PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet-2

FLYAIR10
20th Sep 2017, 13:41
The Antwerp authorities just announced that a new operator for the London City to Antwerp route was selected. New operator will formaly announce the schedule any of these days. According to info in the press the airline would foresee 3 flights/day as from 29 October 2017. That would mean there is no interruption of service after Cityjet stopping the route the week before.:O

AirportPlanner1
20th Sep 2017, 14:15
Is this Flybe by any chance? Good size aircraft, could stimulate the market a bit through lower fares compared to Cityjet, and don't mind a good subsidy or discount which ANR may have put on the table.

goldeneye
20th Sep 2017, 15:21
Could it be BA with the Saab 2000 ?

Avnu
20th Sep 2017, 15:31
The thing that's either confusing or revealing (depending on which way you look at it) about this announcement is that the name of the carrier will only be announced next week. So bookings can't be made before that date even though the first flight is just over a month from today.

I don't think any of the established carriers (like Flybe or BA) would need a week to add a new destination to their booking engine. Which leads me to believe it's neither of those and we might actually be looking at VLM. Which knows the route well of course but doesn't have anything resembling a decent booking engine right now. Their site is very incomplete and still shows flights from Maribor that aren't bookable anymore. So they might indeed need a week to set something up for the ANR flights.

V_2
20th Sep 2017, 16:15
Apparently it's VLM. Maybe Cityjet will buy them back ;)

Icarus2001
25th Sep 2017, 03:59
Can Cityjet use the Sukhoi at London city yet?

bananamanuk
25th Sep 2017, 06:11
Hi, i believe the SSJ100 needs modifications before it can be certified at LCY including installation of winglets. I am a little surprised it has taken as long as it has before the aircraft received these changes.

SealinkBF
28th Sep 2017, 21:17
I'm amazed at the contraction of the CityJet network.
I know it's managed as they go to a more charter operation, but still... what a difference.

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/09/22/fmimg8109161925002837867.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4385/37348805652_5d1f6c209c_c.jpg

virginblue
29th Sep 2017, 13:16
...the current route map is misleading, though. Apparently the seasonal routes will not resume and the three AMS-routes are code-shares operated by KLM. So there is just one route left, DUB-LCY - just like when they started 20 odd years ago.

29th Sep 2017, 16:45
And at one point they had ¿four? German routes as well.

It's a shame, they tried so hard to find a reason to exist as an airline in their own right, and they were willing to be innovative!

EI-BUD
29th Sep 2017, 19:26
Cityjet have come through the worst of times, and arguably the best of times. In terms of their own schedules services, they have little in the way of a USP imho, and without scale nor differentiation, there wouldn't appear to be much of a future for schedule flying i their own rite. All that said they now have a nice operating niche on behalf of other airlines like SK, SN, KL and more to follow.. which is x much more sustainable than their schedules serviced. I wouldn't expect to see any new ops for WX brand on scheduled routes. This partly explains the lack off urgency in certifying the SSJ for LCY.

rowly6339
30th Sep 2017, 07:06
Does anyone else think that the failed tie up with Stobart air has maybe hurt them a little?

mik3bravo
30th Sep 2017, 07:53
Unquestionably!

rowly6339
30th Sep 2017, 16:54
It's a shame it didn't go ahead I thought it might have worked well.

Una Due Tfc
30th Sep 2017, 19:49
The SSJ flying the EI Regional brand would have had huge potential in Benelux, Germany, France etc.

20th Oct 2017, 12:57
Do we know how CityJet are getting on with the SSJs? A post in another thread alluded to issues?

harriewillem
4th Apr 2018, 12:54
http://www.nac.dk/news-and-press/nac-purchased-and-immediately-leased-back-four-bombardier-crj900s-to-cityjet/

https://chorusaviation.ca/2018-03-21-Chorus-Aviation-Announces-Leasing-Transaction-with-CityJet

4th Apr 2018, 20:09
Isn't that quite a normal thing for airlines to do?

harriewillem
31st May 2018, 10:26
Do we know how CityJet are getting on with the SSJs? A post in another thread alluded to issues?

Why Brussels Airlines cancels many flights operated by CityJet with Sukhoi SuperJet 100 aircraft - Aviation24.be (http://www.aviation24.be/airlines/cityjet/brussels-airlines-cancels-many-flights-operated-by-cityjet-with-sukhoi-superjet-100-aircraft/)

bananamanuk
12th Jun 2018, 05:46
Hi all, just read this re Cityjet and 7 more CRJs and a note about a deal with Air France for Hop! service.

