you by the 18th June. Alternatively, email [email protected], and we’ll process the refund within 5-7 working days

Contact Loganair on 0344 800 2855 to discuss alternative options

Navpi
2nd Jun 2018, 05:14
Noticed Cathay into Dublin this morning.

Do we have any idea on load factors ?

Una Due Tfc
2nd Jun 2018, 07:51

Press release about a month ago said that bookings were in excess of what they had expected, particularly from mainland China, didn’t give anything specific IIRC though.

spannersatcx
2nd Jun 2018, 15:23

full inbound

BFS watcher
2nd Jun 2018, 20:59
Interesting to see massive queues every where in Dublin yet no flak! Wait at BFS or BHD and you get hammered.....

positive
2nd Jun 2018, 21:09
Interesting to see massive queues every where in Dublin yet no flak! Wait at BFS or BHD and you get hammered.....

Dublin was hammered years ago before T2 came into operation and due to the big increase in the last few years it will be hammered again as while the the terminals can cope the aircraft stands and taxi ways can't and this will only get worse before the new runway and taxiways/stands are delivered....

ia350
3rd Jun 2018, 04:55

Stop trying to bring negativity in here keep that for the Belfast threads .

emma1
3rd Jun 2018, 09:31
BFS is a small regional airport that cannot manage 6 or more flights at one time

29Alpha
3rd Jun 2018, 11:00
BFS is a small regional airport that cannot manage 6 or more flights at one time
thats why bfs has 29 operational civilian stands which only 1 was free on friday night

emma1
3rd Jun 2018, 11:29
Stands 8,9,10 are not used ,1-8 are cargo

29Alpha
3rd Jun 2018, 13:48
Stands 8,9,10 are not used ,1-8 are cargo
no 8, 9, or 10, but surely all that GLOBAL TREK traffic counts 😊😊

SecondDog
4th Jun 2018, 13:28
no 8, 9, or 10, but surely all that GLOBAL TREK traffic counts 😊😊

there is a 9 and 10 (technically still an 8 too) There are actually 19 pax stands and 5 freight that are available at any one time.

Shhh.... don't mention the GLT. First rule of flight club.......

AerRyan
5th Jun 2018, 11:54

That's more a you problem than an us problem.

Just because ye can't agree on the colour white doesn't mean that other threads should be brought down to the childish level seen on the NI threads.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Jun 2018, 23:50
Anyone know what the deal is with LH, have flights booked and have received an email saying my departure was been advanced from 05.25 to 04.55. Its must be one of their first European departures so is there a particularly connection in FRA they are aiming to meet with an 07.55 arrival or just slot issues in FRA.

Since the move from 06.50 it has never been earlier than 05.15.

sealink
6th Jun 2018, 05:38
Flew DUB to BGY on Sunday evening. The terminal ( 1 ) was very busy but waiting time at security only about 10 mins. Great buzz about the place. Nearly 30 mins taxi from gate to airborne. Felt like LHR with the queues of a/c. Love to fly!

EI-A330-300
6th Jun 2018, 12:17
Flew DUB to BGY on Sunday evening. The terminal ( 1 ) was very busy but waiting time at security only about 10 mins. Great buzz about the place. Nearly 30 mins taxi from gate to airborne. Felt like LHR with the queues of a/c. Love to fly!

Sounds like runway 10 was for takeoffs and not 28?

29Alpha
6th Jun 2018, 14:54
funny one, comparing LHR to DUB is like comparing Laa Vegas to Bundoran

NorthernCounties
15th Jun 2018, 16:34
I was reading this article (https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/beijing-bound-first-direct-air-route-from-dublin-to-china-takes-off-1.3527861) earlier in the week and I seen they stated approx. 30,000 passengers per year flew to Beijing, and I remember about 5/10 years ago they used to show ultimate destination for passengers originating in Dublin that wasn´t currently served direct from Dublin on anna.aero, but I can´t seem to find this information anywhere now. They also used to have www.flytodublin.com as well, and even checking www.dubplus.ie that appears to have superseded, it doesn´t seem to provide this information. Does anyone know if this information is still provided, and where I could see it?

snn20
15th Jun 2018, 17:08
This is he best i can find, Search for Unserved Routes and Airports in the Route Shop (http://www.therouteshop.com/search-trs/name/dub)

CabinCrewe
15th Jun 2018, 19:07
Whats the seating change if Hainan going from A330-300 to 787-9 ? Wonder why the change.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Jun 2018, 21:40
Whats the seating change if Hainan going from A330-300 to 787-9 ? Wonder why the change.

