PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet-5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

toledoashley
12th Sep 2017, 21:03
https://twitter.com/JamesAMarchant/status/907696244658753537?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fluxurytravelled

Answers on a postcard, please...!

daz211
12th Sep 2017, 21:23
Can't really think of anything massive other than loco longhaul but can't see it myself
Probably just a seat sale :rolleyes:

inOban
12th Sep 2017, 21:42
Buying a large part of Alitalia or Air Berlin?

BHX5DME
12th Sep 2017, 21:48
BHX base please

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Sep 2017, 21:57
Have I completely missed the EZY and DY/WestJet agreement as well as EZY to EZY connections announcement?

https://www.easyjet.com/en/worldwide

Jerry123
12th Sep 2017, 21:58
Maybe finally a base at CWL?!

_aax1
12th Sep 2017, 22:02
I doubt it's anything in the UK. Probably a base in Austria or Germany.

inOban
12th Sep 2017, 22:06
Have I completely missed the EZY and DY/WestJet agreement as well as EZY to EZY connections announcement?

They kept that hidden. Not on their media page. When did this come out?

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Sep 2017, 22:07
Logged on to regular site and it was the background pic.

If it hasn't been announced I would expect it's what the tweet is about.

True Blue
12th Sep 2017, 22:26
Seems to be connections with Norwegian and Westjet using Gatwick Connects.

toledoashley
13th Sep 2017, 05:51
Well done, great find!

Captain_Caveman
13th Sep 2017, 05:59
Official announcement to the world is today. That's why there has been no coverage until now.

lfc84
13th Sep 2017, 08:10
gatwick connects has been operating for years already

Lon12
13th Sep 2017, 09:00
Yeah

Just lunched new partner flights

http://m.todayonline.com/business/britains-easyjet-launches-platform-book-partner-flights

Pegpilot
13th Sep 2017, 10:14
All well and good, but the fact the pax will be responsible for handling their baggage themselves at connection airports kind of implies that what they're selling is a pair of point-to-point tickets. Who carries the risk for missed connections ?

lfc84
13th Sep 2017, 10:21
Gatwick Connects

GAZMO
13th Sep 2017, 10:35
Will the bookings have to be made via Gatwick Connects or will they be available via easyjet website

j636
13th Sep 2017, 10:56
They will also allow connections at Euro bases such as MXP, BCN, CDG, AMS, GVA etc

Expressflight
18th Sep 2017, 10:42
The easyJet Spring 2018 programme should be released on Wednesday of this week.

inOban
18th Sep 2017, 11:02
Should be? They've updated the website today, so I guess it's will be!

Flight schedule release dates | easyJet (http://www.easyjet.com/en/schedule-release)

ESCNI
23rd Sep 2017, 05:04
8am easyjet Belfast flight to Liverpool cancelled at midnight last night.

Lots of our 52 won't be able to go the Everton v Bournemouth game now.

For "crew welfare issues" ... whatever that means!

virginblue
23rd Sep 2017, 13:01
German media are reporting that easyJet is the preferred bidder for airberlin subsidiary LGW. The plan apparently is to prop this carrier up with A320s currently leased by airberlin proper and to expand the easyJet operation in Berlin (probably by adding TXL - my guess) and enter the Dusseldorf market at a relatively massive scale, including domestic flights. Currenlty there is sime wrangling behind the scenes regarding slots at Dusseldorf which is one of the most slot-constrained airports in Europe.

r_c
23rd Sep 2017, 22:21
easyJet has not yet released their timetable for summer 2018, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how often they usually fly Luton to Menorca (Mahon) in the summer months? e.g. July and August.

No crystal balls expected, but maybe someone knows from previous years if they usually fly 7 days a week, or only certain days then that would be nice to hear.

Thank you.

Johnny F@rt Pants
24th Sep 2017, 10:03
As we are currently still in the peak summer season, why not have a look at easyJet's schedule for this next week. Alternatively, wait till Thursday morning, all will be revealed

AerRyan
24th Sep 2017, 10:14
Why a new thread?

DaveReidUK
24th Sep 2017, 10:19
easyJet has not yet released their timetable for summer 2018, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how often they usually fly Luton to Menorca (Mahon) in the summer months? e.g. July and August.

No crystal balls expected, but maybe someone knows from previous years if they usually fly 7 days a week, or only certain days then that would be nice to hear.

Flights in June 2018 operate Tue/Fri/Sat. It's likely that July and August will be the same frequency.

Edit: Just looked at the flight history for Jul/Aug 2017 - EZY2257 operated daily ex Sun/Mon, so ignore the above. :O

canberra97
24th Sep 2017, 11:24
As we are currently still in the peak summer season, why not have a look at easyJet's schedule for this next week. Alternatively, wait till Thursday morning, all will be revealed

I wouldn't call September 24th as being 'currently still in the peak' summer season as that finished once the kids went back to school over two weeks ago, we're more into the beginning of autumn now!

inOban
24th Sep 2017, 12:33
Actually Wednesday, 27th.

Boeing737-8
24th Sep 2017, 13:44
Thursday 28th should be any new routes

Johnny F@rt Pants
24th Sep 2017, 14:36
I wouldn't call September 24th as being 'currently still in the peak' summer season as that finished once the kids went back to school over two weeks ago, we're more into the beginning of autumn now!

The schedule doesn't suddenly change in the first week of September. Whilst I appreciate that the schedule tails off towards the end of October I would be surprised if there is any difference between the schedule for this next week and what the schedule was 6 weeks ago, it isn't where I work.

VentureGo
24th Sep 2017, 15:44
I was recently advised on the Newcastle thread that easyJet's service to Split, Croatia from Newcastle only ran from Mid June to their last flight for the season on 17th September - so maybe current schedules will not reflect the full summer season.

pamann
24th Sep 2017, 15:53
The schedule doesn't suddenly change in the first week of September. Whilst I appreciate that the schedule tails off towards the end of October I would be surprised if there is any difference between the schedule for this next week and what the schedule was 6 weeks ago, it isn't where I work.

Same for EasyJet's STN-MAH and STN-ZTH I'm pretty sure both of those ended mid September rather than the official end of the summer schedule which is end of October. Easy clearly do operate peak season flights/routes.

Chidken Sangwich
24th Sep 2017, 22:13
The easyJet Spring 2018 programme should be released on Wednesday of this week.

Amazed they still launch so late. I booked my Spring flights with BA months ago and have crossed checked against EZY launch fares and BA were still cheaper.

LAX_LHR
28th Sep 2017, 17:53
Looks like some Easyjet expansion in the UK next summer.

Belfast, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester and Southend all look to be getting an extra aircraft each.

GAZMO
28th Sep 2017, 17:57
Check Belfast thread for press release re BFS

EZYPZY
28th Sep 2017, 18:28

Belfast, Bristol, Liverpool, Manchester and Southend all look to be getting an extra aircraft each.

Any guesses for new routes? This winters new AGA route from MAN doesn't appear to be bookable for next summer and neither does LPA. Thought these would've been popular year round.

LAX_LHR
28th Sep 2017, 18:52
MAN-LPA was launched as winter season only, it's due to lack of volume on hotel rooms in the summer, as it's very popular with Germans in particular in the summer who take up the lions share of the rooms.

MAN-AGA probably suits the winter sun method more, as Agadir drops off a little in the summer as the Med areas are more popular. MAN has Air Arabia Maroc and Thomson in the summer so ample capacity.

It's no different to Lyon and Turin also being winter only, serve the routes at their peak flows.

As for new routes, I have heard 3 mentioned, but we will just have to see what transpires.

inOban
28th Sep 2017, 19:30
I was looking at the EDI Easy departures for S18 and noticed that Madeira stops at the end of this season. It's several years since they dropped any route from EDI. Fortunately it's being picked up by Jet2.

So far the only increase for S18 that I have noticed is that Berlin goes to daily. I think there may be more bfs flights as well.

AndrewH52
28th Sep 2017, 19:35

Liverpool also sees two A319s up gauged to A320s giving 5nr A320 and 3nr A319 from July '18.

tws123
4th Oct 2017, 21:18
SEN 4th based aircraft for S18 confirmed as an A320 and will join the existing 3 A319s.

Seljuk22
14th Oct 2017, 07:19
EZY might take over 25 A320 from AB to operate mainly out of TXL - also on domestic German routes.
Update on discussions with Air Berlin (http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/easyjet1/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=2&newsid=939483)

Hollymead
18th Oct 2017, 14:59
Hmm , what chances Genoa ?