Seems they are really focussed on the wet lease model now

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/cityjet-gets-fleet-expansion-as-owner-strikes-100m-aircraft-deal-with-sas-36993474.html

harriewillem
11th Jul 2018, 23:05
https://www.bruzz.be/economie/brussels-airlines-wil-af-van-sukhoi-superjets-2018-07-11

Superjets are gone March 2019, Or earlier, either Cityjet replace with other aircraft. New operator comes Or Brussels will operate themselves...

OUCH..

12th Jul 2018, 13:37
Oh dear. I was intrigued when they took these as it seemed risky. No blame of course; if it had worked out it would have been an inspired decision that would have put them in a uniquely wonderful position in Europe...

EI-BUD
12th Jul 2018, 14:43
This could prove to be a very costly development for Sukhoi, particularly in relation to its business development prospects in the Western World. Having maintenance and support available is key in any region. Hopefully this development, should it materialise will not put too heavy a strain on Cityjet...

fjencl
17th Jul 2018, 12:55
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/farnborough-air-nostrum-and-cityjet-to-join-forces-450367/

EI-BUD
17th Jul 2018, 21:46
Cityjet pre AirFrance investment found many investors that helped keep the carrier afloat in the most challenging of times, e.g Malmo Aviation. Pat Byrne is to be congradulated for making the business work and now he being back has found a new niche for the carrier in ACMI.

That said the concept of ACMI is in its infancy in europe and it's a great niche, but you'd have to question how the airline has funded all of this expansion while investing in new aircraft and operating multiple a/c types... this link with Nostrum will likely underpin the viability of the business! Best if luck to them....

BA318
28th Aug 2018, 10:40
Cityjet will now operate their LCY-DUB route for Aer Lingus from 28th Oct.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/aer-lingus-news/london-city-airport/

harriewillem
28th Aug 2018, 11:18
Good news for WX, commercial risk gone of the route, however IAG now has 2 airlines competing on a single route... wonder if they will kill one of the two... as it makes now sense to let BACF and EI (WX) run this route.

shamrock7seal
28th Aug 2018, 13:28
Very good news indeed... LCY was in need of a service and brand such as Aer Lingus. Could this spell the beginning of the end of the EI agreement with Stobart?

IAG is not that sensitive that it wouldn’t allow competing airlines. What about Iberia and BA on Madrid London? This signals more co-operation/market share.... plus keeping revenue in the same group is wise.

brian_dromey
28th Aug 2018, 14:08
Very good news indeed... LCY was in need of a service and brand such as Aer Lingus. Could this spell the beginning of the end of the EI agreement with Stobart?

IAG is not that sensitive that it wouldn’t allow competing airlines. What about Iberia and BA on Madrid London? This signals more co-operation/market share.... plus keeping revenue in the same group is wise.

I think Stobart might well be worried. If CityJet and AirNostrum do merge, as planned, the group will operate ATR's. AirNostrum has planned to open an ATR operating Irish subsidiary with the stated intent of bidding for the Aer Lingus Regional franchise.

mik3bravo
28th Aug 2018, 16:49
I think Stobart might well be worried. If CityJet and AirNostrum do merge, as planned, the group will operate ATR's. AirNostrum has planned to open an ATR operating Irish subsidiary with the stated intent of bidding for the Aer Lingus Regional franchise.

Excellent news, if it becomes reality. Stobart Air have not been able to consistently provide reliable E195 aircraft's on the SEN - DUB route and other continental European cities. I welcome any progress to deliver reliable and punctual services. Badly needed.

EI-BUD
28th Aug 2018, 19:18
Cityjet has made no secret of its desire to tender for the Aer Lingus Regional business, and quite publically so too.

Despite the 195 challenges that Stobart has faced it appears to provide consistency across the Aer Lingus Regional branded business, carrying as many as 1 in 3 Aer Lingus guests between Ireland and the UK.

There is no reason why Stobart and Cityjet/Nostrom cannot each play their part in the future and let's face it, the AerLingus Regional contract has some time left to go, and IMHO significant consolidation in the regional airline market will take place before that. Especially in the context of Flybe's challenges there is bound to be some changes. Stobart's attempt to effect change with the proposed Cityjet link up, and then the proposed take over of Flybe, plenty has been happening.