A333 - 32 J, 260 Y, Total 292
B789 - 30 J, 259 or 262 Y Total 289 or 292

Better runway performance would be my thinking.

Edit - A333 still showing later this summer.

VG31
17th Jun 2018, 11:46
I booked a flight with Hainan from DUB in July and it listed the aircraft as being an A333 but the seat map was for a B788.

CabinCrewe
17th Jun 2018, 18:15
An A330-300 down to a 787-8 is a fair drop in capacity already in such a new route. Perhaps that was always the intention after peak European inbound summer.
I would be surprised if careful accurate runway performance (outwith provisional low initial loads) was not calculated and known in advanced. The original marketing was for year round A330-300.
Interesting times with this route I think.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Jun 2018, 10:35
2.9 million passengers in May up 10%

Europe 1.5 million up 12%
UK 871,000 up 3%
Transatlantic 383,000 up 19%
Other international 69,000 up 23%
Domestic 10,000 up 27%

Almost 11.6 million so far this year up 6%. Also the 50th month of consecutive growth.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/record-may-is-50th-consecutive-month-of-growth-at-dublin-airport

Skipness One Foxtrot
19th Jun 2018, 11:43
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/06/18/chinas-central-bank-creates-crisis-task-force-mega-debtor-hna/

Perhaps relevant? Hainan's jacket's on a shoogly peg.

EI-A330-300
19th Jun 2018, 12:10
The indecision from HU has cost them big time, the very unexpected CX announcement and then the announcement of a low freq one stop HU service was always going to be a hard sell. There has been little promotion in comparison to CX. Saying that the direct DUB-PEK can and is filling the capacity of a B788 alone so if they want to make the route work a better schedule will be needed and more direct services. Cargo is strong also.

GayFriendly
19th Jun 2018, 12:21
According to folks on the EDI thread, EDI-PEK appears to be dropped after 27th Oct, routings on HU website only available via BRU.

It could just be a case that the HU website is being updated or the route is yet to be loaded and everyone has got their knickers in a twist

EI-A330-300
19th Jun 2018, 12:47
According to folks on the EDI thread, EDI-PEK appears to be dropped after 27th Oct, routings on HU website only available via BRU.

It could just be a case that the HU website is being updated or the route is yet to be loaded and everyone has got their knickers in a twist

The winter schedule only showed for both airports briefly until mid November for a week or two after the announcement.

ia350
19th Jun 2018, 19:39
2.9 million passengers in May up 10%

Europe 1.5 million up 12%
UK 871,000 up 3%
Transatlantic 383,000 up 19%
Other international 69,000 up 23%
Domestic 10,000 up 27%

Almost 11.6 million so far this year up 6%. Also the 50th month of consecutive growth.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/record-may-is-50th-consecutive-month-of-growth-at-dublin-airport

Amazing figures , flew to LAX with Aer lingus earlier this month and both flights I was sitting beside people connecting from Europe, Munich and Liverpool to be exact . Took in the 51st and green lounge , very impressive with it and amazing views of the runway .

j636
20th Jun 2018, 17:30
I have saw mixed views on the South Gates, flew home this morning with Aer Lingus. Arrived at 05.30 for an 06.30 to BHX (work up late!!), checked in bag and printed boarding cards in 5 minutes with Self Service Desks (EI app doesn't allow Multi City Passes). Went up to security at 05.35 and the timer said 20 minute queue (got worried when I saw this and gate 335 on pass), but had cleard by 05.45, was on the bus at gate 335 after a quick walk at 05.55 and sitting on the aircraft at 06.00. They had 3 buses waiting to shuttle passengers and boarding was more relaxed as passengers don't all arrive together. Most were on by 06.15 apart from two who didnt board until 06.25. Left on time and taxi time was less than 10 minutes (both runways in uae). S Gates are ran well and still better than boarding with Ryanaur.

