PDA

View Full Version : Training Questions

lp0389
11th Sep 2017, 16:44
I am currently working in Load Control at Manchester Airport and have always had an ambition to become a commercial pilot.

I have some savings to help towards cost of training but have a few questions.

1). As City Airport is the closest aerodrome that offers flight training, what would be considered the best organisation there? I did a few flights with Ravenair there a few years back and they'd have been my first choice but now they're only at Liverpool.

2). As I can save around £500 in travel costs by using City Airport instead of Liverpool that would be the best location to do my PPL. However for any further training beyond this I'd need to go to Liverpool, which would mean changing training providers. Is this recommended?

3). Training books - I have a couple of the AFE PPL ones already. They also do 'revision guides'. Is there anywhere I can get all this information condensed, for example online? They take up a lot of space that's all.

Thanks for any replies in advance 🙂

Treadstone1
12th Sep 2017, 10:05
Give Manchester Flight Training a call. They are an ATO based there..

TryingToAvoidCBs
18th Sep 2017, 09:15
However for any further training beyond this I'd need to go to Liverpool, which would mean changing training providers. Is this recommended?

Don't worry about changing schools from where you did your PPL. I would guess that over 80% of all modular students do their PPL and further training at different schools.