EI-BUD
28th Aug 2018, 19:26
The bigger question is of what is remaining of Cityjet scheduled services at LCY excluding DUB, what is to become of the rest. Will these slots be used to draw another ACMI customer in? If so good move. Will Cityjet's own decline at LCY vis a vis BA, give them an opportunity to work with BACF???

brian_dromey
28th Aug 2018, 19:32
The bigger question is of what is remaining of Cityjet scheduled services at LCY excluding DUB, what is to become of the rest. Will these slots be used to draw another ACMI customer in? If so good move. Will Cityjet's own decline at LCY vis a vis BA, give them an opportunity to work with BACF???

They seem to have given up the ghost and waived the white flag at LCY. Once they lost the sales channel through AF and the SkyTeam FFP the LCY operation declined rapidly. BA cityflyer was established 10 years ago with a fleet of 10 ARJ-100, they now fly 22 ERJs, clearly much of that growth has been facilitated by WX's decline.

Noxegon
28th Aug 2018, 19:41
Very good news indeed... LCY was in need of a service and brand such as Aer Lingus.

CityJet offered a free bag, an inflight snack, and fifteen minute check in. All of the above are gone with Aer Lingus.

mik3bravo
28th Aug 2018, 19:50
CityJet offered a free bag, an inflight snack, and fifteen minute check in. All of the above are gone with Aer Lingus.

Don't forget, choice of seat selection in economy seats.The whole package just does as it says on the tin, all round a fairly good product and service. It's just works well.

EI-BUD
28th Aug 2018, 20:53
So officially this will mark the end of Cityjet's own scheduled services in its own rite.. They've done very well to get to this milestone 24 yrs on, but now placed on a much more sustainable footing...

bananamanuk
29th Aug 2018, 05:37
So officially this will mark the end of Cityjet's own scheduled services in its own rite.. They've done very well to get to this milestone 24 yrs on, but now placed on a much more sustainable footing...

Do you know what is happening to Cityjet flights from London City to Amsterdam and Florence.? Are these ops for another carrier or are they ceasing? Amsterdam operates with WX flight codes for example. I am probably missing something!

BA318
29th Aug 2018, 06:29
Do you know what is happening to Cityjet flights from London City to Amsterdam and Florence.? Are these ops for another carrier or are they ceasing? Amsterdam operates with WX flight codes for example. I am probably missing something!

On the Cityjet website, it says they will suspend all scheduled flying in their own name from Oct 28th. So I guess the routes are dropped.

BAladdy
5th Sep 2018, 09:55
Does anyone know if the ending Of the Cityjet scheduled operation will result in a excelaration of there plans to retire the RJ85 fleet. I know two are set to fly for EI, but what about the rest of the fleet?. Does anyone know which aircraft are planned to operate for EI and if they will receive full EI colours?.

According to the information on Jethro’s fleet listings. There are 14 RJ85’s registered to WX however how many of those are actually still in service. Can anyone clarify the status of the following aircraft:

EI-RJD - Arrived in NWI on 01SEP18. Does anyone know if this is for engineering check/storage or maybe repaint?
EI-RJF - Has been parked at NWI since 04MAR18, is said to be currently engineless. Has this aircraft been PWFU?
EI-RJI - Last operated flight info found was back in mid JAN. Has the aircraft been placed into storage or PWFU?
EI-RJU - Last operated flight info found was back in early AUG.
EI-WXA - Hasn’t flown for over two years guessing PWFU.

virginblue
5th Sep 2018, 10:02
They need one or two for DUB-CDG as well. I think this is the only AF route they still operate(?) In the past they also operated from CDG to places in Germany, Italy etc., but from what I gather, this has ended a while ago.

EI-BUD
5th Sep 2018, 12:08
BAladdy,
with the current Brussels Airlines situation and the Sukhoi Superjet situation, the ARJs are most likely thrown a lifeline, the big challenge is getting crew for the type, particularly pilots.

sparkie320
5th Sep 2018, 16:59
Does anyone know if the ending Of the Cityjet scheduled operation will result in a excelaration of there plans to retire the RJ85 fleet. I know two are set to fly for EI, but what about the rest of the fleet?. Does anyone know which aircraft are planned to operate for EI and if they will receive full EI colours?.

According to the information on Jethro’s fleet listings. There are 14 RJ85’s registered to WX however how many of those are actually still in service. Can anyone clarify the status of the following aircraft:

EI-RJD - Arrived in NWI on 01SEP18. Does anyone know if this is for engineering check/storage or maybe repaint?
EI-RJF - Has been parked at NWI since 04MAR18, is said to be currently engineless. Has this aircraft been PWFU?
EI-RJI - Last operated flight info found was back in mid JAN. Has the aircraft been placed into storage or PWFU?
EI-RJU - Last operated flight info found was back in early AUG.
EI-WXA - Hasn’t flown for over two years guessing PWFU.

