PDA

View Full Version : Zürich transit

chrissw
19th Sep 2017, 12:47
We (two of us) have been fortunate enough to get business class flights with Swiss LHR-ZRH-LCA at the end of May 2018.

Does anyone have any advice/information/criticisms about lounges available to us during our transit through ZRH? E.g. is there one at all? Is it any good? and so on.

(In case you're wondering, it was significantly cheaper than direct flights with BA _economy_!)

ExXB
19th Sep 2017, 14:07
Some work at present but

https://www.swiss.com/ch/EN/fly/airport/swiss-lounges-a#t-page=pane2

esa-aardvark
19th Sep 2017, 19:08
Hello,
been through Zurich a few times with Swiss. Short connection always for me,
but they managed it.
I once contacted them to ask if I should change to a flight with a longer connecting time,
to be told "no Mr XXX, we do this every day'.
Also, 'if you miss this so does every else.'
Mind you I was on a Swiss ticket all the way.
Only once had time to spend in the lounge.

alserire
19th Sep 2017, 19:33
Don't know how long your connection is and I've never been in any of the lounges but I can say it is one of the nicest, quietest, most well appointed airports I've ever been through. It's flat out lovely. And Larnaca is a beautiful place too. Not the airport though! Enjoy your trip!

chrissw
19th Sep 2017, 19:38
Thanks everyone; I am aware of the web site but I was hoping for some individual experiences and recommendations.

Outbound we have only 70 minutes, but around 2.5 hours on the way back.

I once lived in Cyprus but I was very young. I've been back twice for holidays since then.

ExXB
20th Sep 2017, 08:57
I've had 45 minute connections reduced to under 30 due late arrival and my bags still made the connection. I had to hoof it though.

rog747
20th Sep 2017, 09:15
on your way out i doubt you will have time to use the lounge but on the way back def yes

lovely lounges with SR at ZRH there are 2 i think - very quiet and its a no brainer to take this over BA Y
i did CAI to LHR via ZRH on SR and it was superb in C

i did Niki and BA to LHR from JTR via VIE in CE - lovely stop over in VIE of 2 hours and fab lounge and great food there plus on NIKI chicken Schintzel lunch with chocolate mousse prepared by Demel in Vienna from Santorini and a nice grilled salmon dinner on BA in CE from VIE to LHR - all very civilised and all on Avios LOL

sadly Niki i think will be no more due air Berlin collapse

Jarvy
21st Sep 2017, 07:13
Mrs. J is a regular Swiss lounge user. All good and the one I like has an outdoor terrace where I sit with my drink and watch the airport.
Only advice I will give is that there are no announcements with regard to flights so keep an eye on the boards.