Genoa airport woos EasyJet Initial routes under consideration - The Medi Telegraph (http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/transport/road-rail-air-transport/2017/10/17/genoa-airport-woos-easyjet-initial-routes-under-consideration-Q99anhIqN1amZjIVnWB3HK/index.html)

1sky
24th Oct 2017, 06:03
Press conference in Berlin at 2pm.

Seljuk22
24th Oct 2017, 16:19
Bordeaux will be a base with 3 based A320 next summer
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/en/stories/11755-easyjet-announces-a-new-base-in-bordeaux-the-airlines-sixth-base-in-france

The96er
24th Oct 2017, 16:53
Press conference in Berlin at 2pm.

Any update ?

pabely
28th Oct 2017, 07:10
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-28/easyjet-in-deal-to-take-over-air-berlin-a320-plane-leases-slots

Seljuk22
28th Oct 2017, 12:44
Lease of 25 A320 for operation out of TXL
easyJet will operate a reduced timetable at Tegel during the winter season but plans to operate a full schedule from the summer season 2018.
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/en/stories/11764-easyjet-signs-agreement-with-air-berlin

LGS6753
28th Oct 2017, 16:55
Does this mean:

Nov/Dec: nothing
Dec-Mar: reduced timetable
Mar on: Full schedule

toledoashley
28th Oct 2017, 16:59
LGS6753 - Yes, That's what I understand.

pabely
28th Oct 2017, 19:11
I believe the Airbuses are quite different having different galleys, seats & software which will all need to be taken by engineering which with full Winter maintenance program started will take a while to get under their processes.
Crewing will have to be hired and brought under the the Easy way of doing things.

virginblue
28th Oct 2017, 22:28
Don't they also need the approval of the competition authorities?

mikkie4
28th Oct 2017, 22:44
G-EZPB is the new resident A320 at LONDON SOUTHEND AIRPORT

southside bobby
29th Oct 2017, 07:20
mikkie4....Thanks..Your point being?..

gojmc
29th Oct 2017, 07:32
I believe the Airbuses are quite different having different galleys, seats & software which will all need to be taken by engineering which with full Winter maintenance program started will take a while to get under their processes.
Crewing will have to be hired and brought under the the Easy way of doing things.

All of easyjet’s rostering / ops / crewing function is done from Luton. I’m confident they’ll be able to cope with a few more flights over winter (daily peak over summer was 1700 sectors per day).

Expressflight
29th Oct 2017, 07:57
mikkie4....Thanks..Your point being?..

I think he was pointing out the arrival of SEN's winter-based A320. The MLA route starts today.

southside bobby
29th Oct 2017, 08:25
Right oh thanks,tho I was under the assumption there was an A320 at SEN anyways.

Expressflight
29th Oct 2017, 08:32
Hopefully the 4th aircraft for S2018 will be an A320.

southside bobby
29th Oct 2017, 09:18
Yes right oh.
Separately & generally I see EZY retire 5 more A319`s by year end.

pabely
30th Oct 2017, 15:50
All of easyjet’s rostering / ops / crewing function is done from Luton. I’m confident they’ll be able to cope with a few more flights over winter (daily peak over summer was 1700 sectors per day).

I'm sure Ops are up to the task, it was engineering I was referring to.
How long did the GB Airways Airbuses last when EZY took them over.......!

easyflyer83
30th Oct 2017, 16:11
The GB 320’s lasted around 3 or 4 years at EZY. They had minimal reconfiguration, just the wardrobe and opposite side of the forward galley were removed and an extra row installed.

Having different cabin configurations won’t be a major problem, atleast to start with.

pabely
30th Oct 2017, 17:12
Yes right oh.
Separately & generally I see EZY retire 5 more A319`s by year end.

But 15 new A320s before end of this year!

Captain_Caveman
30th Oct 2017, 18:41
I'm sure Ops are up to the task, it was engineering I was referring to.
How long did the GB Airways Airbuses last when EZY took them over.......!

The GB aircraft had the wrong engines to stay long term, as I understand it all the Air Berlin buses are cfm powered. It all depends on the leases as to how long they stay around the place..

BFS BHD
1st Nov 2017, 00:44
Any idea when easyJet will announce the new routes for S18?

toledoashley
1st Nov 2017, 07:07
Last year it was 13th December

BFS BHD
1st Nov 2017, 09:35
Thanks! :)

scifi
3rd Nov 2017, 16:14
The Isle of Man Government website, gov.im has announced that EasyJet has started to take on worldwide routes...

easyJet (https://www.easyjet.com/us), Europe's leading airline, has today launched ‘Worldwide by easyJet’ - the first global airline connections service by a European low fares airline.
Legacy airlines have traditionally offered connectivity through costly and complex interline and codeshare agreements and procedures – with Worldwide by easyJet these will be replicated by self-connect and sales partnerships through a digital, virtual hub which will offer the same sort of connectivity but more simply and efficiently.
With seats available from today, 'Worldwide by easyJet' enables customers to seamlessly connect their easyJet flight with partner airline flights with launch partners WestJet and Norwegian using the GatwickConnects product.

Not seen that mentioned anywhere else...

Tonyq
4th Nov 2017, 12:44
You didn't think to check the easyJet website, then!

mik3bravo
4th Nov 2017, 14:37
Ryanair now have a growing competitive challenge from Easyjet. Seems Easyjet are kicking Ryanair when they are down, following the 'rostering' problem.

The competitive landscape is changing very fast, interesting to see how much profit expansion Easyjet achieve as a direct result of partnering with Norwegian and Westjet.

southside bobby
4th Nov 2017, 15:04
mik3bravo....Get a grip.
Ryanair shares up 5% on Tuesday when they announced profits for the full year still within original guidance of up to Euro 1.5 Billion!.

mik3bravo
4th Nov 2017, 15:33
Ouch. Touched a nerve there :ok:

RAT 5
4th Nov 2017, 15:34
How does RYR treble profits with only a doubling of fleet size over a few years? Load factors are similar, fuel costs have been similar. It can't be that simple. Add-on charges have increased significantly. Profit used to be €4/pax, then €6 it's now €10. And no-one asks delving questions. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

But this is an easy jet thread, so I apologise for being sucked in by the previous posts. The Air Berlin expansion route could lead to profitable times for ez. Hope so.

southside bobby
4th Nov 2017, 16:20
Giving your good self away there mik3bravo.
I`m just stating solid facts.

LGS6753
4th Nov 2017, 16:52
RAT 5 -
Profits increase exponentially (if you control costs) because you spread your overheads more thinly. For example, the costs of the management team are less per unit if you spread them across 100 aircraft than 50. Also, larger operators can negotiate more favourable prices, reducing the unit cost of (for example) aircraft.
That's how the magic is worked....

Trav a la
4th Nov 2017, 17:05
RAT 5.

Charge all PAX 3€ per sector and then refuse to honour compensation claims.

Must add millions to their annual profits.

Surprised EJ don't also do it. Ooop!

RAT 5
4th Nov 2017, 17:34
So if BA, KLM, AF etc scrap their crappy free sandwich for economy class europe; it must cost >€3 each to make it and deliver it to the a/c, they could boost their profits by the same as RYR adding €3, (EU 261 charge) to each pax. If it is that easy, and they wouldn't lose any pax, why are they not doing it. Or will I be head-hunted as CFO in the next few days?

mik3bravo
4th Nov 2017, 21:39
Fuel hedging is a big factor in ensuring margin expansion remains strong, some hedge better than others.

Trav a la
4th Nov 2017, 23:49
Well that's what I was hinting at in my post. Perhaps a more interesting question tho, is how RA have been able to get away with it for so many years.

canberra97
5th Nov 2017, 04:38
Well that's what I was hinting at in my post. Perhaps a more interesting question tho, is how RA have been able to get away with it for so many years.

Because comparing Ryanair with British Airways is like comparing apples and oranges regardless of the BOB service on BA.

By the way the IATA codes for EasyJet is EZ and Ryanair is FR not EJ and RA respectively!

gojmc
5th Nov 2017, 05:23
Because comparing Ryanair with British Airways is like comparing apples and oranges regardless of the BOB service on BA.

By the way the IATA codes for EasyJet is EZ and Ryanair is FR not EJ and RA respectively!

Easyjet is u2

5 RINGS
5th Nov 2017, 05:52
Giving your good self away there mik3bravo.
I`m just stating solid facts.

Indeed 5% up on results day, but that still leaves them 15% down compared to mid August before it all hit the fan.

You know the famous quote about statistics right?

canberra97
5th Nov 2017, 06:11
Easyjet is u2

Thank you for your correction I appreciate it and what an absolutely ridiculous mistake on my part I can't believe I did that well it was posted at 05.23 after a night out lol

southside bobby
5th Nov 2017, 06:55
5 RINGS...
Thanks absolutely..
Another statistic I would welcome absolutely would be 1.5 billion Euro paid into my bin!