EI-RJD arrived at Norwich and remains outside the KLM hangars
EI-RJF has entered the KLM hangars and heard going back into service
EI-WXA remains NWI north side very withdrawn state had been told she was due for the chop but nothing yet
Mark

A320rider Junior
5th Sep 2018, 17:24
It's my understanding that a couple of the RJ's will be in Aer Lingus colours and wet leased, the rest will be used to fill the holes left by the Sukhoi fleet and expansion of ACMI deals.

davidjohnson6
11th Sep 2018, 00:16
I'm aware that Brussels Airlines / Cityjet wish to de-emphasise SSJ 100 flying due to reliability issues and availability of spare parts. Could someone perhaps tell me

1 - Will all aircraft remain in use until March 2019 or is there intended to be a gradual reduction of SSJ 100 use between now and then ?
2 - Do Cityjet have at least some basic store of spare parts to be able to fix the most common of SSJ problems or do they have to order everything from Sukhoi on a when-aircraft-breaks basis ? Is this maintenance base in Brussels, Dublin or somewhere else ? I'm trying to figure out whether SSJ flights out of Brussels will likely be more reliable than those from elsewhere

Many thanks in advance for any info

latecoere240
2nd Nov 2018, 14:07
https://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/luchtvaart/brussels-airlines-dumpt-russische-sukhois/10065265.html

It seems SSJ100 will be replaced by CRJ....

virginblue
2nd Nov 2018, 14:19
That the SSJ100 will be replaced at Brussels Airlines has been known for a while. The more interesting question is what Cityjet will do with the SSJ100s now.

BAladdy
2nd Nov 2018, 15:45
That the SSJ100 will be replaced at Brussels Airlines has been known for a while. The more interesting question is what Cityjet will do with the SSJ100s now.
The post below was added on this thread back in July
https://www.bruzz.be/economie/brussels-airlines-wil-af-van-sukhoi-superjets-2018-07-11

Superjets are gone March 2019, Or earlier, either Cityjet replace with other aircraft. New operator comes Or Brussels will operate themselves...

OUCH..

One of the SU9’s (EI-FWG), that had been operating from BRU appears to have already been replaced by a CRJ1000 (EC-LPG) leased from Air Nostrum.

SN have updated there planned S19 Schedule. Flights originally showing as operated by a SU9 are now showing as being operated by a RJ85. A RJ85 is also now showing as operating all flights currently operated by BM on behalf of SN and as operating a number of flights that had been planned to operate by a SN A319. 8 RJ85’s would be required to operate all these flights. Are they all going to be from WX or could BM be adding some RJ85’s to the fleet?

BAladdy
21st Jan 2019, 05:40
WX have terminated the contract with Sukhoi for there SSJ aircraft. A couple of the aircraft have already begun to be returned to Sukhoi in VCE. The remainder are parked at either DUB or SNN and will be returned to Sukhoi in the near future.

jamessh
26th Feb 2019, 17:24
I'm not too aligned with what's going on at cityjet so I apologize if this is a stupid question. What will happen to the RJ85's now that the SSJ's have gone (thank god). The original plan from what I can understand was to phase out the RJ's with the SSJ aircraft so what will happen to the RJ's now? Will they be replaced or will their service be extended (and if so until when?).

Thanks,
James

bigjim99
26th Feb 2019, 18:12
I'm not sure even Cityjet will have an answer to that. If it wasn't for LCY restrictions then I'd imagine they'd standardise on the CRJ.

They'll probably continue with a small fleet of Avros for the meantime to see how the EI tie in goes and what if anything falls out from Brexit.

The question will then become if they should replace the avro or pull out of LCY. Can't imagine they make that much in this day in a age to operate a subfleet of e jets or a220s just for LCY ops.

yeo valley
27th Feb 2019, 04:24
I'm not sure even Cityjet will have an answer to that. If it wasn't for LCY restrictions then I'd imagine they'd standardise on the CRJ.

They'll probably continue with a small fleet of Avros for the meantime to see how the EI tie in goes and what if anything falls out from Brexit.

The question will then become if they should replace the avro or pull out of LCY. Can't imagine they make that much in this day in a age to operate a subfleet of e jets or a220s just for LCY ops.

