PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Finances

jetstreamrider
21st Sep 2017, 01:45
Hi guys, does anyone have an insight into the financial stability of Norwegian in all its guises? Could it be heading for the 'perfect storm'??

I am aware of people's views regarding Ts&Cs so would be more interested in current employee views of job stability than Ts&Cs and whether securing a position on the short haul fleet may be a better option instead of putting forward a chunk of money for a 787 rating that may not get paid back if it all goes tits up.

Cheers!

directmisbi
21st Sep 2017, 06:52
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-21/norwegian-air-s-global-expansion-draws-fire-from-a-jilted-rival

jetstreamrider
21st Sep 2017, 07:28
Good article however does anyone on the inside have any actual worries? We know MOL has an axe to grind, it's just whether he knows something everyone else doesn't. I'm keen to know from both NAS and NLH guys whether they perceive one side to be more stable than the other.

nitefiter
21st Sep 2017, 07:44
depending on your financial circumstances and which country you live in, it is possible to arrange a bank guarantee. I know of people in Norwegian who have moved across to LH who have done this recently. The last one i spoke to had arranged it with the HSBC UK. therefore no monies paid over unless you leave within the bonded period and nothing lost if the worst case where to happen.
As with anything check the small print before you sign.