Trav a la
5th Nov 2017, 15:17

Whilst you are in a reflective mood, perhaps you could also acknowledge that I was not using IATA codes or comparing RA with BA!

gnarlberg
5th Nov 2017, 15:27
Hey easy guys.

Is a SO/FO/SFO allowed to:
Taxi and park?
Order the Fuel as he think?
calculate Loadsheet?
calculate Performance and decide V1 & Flex n stuff
brief the Cabin
fly visuals
fly FD OFF takeoffs
fly raw data approaches without bird
talk to Network ops and maintenance ops?

thankyou !

easyflyer83
6th Nov 2017, 06:58
I’m assuming you are ex AB?

lurkio
6th Nov 2017, 08:21
Gnarlberg

Yes/no
Yes
On EFB
On EFB
Yes
Yes
No, no-one is
Yes
Yes, at least with me they can. Other opinions may exist.

gnarlberg
6th Nov 2017, 16:52
hey thanks ! i am.

so like in our company. FD off takeoffs on Islands (not LHR CDG and FRA) are very good training for pitch power flying. but ok.

so a first officer is allowed to pushback start the engines and taxi all the way until entering the parking spot ?

cool thing. thanks guys !

planedrive
6th Nov 2017, 18:16
Yes that is correct, If it's an FO sector then the FO does everything until parking. Only captains allowed to turn onto stand/park due to insurance and often due to guidance only for LHS! Feel free to PM me if you want any more info (FO at EZY)

EcamSurprise
6th Nov 2017, 21:57
To expand on some of the questions / answers:

Taxi and park? - As answered, yes if it is your sector but LHS will park.

Order the Fuel as he think? - an FO will usually get to suggest a fuel number but it isn't always the case depending on who you fly with. Cap has final say.

brief the Cabin - Normally done by the Captain.

fly visuals - sure, but we have some limitations. Min 1500 AAL / 500 AGL until on final approach for example. Should be briefed in advance.

fly FD OFF takeoffs - Never apart from in the sim / dictated by the MEL.

fly raw data approaches without bird - Yes and MT, when appropriate. It should be briefed in advance so PM knows how and what they are monitoring.

talk to Network ops and maintenance ops? - Usually the Captain. Depends on the colleague and how close they are to command / experience level.

Not sure how AB does it, but your crosswind limit in RHS will be 20kts regardless of SO / FO / SFO.

U2 is a very SOP based airline and they expect you to follow them.

I'm Berlin based, feel free to get in touch via PM.

greatoaks
10th Nov 2017, 11:07
Johan Lundgren from TUI.

Plane.Silly
10th Nov 2017, 11:36
This appointment will be interesting. TUI have used EZY for allocations before. Wonder if we'll see more of this, while TUI uses its own planes for more lucrative routes?

stewyb
10th Nov 2017, 15:04
Anybody know if TUI has block booked seats on EZY flights in recent times or if any other tour operators utilise EZY aircraft?

inOban
10th Nov 2017, 15:20
They use EZY from EDI to Dubrovnik.

daz211
10th Nov 2017, 15:48
So it looks like Easyjet are happy to let jet2 take No2 position at Stansted no sign of extra based aircraft or new and existing routes.

Guess it’s just same old Easyjet I’m not saying they don’t know what they are doing there may well be method behind their madness but it just seem at Stansted at least there is no ambition or route development what so ever over the last few years.

I personally thought that Easyjet might put up a bit of a fight but seem they are happy to roll over and let jet2 tickle its belly.

A320.b744
10th Nov 2017, 17:21
easyJet fly to only 25 destinations from STN, of which 20 are (or will be) in direct competition with at least one airline. That means they'll have to reduce prices, reducing profits, in order to compete. It does not make sense to wage war on Ryanair's turf, all for the sake of being the second largest airline at STN, because easyJet will lose that fight. If Jet2 want to expand their STN operations, easyJet will watch from the sidelines because they know that Ryanair will crush the competition at STN. What does make sense for easyJet, however, is expanding at airports where easyJet is already dominant, and where the airline can make the most money. The same goes for Ryanair at LTN and LGW - they aren't going to expand operations at these airports because they know that they'll lose the fight against easyJet. The fact the Ryanair are moving BFS-LGW to BFS-STN is evidence of this. STN is Ryanair territory, while LTN, LGW and SEN are easyJet territories.

toledoashley
10th Nov 2017, 19:06
TUI are also using seats on a number of routes from LTN as well - inc Alicante/Malaga/Tenerife

gnarlberg
11th Nov 2017, 22:13
could someone of you explain the staff travel of EZY?
I guess its quite cheap to travel within the easy network, but what about transatlantic and asian flights? do you have any agreements? is easyjet working on this? norwegian maybe?

what about the bases, you are opening TXL, but besides that what about AMS? i could find something about AMS but seems it is closed? Are there plans of opening a Base in scandinavia? Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm or maybe Helsinki or is Norwegian to strong there?

What crew meals do you get during your duty? is there anything at all, can you buy, or do you get full meals and beverages?

are there rumors about start flying longhaul with the 321neo LR or will it just remain with norwegian?

do you use iPads/lido?

are there any round trips at all with layover or you usually stay at home every night?
is there a possibility of opening PMI and being temporary based there on company cost? (own discretion)

thanks guys again for your patience, I will attend the roadshow the upcoming week and easy looks like the best option for me even if I need to move to berlin... looking forward :)

Double Hydco
12th Nov 2017, 09:08
Staff Travel - if you are travelling without kids and/or travelling off peak, the ST system can work quite well. Most ST tickets are confirmed seats, and some are standby (but convert to confirmed if the system thinks that the flight if sufficiently undersold). School holidays its a waste of time usually. You can add three other names to your Staff Travel account plus kids. You can change the names up to 20 times in year. We have no agreements with other airlines.

Bases - AMS has been a crew base for quite a while and is expanding I believe. Not sure how many aircraft they have, maybe 7? PMI opened as a seasonal crew base this year for the summer months. FO's tend to go back to LGW for the winter. I can't see a base in Scandinavia any time soon. We have lots of other bases all over Europe.

A321 - I think the 321's are coming to operate services from slot restricted airports like LGW/ORY?

Crew meals - Yes we are fed. Its depends on the sector length and time of day you start as to what you get. (i.e. LON-AMS-LON - a hot breakfast / LON - DLM - LON - two hot meals and sandwiches and chocolate/fruit). Also free tea/coffee and bottles water. We aren't Ryanair, we have a union(s).

LIDO -yes LIDO used on Toughpads. I think PMI base trialled iPAD's in the summer?

Layovers - There are very few layovers. LGW and MXP have a few I think? You will also night stop away if you work at another base. (my last one was about 4 months ago).

Good luck.....

southside bobby
12th Nov 2017, 10:03
A320.b744..
Rather too many assumptions in your last.
STN is valuable to EZY with it`s particular & established network.
RYR & EXS are to a large degree totally different models & quite obviously for the London area & market there is space for both.
Mentions of 17 based units for EXS by 2019 so hardly being "crushed".

ReallyAnnoyed
12th Nov 2017, 11:28
The A321neo is a high density one and not the LR version (which I believe Airbus will not make until 2019 anyway) with 235 seats in the ezy version. It will have a slightly shorter range than the A320neos we get.

Plane.Silly
13th Nov 2017, 08:03
Interesting to find out the incoming CEO is being paid more than Carolyn Mccall. This is at the start, whereas CM's figure is her most recent (of the 7 years at EZY)

I might get they pay a premium for ex-rival talent (he'd been on gardening leave for a while), but what extra can Easyjet possibly get from TUI that they need to pay more for?

Gender gap pay battle at Easy Jet | This is Money (http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-5075745/Gender-gap-pay-battle-Easy-Jet.html)

stewyb
13th Nov 2017, 08:40
TUI passengers booked through EZY flights?

Jerry123
13th Nov 2017, 09:03
That already happens. TUI and Thomas Cook use Easyjet a lot for their package holidays.

DC3 Dave
13th Nov 2017, 10:03
I've really no idea whether Mr Lundgren's remuneration package is justified, but they should be aware that a lot of flak may be coming their way and that gender pay gap is a sensitive and topical issue.

I don't know what percentage of easyjet's employees are female, I can say that around 50% of their customers are. Hopefully they'll find something better to say than "His remuneration is broadly in line with the current CEO."

