PDA

View Full Version : Airport worker throws himself in front of plane

newswatcher
16th Jul 2002, 11:11
From Associated Press:

The airport at Timisoara, Romania was closed for three hours Tuesday after an airport worker committed suicide by throwing himself in front of a landing airplane, an official said.
The worker, identified as Paul Todoran, 25, was an airport security employee, said Lt. Marius Anghelescu, an airport spokesman.

Todoran died immediately as he hurled himself in front of the airplane shortly after midnight, Anghelescu said. The plane, a Lauda Air flight from Vienna, Austria, had a ground speed of 200 kilometers (125 miles) at the time, he added.

Timisoara, one Romania's largest cities, is located about 500 kilometers (312 miles) west of Bucharest.

OrsonCart
16th Jul 2002, 15:11
YUK!

MarkD
16th Jul 2002, 15:39
What a selfish bastard. Could have taken a whole bunch of folks with him, not to mention the effect on the crew.

Johnny F@rt Pants
17th Jul 2002, 16:21
Wonder if they had to put the bits in a bag and send it to the CAA?:eek:

BryanC123
17th Jul 2002, 19:31
I take it hes dead?????????????:rolleyes:

Cobbler
22nd Jul 2002, 12:26
Yep, that's what 'committed suicide' means ;) otherwise it would have read 'attempted suicide'.

Covenant
23rd Jul 2002, 18:26
bodstrup

I don't agree. Suicide, whether attempted or committed, is always a selfish act regardless of the way you do it.

To endanger the lives of other people in the act is just doubly selfish.

Keyboard
23rd Jul 2002, 20:21
Covenant

The problem is when people decide they can no longer face life they don't really think of the consequences. Life has got that bad that reality no longer matters. What you have to think of is what drove that that person to go to such extremes. Yes I do admit there are others ways which do not endanger life to others but when you feel like ending it all that's not a consideration. It is the people and family that are left behind that suffer not the one who has threw himself in front of an aircraft. Quite frankly they are not here to care anymore.

Wycombe
25th Jul 2002, 11:19
....there are plenty of train drivers in the UK who will tell you how terrible this is :(