PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance cost calculation A330-300

A380MSN0001
18th Sep 2017, 21:32
Hi everyone, I'm an aeronautic student and as a business case we are working on the economics of an airline operations.

This question may be candid but I would like to understand how airlines manage to forecast their maintenance cost and checks on a new aircraft.

I would like to know for instance with an A330-300 equiped with Enfine GE CF6 80E1 what would be the scheduled maintenance for one year operation and the cost of it.

Data of exploitation :
Annual Flight Hours : 4200 hours
Annual Cycle : 600

Many thanks for your feedbacks,

Avtrician
19th Sep 2017, 12:05
With any aircraft, all maintenance required is carried out at intervals set by the manufacturer. All these maintenance tasks have a known expected time to complete, and the cost of components required to be replaced are also known. There fore it is relatively easy to forecast what these fixed costs are.

Of course, nothing ever runs to plan, so a bit extra cost factor is needed to be added in to allow for the unexpected. Of course, as aircraft age, they will require more inspection, and parts will start to break more often.

Try contacting an airline, and see if they can help you with more information, with out giving away any confidential information.

PDR1
19th Sep 2017, 12:16
With any aircraft, all maintenance required is carried out at intervals set by the manufacturer.

To be picky - maintenance is carried out at intervals set by the CAM, who uses the manufacturer's recommendations as one of many sources of information on which to base his/her decisions.

All these maintenance tasks have a known expected time to complete, and the cost of components required to be replaced are also known. There fore it is relatively easy to forecast what these fixed costs are.

This only covers preventive maintenance - corrective and adaptive/perfective maintenance costs relate more the the complexity and reliability of the particular aeroplane (corrective), the stability of the operating context and intended mission (adaptive) and the technical maturity of the aeroplane and its operational/support context.

PDR

spannersatcx
19th Sep 2017, 16:25
depends where you get it done as well!