Plane.Silly
13th Nov 2017, 10:45
Used to do a fair bit with Jet2 as well, but since they grew the Jet2Holidays brand, they soon stopped. Then they used Monarch, so since went under, it's either U2 or FR. Ryanair probably could offer allocations cheaper if they wanted to, but they're happy to sell all of the seats themselves, leaving Easyjet.

I still suspect more of a TUI/Easyjet tie up of some kind coming up soon

toledoashley
13th Nov 2017, 10:59
A TUI/EasyJet tie up in Germany would be very interesting...

ExpectmorePayless
13th Nov 2017, 11:20
They could call it Air Berlin :oh:

LGS6753
13th Nov 2017, 16:12
In senior positions, remuneration is a matter of negotiation. Perhaps Mr Lundgren is a better negotiator than Ms McCall.

RAT 5
13th Nov 2017, 16:27
TUI passengers booked through EZY flights?!
Used to do a fair bit with Jet2, they then stopped. Then they used Monarch, now it's either U2 or FR. Ryanair are happy to sell all of the seats themselves, leaving Easyjet.
I still suspect more of a TUI/Easyjet tie up of some kind coming up soon

So where does Britannia/Thomson for into all this. Are TUI using the LCC's for some low demand/density routes? I suspect the pax who pay normally expecting a Thomson and then travel on an LoCo will not be happy campers. Even if they are notified in advance they might still expect Thomson service. How does this type of marketing work?

inOban
13th Nov 2017, 16:37
It's made clear on the website. From EDI they also use BACF for holidays in Malaga. Essentially they have a single 738 at EDI which is intensively used in the summer. If they were to serve every holiday destination they would need to base a second a/c.

gojmc
13th Nov 2017, 17:09
Having flown both airlines (TUI and EZY) in the last 4 months I can confirm there is not much difference in the two. I doubt most pax would even remember who they flew on once the holiday was over. TUI have no TVs on short haul, no comp food or drink, no preorder food or drink - its all buy on board and the menus are similar.

RAT 5
13th Nov 2017, 19:29
TUI have no comp food or drink, no preorder food or drink - its all buy on board and the menus are similar.

Oh dear; how times have changed. Thank you for the info.

easyflyer83
13th Nov 2017, 23:00
Without sounding defensive..... there is indeed very little difference, short haul, between EZY and TUI. Operationally, they are different in places but joe public doesn't recognise those.

Thomas Cook began taking allocation on EZY several years ago now. A few people were a bit suspicious ("i've seen Airline") but most were pleasantly surprised...EZY's onboard soft product is pretty decent. Furthermore, EZY flight times were generally better as they don't do that many true overnight flights and as such, there was anecdotal evidence that the holiday cost was actually a little more expensive than those flying with TCX.

Captain_Caveman
14th Nov 2017, 04:09
Just because the new boss is ex TUI does not mean easyJet is going to suddenly jump into bed with them. All it indicates is that the man has a range of experience in running a reasonably sized airline/holiday operation. I think many people are adding 2 + 2 and getting an answer of 113.

Plane.Silly
14th Nov 2017, 06:34
If Lundgren has Holidays experience, maybe we could see a development on the 'Easy jet Holidays' brand. Rather than just put flight/transfer/hotel together into one package (Anyone can do that), could we see hotel ownership in the long term?

gojmc
14th Nov 2017, 07:57
I think Stelios would have an issue with that, he already has easyhotels. It would be nice to see a more active easyjet holidays product though

AirportPlanner1
14th Nov 2017, 08:03
In my role where you start on the pay scale depends on previous experience. It would be quite legitimate therefore to pay more to someone with a background in running airlines and holidays than someone from the media.

Also, for a true comparison you would also need to consider things like share packages. It might be that case that McCall did very well out of the overall increase in share price.

Plane.Silly
17th Nov 2017, 09:36
Seen that Easyjet have increased the baggage allowance. 15kg from £8.99 and 23kg from £13.99

bit of a conspiracy theory here....
New CEO may have focus on holiday sales (Coming from TUI), Holidays need more allowance to be more appealing.
Jet2 like to brag about 22kg allowance, so maybe this is a dig at them?

Or could be that Ryanair have 15/20kg options, so they want to do one better than them.

...or just because they can, but the extra cost of fuel would mean there is a reason behind it

Thoughts anyone?

Captain_Caveman
17th Nov 2017, 10:06
The hold bag change has been planned for many months, long before the selection of CEO would have been taken.

inOban
17th Nov 2017, 18:29
Sept and Oct flights released on 22nd.

easyflyer83
17th Nov 2017, 22:37
I would say it is intended to reduce the amount of cabin baggage on city pairs where trips are generally shorter. The thing is, IMO, the reluctance to check bags on these routes tend to be because people are in a rush and want to make the quickest dart possible.

toledoashley
18th Nov 2017, 06:29
As easyflyer83 says, I can't see people giving up their free cabin baggage to put their case in the hold, even if it is reduced. The only way that can work is if cabin baggage is charged as well (say at £5 e/w) - and 'plus' customers get it free, which narrows the gap between the two.

18th Nov 2017, 21:42
I would say it is intended to reduce the amount of cabin baggage on city pairs where trips are generally shorter. The thing is, IMO, the reluctance to check bags on these routes tend to be because people are in a rush and want to make the quickest dart possible.

And because if you have one bag then *something* in it is breakable...

KNT544
20th Nov 2017, 17:53
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlfj00fspwqtqed/GEZUIn.jpg?dl=0

Sad times :(

ib26uk
20th Nov 2017, 21:31
Sorry? Whats up with that easyJet plane?...

MKY661
20th Nov 2017, 21:35
It was the all Orange EasyJet Plane, it is now in standard colours before leaving EasyJet to join EasyJet Switzerland.

toledoashley
21st Nov 2017, 05:48
CMC's last results this morning - wonder if there will be a Monarch/Ryanair/Air Berlin bump?

ib26uk
21st Nov 2017, 10:44
The all orange plane? I saw it at LGW years ago

KNT544
21st Nov 2017, 10:48
It was all orange until last week before it went into that hangar and made to look all normal for the first time in it's life.

SWBKCB
21st Nov 2017, 14:35
CMC's last results this morning - wonder if there will be a Monarch/Ryanair/Air Berlin bump?

Doesn't seem to be in this lot - indications that may appear next time

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/easyjet-full-year-profit-falls-21-443501/

toledoashley
21st Nov 2017, 15:12
No, looks like it came a bit late in their financial year. Currency & fierce competition in key markets look to be the reasons for the profit fall - although stated looks better into H1 with no Monarch & Air Berlin.

Plane.Silly
22nd Nov 2017, 06:32
Flights now bookable upto 28th Oct 18

Seljuk22
25th Nov 2017, 12:43
Rumour says Condor will operate on behalf of EZY some German domestic routes (not mentioned which destinations) out of TXL for a 4 months period.
During winter season Condor might have some spare aircraft from January to April available before summer business starts in May. On the other side EZY can base step by step more aircraft at TXL before starting full operation next summer.

The Flying Cokeman
25th Nov 2017, 16:48
Rumours within the Orange brigade suggest Qatar Airways will be flying on behalf of EZY during first half of 2018 doing most of the routes out of TXL, maybe both operators to be wet leased- time will tell?

Seljuk22
26th Nov 2017, 07:19
"well-informed source" regarding Condor (only in German)
Condor fliegt innerdeutsch für Easyjet - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/condor-easyjet-berlin-tegel-deutschland-wet-lease/42953)

EZY will start in January with 2 own and 12 leased aircraft. TXL-FRA should be one of their domestic routes (slots already approved). EZY will base 25 own aircraft by autumn 2018 in TXL. Some of them ex-Air Berlin aircraft.

toledoashley
26th Nov 2017, 07:37
From what EasyJet suggested at their recent earnings call I took it as the TXL would be all ex-AB aircraft.

planedrive
26th Nov 2017, 09:14
Amazing to start in a month and a half with 14 a/c and NO routes on sale yet. Presumably they have to wait until the transaction is approved (13th Dec?) before they can put routes on sale but I can't imagine the load factors will be too high in the first couple months.

chaps1954
26th Nov 2017, 10:22
loads may be high but fares low

Mr A Tis
26th Nov 2017, 12:42
What is happening with easyJet Europe? I see they have only transferred 8 aircraft from the UK to Austrian register,I thought they were moving around 100 frames over? With all the Brexit uncertainness & the TXL expansion can we realistically see much UK expansion in S18?