The place was busy and security could be improved with more lines open but up to 20 mins is fine IMO at peak times.

The only problem was late steps in BHX but we did land 20 minutes early and had to squeeze onto a single bus.

EI have the exit from arrivals covered advertising T/A flight.

Jamie2k9
21st Jun 2018, 00:33
Norwegian is to fly its first ever route from Europe to Canada – and it’ll be out of Dublin from March 31, 2019.

The new daily service will between Dublin and Toronto Hamilton, with fares starting from €189 one way from today on www.norwegian.com/ie (http://www.norwegian.com/ie).

The nonstop flights from Dublin to Hamilton – Toronto will be operated using brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft offering 189 seats in a single-class cabin.

Norwegian launching first ever services to Canada out of Dublin Airport | Travel Extra (http://www.travelextra.ie/norwegian-launching-first-ever-services-to-canada-out-of-dublin-airport/)

Una Due Tfc
21st Jun 2018, 09:24
I really can’t get over the level of expansion from DUB on Canadian routes in recent years, and I suspect it’s only going to keep growing with EIN and TSC A321LRs coming online next year and WJA and ACA getting more MAXs.

EIFFS
21st Jun 2018, 13:46
I guess the benefit of low departure tax max a big difference when compared with UK flights departures

29Alpha
21st Jun 2018, 14:20
Something about the Irish getting low taxes, companies and people as well,#benifit cheats

21st Jun 2018, 14:23
Huge expansion to Canada, but so much of it is going to Toronto. That's now 5 airlines operating to Toronto region airports. Only London matches that; even Paris and New York only have four. I wonder could it be oversaturation. And with all other Canadian airports being seasonal, and with some fairly substantial places like Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary not having a service, you'd wonder if it's the best option (allowing that of that list Ottawa is probably the only one possible on the equipment).

Alteagod
21st Jun 2018, 14:29
Very fair comment

Heathrow Harry
21st Jun 2018, 17:59
Huge expansion to Canada, but so much of it is going to Toronto. That's now 5 airlines operating to Toronto region airports. Only London matches that; even Paris and New York only have four. I wonder could it be oversaturation. And with all other Canadian airports being seasonal, and with some fairly substantial places like Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary not having a service, you'd wonder if it's the best option (allowing that of that list Ottawa is probably the only one possible on the equipment).
range for a start.. then trona is a big city so visiting friends and relations PLUS business is an attractive, round the year market

even Canadians won' t go to Ottawa and Edmonton & Calgary have always struggled

Blakedean
21st Jun 2018, 18:45
Something about the Irish getting low taxes, companies and people as well,#benifit cheats
Jaysus you’re all so bitter up there, long may it continue.

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Jun 2018, 18:47
Canada was very undeserved (most went via LHR) however in recent years there was been an increase in tourism here/there and of course people moving to Canada. WestJet and Norwegian have/will attract a new market that didn't exist before just like Ryanair can do in Europe. AC have moved to promote US connections and of course EI have there own connections particularly from Abu Dhabi taking up a lot of seats.

ia350
21st Jun 2018, 20:06

go away and go back to your small airports and don't be jealous .

Una Due Tfc
21st Jun 2018, 20:06
YQB easily in range of the MAX and NEO, could be a runner for someone. If Halifax and Saint John’s work....if EI timed it well for French connections it might have potential.

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Jun 2018, 20:38
TAP ceo has said DUB is under consideration for 2019s route announcements. They flew LIS/FAO until late 2006 if I am not mistaken. .

NorthernCounties
22nd Jun 2018, 06:53
Jaysus you’re all so bitter up there, long may it continue.

