PDA

View Full Version : easyJet SO/FO/SFO

ChimneySweep
22nd Sep 2017, 16:33
Just seen easyJet is hiring NTR copilots and on their website they say that depending on your experience you'll either be ranked Second Officer, First Officer or Senior First Officer.

Anyone know how much experience they require for each rank? There's a pretty big salary difference between them.

Vwon
22nd Sep 2017, 19:21
For UK contracts:

SFO- >2500 factored hours and full ATPL

(0.8 x your total hours for short haul jet FO)
(0.9x your total hours for short jet CPT)

(0.6x your total hours for long haul FO)
(0.7 x total hours for long haul CPT)

(0.7 x your total hours for Airline turbine FO)
(0.8 x your total hours for airline turbine CPT)

FO- >1250 factored hours

Upgrade to FO after a minimum of 24 months operating as FO.

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/511068-non-type-rated-easyjet-recruitment-73.html

The above thread should cover most questions.

iggy
23rd Sep 2017, 10:56
They really think a long haul Captain would apply as FO for EZY? Has it happened yet?

MikeAlpha320
23rd Sep 2017, 11:41
Have flown with quite a few.

giggitygiggity
23rd Sep 2017, 14:23
Yep, quite a few for me too. The degenerates!

appleACE
23rd Sep 2017, 18:36
Thanks Vwon

Solenoid
19th Aug 2019, 14:55
Still applies? Any idea if it’s the same for the Portugal bases?

byrondaf
19th Aug 2019, 15:09
still the same. yes it's the same.

BarryMG
19th Aug 2019, 17:06
Italy is different, for new joiners you need 3000+ hours (after factoring) just for FO, SFO only possible after 2 years in company

Falling_Penguin
19th Aug 2019, 20:29
Just easy Swiss, Palma, and Porto offered at the moment...
Each not very attractive for differing reasons.
I hear from a friend inside that there are shortages in the UK/EU.
Does anyone have an idea of when the site will open up to UK/French/German/Italian contract applicants?

Regards,
FP

UberPilot
19th Aug 2019, 22:28
Just easy Swiss, Palma, and Porto offered at the moment...
Each not very attractive for differing reasons.
I hear from a friend inside that there are shortages in the UK/EU.
Does anyone have an idea of when the site will open up to UK/French/German/Italian contract applicants?

Regards,
FP

It looks like the next year at least will be lean, only about half the recent usual internal upgrades this year means less movement and consequently less need for DEFOs, especially those more attractive contracts. Brexit uncertainty means there is a certain amount of unknown at the moment - I would anticipate a “deal” situation to largely return things to normal, however, a “no deal” could slow things down a for quite a few years.

Solenoid
20th Aug 2019, 01:00
Any info about conditions for the Portuguese contact?

Falling_Penguin
20th Aug 2019, 08:30
Useful info, thanks.

RDMC
15th Oct 2019, 17:25
Hello folks,

I’m considering applying to Easyjet next year and I’m planning on my base/contract choice.
Could anyone tell me the average FO - Captain upgrade time for each country-based contract please? Also, what are their experience minima to be eligible for the upgrade?
I’ve got around 2500h (SIC) on the A320, 4100h TT.

Thank you!

Renato

Polorutz
16th Oct 2019, 05:49
Hello folks,

I’m considering applying to Easyjet next year and I’m planning on my base/contract choice.
Could anyone tell me the average FO - Captain upgrade time for each country-based contract please? Also, what are their experience minima to be eligible for the upgrade?

Thank you!

Renato

Easyjet operate a non seniority upgrade system. You already probably have the hours to start the process but you’d have to wait for at least 2 recurrent sims. (1 year).

After you start the minimum time is about 18 months. Things have slowed down quite a bit lately with Brexit and Monarch collapse so I’d reckon 5 to 6 years is not unheard of.

UberPilot
16th Oct 2019, 07:10
Hello folks,

Thank you!

Renato

You can apply after your 6 month probation period is over. This starts the ball rolling. The time required to start a command course will be dictated on your base choice and where the company need commands. If you’re British then LGW would be the wisest choice for speedy progress. However, as mentioned above, easyJet appear to be growing now at the slowest possible rate as per the growth plan. Only about 12 airframes next year so commands have already reduced substantially, and hence a backlog has started to build up. Thus I would not assume to breeze through in times of recent historic norm.

dirk85
16th Oct 2019, 09:07
Historically the shortest time to command has been around 24 months from date of joining to the upgrade course, but as said already, with the current growth that’s not going to happen for new joiners.

BehindBlueEyes
16th Oct 2019, 09:33
Anyone been hired with 2000+ hours 737 experience?

VJW
16th Oct 2019, 10:59
Anyone been hired with 2000+ hours 737 experience?

yeah pushing 2 years ago now

Denti
16th Oct 2019, 14:56
Historically the shortest time to command has been around 24 months from date of joining to the upgrade course, but as said already, with the current growth that’s not going to happen for new joiners.
Saw someone complete the whole process within 15 months getting his command during spring this year. So yes, that can be possible, you have to be extremely pushy and learn a lot, after all there is not much training history to back anything up so you will be quizzed harder. And the required knowledge is already extremely high, not necessarily the handling skills as manual flight and especially manual thrust flight is actively discouraged on the line (not by training but rather by base management or base safety officers). However with the current slowdown expect three to four years to command, there are already several hundred in the pipeline waiting for their spot.

Stone Cold II
16th Oct 2019, 15:08
manual flight and especially manual thrust flight is actively discouraged on the line (not by training but rather by base management or base safety officers).

Which base would that be? Never experienced it at my base or any other base I’ve been to. Manual flying is encouraged in the ops manual, it only states to practice when the situation is ideal, workload etc.

TheAirMission
16th Oct 2019, 15:36
handling skills as manual flight and especially manual thrust flight is actively discouraged on the line (not by training but rather by base management or base safety officers).

Absolute crap.

dirk85
16th Oct 2019, 17:02
Saw someone complete the whole process within 15 months getting his command during spring this year. So yes, that can be possible, you have to be extremely pushy and learn a lot, after all there is not much training history to back anything up so you will be quizzed harder. And the required knowledge is already extremely high, not necessarily the handling skills as manual flight and especially manual thrust flight is actively discouraged on the line (not by training but rather by base management or base safety officers). However with the current slowdown expect three to four years to command, there are already several hundred in the pipeline waiting for their spot.

Never heard anybody in 15 months, that must be a record. By doing exactly everything at the earliest possible iaw the OM D i have seen 22/24 months, no less.

Never was I discouraged to handfly on the line.

giggitygiggity
16th Oct 2019, 23:02
Never heard anybody in 15 months, that must be a record. By doing exactly everything at the earliest possible iaw the OM D i have seen 22/24 months, no less.

Never was I discouraged to handfly on the line.

Agreed, that's simply rubbish. Ok, there might be a time and a place for it and you should always take account of the PMs workload, but today, both approaches flown by the FO were completely manual. When I was an FO I was never discouraged, just told to brief it. Nothing wrong with that!

Perhaps your friend (Denti) isn't very good at it and is being discouraged for other reasons.