PDA

View Full Version : Krakow transportation

vctenderness
18th Sep 2017, 08:42
We are visiting Krakow in October and looking for some assistance with best way to city centre.

The airport website is not great but it seems to suggest the train as a hassle free way to go.

Anyone a regular visitor and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

WilliumMate
18th Sep 2017, 08:50
Roughly hourly train for 9 Zloty. Taxi for about £10, Uber for about half that.

Use 'rome2rio' website for full details.

Cuillin Hills
18th Sep 2017, 14:04
As advised above - train to main station is every 30 minutes.

New and safe - about 25 minutes and pennies.

Old town is about 10 minute walk from main station (which is integrated into a large modern shopping centre).

Beautiful city.

angels
18th Sep 2017, 20:25
Both the above, but if you're looking to really save money, get the bus. Out of the terminal and the bus stop is on your right. You can buy a (3-day?) tourist pass from the tourist booth just by the exit.

We used buses and trams to get around with no problems. The train to Oświęcim is slowish but a very interesting trip through rural Poland. We got a coach back from outside the main museum.

Er, edited to add info is two years old!

PDR1
18th Sep 2017, 21:10
If you're going to Kracow set aside half a day (at least) to visit the aviation museum. It's a bit hard to find (hidden behind the polytechnic) but has an amazing range of stuff from edwardian era to present day. I barely skimmed the surface in the four hours my better third and kids allowed me to spend there!

DaveReidUK
18th Sep 2017, 21:54
Seconded.

I only managed a couple of hours there before I ran out of brownie points, but it was absolutely fascinating. I was amazed that we seemed to be pretty well the only visitors during that time.

vctenderness
19th Sep 2017, 08:50
Thanks for all replies. Don't know if MrsVC would be as keen on the aviation museum as me!