PDA

View Full Version : LH779/13 ex JKT

hailstone
16th Jul 2002, 14:32
LH779/13 was AOG in JKT - supposedly technical - other folks that i pry for info say that a/c was damaged on ground and that captain will have to answer for that ?!?!?!

anybody out there know what happened ?

greybeard
17th Jul 2002, 14:44
Our OPS news is it went off the edge of the taxiway near 07L, lights not being the strongpoint in that area, or in many places at JKT

:mad:

hailstone
18th Jul 2002, 10:51
thanks for that greybeard
any info on the damage on the aircraft (just gear stuck in the mud ??)

PK-KAR
21st Jul 2002, 12:21
Just talked to a member of JAS Ops earlier today.

The plane stepped into the mud on the intersection out of Apron D and Txy D (now known as NP1). Apparently the lighting conditions then was "disputed". However, the pilot said that judging by the ligts, he thought he'd make the turn OK (off record). I really don't know what happened.

No other 744s had any problems with the turn that day, nor did anyone mention any lighting problem.

The aircraft was stuck for about 1hr because the pilot's request for "a jack and a pneumatic pump" was initially blocked by the airport owners.

No other info.

PK-KAR

arba
22nd Jul 2002, 23:53
I was out to SIN that night, while taxying to RWY07R seems like the lighting was OK. The yellow line is too thin though.
It's turning from taxyway NP2, supposed to enter RWY07L from N6 (that is full RWY length)

The strange thought was, why the Right Main Gear ???
The wider turning area is in the Left side.
Seems to me, it's cutting corner.