LGS6753
26th Nov 2017, 15:15
4 A319s and 25 A320s allocated Austrian registrations according to Jethro (not all re-registered yet). There will be no reason to run separate fleets until Brexit happens, and probably not even then.

easyflyer83
26th Nov 2017, 16:32
70 odd to be registered OE by spring I think the plan is.

chaps1954
26th Nov 2017, 20:32
There has been an Austrian one based at MAN over the last few days so doesn`t
seem a problem.
Big plans for MAN we are led to believe

yeo valley
27th Nov 2017, 06:00
been 1 at BRS as well. No problems at all.

RAT 5
27th Nov 2017, 08:16
Not sure of current rules: what ATPL licences do ez crews have? Are they all UK, is any EASA licence allowed, or does the licence match the pilot's base? Previously, EU TRE's had to be certificated in the country of the ATO. To sign LPC's their national certificate had to be approved by the country of the licence issuer.
Is this causing any problem, and/or how is it being solved? Will the change to OE have any affect on TRE's? They normally had to compete a national indoctrination course to be an approved TRE. Not all TRE's could sign all EASA licences, unlike early JAR days. And are all ez a/c transferring to OE. What then for all the UK TRE's?

southside bobby
27th Nov 2017, 12:04
Well I never.......
EZY flying British domestics EDI-STN-EDI & GLA-STN-GLA this morning with OE-dash A320`s transferred from British registry..a farce & a complete folly of legislature.

The Flying Cokeman
27th Nov 2017, 12:05
EZY crews all have UK EASA licences. There's no impact flying the different AOC's at the moment. I am flying an Austrian reg plane this week I can see.

lfc84
27th Nov 2017, 13:18
OE registered aircraft have done LGW-IOM

rod_1986
27th Nov 2017, 13:45
The only folly causing OE registered EZY aircraft to exist at all is Brexit.

southside bobby
27th Nov 2017, 14:04
Well...without getting into the B debate my point was the farce being enacted with just paperwork & a pot of paint on the side of G-dash a/c flying British domestics just to get around rightly or wrongly envisioned legislature...Farce.

Captain_Caveman
27th Nov 2017, 14:19
What’s so different from what Ryanair and Aer Lingus have been doing for years on UK domestic flights using EI registered aircraft ? Air Berlin did it from Stansted for a while too on D registered aircraft ? EasyJet Europe is a European airline. There is no farce at the moment... no aviation laws have been changed or even put on the table for this whole mess yet.

southside bobby
27th Nov 2017, 15:02
Captain Caveman.
Well yes very good points.
My point tho with EZY is the aircraft have actually been RE-registered & to a nominal European airline title,tho I guess with EZY`s reasoning understood.
Accepting the a/c fly the complete network & not solely devoted to domestics I still state it physically appears farcical when the network allocates them to domestic rotations
morning & evening.Same a/c tho with a slight black paint job on the side,same crew, same scheds & a changed letter of registration in the cockpit.
How does OE-dash work then on UK domestics after March`19 ?..Genuine question.

pabely
27th Nov 2017, 15:08
No-one knows yet, same would apply to EI- ones by RYR?

22/04
27th Nov 2017, 15:15
I keep saying that the overwhelming hope is that we are able to remain members of European Agencies for commercial reasons though we would have no say in the rule making - it's the same with most industries and there was a chap talking about medicines on the radio saying that industry seems destined to be a rule receiver not a rule maker.

I amnot sure that is what Brexiteers envisaged though so it may yet become politically unstuck.

southside bobby
27th Nov 2017, 15:21
Well yes part of my point........tho I do understand perfectly fleet deployment & not restricting particular a/c to particular routes it does appear with domestics a wee bit of a ..... (won`t say the word again)..

RAT 5
27th Nov 2017, 16:00
EZY crews all have UK EASA licences. There's no impact flying the different AOC's at the moment.

AOC is one thing ATO is another. I'm not a guru on EASA regs and TRE's certificate regs. In my early days of JAR, as a TRE, I could sign an LPC on any JAR licence. Slowly, the countries tighten their jurisdictions and the rules changed, perhaps in anticipation of EASA, and 'standardisation' & 'commonality' were redefined. Each XAA had to indoctrinate and authorise their own TRE's and they then became restricted to signing licences issued by the same XAA as their certificate. A/C registration was irrelevant. That is why Easyjet, RYR etc insisted that all pilots had national issued EASA licences and all their TRE's were authorised by the same XAA. Is it possible to have an OE AOC and a UK ATO? That I suspect is the crux of the matter. There will be others more knowledgeable.
Is it easy jet's intention to be 100% OE reg? It would surely simplify things, but might miff UK CAA, unless they keep control of the crews.

Seljuk22
27th Nov 2017, 17:11
Swiss newspaper "NZZ" says EZY got slots from AB at ZRH. They might start ZRH-TXL from January or expand existing service to SXF.
https://nzzas.nzz.ch/wirtschaft/easyjet-fliegt-oefter-ab-zuerich-ld.1332546?reduced=true

EcamSurprise
28th Nov 2017, 09:32
In the end we will end Uk with a mix of G-, OE- and HB- aircraft.

Skipness One Echo
28th Nov 2017, 10:38
Well I never.......
EZY flying British domestics EDI-STN-EDI & GLA-STN-GLA this morning with OE-dash A320`s transferred from British registry..a farce & a complete folly of legislature.
Why is this a farce? It's important to try and understand the rationalf to why this has been done. When we leave the EU, easyJet, a UK registered company needs to be in compliance with the regulations concerning flying internaly within the EU. i.e. a Spain to Italy flight can (likely) not be flown by a G- aircraft as we will no longer be members of said union. Hence, just like easyJet Suisse, to maintain regulatory approval, the route must be flown by an aircraft registered with authority to do so, in this case any EU country. They have, like Eurowings, gone for Austria. Hence anything based in the UK can stay G-, anything based on the continent won't have that luxury going forward. it's not a farce, it's a necessary step to maintain BAU as best they can.
Until that day happens, to work up the AOC and keep things ticking over, the fleet remains interchangable between G- and OE-. That will change if (when) we leave with no deal.

southside bobby
28th Nov 2017, 11:53
Skipness One Echo.
We understand why this is being done...(Do you...do we? TBH your explanation is none too clear).
But really what I`m saying is lawyers "over there " project a business blocking scenario & lawyers "over here" for future proofing initiate a way around it & thru it..in this instance entailing a pot of black paint overnight to change a registration prefix with then the next day an OE-dash flying a UK domestic service down from Scotland...bizarre...& as I stated it`s just a folly of legislature for it hasn`t changed any metal on the ground.
BTW Would you agree OE- is an erstwhile "flag of convenience" registry anyway.

RAT 5
28th Nov 2017, 14:42

regulations concerning flying internaly within the EU. i.e. a Spain to Italy flight can (likely) not be flown by a G- aircraft as we will no longer be members of said union.

Lots of energy going into the AOC aspect, bnut I'm still curious about the pilots' licencing and TRE certification. I'm not sure, but Is HB part of EASA? Can a UK licenced EASA pilot fly an HB a/c. Can an HB TRE sign the LPC for a UK pilots & vice versa? Will any pilots need to OE licenced and/or will any TRE need to be OE authorised? I would not be surprised if there were some gremlins lurking in the dark corners, and that's from a glass always half full guy.

But I'm sure someone has the precise answer and we'll find it's all taken care of. But how, or is there no problem?

pabely
28th Nov 2017, 14:52
BTW Would you agree OE- is an erstwhile "flag of convenience" registry anyway.

What like M- or 2- Oops, they are not EU!

pholling
28th Nov 2017, 15:01
While registration is a big issue, ownership has the potential to be an even bigger issue. Both Easyjet and IAG will reconfigure their ownership structure to become majority EU owned. In the case of EasyJet, this is just changing a declaration. In the case of IAG they will either force UK shareholders to sell their shares or offer additional shares to EU shareholders. Both have significant financial implications. The only problem is that currently the law in the UK will mandate a majority UK ownership for domestic flights, as the 'Great Repeal bill' will just transfer the current rules. Unless the government changes the law, which might not be easy, then BA and EasyJet will not be allowed to fly UK domestic routes. If the law is changed then there is the potential for airlines from outside the UK and EU to enter the market. All in all huge change to the status quo.

southside bobby
28th Nov 2017, 17:25
Pabely..
M- & 2- registries are not open to commercial operations..Else gor blimey who only knows.
Jersey have ZJ- now.....Standby...

pabely
29th Nov 2017, 12:12
I was thinking more of the tax advantage of being on the OE- register, but being tongue in check about the flack of a curtain BBC program against tax avoidance generated by ill informed reporters!

