PDA

View Full Version : Interview travelling

kjvmw
15th Sep 2017, 12:31
Hi,

I have an interview coming up soon and am travelling from New Zealand to Perth for it. Have airlines ever been known to check who you flew with to the interview? Or am I over thinking It?

Thanks

Capn Rex Havoc
15th Sep 2017, 19:37
No, you are not over thinking it,

They also know what you had for breakfast, and especially whether you voted Yes or No at the latest gay marriage thingy. :ugh:

Metro man
16th Sep 2017, 03:13
Back in the old days, you could often talk your way onto the flight deck by showing your interview letter and asking nicely, if you flew on the airline you were interviewing with. That won't happen now so look for the best price and timing.

DeltaT
16th Sep 2017, 07:51
No they don't know, however expect that they will ask.
In which case if you could have flown with them, lie, telling them you did.
-And know the flight times you could have taken.

Air NZ asked me, and despite the reason being both cost and especially schedule as to why I didn't, I overheard the comment about me that I clearly didn't think it was important enough.

As has been pointed out before with interviews, they will go hunting for any negatives they can if they want to.

Band a Lot
16th Sep 2017, 08:03
I love people willing to lie!

They will never stop!

Did you double check the fuel figure?

Yes I did Captain!

DeltaT
16th Sep 2017, 09:32
here we go, has to be someone kicking off doesn't it, always the same on here.
yeah, like lives depend on what airline you went on to get to an interview.
Whats your real name then Band a Lot? or going to continue to hide behind a lie of a username?

Band a Lot
17th Sep 2017, 00:37
Well the secondary question/s may be fun to answer.

A) Yes I flew the 0820 flight here Sir.

Q) Oh that's good how did you like the service?

A) The service was fine Sir.

Q) Did the flight depart on time? We have had a few issues with that flight departure in the past!

A) Umm (?)

Statement:- a) Oh that's good to hear, b) Sorry to hear, I am sure they are still working on the fix.

Q) What was the load like, normally fairly empty on the Monday!

A) Umm (?)

At this point you notice they are all looking at your eyes!

34R
17th Sep 2017, 01:29
Here's a thought.....

If they ask who you flew with, tell them the truth.

If they ask the reasons why, tell them the truth.

There are more ways than one to assess someones honesty and integrity.

sagan
17th Sep 2017, 01:35
Seriously ?

You are travelling at your own expense I gather ?

In which case screw what they think.

Band a Lot
17th Sep 2017, 01:53
I have been banned a lot and am currently from the Rumours and News section on Pprune, any Mod should be able to confirm that for you.

Now if the interviewers did a follow up on your answers at the interview and they found an obvious lie - is it possible that they will keep you on the short list?

Or another is they give you a number to call that will give you an upgrade to Business Class on your return flight. What do you now do?

34R had the correct response in my opinion.

parabellum
17th Sep 2017, 03:37
By the time of your interview they will know if you flew with them, just a quick check of the pax manifest is all it takes. Now imagine their response if you start lying!

DeltaT
17th Sep 2017, 07:10
yeeees they have all time in the world.

ElZilcho
17th Sep 2017, 10:35
If they really care and want to know, then they'll already know before asking. i.e. don't lie.

But lets be realistic, there's only 2 Airlines who fly between NZ and Perth, Air NZ and QANTAS. Obviously you're not interviewing with Air NZ. QANTAS direct flight I believe is seasonal so it's not like you're brimming with options unless you consider connections.