PDA

View Full Version : Fouga Magister and MS 760 Paris

Wander00
20th Sep 2017, 18:32
Arrived at La Rochelle on the Ryanair (thanks for not cancelling it) flight on Sunday afternoon. Walked to the car just down the road and as usual looked through the wire to see if anything interesting - to see a Fouga Magister and a MS 760 both being refuelled. SWMBO not keen to hang around to see if they would depart, but did get a couple of piccies. Anyone know where they had been, or are based. Also saw a Flammant fly over us (80km north of La Rochelle) the following day. Must have been some airshow somewhere

DaveReidUK
20th Sep 2017, 19:51
There are a fair number of Magisters still flying in France, Parises are somewhat rarer.

If you took photos, why not post them here to help ID the ones you saw ?

l.garey
21st Sep 2017, 15:19
Wander00: I agree with DaveReid - please show us the photos. I haven't seen a Paris since I saw a Swiss-registered one in 2005 in a hangar at Annecy being rebuilt - HB-PAA.

Laurence

pulse1
21st Sep 2017, 16:25
SWMBO not keen to hang around to see if they would depart

Based on watching the Paris operated by Cranfield College in the 60's I am not suprised. One wondered if it was ever going to get airborne.

Wander00
22nd Sep 2017, 09:04
I have a try at a picture later today - W

chevvron
22nd Sep 2017, 12:20
The French Air Attache used to use a Magister every saturday to nip over to his homeland from Bovingdon until that airfield closed in '68.
Last Paris I saw was in about 2005 at Farnborough operated the FAF.

G-ARZG
22nd Sep 2017, 13:00
The only Paris 3 (google it) still lurks in the back of one Le Bourget's hangars

Wander00
22nd Sep 2017, 14:16
Not having a lot of luck (competence!) posting photo. Photo held in folder on my laptop, but reply box says too many characters!

Geezers of Nazareth
24th Sep 2017, 11:33
The French Air Attache used to use a Magister every saturday to nip over to his homeland from Bovingdon until that airfield closed in '68.
Last Paris I saw was in about 2005 at Farnborough operated the FAF.

When Bovingdon ceased to be active the French Air Attache flight moved to RAF Northolt where his Magister resided in one of the northside RAF hangars. I remember seeing it arrive and depart many times, although I cannot now remember if it was 'around' a weekend. It was '547' with the code 'VR'. It was the nearest thing to a fast-jet at Northolt in those days.

Wander00
27th Sep 2017, 09:57
Update on the aircraft at La Rochelle last week - apparently they appeared at the airshow at Royan that weekend. Perhaps Royan does not hold Jet A-1. On the RAFA Sud Ouest visit to the flying training school at Cognac yesterday (Thanks everyone there for making us so welcome) and saw another Magister - mounted on a pole

l.garey
27th Sep 2017, 12:42
There's also one near me, at Pontarlier.

Laurence

atakacs
27th Sep 2017, 13:03
There's also one near me, at Pontarlier.

Laurence

Nice... But a air worthy Paris is quite something else!

chevvron
27th Sep 2017, 13:10
Nice... But a air worthy Paris is quite something else!

Especially when you hear the weird noise it makes.

DaveReidUK
27th Sep 2017, 22:31
Update on the aircraft at La Rochelle last week - apparently they appeared at the airshow at Royan that weekend.

The programme for the Royan show would suggest that the Magister was actually a Zéphyr (the naval version), which should narrow down the possibles considerably.