Chris4
29th Nov 2017, 20:01
But really what I`m saying is lawyers "over there " project a business blocking scenario & lawyers "over here" for future proofing initiate a way around it & thru it..in this instance entailing a pot of black paint overnight to change a registration prefix with then the next day an OE-dash flying a UK domestic service down from Scotland...bizarre...& as I stated it`s just a folly of legislature for it hasn`t changed any metal on the ground.
It isn't just using some paint to change the reg prefix. It is registering the aircraft with the austrian authorities meaning that it will be subject to Austrian regulation and thus EU regulation.. nothing has changed physically but it is much more than just painting over the registration

Plane.Silly
30th Nov 2017, 07:14
Another Daily Mail article circulating, criticising EZY about the use of speed tape. When will these people learn it's not as bad as they make it out to be?

southside bobby
30th Nov 2017, 07:39
Chris4_
Cheers for the reply...I must admit my proverbial "pot of black paint" essentially is/was poetic licence...thanks for taking that trouble anyway....

pabely
1st Dec 2017, 07:11
Don't Easyjet take control of Air Berlin assets today?

toledoashley
1st Dec 2017, 07:48
I thought authority for it was on the 12th?

pabely
1st Dec 2017, 08:42
Done a little more research and " European Commission must announce its decision by 7 December 2017, but this deadline may be extended by 10 working days if commitments are offered by Lufthansa. In practice, the Commission is expected to announce its decision on the easyJet/Air Berlin case by 12 December 2017." but that is tied up with Lufthansa plans to take over Niki, Air Berlin’s Austrian holiday airline, and regional carrier LGW so who knows now!

Buster the Bear
1st Dec 2017, 23:25
Using amongst others, 6 SmartLynx A320s for three months to commence ex Air Berlin ops.

LAX_LHR
2nd Dec 2017, 06:42
Those Smartlynx stay at TXL until the end of March. I wonder if they then move over to MAN, as that base is supposed to be getting 6 more aircraft next summer. Would be probably the easiest shoe-in I suspect....

businessair75
2nd Dec 2017, 13:55
Possibly but not necessarily. Any increase could come via something else. I believe an old friend dropped in to LTN yesterday.

LAX_LHR
2nd Dec 2017, 14:05
That also depends how many A320ceo are left?

I doubt Easyjet would want any A321ceo that Monarch had, and that leaves just 9 A320 to pick from. I believe MT has taken 4 A321, and a carrier called Lanmei airlines another.

Of the A320 fleet:

G-ZBAR seems to have gone back to Air Malta
G-OZBW has gone to Shannon and status is ‘leased out’ but no idea who to?
G-ZBAH has been parted out
G-OZBY has been re-registered OE-IFA so seems to have found a new home
G-ZBAT has been re-registered as EI-GCX so may have been taken up.

That leaves

G-ZBAU now at LTN
G-ZBAS/P in Holland
G-OZBX at BHX

Meaning actually just the 4 to pick from, if they haven’t been taken up, but that fact 2 are in hangars May indicate someone has taken them.

MKY661
2nd Dec 2017, 14:49
I can't see EasyJet getting them, apart from G-ZBAS they are older than all the current EasyJet A320's. I wouldn't be surprised if more of the Monarch ones don't fly passengers again tbh.

Rutan16
2nd Dec 2017, 15:26

regulations concerning flying internaly within the EU. i.e. a Spain to Italy flight can (likely) not be flown by a G- aircraft as we will no longer be members of said union.

Lots of energy going into the AOC aspect, bnut I'm still curious about the pilots' licencing and TRE certification. I'm not sure, but Is HB part of EASA? Can a UK licenced EASA pilot fly an HB a/c. Can an HB TRE sign the LPC for a UK pilots & vice versa? Will any pilots need to OE licenced and/or will any TRE need to be OE authorised? I would not be surprised if there were some gremlins lurking in the dark corners, and that's from a glass always half full guy.

But I'm sure someone has the precise answer and we'll find it's all taken care of. But how, or is there no problem?

I understand some of your point however don’t quite get how what your suggesting actually complies with the basic premise of the single market

Surely an EASA license would be valid across All the 28 nations irrespective of issuance.

South side bobby the transfer of registration is far more than just a sticker on the outside, insurances and onboard documents hex codes for navigation aids even fuelling cards all need changing.

OH and the UK currently remains in the Eu with open sky’s rules allowing any EU certified airliner and carrier to fly between between ANY EU airport including third nation domestic points.

How do you think most of Alitalia massive fleet of Irish registered frames operate domestically ?

The Austrian AOC will become far more important over the next few months and the net loser WILL be UK plc as the UK branch is going to be the part that requires ownership changes because it’s most unlikely UK government will continue to allow full foreign ownership and continued sixth freedoms beyond 2019 as things stand in the ongoing negotiations.

Mr @ Spotty M
2nd Dec 2017, 19:17
You are spot on, the only ex MON a/c that easy is going to take is G-ZBAS. :ok:

INKJET
3rd Dec 2017, 07:49
Anyone know why EasyJet have suspended flying to SKG ? I’m aware that one of the runways is being rebuilt and most of the Navajos are u/s but that is normal for many Greek airports, other operators appear to be continuing to use the other runway.

FlyboyUK
3rd Dec 2017, 10:01
I believe it’s because 16/34 is now shut and they have opened a temporary short, narrow runway 10L/28R on the taxiway because the main 10/28 refurb still isn’t finished. No instrument approaches apart from a VOR letdown to circle which given the terrain down there looks like it could be quite sporting onto the temporary runway.

More info http://www.easyjet.com/en/help/preparing-to-fly/latest-travel-information

pabloc
3rd Dec 2017, 13:46
Spotty M, isn’t G-ZBAS refers are glorious leader (A)ndrew (S)waffield??..I’ll ‘Ask Andrew’...;)

Seljuk22
4th Dec 2017, 16:58
Wednesday should be an announcement regarding TXL

TXL-CTA is the first route announced and operated by EZY

Plane.Silly
6th Dec 2017, 06:38
Thats a LOT of MUC flights, 8x daily on weekdays and 5/6 over Sat/Sun.
An airline or a bus service?

alm1
6th Dec 2017, 06:45
Do you think they will cancel flights from SXF? Ir doesn't make too much sense to operate flights with the same departure times from both airports to places like VIE or ZRH, having a lot more daily departures from TXL.

Seljuk22
6th Dec 2017, 16:53
Berlin Tegel – Dusseldorf eff 07JAN18 2 daily (1 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Frankfurt eff 07JAN18 5 daily (4 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Munich eff 07JAN18 8 daily (5 on Saturdays, 6 on Sundays; 1 flight also scheduled on 05JAN18)
Berlin Tegel – Stuttgart eff 07JAN18 4 daily (3 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Budapest eff 08JAN18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Catania eff 08JAN18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Copenhagen eff 07JAN18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Fuerteventura eff 03FEB18 1 weekly
Berlin Tegel – Helsinki eff 01MAR18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Madrid eff 07JAN18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Milan Malpensa eff 01MAR18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Palma Mallorca eff 07JAN18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Paphos eff 03MAR18 1 weekly
Berlin Tegel – Paris CDG eff 07JAN18 1 daily (2 daily from 01FEB18)
Berlin Tegel – Rome eff 07JAN18 1 daily (2 daily from 01MAR18)
Berlin Tegel – Stockholm Arlanda eff 01MAR18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Tel Aviv eff 01FEB18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Vienna eff 07JAN18 4 daily (5 daily from 01FEB18, 4 daily on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Zurich eff 07JAN18 4 daily (3 daily on Saturdays; 5 daily from 01FEB18, 4 on Saturdays)
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/276097/easyjet-outlines-berlin-tegel-network-from-jan-2018/

AB had up to 12 daily flights TXL-MUC. MUC-TXL will be 20xLH, 8xEZY & 4xEW + high speed train (fastest in 4 hours).

By March a total of 15 aircraft are needed. MUC, FRA, VIE and ZRH will have a nightstop.

Flight times to CPH are not optimal for business traveller with departures at 10:10 and 14:40 out of Tegel.

HEL, MAD, MXP "just" daily. In Germany CGN and in Europe AMS, BRU, BCN, ATH as well as BSL, GVA and some UK destinations are missing so far. Would have expect some more business routes to go from SXF to TXL while SXF will be more leisure traffic (e.g. CTA daily out of SXF and use TXL slots for a city destination).

The Flying Cokeman
11th Dec 2017, 16:55
EZY to announce tomorrow two new routes from LGW summer 18 to Italy and Greece.

LAX_LHR
11th Dec 2017, 16:56
I’m guessing the Italy one is LGW-GOA (Genoa).