Hey, don´t be tarring all Northerners with the same brush... 29Alpha - what right has a Northerner to talk about benefit cheats... what´s the yearly NI Social Welfare Bill again?

owenc
22nd Jun 2018, 07:18
go away and go back to your small airports and don't be jealous .
Stop stirring.

29Alpha
22nd Jun 2018, 08:11
Co Mayo isnt really north, is it

owenc
22nd Jun 2018, 18:00
No. It’s 100’s of miles away.

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Jul 2018, 13:22
Over 3.1 million in June up 7%

European 1.7 million up 6%
UK 873,000 up 3%
Transatlantic 446,000 up 16%
ME/Other 92,000 up 28%
Domestic 12,000 up 45%

Over 14.7 million year to date up 6%

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-news/detail/new-record-for-dublin-airport-in-june

ia350
10th Jul 2018, 18:07
Great numbers again this month what we looking at for the year 31.5 ?

Jamie2k9
14th Jul 2018, 17:34
LH to increase FRA from 4 to 5 daily starting in October which will take total daily departures up to x10 between LH/EI/FR. MUC also gets extra capacity carried over from the summer to x13 weekly..

In 1 year LH have increased from 3 to 5 daily.

Jamie2k9
25th Jul 2018, 08:24
Ryanair has issued letters of protective notice to more than 300 staff as it announced plans to cut its Dublin- based fleet by 20% for the winter months.

The airline said it plans to cut its Dublin-based fleet of aircraft from 30 to around 24.

It said it has issued letters of protective notice to over 100 pilots and over 200 cabin crew employees, whose services may not be required from 28 October onwards.

The airline said the moves come on the back of the rapid growth of its Polish charter airline, Ryanair Sun, along with a downturn in bookings and airfares in Ireland.

It said this was "partly as a result of recent rolling strikes by Irish pilots, which has had a negative effect on high fare bookings and forward air fares as consumer confidence in the reliability of our Irish flight schedules has been disturbed".

Ryanair said it will be offering transfers to Poland and possibly some other bases to the Dublin-based pilots and cabin crew employees for Winter 2018 in order to minimise any redundancies.

Ryanair's COO Peter Bellew said the airline regretted the base aircraft reductions at Dublin for winter 2018.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0725/980917-ryanair-dublin-cuts/

The Kremlin’s aviation regulator, Rosaviatsia, has issued a decree granting permission for Aeroflot’s low-cost subsidiary to start flying a new direct service from Moscow to Dublin.

Pobeda, Aeroflot’s budget airline, will initially fly four times a week from the Russian capital to Dublin, according to filings published yesterday on the regulator’s website.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/kremlin-clears-aeroflot-s-budget-carrier-for-moscow-dublin-route-1.3575373

25th Jul 2018, 09:02
What is the normal change in Ryanair's fleet from Summer into Winter?

positive
25th Jul 2018, 20:47
What is the normal change in Ryanair's fleet from Summer into Winter?
Won't be too far off the reduction announced by Ryanair today minus 6 based planes, they can just operate the flights from the other bases and not drop too many flights at the end of the day. Ryanair don't drop too many routes unless they are not making money on them.

Seat 2A
26th Jul 2018, 10:31
EY reducing to daily B777 (28+364) from 15 Jan...lot of competition flying East but will CX move to daily??

mart901
26th Jul 2018, 19:59
And meanwhile EZY recruiting in Dublin

29Alpha
26th Jul 2018, 20:17
And meanwhile EZY recruiting in Dublin
recruiting in dub for post brexit, u wont see them in dub

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Jul 2018, 20:59
recruiting in dub for post brexit, u wont see them in dub

Is it just a general open day but why would you go to EZY when you can have just a good conditions with airlines based here.

mart901
27th Jul 2018, 07:59
Is it just a general open day but why would you go to EZY when you can have just a good conditions with airlines based here.
I think you'll find its opportunistic given FR's announcement, they are recruiting for crew and pilots and it includes LON and MAN positions as well as European bases. They are holding 3 days of recruitment roadshows.