1 of the RJ85 is planned to operate from BRS to BRU for Brussels airlines.due to start 1st of may.

fjencl
26th Jul 2019, 11:25
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air-nostrum/european-commission-approves-the-merger-of-cityjet-and-air-nostrum/

pabely
26th Jul 2019, 11:48
This is interesting as both airlines combined are doing work for all 3 Alliances based in Europe

harriewillem
22nd Mar 2020, 12:54
https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/grounded-cityjet-will-survive-but-ceo-hits-at-lack-of-state-help-39062755.html

davidjohnson6
3rd Apr 2020, 13:23
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/88451-irelands-cityjet-looks-to-auditors-for-crisis-advice

Auditors have conflicts of interest if they start giving advice to companies they advise. The only thing I can think of, is whether the question about being a going concern is under discussion

Steviec9
11th Apr 2020, 16:16
Brussels Airlines withdrawing Seville, Valencia, Bristol, Hannover, Billund, Marrakech, Santorini and Moscow until at least start of Summer 21 timetable. 5 x CRJ returned to CityJet.

Just a spotter
17th Apr 2020, 15:49
From RTÉ, 17th April 2020

The High Court has appointed a interim examiner to the Dublin-based regional airline CityJet. [...] The judge said while the company was insolvent and unable to pay its debts as they fall due, he accepted evidence from an independent expert that the airline has a reasonable prospect of survival if certain steps are taken.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0417/1132194-interim-examiner-appointed-to-cityjet/

JAS

Albert Hall
18th Apr 2020, 10:27
This has got the potential to go badly wrong. An insolvency filing will, I would be fairly certain, give SAS rights to terminate the contract it has with CityJet - at which point it is game over. If the CRJ900s then get dumped back to their owners by CityJet's examiners, the other SAS regional supplier - XFly/Nordica/Regional Jet or whatever it's now called - would be able to get a much better deal on those aircraft in the current climate to offer them more cheaply to SAS. It's not good for all those involved and the future of CityJet is now entirely in SAS' hands.

JSCL
18th Apr 2020, 10:47
This has got the potential to go badly wrong. An insolvency filing will, I would be fairly certain, give SAS rights to terminate the contract it has with CityJet - at which point it is game over. If the CRJ900s then get dumped back to their owners by CityJet's examiners, the other SAS regional supplier - XFly/Nordica/Regional Jet or whatever it's now called - would be able to get a much better deal on those aircraft in the current climate to offer them more cheaply to SAS. It's not good for all those involved and the future of CityJet is now entirely in SAS' hands.

If I’m not mistaken... Cityjet is owned by Falko... the leasing company that owns the aircraft. They’ll be putting together a good solution and SAS has no appetite to lose its’ regional flying.

Albert Hall
18th Apr 2020, 11:53
SAS wouldn't end up losing its regional flying - they'd just end up with all of it with XFly.

Still, no point in much more conjecture so let's see what happens.

harriewillem
20th Apr 2020, 13:03
Would think this as well, challenge with contract flying always will be that the operator wants the work too much, and with the competition out there, so sells it just to cheap... and in case of WX her cost side is totally wrong.. pilot salary due to their historics are just completely crasy, not that i not wish their pilots the wage they have... but the historic contracts are from another planet and they have a few of those boys around.. just have a look at PPJN for an indication...

Capt top €122290 22/Oct/18
Capt base €75000 22/Oct/18
FO top €71148 22/Oct/18
FO base €35000 22/Oct/18
SO top =small€33881 22/Oct/18
SO base €25000 22/Oct/18

MCDU2
20th Apr 2020, 18:46
Those salaries look pitiful to me.

RJ100
21st Apr 2020, 13:12
Might look pitiful, but that’s £10,000 a year more than I got at the top of the Capt pay scale flying for what was once their competition.

BA318
22nd Apr 2020, 07:14
https://luftfart.nu/cityjet-i-sverige-og-finland-er-gaaet-konkurs/

Cityjet subsidiary in Sweden and Finland declare bankruptcy. Danish arm continues.

davidjohnson6
5th Jun 2020, 06:01
Not looking great
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/91548-french-subsidiary-of-irelands-cityjet-enters-liquidation

harriewillem
5th Jun 2020, 10:19
Operations have restarted the 2nd of June, sadly only so far with 1 unit EI-FPV has been operating between CPH and AAL for SAS.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ei-fpv

Still leaves 27 CRJ parked 9 in DUB and rest in Scandinavia. 4 Avro are also parked presume in DUB.

So flying one out of 32 aircraft for now.. hope this goes up fast for peoiple still left in WX.

Vinny91
11th Feb 2022, 18:47
Hello,
Does anyone know how difficult the selection process is for CityJet and what they are going to ask for the assessment?
thanks so much and good luck to everyone!