MAN-GOA and MAN-NCE also announced tomorrow, but there will be a further announcement in the new year.

toledoashley
11th Dec 2017, 17:17
My guess on Greece would be Skiathos.

The Flying Cokeman
11th Dec 2017, 17:29

None of you are right! ��

Ancona/Volos ��

toledoashley
11th Dec 2017, 18:17
Neither would have been at the top of my list!

EZYPZY
11th Dec 2017, 19:09

I'm going to go for Kavala, Greece. Always thought it would be a good fit for EZY from LGW. They are currently serving KVA whilst the runway at SKG undergoes maintenance. If not, maybe they could give Karpathos a go from LGW? Currently no served from UK at all.

As for Italy, my money is on Genoa.

11th Dec 2017, 19:13
Thats a LOT of MUC flights, 8x daily on weekdays and 5/6 over Sat/Sun.
An airline or a bus service?

I see the trains became two hours faster today. That's probably not good news.

The Flying Cokeman
11th Dec 2017, 19:31
I'm going to go for Kavala, Greece. Always thought it would be a good fit for EZY from LGW. They are currently serving KVA whilst the runway at SKG undergoes maintenance. If not, maybe they could give Karpathos a go from LGW? Currently no served from UK at all.

As for Italy, my money is on Genoa.

No need to guess. I’ve given you the two destinations already. :ok:

RAT 5
11th Dec 2017, 19:59
Berlin Tegel – Dusseldorf eff 07JAN18 2 daily (1 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Frankfurt eff 07JAN18 5 daily (4 on Saturdays)
Berlin Tegel – Munich eff 07JAN18 8 daily (5 on Saturdays, 6 on Sundays; 1 flight also scheduled on 05JAN18)
Berlin Tegel – Stuttgart eff 07JAN18 4 daily (3 on Saturdays)

I do not know the success, or not, of the plan, but I thought some years ago the German transport dept was urging pax to shift from aircraft to hi-speed trains for internal sectors: so much so that I thought you could even buy a through ticket on LH where the connecting sector to FRA or MUC, perhaps others, was by train and included in the ticket. Has that worked out, was it ever implemented? There are many routes, even UK, where a city centre- city centre train journey, with working and/or relaxing time, is highly preferable to a pain in the rear trip via 2 airports and all the ensuing stress and possible chaos and delays. If train companies got their ticket prices and overall pax experience sorted out they could stuff airlines on many routes. I used to wonder at the London centre guys who slogged it up to LTN or STN to then go through the mill and how to catch an ez or FR flight to GLA or EDI, when a hi-speed train with dinner was so much more attractive. Was it just price that drove that market? Certainly not the last 20 seats or so. Are the trains, with reserved seats, so expensive? TALIS & TGV and the German version are tops.

I know RYR undercut the BCN-MAD train ticket substantially. The train was businessmen prices. North South in Italy should be possible with train as an alternative; and France. Not sure about East-West in France; yet.

MKY661
11th Dec 2017, 20:06
I've seen on another forum that news regarding LPL will also be announced tomorrow.

AirportPlanner1
11th Dec 2017, 21:56
RAT5, a lot of business between GLA/EDI and LGW/LTN/SEN and also LHR isn't going into the centre of London. Yes some will "slog" it to the outer airports but a fair few will be heading to Brighton, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Oxford etc etc or vice versa.

toledoashley
12th Dec 2017, 05:00
So far:
Luton - Reus/Genoa/Thessaloniki/Palermo/Dalaman
Gatwick - Volos/Ancona
Southend - Bordeaux/Dubrovnik/Pula/Prague
Bristol - Genoa/Seville
Belfast - Isle of Man/Naples/Valencia
Manchester - Genoa
Liverpool - Palermo/Dalaman/Pula

lutonboi
12th Dec 2017, 06:04
Luton - Palermo is also new

EZYPZY
12th Dec 2017, 06:39
Liverpool to Dalaman/Palermo/Pula

Barling Magna
12th Dec 2017, 07:05
Southend to Prague and Pula. Twenty EZY destinations available from SEN now.

mikkie4
12th Dec 2017, 07:25
keep em coming....the tree huggers and the nimbys in the SEN area are going to love this

pabely
12th Dec 2017, 10:22
keep em coming....the tree huggers and the nimbys in the SEN area are going to love this

Only utilizing the capacity of the 4th frame, unless you are suggesting more based airbuses?

MAJP
12th Dec 2017, 11:41
Bordeaux - Bastia 2x weekly (Volotea and Hop operated the route in S17)
Bordeaux - Catania 3x weekly
Bordeaux - Faro 4x weekly (competing with Volotea)
Bordeaux - Heraklion 2x weekly (Aegean)
Bordeaux - Luxembourg 4x weekly
Bordeaux - London Southend 3x weekly
Bordeaux - Tel Aviv 2x weekly

Nice - Biarritz 2x weekly
Nice - Catania 2x weekly
Nice - Sevilla up to 3x weekly
Nice - Tel Aviv 2x weekly

Basel - Athens 2x weekly
Basel - Belgrade 3x weekly
Basel - Lamezia 2x weekly
Basel - Menorca 2x weekly
Basel - Pula 2x weekly
Basel - Vienna 6x weekly

Lyon - Corfu 1 weekly
Lyon - Fuerteventura 2 weekly
Lyon - Rennes 4 weekly
Lyon - Tel Aviv 2 weekly

Jerry123
12th Dec 2017, 12:30
Any new bases for Easyjet?

EZYPZY
12th Dec 2017, 12:56
Bordeaux is a new base for 2018.

Captain_Caveman
12th Dec 2017, 13:51
55 new routes announced in total today across the network !

daz211
12th Dec 2017, 14:08
Yet again this is becoming very predictable with EZY at Stansted stagnation is what EZY seem to like they don’t seem to mind new airlines moving in pushing them down the rankings but guess it’s working for them in some way

Unless they pull something out of the bag we will stay with the same old routes yet again :ugh:

SWBKCB
12th Dec 2017, 15:53
Or put another way, the airport doesn't meet the criteria for expansion. :ok:

southside bobby
12th Dec 2017, 16:04
I`m wondering then what is in the EZY book of criteria...
If you have had the privilege of a little peek could you please inform... :)

HH6702
12th Dec 2017, 16:27
Newcastle hasn't got anything new either

inOban
12th Dec 2017, 16:54
Nor have either EDI or GLA. Maybe there's a second batch to be released.

22/04
12th Dec 2017, 17:13
I think Ryanair is a threat at STN; they fly to most destinations and will compete on price. They have burnt Easy's fingers before - remember LTN-CPH.

Unless you can spot an Achilles heal and go in big (Jet2 really dramatically expanded the holiday market) STN is difficult- there are other places to go. Anyway STN is arguably doing very well, Jet2,Wow, etc. etc.

compton3bravo
12th Dec 2017, 17:40
The criteria Southside is making money at airport's which give a good return on its investment, i.e. Gatwick, Manchester, Luton. Unfortunately Stansted, Glasgow and Newcastle do not seem on their priority list at this time.

LGS6753
12th Dec 2017, 18:05
Looks as though EZY fly to 69 destinations from Luton, but not all year-round. Taking Monday 4th June as my example, the first wave requires 22 aircraft to depart before 0800. I suspect one or two spares may be based too.

Seljuk22
12th Dec 2017, 18:18
2 additional aircraft for Basel to 4 A319 + 7 A320

Milan-Pula/Faro
Naples-Torino/Granada
Venice-Seville

If 55 new routes have been announced today then there are 10 missing here so far.

RAT 5
12th Dec 2017, 19:50
There's more to easyjet than UK. They are a pan-european airline. Expanding in under served markets can make more sense than trying to expand in an over supplied market. Open your minds and realise there is a wonderful world across the channel. Not talking politics, just people & places.

inOban
12th Dec 2017, 20:51
Looks as though EZY fly to 69 destinations from Luton, but not all year-round. Taking Monday 4th June as my example, the first wave requires 22 aircraft to depart before 0800. I suspect one or two spares may be based too.
Check that none of these are return workings. At EDI the 7.35 to Basel last summer had arrived from there.

toledoashley
13th Dec 2017, 04:29
Venice - Rhodes
Venice - Thessaloniki
Venice - Bari
Venice - Brindisi
Venice - Cagliari

Milan Malpensa - Faro
Milan Malpensa - Vienna
Milan Malpensa - Pula

compton3bravo
13th Dec 2017, 04:41
Could not agree more RAT 5.

lplsprog
13th Dec 2017, 07:54
Liverpool-Dalaman
Liverpool-Pula
Liverpool-Palermo

Jerry123
13th Dec 2017, 08:27
There's more to easyjet than UK. They are a pan-european airline. Expanding in under served markets can make more sense than trying to expand in an over supplied market. Open your minds and realise there is a wonderful world across the channel. Not talking politics, just people & places.
This is a mostly UK airport and airlines forum and Easyjet are one of the biggest airlines in the UK so it's reasonable for people to be more interested in UK expansion and hope for new routes and new bases in the UK rather than the EU.

paully
13th Dec 2017, 08:33
Which makes perfect sense Jerry.

inOban
13th Dec 2017, 08:52
But comparing the present state of the UK economy with that of the rest of the EU, it is hardly surprising that the LCCs see more growth opportunities in routes within the mainland.

pabely
14th Dec 2017, 10:14
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.” :E

CabinCrewe
14th Dec 2017, 10:21
There has previously beena second batch of announcements in Jan/Feb had there not? Something more for the "UK" then ?

