PDA

View Full Version : Bell JXR?

Dynamic Component
16th Jul 2002, 10:05
Do any of you ppruners have any info on the new Bell "JRX" that Bell is working on.

I'd like to know what they have up their sleeves;)

sprocket
16th Jul 2002, 10:48
http://www.246.ne.jp/~heli-ss/bell-jrx.jpg

It must have a lot of composite materials in it.

widgeon
16th Jul 2002, 19:04
looks like a 407 with 5 seats , if they can sell it for under a million they may get some sales . Was checking thru the Canajun register the other day lots of ships first registered in 70 thru 75 , I assume the US is similar. Hard to get those guys to lay out a mill to replace something they paid 400 k for.

StevieTerrier
16th Jul 2002, 20:23
Looks like the original drawings of the 427 - before they realised that model had two engines on the roof which needed cowlings.

"Yeah real pretty design guys. Now if we can just add another engine on the roof...won't spoil the lines, right?"

SASless
17th Jul 2002, 12:52
A Jetranger by any other name is still a Jetranger. Innovation is a foreign concept at bell.....modification is their idea of innovation. Looking at all the glass on the pic.....reckon they will remember to put some vents, opening windows, or some other way to vent heat from the thing.....and how much you want to bet....it will have a two bladed rotor head ....or two of them stacked one upon the other? The tail rotor will surely have two blades....and look amazingly like the original 47 design. Needless to say...the first dozen accidents will result from the tailboom falling off the thing....then the next dozen will be from tail rotor problems.....if history repeats itself. Just being cranky this morning!

Autorotate
18th Jul 2002, 07:31
SASless, I got to spend 15 hours flying an EC-120 last week and have to admit its a great little machine. The most common negative I always hear from operators and owners is that it needs more power. Once this happens I would say that the Jetrangers days are certainly numbered. I know that the Eurocopter support structure needs some working on but if this also happens I wouldnt be surprised to see every 206 replaced with a 120. Mind you time will tell.

Autorotate.

Dynamic Component
18th Jul 2002, 23:41
Autorotate,

I agree with you 100%.
Eurocopter had a EC 120 fly in weekend in South Africa a few weeks ago and that is what most of the pilots and owners said they would change if they had the choise.

I only have 2 hours in EC 120s, but any helo is better with more POWER.