Seljuk22
18th Dec 2017, 16:45
some more (sommer seasonal) routes announced last week:

Berlin-SXF - Zadar 2 weekly

Naples - Alghero 3weekly
Naples - Granada 2 weekly
Naples - Torino daily
Naples - Palermo daily

Venice - Rhodes 2 weekly
Venice - Thessaloniki 2weekly
Venice - Bari 3 weekly
Venice - Brindisi 2 weekly
Venice - Cagliari 4 weekly
Venice - Seville 4 weekly
Venice - Dubrovnik 3 weekly

Milan Malpensa - Faro 2 weekly
Milan Malpensa - Vienna daily
Milan Malpensa - Pula 3 weekly

inOban
18th Dec 2017, 17:26
There has previously beena second batch of announcements in Jan/Feb had there not? Something more for the "UK" then ?
As I recall, the later release tends to be about increased frequency on existing routes, rather than new routes.

Seljuk22
19th Dec 2017, 16:46
Eurowings won't start proposed operation out of TXL in January. Less competition for EZY esp. for domestic German routes.

TXL-DUS will be increased to 6 daily while ZRH and VIE will be operated by WDL with BAE 146 aircraft.

Condor and Smartlynx will also operate flights on behalf of EZY out of TXL.

RAT 5
19th Dec 2017, 19:29
TXL-DUS will be increased to 6 daily

So what did happen to the German governments policy of shifting domestic flights onto railways?

inOban
19th Dec 2017, 19:38
I guess that wouldn't be allowed under the EU single market?

AndrewH52
19th Dec 2017, 20:00
Don’t see what the Single Market would have to do with this? If the German Government wanted to tax air travel to encourage channel shift to what it sees as a lower carbon form of travel in rail, there is absolutely nothing to stop them.

Rutan16
20th Dec 2017, 11:32
Düsseldorf to Berlin takes 4 and ¼ hours plus on an ICE that past the point where air retains a time competitive edge.

Reunified Germany is a huge place and Berlin is in the top right hand corner nearer much of Poland than the core productive and economic powerhouses of the Rhur and Rhineland

1sky
20th Dec 2017, 14:39
How will Easy react to Wizz growth at Luton? It might be interesting to watch.

daz211
20th Dec 2017, 14:54
Well if it’s anything like Stansted they will roll over and let the others tickle their bellies :ugh: I think you will find they are spending every second trying to sort out European operations.

pabely
21st Dec 2017, 08:52
Can't see that this has been report before http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/milan-malpensa-becomes-second-worldwide-easyjet-hub

22/04
21st Dec 2017, 08:55
The growth and complexity of BREXIT coupled with strong economic growth everywhere except the UK means that is where Easy will put in the effort. I doubt they are over endowed with crews either.

Seljuk22
28th Dec 2017, 17:35
Forecast 2018
https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/en/stories/11926-easyjet-forecasts-a-series-of-strategic-milestones-in-2018

pabely
28th Dec 2017, 18:52
I wonder why the 'green' leased 146 was not in the media centre release

SWBKCB
29th Dec 2017, 06:06
Because the release is about strategic milestones, so a short term lease isn't relevant...

carousel
29th Dec 2017, 19:28
Last night 28/12/17 0100 Easyjet cancelled the out bound Glasgow flight. The pax had been kept waiting 5 hours to find this out. Who informed the somewhat grumpy pax, the Captain of the inbound got out the cockpit walked up the jet bridge and personally explained over the tannoy exactly why the cancellation had happened (out of hours) he then stated he would remain at the desk to answer any questions. Well done that man.
P.S. one female pax had collapsed in the crowd, first aid administered not by STN but the crew on the arriving aircraft who should of been off home.
Well done.

easyflyer83
29th Dec 2017, 20:33
It’s not that unusual in the world of Orange..... seen this on several occasions. It generally helps the situation. It also helps take the pressure off the ground staff as many a Pax seem to speak to the captain in a manner that should also be afforded to the gate agents.

The crew administering first aid doesn’t surprise me either... it comes seconds nature to cabin crew who are trained and used to dealing with faints etc on a semi regular basis.

Nevertheless a good a effort by all concerned by the sounds of it. A good show.

davidjohnson6
29th Dec 2017, 22:54
For centuries, on a ship at sea, the person wearing the uniform with four stripes is looked at by crew and passengers as a person who should exemplify leadership, but also comes with responsibility. Captain is the face of the company that owns the ship and captain is expected to manage the ship for the company, not hide in a small room away from everyone else while giving the occasional order. If somethng goes wrong, captain has to deal with it - while being visible to all. That means more than knowing which buttons to press on the bridge, it also means managing crew and passengers and facing the music when things do not go to plan.

Captain on an A320/B737 is paid well and has plenty of legal authority. Is it really so much to ask that a captain on a plane manages to show the same responsibility and visibility as captain on a ship ?

easyflyer83
30th Dec 2017, 00:05
Let’s be fair though... as someone who has cruised a hell of a lot, the Captain of a cruise ship is rolled out very ceremoniously for passengers to gush over, have their photo taken and very little more.

canberra97
30th Dec 2017, 02:19
And that obviously comes across from a passengers point of view!

Harry Wayfarers
30th Dec 2017, 03:52
When I flew regularly with Swiss I felt sorry for the poor sod of a First Officer who's job it was to stand outside the Flight Deck and wish the passengers well as they de-planed :)

compton3bravo
30th Dec 2017, 07:28
Recently flew with easyJet for the first time for a number of years, no problem just the schedule did not fit with my plans. Must say what a distinct improvement all round, flew Gib-Manchester and Gatwick-Gib. Both flights on time and the in-flight service much improved. The CC were very professional. I am the first in the queue to complain, but no complaints at all - that cannot be said for immigration at Manchester, an utter shambles. Overall not a bad flying experience.

RAT 5
30th Dec 2017, 10:49
In a few of my airlines there have been occasions where I was in the cabin and using the PA to inform the pax about this or that. I thought it the obvious thing to do, even if their first language was not English; the message got across and we all became a team, patient and helpful to each other. The biggest complaint of pax, especially those delayed at an airport listening to useless PA's over the tannoy about further delays, is 'lack of information'. Information & being treated with respect as the fare paying customer goes many leagues to defusing a problem.
In every instance the F/O & cabin crew said they had never seen that before in the airline. I asked around about the content of command courses and never was PR and total leadership included in the upgrade syllabus. It was all about SOP's, CRM and OPs A, plus the requisite handling. Sadly, in these days of 4 years to command at 26 it is even more necessary to explain and teach the meaning of total command. Its importance is not appreciated by the training departments. It should be a requirement from the CEO. The captains are ambassadors of the company; thus making it a further shame that too many companies do not promote company culture, loyalty, respect, pride and honour a little more. Indeed they sometimes create the opposite.
I hope the captain received a 'Well Done' and more from ez.

inOban
5th Jan 2018, 08:20
December up 5.5%. LF + 1.5%.

2017 up 9.6% to 81 million.

RAT 5
5th Jan 2018, 08:34
I just looked at booking a ticket on ez. It was astonishing that my 20kgs suitcase was being charged at €37.50 per sector. My return €110 ticket to the sun was then increased by €75 for a suitcase. imagine a family of 4 paying €300 for their luggage. This seems absurdly expensive. It's been a couple of years, but I seem to remember a very reasonable €15. The competitor airlines are €15-€20. This questions if the title LoCo is correct.

pabely
5th Jan 2018, 11:51
EZY Web Site shows 18.19 € - 44.19 € up to 23Kg per sector, RYR are about 30.00 € up to 20Kg

Expressflight
5th Jan 2018, 13:39
How long has EZY charged for hold baggage on a per route basis? I assume it's calculated in relation to the sector distance of each route.